• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

no one was complaining about roadhog

YDc42EN.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
seriously tho, they need to buff Junkrat. There's no reason he should remain consistently last in competitive play.

Talka

New to the game.

Every time I'm Roadhog and manage to hook and shoot a DPS, they survive and just back away out of range.

Every time I'm a DPS and Roadhog manages to hook and shoot me, it's a reliable one shot kill.

What am I doing wrong?

New to the game.

Every time I'm Roadhog and manage to hook and shoot a DPS, they survive and just back away out of range.

Every time I'm a DPS and Roadhog manages to hook and shoot me, it's a reliable one shot kill.

What am I doing wrong?

Roadhog has two different kinds of shots. Are you using the right one?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, the short-range shotgun burst.

How much do headshots matter with Roadhog? What about melee strikes?

In general aim for center mass, but you do basically always want to melee right after.

For DPS with instant escapes like genji and tracer you can hold shoot down as they're being hooked to fire the first frame possible to make sure they don't get a chance to perform an action. Someone weird like Ana you actually want to move forward a bit before firing since her hitbox is so skinny. You kinda need to get a feel for everyone in the game as they all get hooked sorta differently.

Through the last week i have been slowly working my way up from dropping from 32XX to 27XX. Im back to around 3104 which is a relief. Matches have been pretty close today as in it could go either way down to the last push.
I just hope i dont go on a huge losing streak again.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
How you guys do to play with other gaffers?

I tried here and on discord, there's never anyone available.

I know that being stuck at gold is harder to find a group, but not even 1 player....

Meccs

Today's games have been an absolute shit show. Like 2-3 minutes waiting for a match and then the biggest stomps in history.

Today's games have been an absolute shit show. Like 2-3 minutes waiting for a match and then the biggest stomps in history.

:( What SR are you?

Could always get one or two gaffers to team up. I find groups bigger than 3 tend to run into really good premade groups...

In general...although you should always aim for as high an accuracy as possible with Ana is there a particular ballpark? Just had a King's Row match where i got 78/77 which is a huge improvement for me.

Won 6 matches, 3 losses and 1 draw. Placed 1905. Blizz plz. We were crushing teams of golds and now I'm stuck in fuckville

I started at 1900 and now I'm at 2650, mostly solo or duo. Not amazing but I'm happy with the progress considering last season I started 2200 and ended 1900. It's possible to move up but there are definitely matches that are over before they start and there's nothing you can do.

Ok. Grouped up with my friend, going for a 4th win and getting every closer to Diamond. Pray4Me.

or boost me

Edit: We defend A on Hanamura really well and got outdone by Ult combos. No damage on B. poor picks by Diamonds...

My winning streak is over, lol. On Attack it seemed like the plan was basically to build up Ults at the gate....but we had no flanker (unless you consider Tracer a flanker but...eh) every time someone charged in, Mei ice walled the rest of us and fuck it.

Won on Route 66. It's back on bois.

Won on Hanamura. Attack took like 3mins.

We're 2-2 on Oasis. My heart. We lost. Symmetra's dps seems so stupidly fucking OP.

BLIZZARD LET ME HAVE DIAMOND ALREADY

Won on Hollywood against a pretty terrible team who attacked with 1 Tank. SO easy. Then tehy started infighting and the push was pretty easy. Weird bug where Hanzo (Defense) made no sfx so his Ultimate was a deadly surprise but we won. SR 2940. SO CLOSE

hesido

Yippie! I didn't think it was going to be possible but I just made it to platinum after starting season around 2150 - I had made to 2430 in no time but then I went back to 2200's and couldn't get past 2300 for so long going up and down inside 2200's and even back to 2100's..

Luckily for me, I got a nice win streak for the last couple of days.

Don't know if they changed the point awards after the last patches but I received around 80 points in my last two matches and now I'm platinum.

Paltheos

Like what's the point of Roadhog if he can't even punish peekers anymore.

I'll just keep repeating myself in this thread: It's super-lame. Hook wasn't a problem before. Most of the time when I got hooked, I understood it was my fault for not being attentive enough. There are only a handful of BS hooks I've encountered, and those had to do with the size of my hurtbox and/or the size of the hook's hitbox. Some small adjustments were called for. Not this. I don't know - Maybe changing the hook's hitbox is something they toyed with but didn't feel satisfied with?

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
That feeling when you play as Mercy and get destroyed trying to run away in the play of the game.

Then both teams vote for your card at the end of the game giving it legendary status; your team because your heals were good...

...and the other team just to rub it in.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'll just keep repeating myself in this thread: It's super-lame. Hook wasn't a problem before. Most of the time when I got hooked, I understood it was my fault for not being attentive enough. There are only a handful of BS hooks I've encountered, and those had to do with the size of my hurtbox and/or the size of the hook's hitbox. Some small adjustments were called for. Not this. I don't know - Maybe changing the hook's hitbox is something they toyed with but didn't feel satisfied with?

They seem to still be tweaking the PTR hook anyway.

I do agree that the hitbox was the biggest issue though. Mainly how vertical it was, changing that or the CD to me seems like a way easier solution compared to all the LoS checks.

rulerk1

i was up on the tower at the entrance at Defense B on Anubis. I was using Dvva and got hooked by Roadhog. He was out of my line of sight but I still got hooked. BS hook or no?

KiraFA37

Control related questions for on PC. Whats the value for "relative aim sensitivity when zoomed" that you guys use? I use 50 and that seems to give me a 1:1 relation to unzoomed sensitivity.

Skii

Control related questions for on PC. Whats the value for "relative aim sensitivity when zoomed" that you guys use? I use 50 and that seems to give me a 1:1 relation to unzoomed sensitivity.

Definitely don't do that. You want to either stay at default (30) or go slightly lower. You need the lower sensitivity so you can hit things more precisely with scope. Hitting Pharah or even your own Genji with scope will be easier with lower sensitivity imo.

44 or 45 it works well for me i can hit pharahs more consistently when swiping towards them.

cyborg009

Banned
another day another game where "junkrat mains" makes us lose the game. We only had to push the payload under the bridge on dorado all we had to do was push the payload under the bridge and we would've won. We had 3:52 minutes to do this. Doesn't help that the healing was ass too.

antitrop

Sorry to tell but they probably decayed. :p
He said it was from binge sessions.

I have the same problem, I never quit when I'm behind. That's why I don't play Poker. :p

Luckily for me, I got a nice win streak for the last couple of days.

Don't know if they changed the point awards after the last patches but I received around 80 points in my last two matches and now I'm platinum.

Streaks cause the system to reevaluate your placement and give you larger gains or losses. +/-80SR per game is about where it caps out, so you hit a pretty good win streak. If the system thinks you're in the right place, it's usually around +/-20SR.

Jellie

38-44 has been calculated to be the best. I think 38 matches your unscoped sensitivity the most.

Kevyt

Overwatch competitive (ranked) gets my heart racing. I start to feel nervous and anxious when I'm queuing, and even when I think about overwatch in general...

Is it just me? I kinda want to take a break from this game and just forget about it for a while.

Chony

Overwatch competitive (ranked) gets my heart racing. I start to feel nervous and anxious when I'm queuing, and even when I think about overwatch in general...

Is it just me? I kinda want to take a break from this game and just forget about it for a while.

I'm like that too. I was that way even worse with Starcraft.

Top Bottom