• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Shouta

Also most of the time you should be working down the shields to get a kill on her/the people she bubbled.

Problem with junkrat is just inconsistent damage and inability to finish kills. It always was. Tanks just exacerbates the problem because they can eat a lot of that damage and get healed up in a second by ana.

Maybe in a world where ana's healing isn't insane junkrat might do ok but we don't live in that world.

I don't think inconsistent damage and ability to finish kills is his problem as the better Junkrats know how to get that get those. I feel like his problem is that there's a lack immediacy to his attacks because of the movement speed and arc of the grenades and the fact his Ult brings nothing to a sudden team fight without you taking yourself out of the initial fight.

He does feed her energy because you don't immediately decide to stop lobbing grenades at the choke. The Zarya will go "Oh, there's some grenades here that are about to blow, might as well pop my bubble and get that energy". With Soldier, McCree etc, you just stop shooting. That doesn't work with Junkrat.

And the point of Junkrat is to deny space, if you start to be selective of where you shoot with Junkrat, you're not doing your job and you'd have been better off going Soldier/McCree.

Again, that's assuming that the Junkrat is just spamming the grenades into choke without regards for what's happening. When the Junkrat don't know when the enemy team has a Zarya that can't be avoided but if he does and continues to spam, then he's being an idiot. He's just giving them charge like every other DPS that shoots down that area without getting picks.

Defense heroes control space and that can be done with Junkrat without spamming into enemy lines.

Soldier has a much higher chance of 1v1ing a Dva than a Junkrat. He can reload and drop his healing station whilst Dva has DM up and then he can shred her because he deals more DPS than Junkrat can. Btw, your argument was that Junkrat isn't any worse than the other DPS at dealing with Dva but clearly being able to take her down quicker means other DPS are in fact better.

My argument is that the reasoning used to say Junkrat is bad against D.Va doesn't hold water. That reason, Defense Matrix, holds against all DPS when fighting her as well. What you're talking about is a different discussion.

if we're going into the "better player" argument, a better 76 and McCree can simply headshot down tanks faster than Junkrat can DPS. Fact of the matter is, Junkrat doesn't have the consistent damage necessary to break through a monster tank line like Reinhardt, D.VA and Zarya, not to mention his vulnerability to things like D.Va herself.

Ocho

if we're going into the "better player" argument, a better 76 and McCree can simply headshot down tanks faster than Junkrat can DPS. Fact of the matter is, Junkrat doesn't have the consistent damage necessary to break through a monster tank line like Reinhardt, D.VA and Zarya, not to mention his vulnerability to things like D.Va herself.

Hi Ghost. Are you also trash in this game?

Blizzard

Banned
Unfortunately, he can't first strike everyone because of the warped placement post-hook. Or did they finally fix all the situations where people get pulled far from you, genjis slide to the side, lucios get pulled behind you, etc.?

I'd be ok with nerfing him a little if his hook actually worked correctly.
Quoting just to check one more time since I saw no answers. Has anyone observed this behavior working more correctly, or are the broken hooks still there that prevent instagib?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think they've pushed the changes even through PTR yet? They're just talking about what they're going to do soon.

Kevyt

I bought this new mousepad and my aim sucks now because of it??

I cant tell atm....

What mousepads do you all PC players recommend??

i use this mousepad.
Cardboard.jpg

Kevyt

i use this mousepad.

Really?

Legit question because my mouse feels weird and my aiming is off by a lot... I:

I wasnt using any mousepads before, just bare on my desk but decided to buy this "Pro FPS Mousepad" and now I am missing shots I would not before I:

Shredderi

It's happening again. I'm playing arcade mode the new oasis map. 10 losses in a row. I mean the odds should have been overwhelmingly in my favor by now. Not getting one win at this point is an oddity. If all the good players are training the new map then I should have some of them too in my team but here we are. This game is a rage simulator.

nah. that was just a joke. i actually just used a 3 dollar mousepad i found at frys. it doesn't really matter what kind of mousepad you use as long as it's comfortable for you.

Grief.exe

Really?

Legit question because my mouse feels weird and my aiming is off by a lot... I:

I wasnt using any mousepads before, just bare on my desk but decided to buy this "Pro FPS Mousepad" and now I am missing shots I would not before I:

Of course you are, there's a different level of friction between your desk and your new mouse pad. As a result, your muscle memory is off.

Kevyt

Of course you are, there's a different level of friction between your desk and your new mouse pad. As a result, your muscle memory is off.

But even when moving the mouse around I can't move it on a straight line, it kinda tilts to a weird place and bounces to the side. I can't tell if its the mousepad or if my mouse broke.

ISOM

But even when moving the mouse around I can't move it on a straight line, it kinda tilts to a weird place and bounces to the side. I can't tell if its the mousepad or if my mouse broke.

Your mouse can still work on a lot of surfaces that aren't a mousepad. Try to use it on different things like sheets or clothes and see if your mouse is still not moving in a straight line.

ricelord

what is going on tonight, first game my team stream rolled the first point and a person on the other team quit to soon and the game ended then we proceed to lose the next 3 games.
one game had a guy who was in plat and ever got to diamond and the dude main widowmaker.And the final kicker is that i lost 43 points on the last game so no more grandmaster unless i win two games in a row.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like I've met way more mercy mains whose name involves the word "poop" than I should.

Like, multiple different mercy mains.

some dude playing D.va had the gametag "Zaxbyisbad". Some of these names man

I played against a Widowmaker with the name "HeadShotOnly"

He did not head shot anyone.

Lol.

So, I had an hour and a half of no losses at all. 2738 now, beating a two stack of "Diamond" ranked players to close it out.

I might just make it to Diamond this season.

psyfi

Banned
What are the rank cuts offs? I stopped playing OW before the new system was put in place. I'm sitting at sixty points shy of 3000 right now.

antitrop

What are the rank cuts offs? I stopped playing OW before the new system was put in place. I'm sitting at sixty points shy of 3000 right now.

1-1499: Bronze
1500-1999: Silver
2000-2499: Gold
2500-2999: Platinum
3000-3499: Diamond
3500-3999: Master
4000+: Grandmaster/Top 500

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Know what, i'm really liking the new map....

Been having some good games as Tracer.

Ugh, Reinhardt is absolutely terrible to play in Solo Que QP. Seriously, I feel like nobody knows how to get behind the darn shield, and they end up getting killed as a result. He's a great top tier hero, but you need a really cooperative team if you want to make some sort of difference in the match.

finalflame

Ugh, Reinhardt is absolutely terrible to play in Solo Que QP. Seriously, I feel like nobody knows how to get behind the darn shield, and they end up getting killed as a result. He's a great top tier hero, but you need a really cooperative team if you want to make some sort of difference in the match.

Rein, unfortunately, is the most frustrating hero to play outside of a coordinated team. To be effective, he depends on his team not consisting entirely of complete morons and having competent, aware healers. Otherwise he can hold a shield that'll be useless because nobody gets behind it for 15 seconds and not be able to get anywhere near the enemy to swing.

nahlakhai

There's a ton of bad Reins out there too. Especially the ones that just charge into the enemy's back line and then get insta-focused to leave your team tank-less for 25 seconds.

Rein, unfortunately, is the most frustrating hero to play outside of a coordinated team. To be effective, he depends on his team not consisting entirely of complete morons and having competent, aware healers. Otherwise he can hold a shield that'll be useless because nobody gets behind it for 15 seconds and not be able to get anywhere near the enemy to swing.

Yup, I've had games where no one knew how to push using Rein shield.

Hell, one game I had freaking 48k damage blocked.

psyfi

Banned
Get it son! Did you calibrate that high?

I calibrated at 2100, it's been a bit of a grind to get back up.
At about 48-50 wins this season now though.
What did I place at? I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure I won six out of the ten matches. I think? haha not sure

Playing with other GAFers has spoiled me. I just don't have the patience to deal with solo queue and play with people who don't put any sort of strategy into their playing whatsoever. Played 3 matches in the Oasis arcade and every single one was a rout of my team because everyone was the "meta" tanks and DPS and none of them could kill anybody.

I really like the Oasis maps, but man. I was done with playing Overwatch entirely after three matches and that hardly ever happens. Guess I'll wait for the new map fervor to die down. When is winter break over and will it be safe to play again then?

IKizzLE

Honestly, comp takes as much luck as it does skill. It sucks but there are definitely things you can do to better your odds at climbing.

Lock up your best character and hope others lock up the rest or wait for everyone to choose then lock up what's needed. It's always good to look at people's stats to see who uses what. More than one time a lucio main locked rein while a rein main locked lucio because they were just unaware. Stating that and having them switch could make a huge difference. Last but certainly not the least, avoid the tilt. If you lose two in a row, get off and do something else. Come back later in the night or tomorrow. Let the pool of players/throwers/etc cycle out.

Junkrat's not really about focusing down or tank-killing, but area denial and controlling the battlefield. He can bombard supports hiding in the background, corral the path of the enemy, stop enemies from charging behind the battlefield, and is in general a force to be reckoned with so long as he stays out of reach. And if anyone's crazy enough to get close to him, he can make them regret it, even in death. Like, while his direct damage isn't great, he can make it that much more difficult for enemies to approach unscathed.

He just seems really awful right now because of the tank-heavy meta, giving free ult juice to healers. If the meta was more DPS-focused he wouldn't be so niche.

Cappa

Banned
I played against a Widowmaker with the name "HeadShotOnly"

He did not head shot anyone.

I played against someone whose name was IAMAGENJIMAIN, he did not play Genji all game lol

Also, to all this Junkrat talk. I play from time to time with a Junkrat main. I wouldnt say hes a top 100 in the world player with Junkrat, but hes really really good, and I personally have not played with or against a better Junkrat then him, with that being said there are alot of situations where his Junkrat has been rendered useless and hes been forced to switch.

I think the heavy tank meta does not help regardless of the skill the person who is using Junkrat has. Currently hes really being hindered useless by the current meta.

maomaoIYP

I played against someone whose name was IAMAGENJIMAIN, he did not play Genji all game lol

Also, to all this Junkrat talk. I play from time to time with a Junkrat main. I wouldnt say hes a top 100 in the world player with Junkrat, but hes really really good, and I personally have not played with or against a better Junkrat then him, with that being said there are alot of situations where his Junkrat has been rendered useless and hes been forced to switch.

I think the heavy tank meta does not help regardless of the skill the person who is using Junkrat has. Currently hes really being hindered useless by the current meta.

I played against a GoldenPharah. He couldn't land direct rocket hits.

Meccs

Man Symmetra and Torbjörn are probably my two favorite characters right now. So much fun. Too bad they are mainly defensive heroes. I also love Mei but I have to figure out where and when to place the wall or in general how to engage with her. I think I notice a pattern in my favorite heroes...

Top Bottom