• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Nazo

1v1 Reinhardt is the best and most hilarious stuff.

I do have to admit. 1v1 Rein is super fun.

Edit: Oh, I think I'm in a 3v3 game with Vault.

Hi Vault!

Edit 2: that was a good game Vault. If that was actually you I was playing against...

mreddie

Sombra is gonna come in handy

Arcade 1 on 1 is balls though because you're paranoid where is everyone else.

I guess Egypt is in December.

Sullichin

Feel like a total Zenyatta pro beating hanzo and tracer in 3 on 3 (more like 3 on 1 amirite)
Then I can't kill the torb for shit because he kept hiding behind his turrets. Should have just waited it out

Yea sombra is crazy. You can do some crazy shit with the teleport to cloak.

I did a few comp games today, and all of them had sombra. The way they all played her was basically the same from what I could see: hack a med pack -> put the teleporter in it -> go invisible and target someone -> teleport as soon as she gets hit. They weren't accomplishing anything really.

I tried to play her a bit but I kinda sucked. Her ult has a lot of potential though.

Man, I played one no limits game and already ran into a team of tryhards in the no limits mode. Geez, that was fast. Why the hell aren't they in QP/Comp?

Uninstalling this game...

Zarya is literally unplayable for me right now.

Max charge I was able to get in one game was 23...

Wtf....

This game is no longer fun and it is broken thanks to Zombra.

That's weird... I had some good-ass matches today as Zarya, totally forgot about the nerf until right now.

R0ckman

When playing McCree I'm noticing some people jump? Lol it makes it easier for me to kill them, was facing this soilder that kept doing it and dying to me over and over.

No_Style

Not sure how I feel about Sombra. Fun to use but soul crushing when you're hit by EMP. It'll take some time to adjust but what are people doing to mitigate the EMP? Just stay away from each other?

Also, the PS4 Pro patch seems to have upped texture and geometry quality? I immediately noticed differences in weapon models and that basketball in the waiting room.

R0ckman

She actually seems like the reverse of the spy, she sucks in random teams and is pretty much nothing but a minor annoyance, can't always kill opponents even if she jumps them. Better off playing Tracer.

I like playing as Sombra but I can only get her in the No Limits arcade and I want to try to unlock her achievements but she's pretty much impossible to nab in quickplay.

Got 26 kills as Sombra my second time playing her, praise be

Her "Augmented" skin is so sick, I'll give her (and the community) a few weeks to see how things pan out and if I'm not blessed via loot box I'll spend the coins

I have been itching to play this patch all day but haven't gotten the chance too, my friend just messaged me now, not to play it because the unbalance is clear as day now and he told me he uninstalled it from his Xbox ........wat?

Things aren't that chaotic are they? =P

So I played one 1v1 match, one 3v3 match, one 6v6 no limits match, a few regular quick play matches, and one comp match, just to test out all the new patch buffs/nerfs. My thoughts after two hours of playing:

-Zarya still feels fine. I didn't feel super OP anymore using her, but anybody who plays Zarya tactically/strategically will probably still do great with her. Playing against her didn't seem too different although she's slightly easier to kill now.
-D.Va feels great. I'm not sure if the extra 100 HP was really needed but I was able to go toe-to-toe with a few people I shouldn't have and still won the matchup, so I'm all for it. Also she has a new voice line after she dies where she says "Hear me baby? Hold together." Which is adorable. (At least I think it's new - I've played a lot of D.Va and never heard it before.)
-76 is crazy good now. Good Soldiers are going to be complained about so hard - he's going to be able to carry more successfully now. Mediocre Soldiers aren't going to be a threat, but anybody with any skill is going to be a nightmare.
-Pharah goes to the moon now and I love it.
-Sombra feels okay, but I didn't really get to test her much. Going to have to wait until people stop instapicking her immediately before I can test her out.
-Torb is sort of useful now. Still a little underpowered on console but I won't roll my eyes as heavily if someone picks him now, especially if they're good at handing out armor.
-Junkrat says "Get ready for a shock!" when he uses his Rip-Tire with the Junkenstein skin now, which I like a lot. I guess they added his line too when they updated Witch Mercy's rez.

-1v1 is fun. It'll probably be the mode I play when I'm cooling down after a rough comp match. Certain matchups are terrifying (Sombra), some are hilarious (D.Va), and some are just bad (Symmetra). My favorite was me bodyshotting my opponent as Widow and him panicking and running right into my mine and dying from poison.

-3v3 is mediocre. Right now it feels like whichever Roadhog gets a pick first wins the match for his team. It could be fun with more map variety but I don't think I'll play it too much over 1v1.

-Comp is probably going to be whichever team has a person that picks Sombra loses for the last week of season 2. Played one match on Lijiang KOTH, where an enemy player played as Bastion for 2 rounds, and when we won both he switched to Sombra for the final round. So -those- players will probably be picking Sombra in comp.

All in all most of the changes seem pretty fair, although I wouldn't be surprised if through Blizzard balancing they change something of Soldier's to make up for how crazy he's going to be in good hands.

AbaFadi

Banned
Blizzard has a really good matchmaking system. Underdogs by about 300 SR and I still lose 25 SR lol.
nmdCkNu.jpg

Pilgrimzero

1v1

2 Bastions sit waiting for the other

2 Torbs sit waiting for the other

2 Symms sit waiting for the other

2 Widows sit waiting for the other

Every match is literally one or both people just sitting and waiting for a chance to be the one to ambush their foe.

Its stupid and boring.

ISOM

1v1

2 Bastions sit waiting for the other

2 Torbs sit waiting for the other

2 Symms sit waiting for the other

2 Widows sit waiting for the other

Every match is literally one or both people just sitting and waiting for a chance to be the one to ambush their foe.

Its stupid and boring.

Yeah 1v1 with every character can be boring and a chore. You should be able to pick the character you want to 1v1 with. For me at least, Tracer, Hanzo, Soldier 76, Widowmaker 1v1s would be fun. The rest not so much.

if you are lucky enough to get sombra, it's fun to quickly deselect and select her again over and over again to see if people can steal her

ISOM

if you are lucky enough to get sombra, it's fun to quickly deselect and select her again over and over again to see if people can steal her

Lol oh man. Don't be an asshole. I had that happen to me earlier today. Dude deselected then reelected then I got sad. :(

Top Bottom