• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Kysen

GIFee034.gif

Shouldn't have even connected in the first place.
Yep the hook should have missed from the offset.

Skii

GIFee034.gif

It just shows how ridiculously generous the hook hitbox is that that would usually connect and kill someone. But I think that hook does connect because I think it straightens a bit at the end

After hitting a season low 2 days ago and falling below 3000 for the first time I was about ready to give up on my season goals and come back once the meta changed, the bounce back was real though! Big thanks for the gaf crew for getting me past the finish line, in the end I lost a total of 2 games between ~2980 and master so it was one hell of a run. Probably gonna go back to chilling with occasional casual arcade play now.

Wimps

After hitting a season low 2 days ago and falling below 3000 for the first time I was about ready to give up on my season goals and come back once the meta changed, the bounce back was real though! Big thanks for the gaf crew for getting me past the finish line, in the end I lost a total of 2 games between ~2980 and master so it was one hell of a run. Probably gonna go back to chilling with occasional casual arcade play now.
I feel your pain dude. Grats!

Dropped a ton with the new meta but bouncing back as well.

Congrats! Nice to see someone get those rebounds. Is there Overwatch Gaf clan on ps4? Wish there was on PC....dont trust solo queue anymore /

Probably the most fun I've had in a gaf group yet.

Congrats man, glad we got you there.

Kito

Does require positioning. I've thrown some ulting zens off the map with a winston ult which was pretty fun.

It does not require good or high level positioning. An invincible Zen who can move however and wherever he likes, since he is INVINCIBLE and can move into Widow's line of sight for example, doesn't have to move in an expert way to avoid env kills from Winston and others.

An effective Mercy is an extremely rare sight. I see 30 good Lucios for every good Mercy. The toggle between heal and damage alone make her the most difficult support to play well. And a good rez requires the most game sense out of any ultimate, hence silver borders tend to play Mercy.

Yeah, if you're play her to relax, you're doing it very wrong. Easily one of the most stressful characters to play as effectively. It's not only knowing when to heal or boost but who to heal or boost at the best time. Which sounds obvious but it's a lot of factors to take into account. Add in the unrelenting hatred the enemy team has for you specifically, and it can turn into a shit-show pretty fast. What really boosted my stats in comp though was nailing down her mobility and knowing when I need to pull out my own gun and join the fight. You can catch a surprising amount of people off guard with her firearm.

I think I'm doing something wrong with Lucio though. Somehow I have almost a 70% winrate in QM, but I'm sitting around 30 in comp. Maybe I just chose him when I know we're screwed haha.

Owzers

I take a food break and you hit master...surely a coincidence. Grats!

HiiiLife

That hook gif lol

At the very end of el dorado a hog managed to hook me through the upper glass window that overlooks the payload entrance. Like it went directly through the glass. Fuck road hog.

Kevyt

Okay so I played the placement matches on my smurf account, 9 games won, 1 tied. I got placed at 2551...

Not bad, but I'm wondering how much that tied game brought me down.

AbaFadi

Banned
Okay so I played the placement matches on my smurf account, 9 games won, 1 tied. I got placed at 2551...

Not bad, but I'm wondering how much that tied game brought me down.

On PC I went 9-1 in my placements and got placed at 3044. No idea how any of it is decided

Kevyt

On PC I went 9-1 in my placements and got placed at 3044. No idea how any of it is decided

Just based on your average stats. Wins/losses during placements don't matter.

I played mostly Ana out of necessity, but I also did decent with Dva and Soldier on the three matches I played them.

I am wondering how playing DPS would have impacted my rank, I probably would have gotten a higher rank.

Syf

Banned
Is there a Gaf "clan" for Overwatch/Blizz games on PC?
Strange that clan support still isn't in the game. Some of their other games have it and for a popular multiplayer-only game like this, you'd think it would be a priority. I know I'd come back for some proper clan support.

Complistic

I played mostly Ana out of necessity, but I also did decent with Dva and Soldier on the three matches I played them.

I am wondering how playing DPS would have impacted my rank, I probably would have gotten a higher rank.

Pretty sure it's mostly decided by your MMR. The 10 placement matches are just in case you haven't been playing lately to get a more accurate MMR score. My guess anyway.

I take a food break and you hit master...surely a coincidence. Grats!

Your Rein would have fit right into our comp a lot of the time, the times I had to try to fill in with him were.. subpar. Shame the game won't let me help get you guys back into diamond but I'm sure it won't take ye too long!

Your Rein would have fit right into our comp a lot of the time, the times I had to try to fill in with him were.. subpar. Shame the game won't let me help get you guys back into diamond but I'm sure it won't take ye too long!
Yea Owzers Rein would've fit in great. Especially if it let you play Pharah more often.

MrPanic

but that wasnt on her in the first place

look at where the hook autocorrects

unless its a magnet i dont see anything wrong here

The joke here is that the hook disconnected because the game thought it lost line of sight because of that little strut at the end of the stairs, not because the game thought it missed.

Talka

I can't tell if I'm bad at this game or if I've just had an incredibly unlucky streak of bad teammates since I've started playing.

It's probably me.

But sometimes I think it might be my teammates who are bad... like when they don't rush the objective in objective-critical moments. Like when the objective is 2m away in overtime and all surviving teammates hang back to snipe and lose us the game. That happens almost every other round.

So maybe it's my teammates who are bad. Who knows.

(It's probably me who's bad.)

Plesiades

Strange that clan support still isn't in the game. Some of their other games have it and for a popular multiplayer-only game like this, you'd think it would be a priority. I know I'd come back for some proper clan support.

They should do something like the Titanfall 2 Networks.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
What's the current meta? Been out of the game for a few months. Guess it's Lucio + 1, D.Va + 1, Soldier +1?

xaosslug

While i don't necessarily disagree, the nature of hook does necessitate a bigger hitbox. Same with all projectiles.

it's kind of hilarious to me that peeps expect Roadhog's hook to be spot on target. I mean if we're gonna be that punishing w/ the hook let's shorten it's cooldown and increase his movement speed while we're at it. xD

antitrop

What's the current meta? Been out of the game for a few months. Guess it's Lucio + 1, D.Va + 1, Soldier +1?

Something along the lines of Lucio/Ana/Soldier/Roadhog/Rein/D.Va.

Ana, Roadhog, and D.Va are all getting nerfed soon, so it's up in the air.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Is there a Gaf "clan" for Overwatch/Blizz games on PC?

I'm curious too, I'd love to join in with some folks. Going solo is always a crap shoot.

I'm almost giving up on trying to play with gaffers, never got a game asking here or on the discord group (
in a way the destiny community was better for us solo players
)

Hey guys, if you want to play some games just add me (I'm on NA). I'm currently low gold, if we can group up just hit me.

My ID is Yurikerr#1356

The Roadhog hook is absolutely insane. For all intents and purposes its a 1 hit kill against most non-tank characters. I played on oasis yesterday and as I jump down that railed off "blue room" in the university area he just throws a hook over the railing and pulls me back up through the floor. Between some of my buddies its pretty fun to see what limits the Roadhog hook has, as its become a contention of our ire recently. Does anyone know how the targeting works? Like if he throws it into a group of people is there a priority for who he aims at, or is it just random? I've been hooked straight through the middle of D.va and Reinhardt many times over and I'm baffled as to why. His hook ignores all laws and physics known to man...

I've been hooked straight through the middle of D.va and Reinhardt many times over and I'm baffled as to why. His hook ignores all laws and physics known to man...

It auto targets supports. Even of they're already dead, the hook will go to the spawn point and wait for them to revive.

xaosslug

why does Oasis have 3 different spawns, but all the other KotH maps have the same carrier? >__>

It auto targets supports. Even of they're already dead, the hook will go to the spawn point and wait for them to revive.

literally what it feels like playing Zen when there's a Hog on the enemy team.

ISOM

GIFee034.gif

I can't tell you how much times I got hooked by an obviously missed hooked that autolocked on to me after missing. Nerf Roadhog to hell, my anger won't be satiated otherwise

Skii

It is interesting that 90% of opinions about Roadhog aren't interested in keeping him a balanced, viable hero.

Everyone just says "fuck this hero, let him die".

Skyline said it in his most recent video that hook 2.0 is the only way they can start to buff Roadhog. With the old hook, you could never argue the case that Roadhog would need a buff whatever the future meta is. I think that's a really interesting way to look at it. You have to nerf him before you can buff him because he's been broken for a very long time.

Top Bottom