• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

TheExodu5

Banned
I play such a horrible mercy. My best supports are Ana and Lucio by far. Sometimes I'll get on a roll with Zen but orb of discord is really hard to see with red/green colorblindness, which limits his usefulness for me.

I'd really like to start maining McCree. He's kind of useless for me when the enemy team pushes as a team behind Rein (especially since DPS is usually lacking on Rein's shield), but when I get on a roll with him I get on a roll. Headshots are starting to feel pretty good with him now that I'm getting more comfortable with the hitboxes. I do feel that servers are pretty inconsistent though in their registry...is this possible? In one game I can be connecting headshots all the time, and another I can't even seem to connect body shots with the smaller enemies.

Chance

Should take the time to learn some of the other 3 supports. They are pretty fun too.

I like playing Mercy though. I find it really rewarding to pull off good MGS stuff.

It's very counter-intuitive, but I find I'm way more survivable (and dangerous to the enemy team) on Mercy than Lucio. I'm a middling Ana and my Zen is pretty strong, but when I feel like this team needs a solid support to win, I pull out Mercy and usually do quite well.

Owzers

I like Mercy because of how she can move around the battle and her strong healing power to keep people alive on the verge of death. I need to work on my ult usage though....

Also the outfits. Zeny made a big improvement with the nutcracker skin.

Magwik

Banned
Boy oh boy do I love people who just rage in chat about team picks while doing the exact opposite of whats needed. Complain about counters? Picks Pharrah to fight Pharrah. Complain about Bastion running us over? Switches off Reinhardt to Widowmaker. Complains about the team not grouping up? Is nowhere near the payload when everyone is there. I loathe competitive so much.

I swear each game I get it's putting with people I know are horrible.

I get a Mei main who is absolute garbage (Never threw up a single ice wall), and a horrible genji (Never killed anyone with dragonblade).
Next game the genji is on the team but their other team also had a horrible widow (Missed everything).
Next game I get the horrible widow on the team and then a horrible dva (Stayed at the backline spraying shots at long range)
Next game I get the dva and then the genji from a few games back is on the team
Next game I get the genji again...

Been pulling off 25k+ heals each go and it ain't helping with these people...cause they're never around to be healed. They all just do their own things and get killed

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I get a Mei main who is absolute garbage (Never threw up a single ice wall), and a horrible genji (Never killed anyone with dragonblade).
Next game the genji is on the team but their other team also had a horrible widow (Missed everything).
Next game I get the horrible widow on the team and then a horrible dva (Stayed at the backline spraying shots at long range)

Been pulling off 25k+ heals each go and it ain't helping with these people...cause they're never around to be healed. They all just do their own things and get killed

If you know you're in a session with bad players just wait for awhile for the game to shuffle you to other players.

Grisby

Finally ended my comp run at 5-5. Got gold. Eh.

Most match just consisted of so, so many tanks. Might just back in tomorrow just to try this meta.

Geneijin

"but I have gold damage"
"Maybe that's not enough damage Junkrat because you and Pharah don't want to switch to deal with the enemy Pharah," I suggest.

"Gold damage. I'm helping the deal do damage," they say.

So many games I see lost because we don't deal with an enemy Pharah in Gold. Sad really.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
So many people still can't grasp what's important in this game.

Forget teamwork, it's all about gold elims.
Listen bro, I touched the most things therefore I am the best and you are all useless without me.

ELO hell doesn't exist! Pull yourself up by your digital bootstraps.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Get Numbani Defense and Mei, Torbjorn, Junkrat are instalocked and after seeing this another player goes Bastion. Whole game gets thrown. Only 3 of us tried to cooperate, but the Mei and Torb wouldn't switch. We even got a Widow by the end of that round. This is Diamond rating too.

Some shit is just out of your control.

It's fine if I'm soldier, my shots are invisible so you can't see me failing. If I can't kill them I will just say they're really, really low.
She gets a hit indicator, she knows man! Honestly though my accuracy wasn't too bad today, I had like 70%+ in volskyia but the way it affects movement and visibility is still not something I'm used to. It seems easier to go from feeling invincible to helpless at a moment's notice

She gets a hit indicator, she knows man! Honestly though my accuracy wasn't too bad today, I had like 70%+ in volskyia but the way it affects movement and visibility is still not something I'm used to. It seems easier to go from feeling invincible to helpless at a moment's notice

The thing I dislike the most is when I use my blast to get away and hide behind something but then I have to peak so she can come back to me safely... and by then we are both usually dead. It also affects my concentration, but it's probably due to how rare it happens.

finalflame

Went back to comp after a week hiatus today.

Game 1: Leaver.
Game 2: Leaver.
Game 3: Got raped on Anubis; extremely toxic and annoying 3-stack.
Game 4: Leaver.

Down 150 SR.

Fuck. This. Fucking. Game.

Kaelan

I can't get out of platinum for the life of me. I feel like it's ELO hell. Does anyone have any tips? I mainly play Lucio when we need healers, Dva, Roadhog, or Soldier

Went back to comp after a week hiatus today.

Game 1: Leaver.
Game 2: Leaver.
Game 3: Got raped on Anubis; extremely toxic and annoying 3-stack.
Game 4: Leaver.

Down 150 SR.

Fuck. This. Fucking. Game.

I'm having this same problem. So fucking annoying.

Should take the time to learn some of the other 3 supports. They are pretty fun too.

I like playing Mercy though. I find it really rewarding to pull off good MGS stuff.
I did nothing tonight but play Lucio, and I did quite well.

Zenyatta feels like he takes more practice, but I've been playing him some as well.

Ana is the one that's really hard for me - I miss trying to heal my teammates a lot. -_-

I honestly don't know why Symmetra is Support instead of Defense. Actually, quite a few of the character placings confuse me, because Zarya has no capacity to "tank", and Roadhog feels like he is Offense.

finalflame

I can't get out of platinum for the life of me. I feel like it's ELO hell. Does anyone have any tips? I mainly play Lucio when we need healers, Dva, Roadhog, or Soldier

I'm having this same problem. So fucking annoying.
It's ELO hell. Highly dependent on luck to determine how your night is going to go if you're solo or even duo queueing. Only way to make an impact is play with at least 2 other people who know their shit and have complimentary roles.

Ferga

Almost half my games this week have had DCs on my team and I've been playing quite a shit tonne.

Exactly what happened last season too.

Reach 2980ish, only need one more win for diamond then I get bombarded with tragic losses.

Kaelan

It's ELO hell. Highly dependent on luck to determine how your night is going to go if you're solo or even duo queueing. Only way to make an impact is play with at least 2 other people who know their shit and have complimentary roles.

So i'm pretty much screwed :/ The thing is my friend and I usually group up but we find even though we compliment each other the team never works together. It just sucks. I was really happy to find out I placed in platinum but I may never get out of it. I try so hard but my SR just drops so fast, its discouraging.

finalflame

So i'm pretty much screwed :/ The thing is my friend and I usually group up but we find even though we compliment each other the team never works together. It just sucks. I was really happy to find out I placed in platinum but I may never get out of it. I try so hard but my SR just drops so fast, its discouraging.

I feel your pain dude. I really do. In theory, over a long time and a lot of games, if you play thoughtfully and focus on improving your game, you will get better as a player and it will equalize to the point where you can climb. But it will take a lot of games, a lot of dedication, and a lot of studying the game. You might also make friends with really good players/teams along the way, with whom you can group.

It's a slow burn, and often frustrating.

cyborg009

Banned

This reminds me when I play with Antitrop and we always lose because we both play the support role. It's pretty funny to me.

So I just had a match on Volskaya where the enemy team captured the 2nd/final in overtime. My team then captures the 2nd/final point with 5 minutes left. It's 2-2 and we get a "final chance" to grab a single point to win. From the other sudden death matches I remember the enemy team getting a 1 minute opportunity, even if they finished capturing with no time remaining. Are these new rules or is it just situational and I haven't ran into it before?

Top Bottom