• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

What do you guys think about the usefulness of speed boost in solo queue games? I know it is considered maybe the strongest ability in the pro scene but I have healing on most of the time when I play Lucio because it's much easier to see that I'm having an impact on the game

Speed boost requires communication.

Nothing is more frustrating than your speed randomly doubling up when you're hopping around near an edge and literally just jump to your death because you didn't realize a teammate changed up your momentum.

Redmoon

Given how you probably won't get all the items for all the heroes makes it an easier decision.

Missing out on Season 1 top 500 sprays makes the whole get 100% mindset thrown out of the window.
I know. Just hero specific items is my goal. Global sprays like that don't count to me since I can't get all of them anyway.

I-hate-u

Couple tips for you guys if you want to just steamroll the HotS games. Set it to co-op vs AI on beginner, all push one lane. If you have a Sgt. Hammer and/or Sylvanas in your group it'll be a lot easier too. Sylv can disable defenses and Hammer can siege up and hit structures from range. If you have any AI teammates, ping them with G + left click to have them follow you.

Giving HOTS tips for this silly Genji grind and rockin' a Taichi avatar? I like you already.

Just won my first three 1v1 mystery duel matches, one of them was a 1-4 comeback. This is just too good, and since everyone is trying this it finds matches in like 5 seconds.

I
think I found a new addiction GAF

Couple tips for you guys if you want to just steamroll the HotS games. Set it to co-op vs AI on beginner, all push one lane. If you have a Sgt. Hammer and/or Sylvanas in your group it'll be a lot easier too. Sylv can disable defenses and Hammer can siege up and hit structures from range. If you have any AI teammates, ping them with G + left click to have them follow you.

Awesome, thanks.
Shame the free characters the game gave me were Jaina, a healer and a tank (the dwarf starting with M), so I picked Jaina.

Welp, they went ahead and put this version of Soldier on live. Y'all about to see some shit.

Yeah that's like, the one change I couldn't believe they'd put into live lmao.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think about the usefulness of speed boost in solo queue games? I know it is considered maybe the strongest ability in the pro scene but I have healing on most of the time when I play Lucio because it's much easier to see that I'm having an impact on the game

On uncoordinated teams, use it defensively instead of not using it at all. If you see a dragon coming towards your team or a Ana boosted Reinhardt, those are good moments to use it so that your teammates can get out of there quickly. Same goes for rip tire and Mei's ice wall. I've gotten plenty of 'thank you' messages after doing that because my team didn't die from an ult. Even if they are uncoordinated they should know when it's best to retreat from ults.

ohkay

As long as there's another healer who I know is doing their job, I default to speed aura. From what I've seen, most people know how to play around it, as long as you communicate to them that it's on, and they seem to appreciate it since I get a lot of comments from people that they haven't seen many Lucio's speed boosting properly.

Syf

Banned
Awesome, thanks.
Shame the free characters the game gave me were Jaina, a healer and a tank (the dwarf starting with M), so I picked Jaina.
Yeah you'll need to find someone with those other heroes to get the fastest runs unfortunately. If you write in general chat you can usually find someone.

Wait, did they keep the Zarya laser doing damage if it crosses paths with someone in addition to if you're aiming at them?

If so then Zarya still best girl.

I mean she still is, just gonna be harder for some to play her as well.

D.Va needed a boost, I rarely have problems playing against her.

Torb, Mercy, Widow, Pharah, Mei, these changes seem alright.

Soldier is gonna be fun.

Ana ult nerf means more time to react which is cool.

Lucio still amazing, but yeah you have to tell people when they need to hoof it.

Will enjoy 1V1ng people who claim to be better in pubs lol.

AbaFadi

Banned
So many people are leaving quickplay when the game starts. I'm not sure how much the D.Va buff helps though tbh. She still gets melted really fast. I can definitely feel her ult not charging as fast. On a side note, the game looks slightly different on my ps4 pro. Did they add support for it?

Edit: Guess it did get ps4 pro support.

Fancolors

1v1 needs to have an objective or something to be fought over.

Battlerite has an interesting solution that incentivizes aggression: after some time the middle of the arena will spawn an orb. It has HP, and the team who lands the killing blow gets rewarded with ult charge.

Maybe something similar would make Torb/Bastion/Symmetra a lot less boring experience.

So many people are leaving quickplay when the game starts. I'm not sure how much the D.Va buff helps though tbh. She still gets melted really fast. I can definitely feel her ult not charging as fast. On a side note, the game looks slightly different on my ps4 pro. Did they add support for it?

Yeah it's still pretty easy to focus her down. I did notice that a 1v1 matchup between Reaper and D.Va seems to be in D.Va's favor now though.

I'm sure they just didnt' get their character pick they wanted.

AbaFadi

Banned
So I think overall the D.Va buffs are good for now. If you play smart that extra 100 health makes a difference, and it's a lot easier to 1v1 people now.

Soldier is really strong now, maybe a little too strong. He's going to be more prominent in the meta now. I'm pretty happy about this because I used to play a lot of soldier when the game came out.

I haven't had a chance to check out Zarya but I'm hoping the nerf didn't hit her too hard.

So I linked my Console version of Overwatch to my battlenet. My concern is that since I own the PC version of the game as well I won't get the Oni skin on the console version and it will just default to the PC one. Any way to avoid this?

Anne

tbh I'd rather they just put out a broke ver of Soldier then nerf him down a bit rather than just half ass changes out of fear. Maybe it is balanced, who knows? It worked for McCree :v

Salarians

These new witch Mercy lines make the skin so much better.

Also, my Mercy POTG: healing, running around, getting the last few shots on an enemy McCree right as we take the point

🤔

Crzy1

Zen's ult seems to charge incredibly fast now. Like it's always up. Had two rounds in Hanamura that I was able to use it and then charge it up two additional times all in one fight (as the defenders slowly streamed out and tried to hold the point). It always seemed to be fast, but now it's like it takes even less time to charge rather than more. Anyone else experienced this? Is he building charge off of discord targets being damaged now?

Oh, and Mei's ult is ridiculous now. Pretty much no escape if you're not on the extreme outer edge of it. It sucks that you can't get to 100% ult with a couple of headshots, but it charged way too fast before anyway. Feels more balanced like this, very deadly, but not something that's constantly available, so you need to time it better now.

Liking the changes so far, less ults make battles last a lot longer. The extra play modes are welcome as well.

Top Bottom