• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

antitrop

I'm like that too. I was that way even worse with Starcraft.

Yeah, I've never been as nervous about Overwatch competitive as I was about StarCraft.

I think it was because StarCraft took so much more effort to play. I would get fatigued by StarCraft ladder very quickly, but I can binge game Overwatch no problem.

"Guys, we have time. Group up"

*4 people proceed to run in while 2 run from spawn*

We should have won but a Soldier didn't pull back and died when everyone else was halfway...

Jacqli

Overwatch competitive (ranked) gets my heart racing. I start to feel nervous and anxious when I'm queuing, and even when I think about overwatch in general...

Is it just me? I kinda want to take a break from this game and just forget about it for a while.
I am in the same boat, I only did a placement match this season (which went pretty well and smooth tbh), but I do not enjoy it as much as quick play. I always think that I would probably need a complete team so I can feel more comfortable and confident.

I am currently taking a break from the game because they have nerfed or are going to nerf my most played characters. I am a bit tired of this situation so I will come back when the fixes are more stable.

Yeah, I've never been as nervous about Overwatch competitive as I was about StarCraft.

I think it was because StarCraft took so much more effort to play. I would get fatigued by StarCraft ladder very quickly, but I can binge game Overwatch no problem.

yeah last night I was playing OW but I was exhausted so I just played mercy lol

didn't even have to aim, with her beam being set to toggle i basically could have fallen asleep playing her and been fine

antitrop

yeah last night I was playing OW but I was exhausted so I just played mercy lol
Ya, that's something I've noticed about a lot of Silver border accounts: They have aloooooooooooooooooooot of hours played on Mercy. Easiest character to play.

I don't do beam toggle, though, it's too easy to make mistakes with that.

LAM09

Blizzard need to keep stacks together. Can't be putting up with me and a 5 stack that all die at once with no communication.

Zekes!

another day another game where "junkrat mains" makes us lose the game. We only had to push the payload under the bridge on dorado all we had to do was push the payload under the bridge and we would've won. We had 3:52 minutes to do this. Doesn't help that the healing was ass too.

I keep playing games where people keep picking Junkrat when we could use another tank or healer, or any other role besides Junkrat, and then never switching

it's made Junkrat into my new "fucking Hanzo's"

Ya, that's something I've noticed about a lot of Silver border accounts: They have aloooooooooooooooooooot of hours played on Mercy. Easiest character to play.

I don't do beam toggle, though, it's too easy to make mistakes with that.

What's the issue with beam toggle?

hypernima

Banned
HAHA, same. Somethings I get in with people who seem to know what they are doing, but typically I think to myself "is this your first day playing???"
If you guys ever want to play on PS4 lmk.

I had a D.Va specifically targeting my symmetra on oasis. No one was taking her out and she was attacking me because I knew what I was doing. Next game I was against her again. Same thing. Soldier can't really take D.Va out close range, and the Mei on our team isn't doing shit to target her. I ask him to get off Mei, he had no mic, it was by luck that on the last round he got off and I could do something about it, but by then I just said fuck it and started walling spawn.

I'll probably go to hell for that but we were going to lose anyways.

oh sweet I get to post my OC

ZLR1zup.png

xaosslug

Probably an exaggeration borne out of frustration but solo queue feels fucking unplayable on PS4. Nobody seems to know what they're doing. Getting steamrolled pretty much every game now.

on PS4 as well, and it does seem like an uphill battle most of the time. I pretty much go into every game praying my team mates can get it together better than our opponent.

Kito

An effective Mercy is an extremely rare sight. I see 30 good Lucios for every good Mercy. The toggle between heal and damage alone make her the most difficult support to play well. And a good rez requires the most game sense out of any ultimate, hence silver borders tend to play Mercy.

Jblanks

Overwatch competitive (ranked) gets my heart racing. I start to feel nervous and anxious when I'm queuing, and even when I think about overwatch in general...

Is it just me? I kinda want to take a break from this game and just forget about it for a while.

No I was definitely like that when I was leveling up from high gold to master, but now that I've hit master I don't feel the same emotions. Feels like I achieved my goal and there's a lot less stress and anxiety to deal with. Now I just play a couple ranked games a day and whatever happens, happens.

Meccs

I wish I could queue for only the game mode where you have one point in the middle. I'm having the worst experience on payload maps. And frankly, I didn't like payload in TF2 either. There is no way to do that in QP at least?

I wish I could queue for only the game mode where you have one point in the middle. I'm having the worst experience on payload maps. And frankly, I didn't like payload in TF2 either. There is no way to do that in QP at least?

no it's weird

maybe they're scared no one will ever play 2cp maps ever again

ohkay

So I'm wondering if there was less talk about the hook before because of how prevalent Zarya was, since her bubble could save someone that got hooked

antitrop

An effective Mercy is an extremely rare sight. I see 30 good Lucios for every good Mercy. The toggle between heal and damage alone make her the most difficult support to play well. And a good rez requires the most game sense out of any ultimate, hence silver borders tend to play Mercy.

I disagree with just about all of that. I think Ana is more difficult to play well, and I think Zen's ult requires better game sense than Rez (especially in cases where the enemy team doesn't have a Zarya for the more obvious Graviton counter).

It's much easier to rez your team after they're already dead than it is to predict the imminent death of your team for Transcendence. Rez is a response to something that's already happened, where Transcendence is a countermeasure for something that hasn't even happened yet.

xaosslug

If you guys ever want to play on PS4 lmk.

I had a D.Va specifically targeting my symmetra on oasis. No one was taking her out and she was attacking me because I knew what I was doing. Next game I was against her again. Same thing. Soldier can't really take D.Va out close range, and the Mei on our team isn't doing shit to target her. I ask him to get off Mei, he had no mic, it was by luck that on the last round he got off and I could do something about it, but by then I just said fuck it and started walling spawn.

I'll probably go to hell for that but we were going to lose anyways.

XOf2IrW.gif

Torokil

Lol the intro where it shows the players tags, rankings, and avatar always make me nervous for some reason. Once the character select screen shows up its all good though.

Kito

I think Zen's ult requires better game sense than Rez (especially in cases where the enemy team doesn't have a Zarya for the more obvious Graviton counter).

Transcendence just requires you hear Genji ult or similar, or see multiple low health allies, press Q wherever you are, and you are invincible to heal everyone. It requires no masterful positioning or execution. It's the most boring, lazy ultimate in the game and I say this is as a Zen main lol.

Meccs

no it's weird

maybe they're scared no one will ever play 2cp maps ever again
Oh wow, I totally forgot about the 2cp maps. I haven't played any of them over the last 2 days. That's weird. I would only queue for 1cp maps too though. That is the one mode I really like. Or any other multiple cp mode that would make the cp's neutral and everyone is attacking.

Transcendence just requires you hear Genji ult or similar, or see multiple low health allies, press Q wherever you are, and you are invincible to heal everyone. It requires no masterful positioning or execution. It's the most boring, lazy ultimate in the game and I say this is as a Zen main lol.

you're not invincible to getting hooked tho

Jellie

Does require positioning. I've thrown some ulting zens off the map with a winston ult which was pretty fun.

Today was one for the history books. Went about 1-10 in groups and dropped below 3000 for the first time since hitting diamond in season 2. I know I said I don't care about ranj anymore, but below 3000 is a pride thing.

Figured I'd do well in solo queue. Won one game. Then on Numbani we had a great offense up to the second point then we got absolutely wrecked from that point. I've never seen anything like it. They were spawn camping us on the streets. We never got the payload another inch. I have no clue what was going wrong. It was infuriating.

Then our Soldier called IM_GAY_BRUH switched to Junkrat, and left at the end of the round. Perfect cap on this day.

I need a new game for awhile. But I feel like Overwatch will still have its hooks in me.
Well today made up for that. Our Gaf group absolutely dominated losing only one game all day. Congrats to Biscuit for hitting master.

I think I'll just buy golden nuts and play Zenyatta all the time. He's super fun, viable, no immediate danger of a nerf or buff, and the world could always use more supports.

He's also one of the few characters where I feel like I can follow what is happening in a match in this weird meta.
hzu0ksD.png

It worked.

FUCK QUITTERS.

Seriously. On Volskaya with a pretty weird team. It was 2-2 so we go again...we get to 3-2, then defend. After about 30 secs of their 1min our Rein says "Fuck you guys" (for no reason) and ragequits. Blizz message pops up saying if you leave within next X it will be treated as a quit and you will be penalised. That's such fucking bullshit. Would got to 2985+ (but not 3000, it was gonna be a first win)....we defended B for a minute or two of overtime, even with 5 people but.... Ahhhh jesus. Losing two matches in a row at the mercy of people who purposely tank matches - and snatch a Diamond.

tldr: Fuck quitters and Blizzard for their inactivity (and silence) on how bullshit the punishment is for people who remain.

Edit: Also is it me or are there surprisingly racist/toxic people on OW at times? Like someone playing LUcio and using racial slurs etc instead of his name.

cyborg009

Banned
Don't disparage us because you got someone who sucks. I can almost guarantee you I'm a better Junkrat than anyone you're gonna play with.

Drop them overbuff stats.

I keep playing games where people keep picking Junkrat when we could use another tank or healer, or any other role besides Junkrat, and then never switching

it's made Junkrat into my new "fucking Hanzo's"

Then the classic line "I have gold in X"

giphy.gif

When people on my friends list are Bronze Star Level 27 after 40 hours and I'm 72 no star after 70 hours, what's causing the huge difference? Is it that I play comp and they basically only QP? Is it that I'm human garbage? I need answers.

Kysen

The toggle between heal and damage alone make her the most difficult support to play well. And a good rez requires the most game sense out of any ultimate, hence silver borders tend to play Mercy.
You can't be serious. Her skill cap is basically figuring out how to survive vs the enemy teams' flankers.

When people on my friends list are Bronze Star Level 27 after 40 hours and I'm 72 no star after 70 hours, what's causing the huge difference? Is it that I play comp and they basically only QP? Is it that I'm human garbage? I need answers.

grouping up gives a 20% xp boost and arcade stats aren't tracked either

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That makes sense. I have a person on my list who plays mostly Arcade modes in a group, so that is a good explanation.

AFAIK there's no way to see time played in arcade either, so they might be playing there a lot. The career profile defaults to quick play stats but has separate time played tracking for each comp season and vs. AI.

Top Bottom