• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Auctopus

How long until Season end approx. ?

I was Ranked at 2555, lost continuous games down to 2100 now I've crawled my way back to 2600 and was thinking of going for 3000.

zoukka

lul got spawncamped on Gibraltar. Their Phara had a field day, our Mccree didn't kill her once during the match. Afterwards the dude said he'd report me since I said he should try to kill phara first :(

Strootman

Man I'm on an incredible winning streak since two days. I was at 3100, now I'm at 3650. I'm starting to master every character and understand every situation and how to react. Feels good.

Blues1990

Man I'm on an incredible winning streak since two days. I was at 3100, now I'm at 3650. I'm starting to master every character and understand every situation and how to react. Feels good.
Nice work. I'm slowly getting the hang of McCree & Ana, though I need to learn how to properly space myself when fighting those who can kill me. Ana requires a lot of accuracy & reaction time, which can be pretty stressful.

fhqwhgads

High Plat has been hell to get through thanks to the sheer amount of throwers in games. Some of the pettiest shit too, like losing the first round on Nepal, not even a steamroll since we capped the point for 80%, and apparently that's enough for our healer to start throwing the game. Pathetic stuff really, I hope Diamond isn't as bad as that.

I've also learned what my absolute least favourite thing in the game is. Pushing Hanamura last. The map as a whole feels incredibly biased to the defending side. I'd rather play Numbani non-stop than have another round attacking there.

Auctopus

Weird. Teammates were better in 2000-2500. On the way to 3000 and people can't hit shit, it's infuriating. I'll take out 5 enemies and the whole team can't take out the last junkrat or something.

I've played a couple of hours of Sombra now and really, really like her. Up there with Genji, Ana and Zarya for me in terms of the pure joy of chaining moves and abilities.

Seems hard to absolutely dominate with her, though. I find myself getting lots of medals (sometimes five!), but they tend to be silver or bronze. She just doesn't churn out enough damage -- she just focuses it really well. And I think it's hard to quantify the havoc she wreaks in disrupting deathballs and staggering spawns. Also I feel like I only die when I fuck up (or some insane amount of burst damage is direct my way). Missing the timer on the tele is crushing.

Auctopus

Hearing all of the horror stories about ranked make me not even want to do my placement matches without teammates =(

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I ranked on the Platinum side of 2500 at the beginning of the season. I was really glad that I'd finally be able to stop playing QP and have decent teammates. Nope. Lost 14 games in a row and stopped playing Overwatch for about 3 weeks. Came back and started playing QP and was having a blast and finding better teammates and group compositions than the played I'd find in Ranked.

However, seeing as it was the end of the season, I decided to go for broke and see how high I could rank. Went from 2100 to 2500 in about 4-5 hours. My winrate was better than my QP winrate though I did have some frustrating losses.

As the user above me said, it's a coin toss but if you're decent enough, I think you can get the better odds and slowly climb up.

(All solo queuing btw)

I've solo queued gains of around ~400 both seasons and never had a precipitous drop. It's not so bad provided you don't go on tilt (which I avoid by taking a break of at least an hour after two defeats in a row).

Someone said I was probably bad cause I was using a Rare tier skin... in a game where skins are given out randomly regardless of skill ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Getting MVPs as Zenyatta lately, feelsgoodman.gif.

Briareos#1318 if anyone wants to add, playing on PC. Would be good to get back to playing Comp.

Anyone know if they're going to give out the CP bonuses based on rank again at end of season? If so, wondering if they're going to base it off you current tier or SR.

Edit: Nvm, looks like you get rewarded based on highest tier you got for the season

AbaFadi

Banned
I dunno if it's right but when I have ult with Reinhardt I deliberately miss my firestrikes. If you stop firestriking the enemy Reinhardt will know you have ult up and half the battle is mind games between the two. Then again I'm a rubbish Reinhardt

If the Reinhardt sees you throwing a firestrike that gives him a great opportunity to ult before you can finish since it takes a while to finish throwing it. A nice way to bait out the earthshatter is to put shield up and down repeatedly and hope he falls for it.

Jellie

If the Reinhardt sees you throwing a firestrike that gives him a great opportunity to ult before you can finish since it takes a while to finish throwing it. A nice way to bait out the earthshatter is to put shield up and down repeatedly and hope he falls for it.

Mind games.

matmanx1

Code:
[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/31a4f21e80d607e01405061e400a6b49.png[/IMG]

i did it

Congrats! Well done. I've played so very little Comp this Season that it's pretty much a bust for me at this point. On the bright side I've spent a lot of time in QP learning new heroes and getting more comfortable with more characters. Believe it or not, QP has been a fairly positive experience for me this season, moreso than Comp. Once QP goes to the 1 Hero limit I won't have much of a reason to play Comp unless they reveal some new reward for points other than the tacky golden guns.

I can't wait for them to put in one hero quick play. Just played the most cheese shit on El Dorado with 5 Torbs and a Rein just blocking them and their turrets off.

Trying to get better with Tracer. Getting the hang of harrassing people and escaping. But I still need a lot of work actually doing decent damage, I also seem to have no idea when to use my pulse bomb.

Edit: I don't mean to sound negative, learning a new hero is actually a lot of fun.

JoeNut

Really annoying, had a comp game where we had someone drop out almost immediately but let us play the whole game and we lost. Seemed totally unfair, why can't comp games have a backfill?

Trying to get better with Tracer. Getting the hang of harrassing people and escaping. But I still need a lot of work actually doing decent damage, I also seem to have no idea when to use my pulse bomb.

Edit: I don't mean to sound negative, learning a new hero is actually a lot of fun.

You shouldn't be just harassing, try to finish them off, unless the odds are completely against you. Go to their backs, focus on one target at a time (supports first), try to get close and unload a full clip on them. If they survive and try to go near their teammates, don't divert your attention to others and just focus on finishing the job and then recall if you need to.

Pulse bomb is a bit hard to stuck on any characters besides tanks if they're moving, so unless you have a Zarya with ult available or near that, don't be afraid to just use it immediately on a tank since you can get it again really fast. If you see some "squishies" near a Rein or Hog don't even think twice, get in there, stuck the bomb and you're probably gonna get some really good damage with it.

Watching Ryujehong playing Ana on his stream and his game on Lijiang is just wow.
https://www.twitch.tv/wpghd321/v/100515853?t=01h35m
1:39:25-1:40:00 is my favourite bit.

He's incredible. Him, Miro and Esca on the same team is just crazy.

TrueBlue

Fuck, I had no idea that there's an omnic slum beneath the final payload destination in King's Row.

Fuck, I had no idea said payload was an EMP that would kill all those omnics.

Fuck.

ohkay

Going off what Nuno said, don't go in on someone when there are multiple characters there, unless you have an out (2+ blinks or recall) even if you've got someone low. But if you do, do everything you can to secure the kill. Also, if you use your ult on roadhog, make sure he's low first otherwise it won't kill him. Zarya can just bubble it off too, so be aware of that. Rein is generally a good target since people will normally be grouped by him.

Azoor

Fuck, I had no idea that there's an omnic slum beneath the final payload destination in King's Row.

Fuck.

Double fuck if there was an Omnic on your team. I highly doubt Zenyatta or Bastion would have agreed to push it if they knew.

Jellie

I've been watching his stream everytime he's on and it's absurd how much in game awareness he has. Always knows when it's best to dps and when to heal when required and at a very high accuracy. Has to be #1 Ana.
Yeah I think he's the best Ana.

You shouldn't be just harassing, try to finish them off, unless the odds are completely against you. Go to their backs, focus on one target at a time (supports first), try to get close and unload a full clip on them. If they survive and try to go near their teammates, don't divert your attention to others and just focus on finishing the job and then recall if you need to.

Pulse bomb is a bit hard to stuck on any characters besides tanks if they're moving, so unless you have a Zarya with ult available or near that, don't be afraid to just use it immediately on a tank since you can get it again really fast. If you see some "squishies" near a Rein or Hog don't even think twice, get in there, stuck the bomb and you're probably gonna get some really good damage with it.

He's incredible. Him, Miro and Esca on the same team is just crazy.
I like sticking pulse bombs on Zarya's shield. Wait a second when she bubbles and place it on the bubble. It'll explode after the bubble expires and it makes it easy to land.
Yeah I also like watching Miro playing winston. He's absurb at splitting teams.

So I decided to queue a 1v1, because I like to torture myself apparently. Round 1 was Sombra v Sombra. I cloaked and ran to the back and found his recall beacon. What do noobie Sombras do? They recall right before the timer runs out. So I camped his beacon and killed him. Duh. This is what followed.

IfipqOa.png

The "nice shot/get shit on" was when he won his first round (Pharah). The unintelligible screaming was when I won my fourth round (Reinhardt). Then the game just had to give us Hanzo and Genji for the final two rounds, which he took (since according his profile, that's all he plays). I congratulated him. Then reported him. Of course. Hopefully he gets a nice long ban and a chance to reconsider his life choices.

Thanks for the advice. How much damage does the bomb do anyway? On tanks, should a clip + bomb be enough to finish them off?

Fuck.

YEP.

Jellie

Man his sensitivity seems so low by his mouse movements. His aim is so good that he 1v1s DPS consistently. I know that Ana's the best at handling them 1v1 but he actively seeks them out in their own range and beats them.
He uses 1.13 or 1.16 can't remember with 1600 DPI.
Thanks for the advice. How much damage does the bomb do anyway? On tanks, should a clip + bomb be enough to finish them off?

YEP.

It does 400 damage.

Fuck.

Dude. So that's why the payload looks like that when it's reaching the end.

I like sticking pulse bombs on Zarya's shield. Wait a second when she bubbles and place it on the bubble. It'll explode after the bubble expires and it makes it easy to land.
Yeah I also like watching Miro playing winston. He's absurb at splitting teams.

Yeah, bait the shield and she's finished.

Miro is amazing, in the world cup they were talking about how good he was at using his bubble to prevent the healers from the other team to get their job done.

400. Yes it's enough, minus Roadhog if he can heal himself like ohkay said.

Top Bottom