• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

From Overwatch? Or GAF?

I've mostly been playing Overwatch with rl friends for the past month or so, since I've been in my hometown visiting. When I did play by myself, I rarely ever saw gaffers online. I've also been playing other games, clearing dat backlog. I've actually seen you online a quite a few times, but sitting at what I'm guessing is the Overwatch menu or using another app (cause your profile icon doesn't show up in the social menu)

I haven't been posting on GAF much cause I feel the thread is actually moving pretty fast, and I don't really have much to contribute to the meta discussion.

But yeah, I miss playing with you fellas. I'm back to the grind today so I should be online more, if I'm not playing something else.
<3

We going to GM bro.

Blues1990

Got Roadhog's "giving you the hook" trophy while he's still a good character to use.

Doubt the changes will affect the ability to nab that trophy (or achievement if you're on Xbox One or PC) because what are the odds you'll do an ultimate shutdown with it around a corner, but it'll hurt to play as him soon.

I'm still trying to get his Ultimate achievement, as it's hard to catch people off guard to send them off the map. :(

By the way, thank you for the great games, Path. It was 3-3, so maybe next time we will have better luck.

Jellie

I'm still trying to get his Ultimate achievement, as it's hard to catch people off guard to send them off the map. :(

By the way, thank you for the great games, Path. It was 3-3, so maybe next time we will have better luck.
Nepal shrine (thin it's shrine?) might be a good place to do it. Fall down the hole that takes you to the small room behind the point and ult them into the abyss.

So how do placements work with decay? I ended season 2 on PS4 at 3000 due to decay but all but 2 of my placement have been 3500-3600. Currently 3W 3L 1D.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nepal shrine (thin it's shrine?) might be a good place to do it. Fall down the hole that takes you to the small room behind the point and ult them into the abyss.

So how do placements work with decay? I ended season 2 on PS4 at 3000 due to decay but all but 2 of my placement have been 3500-3600. Currently 3W 3L 1D.

It doesn't seem to matter much. I decayed and ended at 3k and placed this season at 3200.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe

Yeah, I don't think I'll ever get that, like the trophy for three solo kills with Reaper on one clip. I just can't do it, it's not even luck. The beginning of Watchpoint: Gibraltar (if you can get a special while the payload is in near the base) and Ilios would be the best maps though for that I think.

Best of luck.

Grisby

Had some goof wins for once with Sombra. My QP team pulled together while I was able to explore with Sombra for a bit.

Hacked my own health packs and my emp stuff seemed to go faster. Got to get better about recallin'.
44 eliminations in a match on Oasis as Widowmaker :)
I could probably hit about 5. Her aim is so squirrel as shit for me. I dislike sniping immensely in Overwatch.

LiK

Oh good, solo'd one Comp match and crushed the other team. They ended up leaving in round 3. Back over 3000 just like that.

I guess I should play Lucio again. Did pretty well and never died. Next time buddies, Lucio will be my main for this season.

I feel bad for a teammate. He decided that one guy won't leave so he idled with Zarya's Xmas emote and got kicked right before the final round ended. Lol

It's amazing how bad some people are at DPS. Whats worse is that they don't even get the message they should switch off when they're doing bad

hypernima

Banned
I can't get to platinum on SQ it's just too hard on PS4.
I sometimes get a group of people who knows what they are doing but then I get the no mic people.

People who don't take out Pharahs and refuse to get off DPS.
People who don't mic.
People who group with silvers who have no idea wtf they are doing.
People who ask you to switch to support but don't want to switch off to balance the team when it counts.

LiK

I can't get to platinum on SQ it's just too hard on PS4.
I sometimes get a group of people who knows what they are doing but then I get the no mic people.

People who don't take out Pharahs and refuse to get off DPS.
People who don't mic.
People who group with silvers who have no idea wtf they are doing.
People who ask you to switch to support but don't want to switch off to balance the team when it counts.

I don't mic in Comp. will you still have me?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
I just logged in after a few months to check out the new maps. My fps have taken a massive nose dive. I'm running a gtx 970 4690k. I used to be able to run the game in 4k 60fps pretty consistently. Now it dips down into the 20s. Anyone know what's going on?

edit: not sure if it was native 4k but definitely output 4k res to my tv

I love the people who complain about people who don't get on team chat

Just had a wonderful session.

KdcJfRB.png

I hope no gaffer who asks for mic is like this

finalflame

I love the people who complain about people who don't get on team chat

Just had a wonderful session.

I hope no gaffer who asks for mic is like this

Report, block, and move on? We get it, toxic people suck, but it's not an excuse to never communicate with your team.

Alucrid

Banned
i was a roadhog main but now that the ptr changes are playable i think i'm just going to go main someone else that can pick off people who peek around corners like widowmaker

Celcius

°Temp. member
I miss the winter event already. These normal loot boxes aren't as exciting. I still wanna win Zenyatta's nutcracker skin even though I don't play as him. :(

ISOM

These Symmetra's that use teleporter instead of shield generator in comp

allmy.why

Since the update, I've played with Syms who used Teles instead of shield sometimes and they were appreciated. I think it depends on the situation sometimes.

Nimby

Banned
Teleporter on 1st is honestly better than shield gen IMO. It doesn't seem like it and I thought that you'd never want to use teleporter over shield gen, but I don't think shield gen is all that powerful against a coordinated team. All you need is an ult combo and those shields won't protect anything. Not to mention you are dropping a Sound Barrier or Trancendence when you run Sym on defense usually.

Zakalwe

Banned
First three ranked games:

1. Soldier.
Game one. Immediately went hectic. Our team just scattered from the start and it went downhill from there.

I managed to inspire a bit of team confidence with a couple of killstreaks, we had a great Mei who was killing it with walls, and we won the second round, but eventually we crumbled.

2. Zenyatta
This was fantastic. People listened when I asked them to group up. People seemed to pay attention to my discord calls. Scored a triple kill and some decent killstreaks..

It was a fight though, they were a mess but they were fucking relentless.

3. Zen again.
Rveryone scattered again at the start and ran away from me when I tried to heal them.

Ranked is going to be fun...

ricelord

i hope for rank season 4 blizz dont try to inflate the ranks like that did this season. just about anyone that does bad on my team never hit diamond let alone master but somehow master rank this season.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So every time in Oasis (Arcade weekly brawl) when the jump pad shows up, there's always 1 Symmetry trying their best to do the YouTube vid

Seriously annoying

So I did my 10 comp games for a ranking for the first time got 2742 on PS4.

My understanding is it's all downhill from here?

Not really, in the first games you gain more SR than usual on wins and also lose less SR on defeats. If you have some good games you can climb to diamond easily.

Butane123

Not really, in the first games you gain more SR than usual on wins and also lose less SR on defeats. If you have some good games you can climb to diamond easily.
Thanks. Basically that is what I was wondering is if it was worth my time to try to climb to diamond or not.

AbaFadi

Banned
I made an alt account on ps4 to help my friend in platinum get to diamond. Wow are people toxic in the plat/diamond range. Literally get toxic over reasons that make no sense and are ready to throw in an instant. Games in master/grandmaster on ps4 are so much better

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I shouldn't have to use the group up command

like stop playing single player overwatch. go play doom if you want to play single player.

Top Bottom