• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Today was a rollercoaster day. Got 3 new career bests....then lost 3 Comp matches in a row. I think my net SR gain for the day is like -50 but oh well :/

Roadhog should not be a hero who is picked often, the same with other heroes whose main purpose is to get key picks early in fights. These characters need to have limiting factors to keep them in check and Roadhog even without Ana heals being OP got away with too much. And no, hook still works pretty good while abiding by these new rules, Roadhog mains will just have to position better, and be patient to secure hooks. And if Roadhog drops out of favor, it's because Ana heals can't keep him up anymore. His right-click is one of the best shield destroyers in the game, and his DPS without hook is still very good.
What? What are you even saying here? Roadhog shouldn't be picked often because he gets kills early in matches?

EDIT: And I personally think the LoS restrictions currently in place on PTR are too much, but a system like that doesn't need to be discarded. Blizzard has all the liberties to experiment with this, and make sure he isn't trash once the PTR lifts or even just releasing a patch to fix him straight to the live server.

Then what the crap are we even arguing about at this point?

My whole statement and opinions are simply that Roadhog's hook, as it is on the PTR, will not make it to live. Which you apparently agree with?

Of course, blizzard can do whatever they want on the PTR, no one was ever arguing they didn't.

I seriously have no idea what you're even trying to say anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How is instalocking a character you're good at toxic? No one is gonna yell at the reinhart or ana who instalocked. Junkrat is viable on every map, regardless of attack or defense. Suggesting the junkrat to switch at the beginning of the game is not helpful, it just makes you look selfish.

Junkrat isn't viable on attack. His counters are far stronger than him currently and the only thing he can really do is destroy Rein's shield. In the current meta, Junkrat is actively hurting your team because he's just nonstop feeding Ana ults because he can't do enough to regularly kill tanks with Ana on them.

LiK

That's dubious. If Shadowburn is switching off Genji consistently, that tells me otherwise.

I watched him try Genji again last night a couple times. Did not go well. On the flip side, I've seen him perform better sometimes when he's switched back to Genji against similar comps, but... this isn't the impression I've had.

well, was he being countered? doesn't mean he or the hero is bad.

i assume you're talking about a streamer. i don't watch pros.

starting to get pretty decent at roadhog (just in time amirite) but im not really sure what my goal is with Whole Hog. To kill? To push people back? To shatter Reinhardt's shield? I usually just end up pushing them out of formation which usually works out

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Junkrat isn't viable on attack. His counters are far stronger than him currently and the only thing he can really do is destroy Rein's shield. In the current meta, Junkrat is actively hurting your team because he's just nonstop feeding Ana ults because he can't do enough to regularly kill tanks with Ana on them.

His only real dps counter is pharah, which is generally when I switch if we have an incompetent soldier. On king of the hill junkrat is a force not to be reckoned with. And a lot of teams run rein, which he completely dismantles. Once rein goes down, the rest will fall with him.

antitrop

starting to get pretty decent at roadhog (just in time amirite) but im not really sure what my goal is with Whole Hog. To kill? To push people back? To shatter Reinhardt's shield? I usually just end up pushing them out of formation which usually works out
1) Into a Graviton
2) If you happen to get someone trapped in a corner while out of ammo and don't have time to reload and 1-shot them
3) Break Rein shields

It's really one of the weaker ults in the game. Nano-boosted Whole Hog can be a pretty good way to win a team fight on the objective in KOTH maps, though, since everyone is grouped up.

Blues1990

I use Whole Hog as soft crowd control, by tagging as many targets as possible to cripple their ability to fight back, along with sweeping enemies away from objectives. Roadhog's ultimate doesn't do a lot of damage (not unless if you knock them back into walls or corners), but it's effective at disabling and disrupting an enemy team.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
1) Into a Graviton
2) If you happen to get someone trapped in a corner while out of ammo and don't have time to reload and 1-shot them
3) Break Rein shields

It's really one of the weaker ults in the game. Nano-boosted Whole Hog can be a pretty good way to win a team fight on the objective in KOTH maps, though, since everyone is grouped up.

I'd also add confirming a kill on a high value target. Like you hook zarya, shoot then cancel it into ult to make sure she dies. Doesn't matter that she bubbles since she's so close.

antitrop

I'd also add confirming a kill on a high value target. Like you hook zarya, shoot then cancel it into ult to make sure she dies. Doesn't matter that she bubbles since she's so close.

My absolute favorite thing to do with Whole Hog is to spray it into charging Reins. Never gets old.

I swear the amount of times a tanks fat ass hitbox gets in the way of my Ana sniping is stupid high.

Also feels good when a player on the Enemy team asks to group up with you cause they want good players.

Majine

Banned
This evening was terrible in ranked. Just little shitters who whine, don't care about teamwork and when confronted, back up with their gold medal count.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
PAULINK, you have losing record with Junkrat despite being #151 stats wise. Doesn't that tell you something?
Solo queieng is like flipping a coin. Either you're on the winning team or losing team. No amount of personal skill will change that, regardless of character.

This evening was terrible in ranked. Just little shitters who whine, don't care about teamwork and when confronted, back up with their gold medal count.

I feel like I was in a match with you >_>

Not that I was the one doing the whining but that sounds exactly like what happened in one match.

LiK

No one is on on PC. Oh well. Playing with m/kb kinda sucks for me. Tried out tutorial and it's weird. Been a while.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
With the Ana's AOE bomb nerf, Lucio's AOE healing is even more valuable.

Even less actually i think.

It's not the aoe heal that's nerfed. You still do 100 burst heals. It's the heal buff that's nerfed which synergies really well with Lucio.

I dont mind off picks in competitive comps like a hanzo or something but when the team is Widow, Hanzo, Bastion, dva and 2 supports its time to say something. Like i cant believe i have to type after we fail our 3rd push

"Mayb no 2snipers"

Kurumi

Random: Fucking trash team! I'm the only one that got gold damage.

Me: You weren't even helping the team. You were going off on your own and getting scraped on top of it.

Random: That doesn't matter because I got gold damage. I'm better than all of you.

Me:

btchplz.gif

rulerk1

i hate teleporter trolling but i wonder if there is a place where you can put the teleporter so the last thing my teammates see as they fall is me.....sitting....staring..

They should just scrap the medals.
or at least give us a scoreboard

After yesterday's awfulness I'm 3-0 in solo queue just playing Zen and trying to be a good teammate and making all the calls. I'm not even playing that great but it seems to be working. Even people who aren't talking seem to hear me, and I keep getting card votes at the end so I think they appreciate it.

Back above 3000 at least.

LiK

If it was a KDR the shitposting with randoms would be 5x worse

nothing like that. maybe just give people the numbers like participation kills etc but without the medals. something about using the medals as a performance reason just makes some people more ass towards others.

Nimby

Banned
What? What are you even saying here? Roadhog shouldn't be picked often because he gets kills early in matches?

Then what the crap are we even arguing about at this point?

My whole statement and opinions are simply that Roadhog's hook, as it is on the PTR, will not make it to live. Which you apparently agree with?

Of course, blizzard can do whatever they want on the PTR, no one was ever arguing they didn't.

I seriously have no idea what you're even trying to say anymore.

He can get kills much easier than any other DPS. Once players know a sniper or Roadhog is in play he shouldn't be able to keep getting kills because his whole schtick is to catch out of position players. And now with Ana healing nerfs, he can't sustain the way he did which means you'll have to switch off of him sooner.

And honestly I don't know. I spent the whole last few pages arguing with someone else about the same thing sorta. The idea of hook being limited in this way fine, but there is room to tweak numbers so it feels better. What I spent my time arguing with you is the fact you seemed to think the hook shouldn't be limited in this way at all. At least I thought.

But whatever. I'm done. It's done. It's going into live because Blizzard won't change it. Just accept it and move on. That's sounds brash but really, what can we do?

Sullichin

1) Into a Graviton
3) Break Rein shields

Or use it to push an ulting zen away from his team :(

you are measuring my skill against pros? I'm flattered.
Or I'm pointing out how silly the 'personal skill means nothing' statement was.

But hey you paid for the game, you do you. I only engaged with you at all because I was so shocked that someone would come and say that Junkrat is amazing and Soldier is garbage.

Top Bottom