• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Grief.exe

2Lt58yU.png

jOK9KaA.png

Don't make me solo queue guys.

Skii

Man smurf accounts who go out of their way to brag on chat are really starting to get on my nerves. I had one who was bragging about their K/D and telling us we sucked. Something pathetic about GM players needing to belittle gold/platinum players in QP.

Since we were going to lose the game anyway, I solo ulted them and crouch spammed as the rest of their team killed me.

scoobs

There's 2 ways to play Sombra: harasser, as you've described, or healer. The latter requires you swap places with Ana and heal tanks for super fast EMP; this is what Kephrii (Top 500) does. It's also the most unpopular way, since double healer is ingrained in the playerbase and Sombra is offence class.
Wait, I'm confused. Sombra... heals... doesn't compute. Either I'm missing an entire part of her kit, or this is some inside joke I'm not in on.

Shredderi

There's 2 ways to play Sombra: harasser, as you've described, or healer. The latter requires you swap places with Ana and heal tanks for super fast EMP; this is what Kephrii (Top 500) does. It's also the most unpopular way, since double healer is ingrained in the playerbase and Sombra is offence class.

Sombra healer? How?

Kurumi

I would be ok with a 50% win/loss ratio if it weren't always 6 wins, 5 losses, 7 wins, 8 losses .... in addition to a lot of stomps on both sides.
Having said that a lot of close games have been "enemy takes point with 99% on our counter". That happens way too often to be a coincidence. (tinfoil hat on)

Or like when the you're wrecking the enemy team the whole time but all of a sudden OVERTIME and somehow they get their shit together, start wrecking you and win?

Shredderi

Or like when the you're wrecking the enemy team the whole time but all of a sudden OVERTIME and somehow they get their shit together, start wrecking you and win?

I fucking HATE that. Have the fucking decency to win quick or know when to lose. Ain't nobody got time to waste on a match that you HAD only to have it turn around the other way. So much wasted time.

Shredderi

A hacked mega health pack can heal 250HP every 3.75 seconds, which is technically faster than Mercy's 60HP/s even.

And then like Jellie said, she builds Ult charge off that.

JESUS! I didn't even know that. No wonder that I see some Sombras getting their ulti on on every push.

This happens in unorganized teams because up until that Overtime bar fills, uncoordinated teams never know how to push/synchronize their attacks. Meanwhile the defending team is all in the same place and has a comfortable position that is easy to defend against people who aren't pushing as a team. But when the match is almost over, everyone HAS to attack or lose, and so a coordinated push happens naturally along with synchronized ults. And if the push is successful, suddenly you have a coordinated team together on the payload (or the point is captured) and the defense team is now the trickling-in uncoordinated mess who aren't synchronized.

It's all about momentum - and also why it's good to start staggering kills around the 30 second mark on defense, that way they never have a full team on overtime and have to trickle in just to keep the point alive.

Why is the Mei glitch still a think that hasn't been patched out? Make the top of buildings deadzones.

Elimination is terrible to play. I hope everyone that used it get hit with a ban

Why is the Mei glitch still a think that hasn't been patched out? Make the top of buildings deadzones.

Elimination is terrible to play. I hope everyone that used it get hit with a ban

Its getting patched later today, I think. Or very soon, at least. Blizz said they identified what they think caused it (said it was surprisingly hard to find what caused it) and are trialing a fix internally and if it works will push it out later.

Paltheos

Huh. So it wasn't just me. I've also had trouble matchmaking in OW. Arcade's been relatively stable for me though. My real problem has been competitive. Probably starting... a few days ago(?) I've been on a massive losing streak. I used to comfortably hover around 2600 - In season 3, mind you, after the bell curve was flattened - And I've plummeted to nearly 2200. Some of the losses are my fault for sure but... so many? I don't know.

JESUS! I didn't even know that. No wonder that I see some Sombras getting their ulti on on every push.

I think that's a big part of Sombra's kit that people don't take advantage of. Whenever I play Sombra I try and let my teammates know which health packs I've hacked, but in no-mic solo queue people run around with their heads up their butts and never take advantage of the healing boost hacked health packs give. I'll usually end up with 500 healing for a whole match (and it'll be almost all self-healing).

In organized teams, starting team fights around hacked health packs could turn the tables. I think it's something we'd see much more of in a non awful tank meta.

Meccs

I don't normally believe this stuff but right now I had one game in QP best of 3 holding a point game mode (Attack or what's it called). We had 96% I think and the percentage actually went backwards to 90% and they took the point again with us having 99%. Can anyone explain this to me please? Not just that this 99% stuff happens way too often, I didn't even know the percentage can go backwards. What causes this?

Sullichin

I don't normally believe this stuff but right now I had one game in QP best of 3 holding a point game mode (Attack or what's it called). We had 96% I think and the percentage actually went backwards to 90% and they took the point again with us having 99%. Can anyone explain this to me please? Not just that this 99% stuff happens way too often, I didn't even know the percentage can go backwards. What causes this?

The % should never go backwards. The 99% v 99% scenario happens a lot because the team with the point will still gain % even if it is contested, until the point hits 99%.

finalflame

Looks like she'll get a boost but not that specific one. They did say they'll wait on it so she doesn't get overbuffed like Ana. Hope she doesn't get the ability to hack through shields as that is really broken and makes Rein worthless every team fight.

Honestly? I'd welcome the fuck out of that change in the meta. Rein has been a core part of the meta pretty much since day 1, and it's about time we moved away from shooting from behind his shield and having him as a must-have in basically every competitive game. Having him and Lucio somehow thrown out of the meta, or at least greatly reduced to situational picks, would be an amazing and welcome change IMO.

Blizzard: make Sombra's hack disable Lucio's auras and let her hack through shields. Do it.

Kevyt

Wasn't even a full game either, they had us 2-1 on Hollywood.

Second solo queue of the day....this doesn't look good.

Sombra switched Mercy and I went Hog. Actually ended up pulling it off even with the drag effect from the Hanzo and Widow.

6NJ3rot.png

I think I'm done with Ana fam.

For some reason I thought you were master and or grandmaster!

Don't give up grief! You're a good Ana, keep at it!! \o/

Kevyt

pls gaf help me get to plat. I would have been there already but people keep picking junkrat to counter pharah.

What's your rank and what characters do you play?

I almost made it to Diamond (2998) but currently at around 2500-2700 (it fluctuates). Yes, the junkrat picks are super annoying, especially seeing Diamond players picking junkrat. It's like lolwhat

Jellie

Honestly? I'd welcome the fuck out of that change in the meta. Rein has been a core part of the meta pretty much since day 1, and it's about time we moved away from shooting from behind his shield and having him as a must-have in basically every competitive game. Having him and Lucio somehow thrown out of the meta, or at least greatly reduced to situational picks, would be an amazing and welcome change IMO.

Blizzard: make Sombra's hack disable Lucio's auras and let her hack through shields. Do it.
Would prefer an alternative to the shield instead of having Sombra hack it with no counterplay to it.

How many people are you gonna be able to boost before you need to buy a new account?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Sombra hacking through shields would be pretty broken. It would instantly make her a must-pick for any team, and people on both sides would be disabled in every big team fight.

Doesn't sound fun.

Meccs

Won the last 5 matches. It's probably losing time again. I'm considering taking a coffee break to just skip the losing streak and get right back to the winning /s

Won the last 5 matches. It's probably losing time again. I'm considering taking a coffee break to just skip the losing streak and get right back to the winning /s

My friend and I have been trying to grind Comp daily...an hour or two every evening...but if we get on a good win streak we keep going but still call it a day if we hit some sort of milestone...rather than tempt fate. For example last night we did well, I was on 2905? Something like that, maybe a little more. I wanted to take a break, friend wanted one more match...so we did and there entered a troll player who liked to throw matches.

The Lesson? Never listen to your friends.

You'll get there :p

How do I see my competitive stats vs quickplay stats?

@Grief.exe I also am at platinum (just got it a few days ago) just playing solo queue. I can be tough but I will gladly take a close lose vs a complete team meltdown.

Quickplay is crazy right now. There are god-like players with people that don't know abilities. To be fair I use QP to learn (I want to be a good/great winston not a jump then melt and die winston).

What makes me sad is that I feel Tracer is good on certain parts of the map or at certain types of maps (control points) but teams really need heals more than damage.

finalflame

Would prefer an alternative to the shield instead of having Sombra hack it with no counterplay to it.

Wouldn't the counterplay be to require shield/hero LOS while hacking, and have someone damage the Sombra to interrupt?

Either way, it would just be nice to see SOME adjustment that removes Rein and Lucio from the meta for once.

Sombra doesn't need to hack through shields. That would be nuts.

Literally all they need to do is:
1. Extend hack duration to 8s (from 6s) and have it fuck with the player's HUD/vision.
2. Shorten the window in which Sombra is visible after engaging stealth.
3. EMP does 1 damage/destroys Symmetra turrets.

Those things, plus an Ana nerf/meta change would make her powerful. Anyone who says her gun sucks need to git gud, honestly. I think most people make the mistake of playing her as a "stealth hero" instead of a totally fearless harasser. Just constantly in people's faces, messing up their day, disrupting their pushes, never letting them feel an area is safe or uncontested. You have so much mobility and so much leeway with the dumb stunts you can pull. Put the gun to their temple and see how good it is.

Honestly, my biggest issue with Sombra right now is that her ult-rush healing is dumb and too gimmicky/game-y as a strat. I'd like to see them nerf that.

(Also Tac Visor should be canceled by any hack/stun the way Whole Hog is. Will never happen, but I can dream.)

Ramirez

Quitters are out of control lately for me. I also think it's stupid I lost 700 points for not playing over the holidays. The game still matches you with Masters, what's the point?

Sullichin

Sombra doesn't need to hack through shields. That would be nuts.

Literally all they need to do is:
1. Extend hack duration to 8s (from 6s) and have it fuck with the player's HUD/vision.
2. Shorten the window in which Sombra is visible after engaging stealth.
3. EMP does 1 damage/destroys Symmetra turrets.

Those things, plus an Ana nerf/meta change would make her powerful. Anyone who says her gun sucks need to git gud, honestly.

(Also Tac Visor should be canceled by any hack/stun the way Whole Hog is. Will never happen, but I can dream.)

Wait, an active whole hog can be cancelled with a hack?
You'd think the tactical visor would be something that could actually be 'realistically' hacked. Isn't whole hog just roadhog loading a bunch of collected scrap from his backpack into his gun?

Wait, an active whole hog can be cancelled with a hack?
You'd think the tactical visor would be something that could actually be 'realistically' hacked. Isn't whole hog just roadhog loading a bunch of collected scrap from his backpack into his gun?
Whole Hog can be cancelled. So can Barrage, Death Blossom, and Deadeye. EMP wipes out Lucio's ult, too.

But you can't hack Tac Visor or Dragonblade. Or Molten Core or Nanoboost.

Basically any ult that McCree's flashbang would stop can also be hacked.

Apathy

Still makes me laugh when you have 4 tanks on your team and the game says "too many tank characters" "low team damage". Biggest lies in the game.

Top Bottom