• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

If that was the game where Owzers went Mercy and it worked, then yea I was there. I think there are almost always adjustments to be made, you aren't going to find a team that is just THAT much better than you at similar rank. It can be hard to adjust, especially on a payload map where you don't have an inbetween round to switch the comp you just have to do it yourself mid game.

I think if we all were more comfortable calling out 'advice' or what we think is and isn't working we'd be better off, but no one wants to be that guy.

Yeah, that's true. For me it depends on who I'm playing as, if I'm Zen I feel like I have to be the shot caller as I'm calling out discords and basically watching the whole battle to keep up with healing. But if I'm playing Tracer or someone I'm never really in a position to know how everyone else is doing, so I don't feel comfortable being the advice guy.

Also it's different in a stack vs solo queueing because it's easier to pinpoint problems and say "hey Hanzo isn't working could you switch please" with a bunch of randoms. But if you're in a 6-stack that's approximate to the meta it's harder to pinpoint what is or isn't working and it's more about being self-aware of when you aren't contributing as well as you should and offering to switch it up.

I dont understand people who just decide to throw because ????

Def
We lose A and our roadhog goes Torb
Bcuz????

Attack
We get to second point on eichenwald making good progress and the same guy who was playing roadhog on attack now switches to widowmaker
Bcuz????

Skii

Def
Bcuz????

Attack
We get to second point on eichenwald making good progress and the same guy who was playing roadhog on attack now switches to widowmaker
Bcuz????

I've had people leave games because we couldn't full hold the first point.

LiK

Def
Bcuz????

Attack
Bcuz????

don't try to figure them out. idiots will be idiots.

Owzers

If that was the game where Owzers went Mercy and it worked, then yea I was there. I think there are almost always adjustments to be made, you aren't going to find a team that is just THAT much better than you at similar rank. It can be hard to adjust, especially on a payload map where you don't have an inbetween round to switch the comp you just have to do it yourself mid game.

I think if we all were more comfortable calling out 'advice' or what we think is and isn't working we'd be better off, but no one wants to be that guy.
I think that was when we were getting beat by triple tank and we came back by going triple tank.

Blues1990

Today, my friend (who started playing Overwatch on the PS4) has learned a support’s deep, dark secret: It’s fun to help teammates!

All this talk about grouping up, if anyone needs an average player to tank the group SR to win matches, feel free to invite me.

Wait a second, that's my niche! No fair!

EDIT:
I think that was when we were getting beat by triple tank and we came back by going triple tank.

I think we were triple tank originally, we just played musical chairs with who was what tank/support until it worked. And then I think they went quad tank but we still beat them, so there's that!

Blues1990

If another Support Hero is added in the near future, I do hope that variety and more nuanced mechanics are incorporated, rather than just healing and buffing/debuffing. (Maybe a Support Hero that focuses on crowd control? How about one that focuses on passives that can disrupt or provide, in addition to zone control?)

They kind of addressed this with Ana & Zarya, both of whom are respectively an Offense/Support & Tank/Support hybrids. Zarya excels at preventing/absorbing damage for her teammates with her barrier abilities, and in turn, increases her own damage output substantially. Ana is capable of healing from any range (while also maintaining a fair level of damage output), & her Sleep Dart is her personal anti-flanker tool.

what? they sound like just friends to me. gal pals!

edit: i hate koth cus i don't like the map designs. payload is my favourite. koth is boring to me because they're too boxy and there's not enough dynamism to them.

The next wave of denial will be that Genji is just giving obligation chocolates like they do in Japan because he didn't get fancy Swiss ones. The dream lives

Genji is just giving obligation chocolates like they do in Japan because he didn't get fancy Swiss ones. The dream lives
this sounds true tho
YDc42EN.gif

ISOM

Maybe people are burned out from Control maps and Oasis doesn't offer anything to differentiate it from the others? I think the map is pretty, and it's cool that it takes place in Iraq.

What? Oasis offers much more verticality than every other KOTH map. Then you have all the places you can duck in and out of that vastly differ from pretty much every map. Like what are people looking at?

Chance

What? Oasis offers much more verticality than every other KOTH map. Then you have all the places you can duck in and out of that vastly differ from pretty much every map. Like what are people looking at?

I love Oasis. Had some of my best Pharah games of all time, there.

King's Row and Dorado definitely seem like the standouts, after that it gets a bit muddled.

1. Dorado
2. King's Row
3. Gibraltar
4. Hollywood
5. Nepal
6. Ligiang
7. Eichenwalde
8. Route 66
9. Illios
10. Numbani
11. Volskaya
12. Hanamura
13. Anubis

I won't rate Oasis yet, but it seems really good so far.

antitrop

An alternate route to choke point A, and keeping the castle door open after you get the second checkpoint, and Eichenwalde become the best map for sure.

I don't know about keeping the castle door open there, it's the same deal as when the door closes after first point cap in Gibraltar.

(Though second point Gibraltar entrance does have high ground that Eichenwalde doesn't...)

It's weird, I think I like playing 2cp maps more than KOTH a lot of time because I really love the asymmetrical design of the game, but when it comes to taking it seriously and it being ranked KOTH is definitely better.

I don't know about keeping the castle door open there, it's the same deal as when the door closes after first point cap in Gibraltar.

That corner can be a fucking pain if you lose one team fight after getting the checkpoint.

Gibraltar has alternate paths and verticality, to make it less annoying.

It's weird, I think I like playing 2cp maps more than KOTH a lot of time because I really love the asymmetrical design of the game, but when it comes to taking it seriously and it being ranked KOTH is definitely better.

same tbh

in qp i'll take 2cp or payload, dont really care

in comp i prefer payload

just don't really like koth at all

Mendrox

Poison support hero would be rad.

Throws poison which splats everywhere into a big pool for a few seconds.
Enemies get damaged and poisoned for 25 damage, teammates get healed.
Has another attack to slow a hero down with a projectile, movement speed slowed down for a few seconds, poison shield which shields 200 damage and deals damage to nearby enemies.

Ultimate is like morbol from Final Fantasy - big poison bomb which explodes after a few seconds. Slows down every enemy which gets hit, poisons for 150 damage, heals teammates for 300. Passive boosted damage to poisoned enemies. Normal click is just little mudballs which can be charged.

antitrop

Poison support hero would be rad.

Throws poison which splats everywhere into a big pool for a few seconds.
Enemies get damaged and poisoned for 25 damage, teammates get healed.
Has another attack to slow a hero down with a projectile, movement speed slowed down for a few seconds, poison shield which shields 200 damage and deals damage to nearby enemies.

Ultimate is like morbol from Final Fantasy - big poison bomb which explodes after a few seconds. Slows down every enemy which gets hit, poisons for 150 damage, heals teammates for 300. Passive boosted damage to poisoned enemies. Normal click is just little mudballs which can be charged.

So you want Teemo in Overwatch

caesar

Banned
King's Row and Dorado definitely seem like the standouts, after that it gets a bit muddled.

1. Dorado
2. King's Row
3. Gibraltar
4. Hollywood
5. Nepal
6. Ligiang
7. Eichenwalde
8. Route 66
9. Illios
10. Numbani
11. Volskaya
12. Hanamura
13. Anubis

I won't rate Oasis yet, but it seems really good so far.

How can you rate Numbani so low?

Top Bottom