• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

skny

Personally 1v1 mode is really fun , It's also very useful for practising those 1v1 encounters in a normal match. I can see it improving my aim and outplay tactics.

StayDead

One thing I've noticed is how fun it is as Ana to mess up a Sombra who's gone cloaked.

I was on 3v3 yesterday and judged where this Sombra would go with cloak on, through my nade in there and bam, hit her directly. She probably thought I was hacking haha.

maomaoIYP

Finally get to play the new patch. Love the arcade mode, Sombra is fun as shit.
Also, I put to good use those 10000 coins all saved up.

thenexus6

I was really into Overwatch when it first launched then I went off it for months. I've slowly been playing it again, but this latest update is great. Really pulled me back in!

Kysen

The struggle was real, Sombra almost derailed my progress. Mercy/Ana main. Interestingly I hit diamond exactly one month ago.
6dbkiIf.png

Trey

Torb v torb is useless unless you can get the other to agree to a hammer duel, in which case it becomes awesome.

darklin0

Banned
I went 7W/1L in 1v1 today, I am really enjoying it. The only time I lost was because it gave us Sym, Torb, Bastion, Widow. Sad times.

Anne

Man, I feel like recently people just forget how to actually pick heroes. I have seen some of the dumbest locks recently.

Also r/Overwatch is kind of oddball. I've never seen a community so adverse to competitive play.

LiK

Man, just checking the patch and they basically buffed all my most played heroes. Hohoho, can't wait to be back.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Are the load times noticeably shorter now?

My guess that the 10GB patch is not just new content but actually has most of the base game files on a new format.

Anne

I wonder if Blizzard ever intended or even thought that double healer would be the standard way to build a team. I'm leaning on the side that they didn't. Maybe I'll get to ask that one day.

Ramirez

Man, I feel like recently people just forget how to actually pick heroes. I have seen some of the dumbest locks recently.

Also r/Overwatch is kind of oddball. I've never seen a community so adverse to competitive play.

People on PS4 seem to have just stopped caring about composition. No one will pick a healer, people constantly pick stupid stuff like Symm attack or Widow KOTH. I don't even care about my rank anymore, it's pointless when something like that can dock you 30+ points regardless of how well you performed your role.

Anne

People on PS4 seem to have just stopped caring about composition. No one will pick a healer, people constantly pick stupid stuff like Symm attack or Widow KOTH. I don't even care about my rank anymore, it's pointless when something like that can dock you 30+ points regardless of how well you performed your role.

Even in Masters on PC people just instalock whatever the fuck they want, fuck the comp. I try to have a deep hero pool but I can't account for all the shit I see.

Yea, I wasn't a fan of 1v1 yesterday. Symmetra, D.Va, Torb, Winston, Soldier76 are all just miserable to play. McCree and Tracer were the only match ups I had fun with, Rein was kinda cool too. Will only play for the loot box from here on out

3v3 was pretty good though. Roadhog and Soldier are such good picks, seems like anyone with a self heal ability would be the way to go.

I don't think I was ever thoroughly jacked up by Sombra yesterday, either getting killed or hacked by her. Heal pack denials seems like a super useful tool for playing at non pro levels. As with any new character, it'll take some time before we can she how integral she'll be to the meta.

Zarya still feels fine, I was still getting max charge on KotH maps, albeit slightly slower. Still super strong counter for heroes and a huge boon to have on your team.

Got killed quite a bit by Soldier, moreso than normal lol. He seems so strong now on console!

fhqwhgads

The duel modes really need to make it so you can't self heal. 1v1 is campy enough as it is with certain characters and 3v3 is dominated by Solider 76 and Roadhog because of this. It would make it a lot more tense and fun rather than "Oh I'll jsut pick these characters and camp into a corner and heal all the damage"

LAM09

I'm normally Lucio for this exact reason. Some people just take the mick and leave halfway through, if things aren't going their way.

Fonds

Eager to try out Sombra!

I mostly play Zenyatta or Roadhog so this might be a nice change of pace.
Sadly everyone and their grandmothers will be playing Sombra for the next few weeks so I'll have to pass on even thinking about playing her in competitive.

Paltheos

Self-healing is fine (to an extent) for 1v1, and I like Soldier and Roadhog in the mode. The matchups are still even in most regards. What's a problem, and what completely eludes me, is why some heroes obviously bad for the mode aren't banned. Symmetra, Torbjorn, and (I might group in) Bastion have no place in that mode: It's not to either player's advantage to initiate since each hero holds a tremendous defensive advantage. Whenever I get any of them I never leave my spawn now. Why would I?

-Zarya still feels fine. I didn't feel super OP anymore using her, but anybody who plays Zarya tactically/strategically will probably still do great with her. Playing against her didn't seem too different although she's slightly easier to kill now.

-3v3 is mediocre. Right now it feels like whichever Roadhog gets a pick first wins the match for his team. It could be fun with more map variety but I don't think I'll play it too much over 1v1.

Agreed on Zarya. I noticed her nerf immediately, but still managed to have a decent comp game with her. I'll just need to adjust my "known interactions" the same way all players will when facing a buffed Soldier.

And you're right...3v3 is filled with Roadhogs & Soldiers for their self heal. Soldier feels terrific in that mode.

if you are lucky enough to get sombra, it's fun to quickly deselect and select her again over and over again to see if people can steal her

This is awesome.

I'm surprised at how fun 1v1 is.
1v1 duel is fucking stupid.

Ha!

Thanks.

Anyone wants to group up for few games in HOTS? But i honestly never played it before and will probably not be sure what to do. lol

Raider1988#21847

Please add and contact me.

Same here, Palacebrothr (no second "e"). I'll add you and try to figure this thing out.

Top Bottom