• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Heysoos

Was there a recent change to Widow? Almost every single game I've played so far today has had a Widow with seemingly god like aim on either my team or on the enemy.

Was there a recent change to Widow? Almost every single game I've played so far today has had a Widow with seemingly god like aim on either my team or on the enemy.

In the tank meta, Widow has the ability to burst them down rather quickly. Supports too.

So Widow has seen a bit of an uptick since there's likely to be less flanking.

Aim wise, I don't know.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was very anti DVa nerf until I played Reaper today. Rip in pieces

Never coming around to Soldier tho

If I'm guessing correctly track aiming on consoles should be much easier than a more flick-shot style right? Just due to the auto-aim?

Because if you've ever met a good mccree he is so fucking oppressive.

Nimby

Banned
Hook 2.0 hopefully means Ana gets trashed as well. Please come this week too, I'm tired of playing against it and watching teams use it.

If I'm guessing correctly track aiming on consoles should be much easier than a more flick-shot style right? Just due to the auto-aim?

Because if you've ever met a good mccree he is so fucking oppressive.
Yep, that's my issue w/ soldier on console. It is far easier to aim with him than McCree so even though theoretically they put out the same damage now even spaghetti soldiers can hose you down in moments.

Might be another case of splitting pc/console balance tbh.
It's hard to be a tanks buster when a single tank can bust ya.
DVa ONE
Hook 2.0 hopefully means Ana gets trashed as well. Please come this week too, I'm tired of playing against it and watching teams use it.
They just need to touch the nade

Knock the heal buff down to 30% or something

Antiwhippy

Eh, Ana's strength isn't predicated on roadhog's viability, unless you mean the patch comes with ana nerfs also.

finalflame

Eh, Ana's strength isn't predicated on roadhog's viability, unless you mean the patch comes with ana nerfs also.

I'm 99.99999999% sure that's what he means. It's unlikely the patch will have balance changes ONLY for Roadhog, and Ana is the other hero that CLEARLY needs to be nerfed right now.

Chance

dancing.gif

Sane_Man

I just had one of the most bizarre interactions I've ever had in the game. I'm gold and was in a team with two silvers. We were attacking Anubis with me as Ana, a Lucio, Rein, Soldier, Zarya and D'va. The soldier starts spamming in chat "D'va, switch to Hanzo!! we're on attack!"

The D'va was also silver so I guess didn't know any better and trusted him so swapped. The rest of us were like "wut, no. Don't do that! D'Va is OP!" but soldier kept saying "we're on attack idiots!! 2-2-2!!!!"

We kept insisting and explaining why it was a bad idea and eventually the D'va said she got gold damage and elims last round on defence so would stick with it. Soldier said "you'll see when we losel"

We then steamrolled both points and D'Va got play of the game with a quad kill on B. Chat piled in on him saying "if only we had a hanzo..." etc and he said "Hanzo ult would have been better" and left.

finalflame

I just had one of the most bizarre interactions I've ever had in the game. I'm gold and was in a team with two silvers. We were attacking Anubis with me as Ana, a Lucio, Rein, Soldier, Zarya and D'va. The soldier starts spamming in chat "D'va, switch to Hanzo!! we're on attack!"

The D'va was also silver so I guess didn't know any better and trusted him so swapped. The rest of us were like "wut, no. Don't do that! D'Va is OP!" but soldier kept saying "we're on attack idiots!! 2-2-2!!!!"

We kept insisting and explaining why it was a bad idea and eventually the D'va said she got gold damage and elims last round on defence so would stick with it. Soldier said "you'll see when we losel"

We then steamrolled both points and D'Va got play of the game with a quad kill on B. Chat piled in on him saying "if only we had a hanzo..." etc and he said "Hanzo ult would have been better" and left.

That's the kind of ignorant, ill-informed, know-it-all jackass you find in those tiers, unfortunately. It's not all that different into Plat, and, from what I hear, most of Diamond. Some people make absolutely no effort to follow the game's meta or understand composition and want to talk as if they understand everything.

Sane_Man

That's the kind of ignorant, ill-informed, know-it-all jackass you find in those tiers, unfortunately. It's not all that different into Plat, and, from what I hear, most of Diamond. Some people make absolutely no effort to follow the game's meta or understand composition and want to talk as if they understand everything.

Yep. It's maddening. There was nothing we could say to convince him. And of all the heroes to suggest to a silver player - Hanzo!!

Jellie

Can the shield gen use health packs if you place it on one? I read it can but that can't be right... If its true and you have a sombra hacked health pack on it...

Meccs

So after 1 week of playing nothing but Overwatch I have to say "solo queue" (I only played QP) comes down to a zero-sum game in terms of entertainment and fun. Wins and close losses are crazy fun, getting stomped not so much. As I have either or to an equal amount, for me personally, Overwatch is less fun than my beloved BF1 where I can play from 30 minutes to 6 hours and come away feeling really satisfied and entertained.
Another thing are the linear maps. It feels too much like your running with your head against a wall sometimes. That again is a personal thing. I'm not a fan of choke points and absolutely hated Metro in BF4. Overwatch feels too much like "choke point mayhem until ultimates are ready".

I will continue playing Overwatch of course, probably more than any other game for the next weeks. But from now on my new "fun formula" will be "if you lose 3 or 4 games in a row, play something else".

Ramirez

I need to hop on and try Oasis, but I played yesterday for the first time in forever, and I still just don't find the current meta much fun at all.

Shouta

junkrat is very good against reinhardt/tank comps

They're all big characters so junkrats aoe always hits

and reins shield can be easily pegged away by junkrat

He is but only if you aren't spamming the grenades like crazy and focusing on a target or working with another DPS to clean up.

Like the assumption that Junkrat is bad against Zarya only really comes from the fact most Junkrats just lob grenades all over allowing her to charge up safely. But if you're not doing that and baiting the shield, he's not any worse than other DPS against her. Same with D.VA, defense matrix nullifies everything. So he's not any worse against her than other DPS.

Skii

He is but only if you aren't spamming the grenades like crazy and focusing on a target or working with another DPS to clean up.

Like the assumption that Junkrat is bad against Zarya only really comes from the fact most Junkrats just lob grenades all over allowing her to charge up safely. But if you're not doing that and baiting the shield, he's not any worse than other DPS against her. Same with D.VA, defense matrix nullifies everything. So he's not any worse against her than other DPS.

Junkrat IS bad against Zarya. He'll feed her energy and she'll out DPS him every single time.

Soldier and Genji can deal with Dva far easier than Junkrat can.

I'm a Lúcio main and man, I don't like any of his skins. It's not a big deal, but it bums me out every so often.

I really like his default, Laranja, Andes and Ribbit.

I'd pay another 750 credits to get Andes without his santa hat, love the color scheme and design of that one.

nice to see some things don't ever change.

ouch

harsh

Right

It's about hitting it just right so the aoe hits everyone else. Against Reinhardt, my favorite thing to do is to throw the mine through the shield and then blow it up and disrupt their whole position

junkrat is fun

Shouta

Junkrat IS bad against Zarya. He'll feed her energy and she'll out DPS him every single time.

Soldier and Genji can deal with Dva far easier than Junkrat can.

He doesn't feed her energy anymore than other DPS do unless you're just tossing out grenades willy-nilly and letting her walk into them with shield up. If that's the case, then he needs to stop shooting them out like an idiot. The entire Junkrat is bad against Zarya is predicated on that spamming. Any DPS will give her charge if they don't bait out her shield and stop shooting when it does.

The entire argument that Junkrat is bad against D.Va is because of Defense Matrix. Ya know, the skill that absorbs all projectiles in the game? Even Soldier can't do shit against it when it's up, yet Junkrat is bad against her because of it? I mean yeah, Soldier takes her down faster because of his ability to headshot but being faster to take her down is a different argument.

He doesn't feed her energy anymore than other DPS do unless you're just tossing out grenades willy-nilly and letting her walk into them with shield up. If that's the case, then he needs to stop shooting them like an idiot. The entire Junkrat is bad against Zarya is predicated on that spamming. Any DPS will give her charge if they don't bait out her shield and stop shooting when it does.

The entire argument that Junkrat is bad against D.Va is because of Defense Matrix. Ya know, the skill that absorbs all projectiles in the game? Even Soldier can't do shit against it when it's up, yet Junkrat is bad against her because of it? I mean yeah, Soldier takes her down faster because of his ability to headshot but being faster to take her down but that's a different argument.
The problem is junkrat's grenades last a while so by the time zarya gets her shield up there's little you can do to retract the grenades you've already launched.

Shouta

The problem is junkrat's grenades last a while so by the time zarya gets her shield up there's little you can do to retract the grenades you've already launched.

That's no different than any other class that's thrown shots out at her before her shield came out though. She only gains like 2-3 more energy when she absorbs junkrat's grenade splash damage over say eating up one shot from McCree's pistol. It's only when you get a clean hit on her that she gains more charge when compared to other mid-close range fighters.

Antiwhippy

Also most of the time you should be working down the shields to get a kill on her/the people she bubbled.

Problem with junkrat is just inconsistent damage and inability to finish kills. It always was. Tanks just exacerbates the problem because they can eat a lot of that damage and get healed up in a second by ana.

Maybe in a world where ana's healing isn't insane junkrat might do ok but we don't live in that world.

Skii

He doesn't feed her energy anymore than other DPS do unless you're just tossing out grenades willy-nilly and letting her walk into them with shield up. If that's the case, then he needs to stop shooting them out like an idiot. The entire Junkrat is bad against Zarya is predicated on that spamming. Any DPS will give her charge if they don't bait out her shield and stop shooting when it does.

The entire argument that Junkrat is bad against D.Va is because of Defense Matrix. Ya know, the skill that absorbs all projectiles in the game? Even Soldier can't do shit against it when it's up, yet Junkrat is bad against her because of it? I mean yeah, Soldier takes her down faster because of his ability to headshot but being faster to take her down but that's a different argument.

He does feed her energy because you don't immediately decide to stop lobbing grenades at the choke. The Zarya will go "Oh, there's some grenades here that are about to blow, might as well pop my bubble and get that energy". With Soldier, McCree etc, you just stop shooting. That doesn't work with Junkrat.

And the point of Junkrat is to deny space, if you start to be selective of where you shoot with Junkrat, you're not doing your job and you'd have been better off going Soldier/McCree.

Soldier has a much higher chance of 1v1ing a Dva than a Junkrat. He can reload and drop his healing station whilst Dva has DM up and then he can shred her because he deals more DPS than Junkrat can. Btw, your argument was that Junkrat isn't any worse than the other DPS at dealing with Dva but clearly being able to take her down quicker means other DPS are in fact better.

Did they change how backfilling works? I was playing the Oasis Brawl with some friends earlier, and whenever someone disconnected the slot wouldn't fill until that particular map was won.

So I'm curious, some people still maintain McCree is better than Soldier overall, now I won't deny a McCree with great aim is gonna be able to do more direct damage than a Soldier, but when you combine Soldier's ult, buffed damage and utility against McCree, Soldier is a great pick.

So if people still think McCree is better for pros to use, why does he have a 2.25% pick rate compared to S:76 who has the highest pick rate of any DPS.

caesar

Banned
So I'm curious, some people still maintain McCree is better than Soldier overall, now I won't deny a McCree with great aim is gonna be able to do more direct damage than a Soldier, but when you combine Soldier's ult, buffed damage and utility against McCree, Soldier is a great pick.

So if people still think McCree is better for pros to use, why does he have a 2.25% pick rate compared to S:76 who has the highest pick rate of any DPS.

Who says that? McCree is one of my best heros and I wouldn't say it.

Antiwhippy

Tanks.

Consistent damage is just safer than burst damage right now.

You can dink roadhog forever but ana can just heal them up and then roadhog just instagibs you. Better to do consistent damage at a safer distance and then let your tanks finish them off.

Plus soldier just deals with DVa better.

Skii

People aren't saying McCree is better than Soldier but that he still occupies a niche in this meta and can outperform Soldier against certain line ups. Like imagine Shadowburn's Genji is ripping through your team every fight, you might want to switch to McCree over Soldier to deal with him.

Soldier is definitely better at the moment in the pro meta because with the death of Reaper, you need that solid DPS ult that can team wipe and nano visor is occupying that role. Dead eye is used more for zoning and you don't need that as much with Dva being so prominent. Plus, it's harder to get a dead eye off against a tank heavy line up. I tried to deadeye a nanoed Roadhog a couple of days ago and the whole charge couldnt kill him lol.

Trey

Tanks.

Consistent damage is just safer than burst damage right now.

You can dink roadhog forever but ana can just heal them up and then roadhog just instagibs you. Better to do consistent damage at a safer distance and then let your tanks finish them off.

Plus soldier just deals with DVa better.

Burst damage is extremely important, it's just that Mccree doesn't do enough of it against tanks, and that's *all* he has.

76 pumps out good damage and also can heal and his ult is more useful. Since mccree isn't killing tanks any better than 76, 76 is better.

Top Bottom