• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Dreavus

Mystery heroes is SO GOOD.

Our team is getting steam rolled on dorado defense, then suddenly it decides to give us 3 roadhogs right at the awkward turn before the 2nd point. We were crushing with that for a while, double hook backs on tanks, picking off everyone, it was amazing. Then the other team gets gifted with double Zarya and we can't do shit. Laser beams everywhere. Then an attack torb builds a turret on the cart right and our double symmetra last stand was... ineffective.

Where has this mode been all my life.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Looking forward to the soldier buff because he's the
only hitscan hero where I feel like i can actually contribute with.

Cappa

Banned
OK, so yeah Sombra is cool, I like playing as her, but jesus dropping her in the middle of the competitive season, on console, is a disaster if you´re solo Qing.

Its pretty clear Sombra is good, but very situational, she doesnt work for every single map but shes an automatic lock now and for competitive thats not good. I wont touch comp anymore unless Im in a group...

darklin0

Banned
All the Sombra mains in comp.
dLP0Sak.png
I have not played this much Winston since release.

That's too bad, its a really fun game. Not for everyone though I suppose.

I have played other MOBAs regularly but this one was just not for me.

eek5

but why would playing Arcade make you level up faster? lol unless you get extra XP or something?

I mean he got the box from 1v1, the box from 3v3, then played games and leveled up and got 3 more boxes then 2 from leveling up.

He said he played for an hr and got 7 boxes. He didn't say that playing arcade would get you better xp than other modes. Why are you reading into it so much?

Cappa

Banned
I mean he got the box from 1v1, the box from 3v3, then played games and leveled up and got 3 more boxes then 2 from leveling up.

He said he played for an hr and got 7 boxes. He didn't say that playing arcade would get you better xp than other modes. Why are you reading into it so much?

Lol ok, so does the Arcade rain loot boxes or not?

Really liking Sombra, she adds a nice set of abilities into the mix. Doubt she'll be someone I can play well though so steering well clear of her for now.

Arcade mode is a big deal for me too, new modes and the new map have added a nice freshness to things. 1vs1 felt a bit slow, while 3vs3 has big potential. Having random heroes back is also fun, gained a new appreciation for Mei last night after spawning as her one time. What a nightmare.

iosa

Mystery heroes is SO GOOD.

Our team is getting steam rolled on dorado defense, then suddenly it decides to give us 3 roadhogs right at the awkward turn before the 2nd point. We were crushing with that for a while, double hook backs on tanks, picking off everyone, it was amazing. Then the other team gets gifted with double Zarya and we can't do shit. Laser beams everywhere. Then an attack torb builds a turret on the cart right and our double symmetra last stand was... ineffective.

Where has this mode been all my life.

Yeah I'm so glad it's permanent now. I've been playing it all weekend and I had so much fun especially with hitscan heroes that I don't usually play.

Satch

Banned
pharah feels so strange now

what all did they change, i know she has like more air from her hover but something else felt off too and i cant put my finger on it

darklin0

Banned

what all did they change, i know she has like more air from her hover but something else felt off too and i cant put my finger on it

-Rocket Launcher
Minimum explosion damage has been increased by 13%
Minimum explosion knockback has been decreased to 0%

-Jump Jets
Lift increased by 35%

Man i think Sombra should at least be able to hack back a health pack from an enemy ://

No knockback anymore i believe

Cappa

Banned

More air time, increased damage, and knock back reduced to 0%. Shes very difficult to counter now though the Knockback reduction is not a big deal and Ive still seen her kill people with the knockback, its just not as over exagerrated as before where you could be in the middle of the map and the knockback will knock you off the ledge.

Antiwhippy

It's not the killing ability of knockback that is the problem, it's that the knoclback allows her to knock soldiers and mccrees off aim that grants her some extra survivability. Now they can just keep pressing the trigger.

Cappa

Banned
It's not the killing ability if knockback that is the problem, it's that the knoclback allows her to knock soldiers and mccrees off aim that grants her some extra survivability. Now they can just keep pressing the trigger.
Perhaps that's an issue on PC but on consoles i haven't played with or against anyone using soldier or mccree that has consistently killed Pharah. It's usually Pharah destroying everything so i can only speak from experience. Im on the 3000s so i dont know if in the higher levels its more noticeable what you're saying

Antiwhippy

It's going to be different between both versions for sure, but as a pharah player i would take knockback over extra damage from badly aimed rockets. Also just seems to lower the skill ceiling for her which isn't fun. One of the best feelings playing pharah is aiming the next rocket calculating where the knockback places them.

antitrop

Yeah, that's what I meant. Levelled up twice while getting the 5 bonus boxes, didn't mean to be vague.

Auctopus

Surprised to hear such negativity at 1v1. I think it's a nice break from the team stuff and helps you learn a lot about different characters etc.

Out of all the buffs and nerfs, the only one that disappoints me really is Torbjorn's armor generation. It just oversimplifies the character and gives him even less to do.

Man people really need to respect healers more! I rarely get any love for my healing and I'm a Lucio main in comp.

90% of players I encounter don't even understand how Lucio's healing works so I'm surprised they even noticed you were doing anything.

Syntax

Haven't played as D.Va but kept forgetting her (mech's) health has been buffed when going against one. "Is someone healing her? Am I missing my shots?" She seems to be in a way better place now and I don't feel she's overpowered at all.

At the moment the more effective Sombra's I've run into employ hit-and-run tactics to good effect on healers. Penetrate the back lines, hack, unload. Her damage output doesn't seem on par with Tracer's but her stealth (easier time flanking or getting into position) makes up for it, in my opinion. I'd say she's more utility than offense.

Cappa

Banned
balance changes include console version? or just pc?

both.

Nerfing the minimun knockback means there's still knockback on some form, right?
What's the minimum distance a rocket must land from someone to knock them back?

Only her knockback was nerfed, pretty much everything else was buffed. There is still some knockback form and you pretty much need to hit the target deadon for it to have affect. You can still knock people off ledges, displace people from roofs, payloads etc.

Her aerial mobility is much quicker and better than before. From the Pharah mains that I play with, all of them hate the knockback nerf but all can agree that Pharah is much stronger than before.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think the dva 1v1 might be the stupidest one here.

I've actually played the mode quite a bit today and it's surprisingly fun overall though. 3v3 is also fun, especially since Roadhog is my main man and he seems really powerful there.

Cappa

Banned
I think the dva 1v1 might be the stupidest one here.

I've actually played the mode quite a bit today and it's surprisingly fun overall though. 3v3 is also fun, especially since Roadhog is my main man and he seems really powerful there.

I never played Roadhog until I tried out 3v3 and completely wrecked people lol. Hes really good for that mode.

Yeah that's me. Y'all had some fucking rank going on too, was fun.

Yeah that was fun. Haven't played Overwatch in a few months, but I'm hoping to get back up to the skill level I was at before I stopped playing. The new quick play will definitely help with that

Anne

Yeah that was fun. Haven't played Overwatch in a few months, but I'm hoping to get back up to the skill level I was at before I stopped playing. The new quick play will definitely help with that

Haha yeah. I dunno if you checked but your team had a stack with 2 GMs and 2 Masters going on. Playing around that level is p fun.

Top Bottom