• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I just can't understand the reaction to S76 buff. 17 to 20 means you need 10 body shots instead of 12 and 5 headshots instead of 6 to kill a 200hp character. Is THAT big of a deal looking at how fast he fires? I used S76 a lot and I really liked him before, and I just don't understand why people think this is such a drastic change.

I played a bit now, and I just want to say two things:
- Sombra is awesome
- I don't touch the ground anymore as Pharah :D

Don't know if it's just a "practice range" thing, but your rockets still cause the knockback effect. Maybe I misunderstood what they meant on the patch notes.

Widowmaker did not need a buff
She was borderline useless before the last patch so it was kind of needed. Even with good accuracy it was difficult to park yourself and land a charged shot to the head with how speedy and chaotic the game is. This lets her actually be playable without having her delete squishy heroes by shooting their body. Before, there was no reason to really pick her over another hitscan hero.

Anne

I just can't understand the reaction to S76 buff. 17 to 20 means you need 10 body shots instead of 12 and 5 headshots instead of 6 to kill a 200hp character. Is THAT big of a deal looking at how fast he fires? I used S76 a lot and I really liked him before, and I just don't understand why people think this is such a drastic change.

That 3 extra damage turns into 6 extra damage on crit and makes drop off hurt a lot less. It's a massive difference. TTK, less bullets, more damage on modifiers, etc.

Shouta

Welp, they went ahead and put this version of Soldier on live. Y'all about to see some shit.

I told everyone S76 buffs were gonna be good if they stuck.

I played a bit now, and I just want to say two things:
- Sombra is awesome
- I don't touch the ground anymore as Pharah :D

Don't know if it's just a "practice range" thing, but your rockets still cause the knockback effect. Maybe I misunderstood what they meant on the patch notes.

3 more damage per shot is massive for him. A full clip goes from 425 to 500 damage which means his Ult is much more powerful now. His burst fire is now 60-80 damage with body shots or higher if you mix in head shots. He's just a lot more dangerous in general. He can melt tanks pretty very nicely at mid-range now too, lol.

Now that I finally have a chance to play Sombra without a 100% instalock on QP (it's like 95% instalock) I can finally get a feel for her.

So far I like her on defense. Healthpack denial is absurdly powerful in allowing a defending team hold ground

darklin0

Banned
I told everyone S76 buffs were gonna be good if they stuck.

3 more damage per shot is massive for him. A full clip goes from 425 to 500 damage which means his Ult is much more powerful now. His burst fire is now 60-80 damage with body shots or higher if you mix in head shots. He's just a lot more dangerous in general. He can melt tanks pretty very nicely at mid-range now too, lol.

Time to play Soldier all day, every day.

Ramirez

Well this was a nice surprise when I saw the update on FB earlier, 60 mins to go.

Meta is in a complete tossup that I don't dare try competitive for awhile...no clue what works anymore

It ends in a week, who cares?? Just wing it.

Just finished my 15 HoTS game. The games were really quick but damn it felt so boring lol.

Little hint: go to chat box and /join general. Start or join an ai group there.

Auctopus

Ahaha, Soldier feels like a walking Bastion turret at times now.

Edit: I didn't realise people thought he needed a buff? He's so easy to play, such a consistent character and now he tears down enemies. Even Tracer.

DevilDog

You know it take it back, people can aim so well in this game its insane. Every single one of my deaths is like i'm in a mlg montage.

Re: Soldier 76:

His problem before was that he was just shy of confirming kills too often. If people are complaining about him being too strong, it's because the extra damage is enough to get him over that threshold. But I imagine the real issue is that since the game was out you had a feel for what situations you were safe going toe-to-toe with a Soldier and what situations you weren't, and now this has upended that. Your game sense is all off, you're losing fights you wouldn't have before, ergo Solider feels overpowered.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Has anyone been getting tons of "Your rendering device has been lost" errors and then the game crashes since the patches?

I didn't even get these during the PTR.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sombra health pack hacks might be the most unfun game ever implemented in OW

and that's saying something given all the stuns and debuffs in the game

Sombra health pack hacks might be the most unfun game ever implemented in OW

and that's saying something given all the stuns and debuffs in the game

Lol yeah. This definitely shows when trying to get to the last point on Route 66. Not fun at all. Starting to wonder if allowing Sombra to re-hack over opponent Sombra's hacked medkits wouldn't be such a bad idea.

ISOM

Lol yeah. This definitely shows when trying to get to the last point on Route 66. Not fun at all. Starting to wonder if allowing Sombra to re-hack over opponent Sombra's hacked medkits wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Yeah, I think you should be able to rehack medkits or take away that ability. It might be a little too OP as is.

maomaoIYP

This is probably going to be lost in all the new patch excitement, but loss stats have been reinstated, so overbuff has your correct stats once again.

Top Bottom