• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Cappa

Banned
Huh, what do we get?

No idea, but I dont ever remember them posting this message

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.

in their PTR patch notes... so it sounds like us console peasants wont be seeing these changes to the emote wheel... yet... or ever? :(

Rizzi

Gold eliminations and objective time as mei. But yes roadhog that hasn't actually done anything, it's me that is causing us to lose. Thank you for loudly showing me the error of my ways.

Rizzi

I really don't understand the point of Sombra. She does fuck all damage, accuracy is shit, can't hack while invisible and has super low hp.
Hell, Mercy's pistol does more damage.

LiK

I really don't understand the point of Sombra. She does fuck all damage, accuracy is shit, can't hack while invisible and has super low hp.
Hell, Mercy's pistol does more damage.

She needs a rework. Needs a buff or change how her kit works. She's just not effective enough. They also should make her faster since she's such a squishy hero.

edit: nvm it seems to work fine!

So when you hold up you get a wheel for 4 sprays

when you hold down on the dpad you get the usual emote wheel, but by pressing RB you can select one of four things from a wheel!

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I hate this game sometimes. Why even go on voice when you know that people will just yell at each other over it? People just yell at each other in almost every game.

When the entire team is spread out everywhere and dying piecemeal, only to rush in again and die again piecemeal, then no one can function, but everyone just blames each other or demands explanations from everyone else. Then you're trying not to die AND explain yourself.

Fuck.

Cappa

Banned
edit: nvm it seems to work fine!

So when you hold up you get a wheel for 4 sprays

when you hold down on the dpad you get the usual emote wheel, but by pressing RB you can select one of four things from a wheel!

Hmmm.... hopefully I am completely wrong about my assumptions and they will implement this on console same time they release for PC.

maouvin

Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.
in their PTR patch notes... so it sounds like us console peasants wont be seeing these changes to the emote wheel... yet... or ever? :(

By that note, every single one of the PTR changes can or can not go over to the consoles version. Don't know how you specifically got worried about the emote wheel over everything else.

I hate this game sometimes. Why even go on voice when you know that people will just yell at each other over it? People just yell at each other in almost every game.

When the entire team is spread out everywhere and dying piecemeal, only to rush in again and die again piecemeal, then no one can function, but everyone just blames each other or demands explanations from everyone else. Then you're trying not to die AND explain yourself.

Fuck.

Yeah...but I also tend to mute people who only go onto Team Chat to make stupidly loud noise rather than do anything informative. I don't get it when people go so toxic it serves no purpose, like it's fine to be "Could Reaper change? Pharah's kicking our ass" but then it starts of with "But I have gold damage" "Well, we're having a shit round so a gold medal is still a gold medal of shit" and then people tend to erupt or just shut up....the games I did in Comp yesterday were nice for Team Chat. Requests for healing, boosts, revives or whatever, notification of a Mercy or a Widowmaker and so on...and even when I went Mercy on Hollywood defense they pointed out i was in a position so the attacking Widowmaker could snipe me from a mile away.

No eruptions of anger etc. It can be bad, but it can be good.

Paltheos

I saw Master level play of Sombra on twitch, taught me a lot on how to play her. I still feel like her gun is major trash.

I've seen Taimou and Seagull both use her, on defense of Anubis B only, incidentally. Both are very active. Taimou tended to prefer camping the high platform on the left (from the offense's perspective - the one Reapers love to camp) past the entrance of the choke to take potshots and then warp back to bottom, large medkit.

Seagull... Seagull played the character at a completely different speed. He was so active it looked like he was moving 2x as fast as any other Sombra player I've ever seen. He was *always* doing *something*, with no downtime between action. I wish I had the link to the vod.

Cappa

Banned
By that note, every single one of the PTR changes can or can not go over to the consoles version. Don't know how you specifically got worried about the emote wheel over everything else.

because its a change that would not be surprising if it did not come to console. The same way that in-game text chat and a few other things are not available on consoles.

Geneijin

Fuck.
They think they can't win a game with a quitter, yet they'll gladly push a 5v6 while wasting ults doing it.

Sometimes man, it's... :lol

They think they can't win a game with a quitter, yet they'll gladly push a 5v6 while wasting ults doing it.

Sometimes man, it's... :lol

One of the worst comp matches I played was as Lucio on Nepal where my team just would not group up.

At one point everyone was dead except for me, so I pulled back and spammed "Group Up." Our Roadhog was the first out of the gate. He proceeded to run right by me as I said Group Up, charged straight up the middle solo-ulting and died immediately.

It was like that for all three points. I think it ended up being a 3-0 slaughter where every round was 100-0. It hurt. I just don't understand what people think they expect to accomplish when you don't work as a team in a team game. You aren't Seagull/Taimou/insert your favorite pro carrier here.

No eruptions of anger etc. It can be bad, but it can be good.

Yeah, I've had a lot of matches where I've just muted voice chat because I'm on tilt or the team isn't actually using team chat.

Like last night, that game I had the draw in. Load in and all the Hanzo is talking about is trying to get laid and the Zarya on our team is a girl who is clearly uncomfortable by the Hanzo's talking.

So I tell them "If we aren't going to use team chat to communicate as a team I'm going to mute it and use chat wheel instead."

"WHO LET THE NERD IN? AM I RIGHT GUYS?"

Muted team chat, played my heart out.

It was like that for all three points. I think it ended up being a 3-0 slaughter where every round was 100-0. It hurt. I just don't understand what people think they expect to accomplish when you don't work as a team in a team game. You aren't Seagull/Taimou/insert your favorite pro carrier here.

If it was Hog, probably Moonmoon. Who is pretty bad at charging in on his own and getting picked off lol.

Owzers

I think we will be a perfect team when Owzers finally learns how to hide as Mercy :D

But seriously, it ruins my mood when we have a 5-6 stack and we don't play as a team.

Right now it seems it's only what doesn't. And we are running out of options lol

Let's just go 3 DPS and start killing people, QP style.

Any day now...

If we split our team of 5, how will we decide which team I'm on?

Barely win when I have gold or silver in damage/kills but have one of the worst games statistically when my team steamrolls. My accuracy dropped 10-12 percent when I started playing "keep the DPS and tanks alive at all times" and denying space by throwing out orbs in space in the back vs playing an aggressive discord damage with heals on just tanks.

Blizzard

Banned
Barely win when I have gold or silver in damage/kills but have one of the worst games statistically when my team steamrolls. My accuracy dropped 10-12 percent when I started playing "keep the DPS and tanks alive at all times" and denying space by throwing out orbs in space in the back vs playing an aggressive discord damage with heals on just tanks.
When I'm getting 4 golds and 40+ elims as a tank, I feel those games are very often losses.

If I have 0-1 golds, odds are good it's a win.

When I'm getting 4 golds and 40+ elims as a tank, I feel those games are very often losses.

If I have 0-1 golds, odds are good it's a win.

I feel like the best stat is probably deaths per minute or oddly enough, kill death ratio for the entire team to get an understanding how games are won (or lost).

Playing winston in quickplay and oasis and find my value is to either protect the support or attack the support or support the push by hitting at another angle. Just wish his shield cool-down is like 2-5 seconds quicker (to like 8-10 seconds).

I hate players that choose Pharah but don't know how to play Pharah. On Oasis the other team has no soldier and no counter to Pharah. We have one on our team but he spends 75% of the time on the ground playing as if he's a Junkrat. If you are Pharah, you need to be in the air 90% of the time. We could have dominated them or forced them to adjust if we had a competent Pharah player. Instead we lose 3-1. I was silver in elims/kills even though I played mercy for 2 rounds.

LiK

With the way things have been going I think you'd end up resenting us for inviting you. But we can try

has it been that bad? aren't you guys all grandmasters now?

Owzers invited me to Comp after you left even tho i wasn't in the mood for it. i was just fucking around in Arcade and we got stomped, lol

has it been that bad? aren't you guys all grandmasters now?

Owzers invited me to Comp after you left even tho i wasn't in the mood for it. i was just fucking around in Arcade and we got stomped, lol
Grandmasters? Definitely not. I'd say our groups are lucky to win 30% of our games.

It's just fun to play with other people, even moreso if you're winning. It doesn't make sense that we all gel with 5 solo queuers better than we gel with eachother who have played together quite a bit at this point. So I still think the issue is people taking roles they aren't comfortable with, but no one wants to speak up.

If you want to have a successful 4-6 stack I think you'd just need to get two supports, 2 tanks, 2 DPS (who can flex) play QP games strictly sticking with those roles until you feel comfortable playing with everyone. And THEN go to comp. But that's too much work for us. Lol

Xzan

So frustrating, I really need to just quit as soon as the losing streak starts.

YUlQHeC.jpg

Other than yesterday, its been one long series of frustrating losses or draws after another since New Year's Eve.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Tried doing some aiming practice yesterday by setting AI bots to headshots only and then just sat on Widowmaker trying to headshot things.

It's hard, plus I'm a lot worse than I thought I was. It is useful though, and I noticed myself slowly getting better.

Any good settings I could try to practice getting bodyshots with Ana? I'd like to practice hitting things like jumping Genjis and floating Pharahs.

LiK

Grandmasters? Definitely not. I'd say our groups are lucky to win 30% of our games.

It's just fun to play with other people, even moreso if you're winning. It doesn't make sense that we all gel with 5 solo queuers better than we gel with eachother who have played together quite a bit at this point. So I still think the issue is people taking roles they aren't comfortable with, but no one wants to speak up.

If you want to have a successful 4-6 stack I think you'd just need to get two supports, 2 tanks, 2 DPS (who can flex) play QP games strictly sticking with those roles until you feel comfortable playing with everyone. And THEN go to comp. But that's too much work for us. Lol

I've expanded my Hero selection quite a bit so we should be better now.

Junk, D.va, Soldier, Lucio, Zen.

Support isn't an issue if everyone else wants to play other heroes. I can rock Lucio and Zen pretty well now.

I'll go back to Pharah if I need to but Soldier and McCree are too dangerous in our tier.

QP is fine with me. Less pressure.

I've expanded my Hero selection quite a bit so we should be better now.

Junk, D.va, Soldier, Lucio, Zen.

Support isn't an issue if everyone else wants to play other heroes. I can rock Lucio and Zen pretty well now.

I'll go back to Pharah if I need to but Soldier and McCree are too dangerous in our tier.

QP is fine with me. Less pressure.
Me and you used to be an awesome duo queue. But Tracer just doesn't work as well anymore. In fact I find most of the 'meta' heroes pretty boring except for the supports. I'm gonna try to be a support main for awhile, mainly Zen and Ana with Lucio if we need it.

Maybe when the meta changes I can use Tracer a bit more and try to get back to how good I used to be with her.

Feel free to join us whenever, just don't expect to win very much.

Ramirez

There isn't a bigger fuck you in gaming than losing 30 points because a teammate quit in a game of 12 randoms. There's no way to cheese that, why is it a thing?

LiK

Me and you used to be an awesome duo queue. But Tracer just doesn't work as well anymore. In fact I find most of the 'meta' heroes pretty boring except for the supports. I'm gonna try to be a support main for awhile, mainly Zen and Ana with Lucio if we need it.

Maybe when the meta changes I can use Tracer a bit more and try to get back to how good I used to be with her.

Feel free to join us whenever, just don't expect to win very much.

No prob, I always enjoy joining you. Just haven't seen you on when I'm on and I haven't played much. Been trying to catch up on my massive backlog. Been in a JRPG kick.

I don't know if you were there but I remember one KOTH comp match with Owzers, Psychoward, Nuno and others where we were a 6 stack and got bodied the first two matches. I was playing Lucio (who I'm comfortable with) but it wasn't working so I switched to D.Va, which basically started a domino effect of our entire stack switching to characters they were more comfortable with and we ended up squeaking a 3-2 win out of that match. It was pretty intense, but we managed to win since everyone was filling roles they were better than okay in.

The GAF spreadsheet kind of died, but it might be beneficial for the next OT to start a new one where people can add what platform they're on and which heroes they're proficient with, and we could start having more coordinated 6-stacks. All I know is I still have way more fun losing with a 6-stack of GAFers than I do winning in a solo queue while tearing my hair out.

Blues1990

"Hey Reinhardt, why not block me with your holo-shield that’s 20 times my size and, no, you’re gonna charge 30 feet away from me, your lifeline, into certain doom? Okay, then."

My friend was placed at 1560. He had 8 wins and two losses. He was gold last season. Pretty sure it's cause he played mostly zen during his placements. The placement algorithm is awful.

I don't know if you were there but I remember one KOTH comp match with Owzers, Psychoward, Nuno and others where we were a 6 stack and got bodied the first two matches. I was playing Lucio (who I'm comfortable with) but it wasn't working so I switched to D.Va, which basically started a domino effect of our entire stack switching to characters they were more comfortable with and we ended up squeaking a 3-2 win out of that match. It was pretty intense, but we managed to win since everyone was filling roles they were better than okay in.

The GAF spreadsheet kind of died, but it might be beneficial for the next OT to start a new one where people can add what platform they're on and which heroes they're proficient with, and we could start having more coordinated 6-stacks. All I know is I still have way more fun losing with a 6-stack of GAFers than I do winning in a solo queue while tearing my hair out.
If that was the game where Owzers went Mercy and it worked, then yea I was there. I think there are almost always adjustments to be made, you aren't going to find a team that is just THAT much better than you at similar rank. It can be hard to adjust, especially on a payload map where you don't have an inbetween round to switch the comp you just have to do it yourself mid game.

I think if we all were more comfortable calling out 'advice' or what we think is and isn't working we'd be better off, but no one wants to be that guy.

My McCree critical accuracy percentage has doubled since last season. Feels good because my regular accuracy has always been great with him, but my criticals were lacking. (especially on smaller targets) I can reliably headshot Tracer now. Gonna chalk it up to the time I've spent in Practice Range with him.

Top Bottom