• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

The only thing I'm concerned about are the LOS checks. If Rein shield works against this, and I can't pull people off ledges above me because they moved two steps back that's bullshit.

For the next support hero I'm thinking something related to speed would be cool. Imagine a zenyatta like character who could speed up an ally and slowdown an opponent or something along those lines.

I'm imagining the next support hero will be able to single target buff an allies cooldowns. Think like Zen's health orb, but this would reduce all cooldowns by 15% or something. So if your ability normally has a 10 second cooldown, now it's 8.5.

So the next PTR change only has the new hook? Nothing else. Damn they are slow with the balance stuff.

I look forward to the exact PTR changes being pushed to live no matter what making the whole thing meaningless.

Sullichin

I really wonder what they have in mind for Sombra. Can probably count on one hand the number of useful Sombras I have seen. No one plays as her.

Think I'm done with comp until at least some changes. I can't climb out of Platinum, it's literally impossible solo. Every other match there's someone who troll picks or won't change regardless how poorly their attack Symm or whatever is working out.

Of course there's also the possibility that I'm just plan too bad to get out of platinum, but either way, it's no fun right now. The game's got some issues, notably that the meta is so rigid that you HAVE to stick to certain types of composition because otherwise you're just gonna lose, but people are not willing enough to change. It just doesn't mesh with the "pick whatever you want" system. I'd rather it have a Heroes of the Storm-style queueing mechanic where you just select the type of class you want to play and hit matchmaking. I know that wouldn't for this game but damn it's just so frustrating right now when people don't want to switch off their bad pick.

In a similar position, constantly fluctuating in the 2800-2999 SR range, solo queueing.

Soooo frustrating, diamond is so close!
e2mXzrK.gif

Apathy

I still want to see a hero that can drop time bubbles (think Winston style bubbles) that speed up allies and abilities and slow down enemies and their abilities when they are inside.

I really wonder what they have in mind for Sombra. Can probably count on one hand the number of useful Sombras I have seen. No one plays as her.
Even though she's not very good right now she can still be annoying, even if she doesn't kill you I just hate being hacked or not being able to get a health kit. OP Sombra is something nobody wants.

Kito

Sombra's biggest issue in the double healer meta is that nobody uses her health packs.

For Sombra to be effective, she has to swap places with Ana and teammates have to use hacked health packs. She can then farm EMP ridiculously quicker and ult twice as much.

Mupod

I barely touched competitive until this season, feels pointless to do quick play these days so I might as well work towards a shiny gun. I definitely don't have the time or patience to try and climb above Platinum, but I'm confident that I could if I tried. I'm content just playing with friends and winning half our matches. I only need 200 more competitive points to afford a gold weapon at season end anyways.

What determines how many points you get, anyways? Just X amount per win? Seems like I could farm more in the short term by continuing to play with my lower rated friends.

antitrop

I barely touched competitive until this season, feels pointless to do quick play these days so I might as well work towards a shiny gun. I definitely don't have the time or patience to try and climb above Platinum, but I'm confident that I could if I tried. I'm content just playing with friends and winning half our matches. I only need 200 more competitive points to afford a gold weapon at season end anyways.

What determines how many points you get, anyways? Just X amount per win? Seems like I could farm more in the short term by continuing to play with my lower rated friends.

+10CP for a Win, +3CP for a Draw, nothing for a Loss.

And then obviously a payout bonus based on Season High at the end of each season.

I still want to see a hero that can drop time bubbles (think Winston style bubbles) that speed up allies and abilities and slow down enemies and their abilities when they are inside.
Uncharted 4 had the former as an ability and it had to get nerfed to hell.

Would probably have to be an ult.

Mupod

+10CP for a Win, +3CP for a Draw, nothing for a Loss.

And then obviously a payout bonus based on Season High at the end of each season.

that explains my odd number of points. We had a weird streak of draws a while ago. We had a Volskaya go down to overtime on every single capture point until it went to a draw, took like 45 minutes or something. By the end all I could think of was I want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride

BigDug13

Is the current meta really that Mercy is a trash character?

I played a ton of Overwatch, but stopped around septemberish maybe? Definitely pre-Ana (since then I've played one or two games to try her out I think), like a few weeks into competitive maybe. Like 95% of my time played was with Mercy. Looking to get back into the game and trying to catch up on the updates and everything...Mercy really gets like no usage? Ana is the go to support now?

=

Mercy is still good on console because controller aiming makes Ana a lot more difficult to play for reliable healing and Mercy can GA around the battlefield to survive a bit easier when tracking her is tougher.

In a weird way, I think console is more balanced than PC right now as far as tank meta not being supreme. Ana isn't as good. Harder to track smaller dps targets while tanks are easier to hit. Characters like Winston and reaper can shine more due to aim help.

that explains my odd number of points. We had a weird streak of draws a while ago. We had a Volskaya go down to overtime on every single capture point until it went to a draw, took like 45 minutes or something. By the end all I could think of was I want to get off Mr. Bones' Wild Ride

The 5-5 Overtime draw on Volskaya from Season 2 was basically the worst experience I've ever had playing Overwatch.

some spastic fuck in comp thought symmetra was a counter to genji

She's not? I feel the turrets slow him down and if he's in range without slice the laser will eat him like Winston's does.

A single friend and I played in a 6 stack we made up with some decent randoms and we had like a 7 win streak going. At one point we got matched up with 4 of our IRL friends and stomped them! I don't think I've ever got random matchmaking putting me up against people I actually knew. It was hilarious because we didn't realize we were totally wrecking our friends until the end of the match.

ricelord

Sombra's biggest issue in the double healer meta is that nobody uses her health packs.

For Sombra to be effective, she has to swap places with Ana and teammates have to use hacked health packs. She can then farm EMP ridiculously quicker and ult twice as much.

Had a Sombra on my team who could get her ult like in 30 secs by doing this.

Paltheos

She's not? I feel the turrets slow him down and if he's in range without slice the laser will eat him like Winston's does.

'Can fight' but not a counter. Genji should keep away if he's not going to kill because yes Sym can fry him ofc. If he does though he's mostly ok because Sym has no movement abilities to catch him.

if the circle bloom crosshair does one thing for s76 it proves that his bloom is weird as fuck, really doesn't feel like a normal gun at all

Meccs

Matchmaking seems to work but can be pretty frustrating. My last 20 matches:
5 won - 1 lost
1 won - 6 lost
6 won - 1 lost

Lost my last 4 of course.

Magnus

I love this game a lot, and have the big CE on PC. Happy.

But I'm definitely craving to play it in my living room home theatre. Thinking I should bite for the PS4 Pro next time the game goes on sale. (was $39 for Boxing Week, I should have nabbed it). I could play on my BF's PC which is hooked up to the TV, but I want to be able to play with a controller and just chill out some more, rather than need to play it at my powerhouse desktop with mouse/keyboard.

Does anyone have both versions? Any anecdotes?

I'm aware that there's no way to connect the two to allow for unlockable progress to sync, which sucks, but I can deal with that.

I love this game a lot, and have the big CE on PC. Happy.

But I'm definitely craving to play it in my living room home theatre. Thinking I should bite for the PS4 Pro next time the game goes on sale. (was $39 for Boxing Week, I should have nabbed it). I could play on my BF's PC which is hooked up to the TV, but I want to be able to play with a controller and just chill out some more, rather than need to play it at my powerhouse desktop with mouse/keyboard.

Does anyone have both versions? Any anecdotes?

I'm aware that there's no way to connect the two to allow for unlockable progress to sync, which sucks, but I can deal with that.
I've only played the PC version through the trial, ultra obviously looks nicer but the PS4 version is no slouch. It still looks very pretty and runs at 60fps 99.8% of the time. Prepare to lose some precision when playing McCree and Widow. No text chat is a bummer but a decent amount of people in comp do have mics, and there's always gaf.

Top Bottom