• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nah you can further nerf Lucio by taking away speedboost but I don't know how you nerf Rein without making him a different hero altogether. His shield is just so important.

Uh so that's the same thing as deleting them

be like saying tracer would be fine if you took away her blink

I tested Zarya's Graviton Surge on Ilios Well to see if you can dump people into the well with it without Mei Wall.

The lip of the well prevents people from falling in lol.

AngryMoth

I wish they'd implement a card for Symmetra's shield generator. Kind of annoying when I build the ult in 12 seconds and it stays up the whole round but get no recognition haha

I tested Zarya's Graviton Surge on Ilios Well to see if you can dump people into the well with it without Mei Wall.

The lip of the well prevents people from falling in lol.

:(

I've tried it on Nepal : Shrine (?, the indoors one with a pit next to the Point) and people just hover on the edge but not over the pit. Feels like something of a missed opportunity :p

Uh so that's the same thing as deleting them

be like saying tracer would be fine if you took away her blink

I've said for a while that Lucio's Amp it up ability should go away in favor of something else.

Change Amp it Up to "Crossfade" which lets you heal and speedboost at the same time for 6 seconds or something.

This will let the other healers breath. Assuming the Ana grenade change goes through as well.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm not sure how you can say that with a straight face when Soldier exists as is.
Soldier has a decent kit no doubt, but can't really vs crowds of enemies, junkrat can do it with ease. Soldier is decent for 3v3 mode, but terrible for anything else. His ult is hard countered by shields, junkrats ult just walks right through it.

i dont really think that matters when anyone and everyone can just shoot his tire and negate his ultimate completely, unlike Soldier who basically mows down entire teams if he can get a flank. not to mention his terrible, unreliable damage.

Soldier has a decent kit no doubt, but can't really vs crowds of enemies, junkrat can do it with ease. Soldier is decent for 3v3 mode, but terrible for anything else. His ult is hard countered by shields, junkrats ult just walks right through it.
You need to re-evaluate everything you know about Overwatch.

You just showed your whole entire ass, online, for all to see

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

Say what??

Ocho

:)

Magnus

So I've started playing Comp more. Man, it can be intense and fun, but wow are there so many whiners. As soon as the team comp isn't perfect, everyone seems to start spending all their time complaining and blaming every single mistake on the one person who won't play exactly whatever class everyone wants him or her to play. It's like player skill couldn't possibly be part of the issue.

latest

Not being able to pull someone around a paper thing lamppost, when you can still land a headshot on them with your alt-fire doesn't seem right.

I'm more concerned about clearly landing a hook and then having it be broken because someone decided to walk slightly behind a corner despite still being in LOS

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I've started playing Comp more. Man, it can be intense and fun, but wow are there so many whiners. As soon as the team comp isn't perfect, everyone seems to start spending all their time complaining and blaming every single mistake on the one person who won't play exactly whatever class everyone wants him or her to play. It's like player skill couldn't possibly be part of the issue.

If someone on my team complains about junkrat when the game starts, I tend to stick with him. Of course they will then start to blame us losing even though I am carrying the team. The problem with comp is they want to ascribe to comps only that they're comfortable with, and certain characters are out of bounds. You don't NEED a hitscan character, in fact you don't even need more than one tank or healer.

antitrop

Yeah Kephrii's widow sure is something
He hasn't lost a game on his smurf yet. He's been duo'ing with his brother (who hasn't played since S1), went 10-0 in placements for ~3900 and then got Grandmaster in 2 more games.

His smurf is like 100SR below his main in about 15 total games.

pizzacat

Banned
If someone on my team complains about junkrat when the game starts, I tend to stick with him. Of course they will then start to blame us losing even though I am carrying the team. The problem with comp is they want to ascribe to comps only that they're comfortable with, and certain characters are out of bounds. You don't NEED a hitscan character, in fact you don't even need more than one tank or healer.
Ahhh I see what youre doing here

it's far from ruined. better than how it was working before.

It really wasn't that bad before.

Like, the amount of times a Roadhog benefited from crazy hooks cancelled out by the number of times Roadhog got screwed over by unreliable hooks.

And the crazy wasn't even that bad.

This new system seems to remove the benefits, and up the screw overs. Going well beyond nerf, to full on broken.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Ahhh I see what youre doing here
What? I'm just tired of teams picking a scapegoat and pretending that a SINGULAR pick is making the team lose. What if our team decided to run triple tank + soldier, and were losing. No one would blame the soldier, because they are running what is considered a standard comp.

None of this "derp I don't think soldier 76 is working". I have never heard that in the history of playing comp, and I've played enough to get two golden weapons. play widowmaker, play hanzo, play who you can carry with. I'm about to hit diamond after making it my mission to instalock junk, because I know I can put people on my back with him.

LiK

What? I'm just tired of teams picking a scapegoat and pretending that a SINGULAR pick is making the team lose. What if our team decided to run triple tank + soldier, and were losing. No one would blame the soldier, because they are running what is considered a standard comp.

None of this "derp I don't think soldier 76 is working". I have never heard that in the history of playing comp, and I've played enough to get two golden weapons. play widowmaker, play hanzo, play who you can carry with. I'm about to hit diamond after making it my mission to instalock junk, because I know I can put people on my back with him.

I agree with you and I think this video is pretty relevant.

https://youtu.be/jIegOwrVoLs

Blues1990

Man, people need to get a grip over these changes, and focus on the most awesome elements that have been added to the PTR: EQUIPPING A MULTITUDE OF EMOTES, SPRAYS, AND VOICE LINES!

I also love that you can combine different voice lines to hilarious effect ("Mess with the best, & BOOP!", "100% German CATCH PRAISE!", "Remember SAKE!", etc.)

Jellie

Man, people need to get a grip over these changes, and focus on the most awesome elements that have been added to the PTR: EQUIPPING A MULTITUDE OF EMOTES, SPRAYS, AND VOICE LINES!

I also love that you can combine different voice lines to hilarious effect ("Mess with the best, & BOOP!", "100% German CATCH PRAISE!", "Remember SAKE!", etc.)
Oh thanks for reminding me about those. Was about to ask what voice line to use on Reinhardt out of naughty list, crusader online or bring me another
which one to use until the update is live

oh man I didn't even think of interrupting your own voice lines

"You are already SAKE!"

Skii

The only one from the gifs that needs to be fixed is the first Lucio hook. The rest are completely fine and should've always worked like that. How is it fair that Roadhog can peak, cast hook and then go behind cover whilst hook is thrown? That's always been broken. If going behind cover causes you to lose LOS on target, the hook should definitely break.

It really is embarrassing the amount of people defending a mechanic that lets you get free picks every 6 seconds whilst exploiting cover on both yourself and the enemy.

Oh thanks for reminding me about those. Was about to ask what voice line to use on Reinhardt out of naughty list, crusader online or bring me another
which one to use until the update is live
Naughty list obvs

Harder to aim when the controller is slick 😫

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I'm now at rank 59 and I think I've played 3 competitive placement matches. Won one, Lost one, and 1 draw.

What is the point of competitive? I've seen people talk about diamond, platinum, etc, but I'm still not sure what that's about.

Is there anything essential that I need to know before continuing to play competitive? Anything I should be reading? Paying attention to online?

Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Edit: Oh and does "better loot" drop from competitive? What do the rank numbers mean?

LiK

The only one from the gifs that needs to be fixed is the first Lucio hook. The rest are completely fine and should've always worked like that. How is it fair that Roadhog can peak, cast hook and then go behind cover whilst hook is thrown? That's always been broken. If going behind cover causes you to lose LOS on target, the hook should definitely break.

It really is embarrassing the amount of people defending a mechanic that lets you get free picks every 6 seconds whilst exploiting cover on both yourself and the enemy.

You understand me.

Top Bottom