• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Permanently A

rtnd368.png

Well this was pretty annoying. Lost because they refused to join team chat.

I have a brother with autism so I get it but... please don't queue comp if you don't want to even listen.

So busy with Rein that when I play Pharah again I suddenly do amazing.

Somehow no one knows how to shoot them down. Had an enemy team get their McCree, 76 and Ana just trying to shoot me down and it ain't working since I'm peeking from different corners and using concussive blast to boost myself from corner to corner

Kito

Delete the group option for competitive.

It's pretty much autolose when groups force new (lvl 25-99) players or lower tier players into competitive i.e. noobs who would otherwise not be in a prestige environment. Likewise autolose when the group autolocks healer and pocket their dogshit dps.

It doesn't help that Bronze to Diamond can have 1000 SR disparity. This is just asking for an underdog team who is destined to lose, and in the rare cases you win from busting your ass, you yourself gain peanut SR.

I don't understand why people are entitled to group in competitive. Take that shit to qp unless you have similar SR or exceptional synergy.

*dreams of a pure solo queue*

rtnd368.png

I have a brother with autism so I get it but... please don't queue comp if you don't want to even listen.

idk man, I mean I'm one of the most vocal people out there against people who don't use mics in comp but I feel like you should have let that one go

ISOM

Delete the group option for competitive.

It's pretty much autolose when groups force new (lvl 25-99) players or lower tier players into competitive i.e. noobs who would otherwise not be in a prestige environment. Likewise autolose when the group autolocks healer and pocket their dogshit dps.

It doesn't help that Bronze to Diamond can have 1000 SR disparity. This is just asking for an underdog team who is destined to lose, and in the rare cases you win from busting your ass, you yourself gain peanut SR.

I don't understand why people are entitled to group in competitive. Take that shit to qp unless you have similar SR or exceptional synergy.

*dreams of a pure solo queue*

You realize it's optional right?

Do you ever get those matches that make you question how people got to their rank? In one of my losses today I got put in a match with a team of 5 Diamonds in a 5man group (with me as the filthy Plat casual. Slightly ironically i was the one with the current highest SR)...and I went Lucio.

Tbh since the other team was more normal i figured that as long as i do my job and help Ana heal and keep the team alive, the cordination of a 5man should help alot.

Holy shit was I wrong. They were, without a doubt, the most erratic and dysfunctional premade I have had the displeasure of playing with recently. No cordination, solo rushes in, s76 declared his gold dmg medal as proof of a good game, and their positioning was all over the place.

Also when we changed heroes their picks were really weird (like Winston to Bastion to Hanzo) but maybe thats my inexperience with Oasis. At the end of the match I was just left thinking "How did they ever get Diamond!?"

Skii

That's not very fair.

I'm trying to offer a discussion and you're hand waving my thoughts away as an embarrassment.

I'd like to think I do a pretty decent job of seeing the big picture here, and remain unbaised.

I'd like to think I've participated in enough healthy conversations around here that I could be given the benefit of the doubt when it comes to something like this. You didn't see me over reacting over the Zarya nerf despite her being my most played in Season 2.

But I've offered criticism of the gifs and even admitted that they need to address what happens against Lucio the first time. Sorry if you took it personally. But you also didn't really attempt to explain why the points I made were wrong or unfair to Roadhog?

MrPanic

Just came from the ptr and yeah, looks like I'm done with Roadhog probably. It's not really the nerf that's bothering me, as I seemed to own people just as hard as before (maybe even harder since that followup shot is pretty much a guaranteed kill now). It's really the fact that they took away what made Roadhog the most fun to use. Hooking people in that are just about to escape or pulling an annoying flanker of a ledge are exactly the kinds of clutch hooks that made Roadhog such a joy to play as. Now every time you see someone corner peaking it's like "welp, guess I'll just back off then", really takes fun out of it. The 'yolo' hooks was what made him fun, the regular hooks were just part of the workload. This doesn't feel as much as a nerf, as it does as making him boring. I'll reserve judgement till he hits the main game since the ptr tends to give a warped view on things, but I can't help but feel I'm gonna lose my favorite character soon.

ISOM

Yeah, why would you suggest these 2 guys leave their friend behind? It's a game, dude.

It's not. You get matched up with other groups. That is what he means.

What are you guys talking about? You don't have to group up with anyone. You don't have to click the damn button. Unless you're talking about people joining your group uninvited.

Ocho

What are you guys talking about? You don't have to group up with anyone. You don't have to click the damn button. Unless you're talking about people joining your group uninvited.

How are you not getting this? The game has 6 players on each side. If I solo queue, I still may get matched up with 1-2 groups on my side. He's complaining such groups usually have a guy (or guys) not up to skill.

exYle

I think the D.Va nerf is too overzealous. The only thing she needed was the boot back to her old health pool - 400 armor, 100 health. 60% of her health being HP is going to ruin her.

ISOM

How are you not getting this? The game has 6 players on each side. If I solo queue, I still may get matched up with 1-2 groups on my side. He's complaining such groups usually have a guy (or guys) not up to skill.

Nvm, I thought he was talking about the group up option button after matches. Not groups in general. Yeah that's not going to happen.

Ocho

Nvm, I thought he was talking about the group up option button after matches. Not groups in general. Yeah that's not going to happen.

Yeah, I actually don't agree with him. People should be able to play with their friends if they want.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just came from the ptr and yeah, looks like I'm done with Roadhog probably. It's not really the nerf that's bothering me, as I seemed to own people just as hard as before (maybe even harder since that followup shot is pretty much a guaranteed kill now). It's really the fact that they took away what made Roadhog the most fun to use. Hooking people in that are just about to escape or pulling an annoying flanker of a ledge are exactly the kinds of clutch hooks that made Roadhog such a joy to play as. Now every time you see someone corner peaking it's like "welp, guess I'll just back off then", really takes fun out of it. The 'yolo' hooks was what made him fun, the regular hooks were just part of the workload. This doesn't feel as much as a nerf, as it does as making him boring. I'll reserve judgement till he hits the main game since the ptr tends to give a warped view on things, but I can't help but feel I'm gonna lose my favorite character soon.

Good.

Yolo hooks are the worst.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Like what's the point of Roadhog if he can't even punish peekers anymore.

rtnd368.png

Real talk its people like you who make me laugh at people who complain about not being in team chat.

Me and my friend always have a laugh when people start going "join team chat fa******" because jesus christ what makes people think we'd want to join team chat after that?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Or I'm pointing out how silly the 'personal skill means nothing' statement was.

But hey you paid for the game, you do you. I only engaged with you at all because I was so shocked that someone would come and say that Junkrat is amazing and Soldier is garbage.

I was just pointing out that in a team game, no matter how good one person's individual skill level, you can't carry the whole team. A great healer can't carry bad dps, great dps can win engagements but may not win the overall fight. It's all relative. Skill levels between players can vary greatly but the lower SR could be mechanically better than the other.

Most people don't fully understand junkrats kit, which is why they prefer heroes that "in the meta" over someone who can do a much better job like junkrat or widowmaker.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Got Roadhog's "giving you the hook" trophy while he's still a good character to use.

Doubt the changes will affect the ability to nab that trophy (or achievement if you're on Xbox One or PC) because what are the odds you'll do an ultimate shutdown with it around a corner, but it'll hurt to play as him soon.

exYle

CkVv-q2UoAA5TOw.jpg

Where the hell have you been?

From Overwatch? Or GAF?

I've mostly been playing Overwatch with rl friends for the past month or so, since I've been in my hometown visiting. When I did play by myself, I rarely ever saw gaffers online. I've also been playing other games, clearing dat backlog. I've actually seen you online a quite a few times, but sitting at what I'm guessing is the Overwatch menu or using another app (cause your profile icon doesn't show up in the social menu)

I haven't been posting on GAF much cause I feel the thread is actually moving pretty fast, and I don't really have much to contribute to the meta discussion.

But yeah, I miss playing with you fellas. I'm back to the grind today so I should be online more, if I'm not playing something else.

Top Bottom