• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Pooya

Sombra health pack hacks might be the most unfun game ever implemented in OW

and that's saying something given all the stuns and debuffs in the game

yeah, it's like they're going backwards in design. Disables are just not fun. The fun in Overwatch came from the freedom in movement and actions you could do and their combination with the team, now there is just constant interruptions that are so easy pull off too. Like sleep or hack, really? right click to win? And they're all solo actions, you emp suddenly nothing works, there is no team work needed here. hehe so fun, much skill. The game is just getting worse and worse.

When the game came out, there was only flashbang and that was the most OP thing in the game for while, now look at these. lel.

yeah, it's like they're going backwards in design. Disables are just not fun. The fun in Overwatch came from the freedom in movement and actions you could do and their combination with the team, now there is just constant interruptions that are so easy pull off too. Like sleep or hack, really? right click to win? And they're all solo actions, you emp suddenly nothing works, there is no team work needed here. hehe so fun, much skill. The game is just getting worse and worse.

When the game came out, there was only flashbang and that was the most OP thing in the game for while, now look at these. lel.
What good would Sombra EMPing the enemy team be if she was alone?

DevilDog

Hell, it's about time

XFFBWbV.jpg

Were you just in a game on Volskaya? (genji)

Yeah but I wasn't reffering to that game in particular.

Some widows are really really fucking terrifying.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's turning into WoW stunlock>all.

Titanfall 2's been pretty refreshing not having all that bullshit.

3 v 3 is lame. So easy to get screwed by team comp and people get even angrier when you choose something they don't agree with.

I love how different everybody's opinions are on each of today's updates. I think the 3v3 thing is amazing. 1v1 is fun but incredibly stressful & some combinations are brutal (Bastion v Bastion).

I'm looking forward to Sombra "timing memory" to kick in. I've already had a couple of instances where I tried to recall moments after the timer expired. She has a super interesting kit, but I've only done the 1v1 and 3v3 matches so no health pack hacking for me...

I think the boggling thing about the 3v3 map is that it's completely unnecessary. The art style is so cool and it could've just been another competitive/quickplay map because damn are we sorely needing new maps but no, all that dev time went to a map exclusive to one small mode. And yes I know we're getting an actual new map next month, but we could've had two.

caesar

Banned
Hell, it's about time

Yeah but I wasn't reffering to that game in particular.

Some widows are really really fucking terrifying.

Grats on Masters, always were a good player! Hope to join you next season.

I agree with you about widow, a good widow is incredibly oppressive and you basically can't do anything about it.

It's not that hard, but you should start at a lower difficulty to get the hang of it anyway.
Valla is a fun character to use and she's good for a beginner. Raynor is pretty boring.
For some reason I couldn't choose the difficulty at all. Like all of the AIs were set to Adept and we were absolutely destroyed.

I was using Arthas heh heh...

benzopil

Bought golden gun for Sombra, finally.

I have golden guns for Zarya and McCree, other characters are meh but I should've spent these points someday!

DevilDog

HotS was kind of fun, it wasn't as stale as I though it would be, good maps and lots of bosses to fool around with. I always loved exploring the map in strategy games and clearing out all the surprises.

Grats on Masters, always were a good player! Hope to join you next season.

I agree with you about widow, a good widow is incredibly oppressive and you basically can't do anything about it.

Thanks man, hope you reach it too, and then grandmaster awaits :p

Trey

Re: Soldier 76:

His problem before was that he was just shy of confirming kills too often. If people are complaining about him being too strong, it's because the extra damage is enough to get him over that threshold. But I imagine the real issue is that since the game was out you had a feel for what situations you were safe going toe-to-toe with a Soldier and what situations you weren't, and now this has upended that. Your game sense is all off, you're losing fights you wouldn't have before, ergo Solider feels overpowered.

Usually how it goes. Soldier definitely was a major kill tease.

AbaFadi

Banned
Blizzard should have waited until season 3 to allow Sombra to be played in competitive. I doubt many have a complete understanding of her play style at this point. I'm scared to even play competitive right now since I'll probably have someone instalock her on my team.

ISOM

Blizzard should have waited until season 3 to allow Sombra to be played in competitive. I doubt many have a complete understanding of her play style at this point. I'm scared to even play competitive right now since I'll probably have someone instalock her on my team.

Been playing competitive all day and haven't seen her but once. And that guy changed when I asked I hope you're good with her to play competitive.

antitrop

Holy shiiiiiiit, Soldier shreds now. Good patch for me, I've always been more of a Soldier fan than a McCree fan.

Nanoboosted Tactical Visor seems like a pretty good thing now.

Just for the record, I can confirm that playing on HotS US servers as a player in the European region will unlock the Genji skin on all Overwatch servers.
I was pretty sure that's how it'd go, but it's good to have it 100%.

Also, you can pummel easiest level bots. A match even without those strats someone posted earlier in here earlier takes about 10 minutes on average (we had some down at 7 or 8, and some at 12 or 13 as well, but it seems to be averaging out to 10 overall), so you should be able to get the skin by playing about two and half hours of HotS with a friend.

Top Bottom