• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

AbaFadi

Banned
I was able to play some Zarya in comp last night. I don't think the nerf hit her too hard. I was still able to do 15k+ damage with her on about 50% average energy. I think the biggest nerf to her is the 25% ult increase. Zarya already had one of, if not the longest, ult charge rate, and now it just takes forever to get one graviton surge.

I also played D.Va in comp last night and she's definitely way more effective now (coming from someone who has 120+ hours on D.Va). The movement speed increase while shooting allows you to track enemies who are low on health more effectively, and the extra 100 health helps you escape when you are about to die.

People on PS4 seem to have just stopped caring about composition. No one will pick a healer, people constantly pick stupid stuff like Symm attack or Widow KOTH. I don't even care about my rank anymore, it's pointless when something like that can dock you 30+ points regardless of how well you performed your role.

I played a comp match two nights ago with a friend, and we played on King's Row with a solo and a group of three. The solo instalocked Symmetra on both Attack and Defense, and the group of three instalocked Zenyatta, Lucio, and McCree on Attack and Defense. I thought for sure we were fucked.

Somehow we won.

I'll give you a hint as to how:
I was Mei.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The more i think about the more i feel like emp should wipe out lucio's sound barrier, but those shields should be able to protect the sound barrier'd people from being hacked. Essentially resets things to a neutral state instead of fucking with the ult completely.

I've said this before Sombra launched, and I'll say it again. Something needs to change about the healthpack lock down.

Either she needs to be restricted to 1 health pack on the map, or the duration of the hack needs to be lowered.

As of right now, she's a beast on KotH maps.

Ramirez

I was able to play some Zarya in comp last night. I don't think the nerf hit her too hard. I was still able to do 15k+ damage with her on about 50% average energy. I think the biggest nerf to her is the 25% ult increase. Zarya already had one of, if not the longest, ult charge rate, and now it just takes forever to get one graviton surge.

I also played D.Va in comp last night and she's definitely way more effective now (coming from someone who has 120+ hours on D.Va). The movement speed increase while shooting allows you to track enemies who are low on health more effectively, and the extra 100 health helps you escape when you are about to die.

Yea, Graviton takes forever to charge now, but it's such a game changing ult, I think I'm ok with it.

People on PS4 seem to have just stopped caring about composition. No one will pick a healer, people constantly pick stupid stuff like Symm attack or Widow KOTH. I don't even care about my rank anymore, it's pointless when something like that can dock you 30+ points regardless of how well you performed your role.

Funny thing is that I see this shit happen more often in diamond rank than platinum. Platinum has a lot of Hanzo/Bastion
I like both characters actually
, but they're actually trying because when I see their profiles they actually have a lot of time with them. I climbed around 300SR during the weekend playing with gaffers (2800->3100), and in my first games while soloq on monday/tuesday I had attack Torb in Volskaya and Widow in Gibraltar. I checked both profiles and they didn't have any experience with either, they're basically throwing the game from the beginning. My only luck is that there's normally a quitter on my team, so I can leave early and don't have to endure that shitfest.

What's wrong with instalocking zen, lucio and mccree on attack and defense?

It wouldn't have been bad if the solo didn't lock Symmetra. But we just didn't have any sort of way to hold the point and the two supports focused on healing just the McCree, and were in group chat not team chat so our healers were isolated. I would have much rather had one healer per group in that case just for communication purposes.

Yea, Graviton takes forever to charge now, but it's such a game changing ult, I think I'm ok with it.

I feel like as Zarya now there's even more pressure to use her ult properly and not whiff, because it's important and takes forever to charge.

Funny thing is that I see this shit happen more often in diamond rank than platinum. Platinum has a lot of Hanzo/Bastion
I like both characters actually
, but they're actually trying because when I see their profiles they actually have a lot of time with them. I climbed around 300SR during the weekend playing with gaffers (2800->3100), and in my first games while soloq on monday/tuesday I had attack Torb in Volskaya and Widow in Gibraltar. I checked both profiles and they didn't have any experience with either, they're basically throwing the game from the beginning. My only luck is that there's normally a quitter on my team, so I can leave early and don't have to endure that shitfest.

I wonder if once most people reach Diamond they just stop caring and fuck around. Getting to Master/Grandmaster is a hard climb so once people are comfortably in Diamond range they may just stop taking it seriously. Who knows.

I wonder if once most people reach Diamond they just stop caring and fuck around. Getting to Master/Grandmaster is a hard climb so once people are comfortably in Diamond range they may just stop taking it seriously. Who knows.

Yeah, most likely that. They probably also want to test new characters in a decent team since in QP was basically impossible to do that. I wouldn't mind if they were actually decent characters, but I just refuse to play seriously when I have trolls on my team. I tried to do it before but I just end up getting pissed, so now I throw the game together with them and wait for someone to quit.

Ramirez

I average like 3 PSN messages every time I play this game. Getting rage messages has always been a rare treat in other games, but the OW community is something special.

Cappa

Banned
Yeah, most likely that. They probably also want to test new characters in a decent team since in QP was basically impossible to do that. I wouldn't mind if they were actually decent characters, but I just refuse to play seriously when I have trolls on my team. I tried to do it before but I just end up getting pissed, so now I throw the game together with them and wait for someone to quit.

when do you guys play during the week? I refuse to Solo Q anymore lol Im going to stick to arcade until I actually can play with you guys

Cappa

Banned
I'm scared to go into comp right now. The meta has been thrown out the window so everything you know is basically null and void.

The meta should have been thrown out of comp anyway.... just because the Pros do it doesnt mean its always viable for everyone else but yeah I agree. Hero picks seem to be much much much worse than before thanks to all the Buffs Nerfs and Sombra.

Nottle

I know next to nothing about heroes of the storm, but I want that Genji skin. If anyone wants to team up pm me. I want that skin!

BigDug13

Health pack hacks last through death right? Maybe that's what they need to change that would help. Either that or let opposing Sombra hacks overwrite.

xaosslug

yeah, IDK if peeps are trying to get ready for the Symm rework or if this game is just overrun w/ trolls, but I'm pretty much seeing attack Symm in every match lately - and it's not the same person

Cappa

Banned
yeah, IDK if peeps are trying to get ready for the Symm rework or if this game is just overrun w/ trolls, but I'm pretty much seeing attack Symm in every match lately - and it's not the same person

Or it could be people who have no idea what was buffed and patched and are just trying everyone lol

LiK

I average like 3 PSN messages every time I play this game. Getting rage messages has always been a rare treat in other games, but the OW community is something special.

i changed PSN message permissions to friends only. it's great.

Ranked is unplayable right now with these Sombra shitheads.

I'm so glad QP has one hero limit now. I can play the game the way it was meant to be played and not have to deal with ranked bullshit.

"But Zorro, people are still going to pick joke comps and play like cancer in QP."

Sure, but let's be honest - they were doing that in ranked as well.

Health pack hacks last through death right? Maybe that's what they need to change that would help. Either that or let opposing Sombra hacks overwrite.

I think the best solution is lower the time frame. A minute is just too long. 30 seconds would be better - with the hack cool down it would let a single Sombra only keep two health packs on lock down, and that's only if they never try to hack a person. Seems like the most reasonable way for balancing it.

Ranked is unplayable right now with these Sombra shitheads.

At least everyone is equally bad with her - so if there's a Sombra on the enemy team you'll have an advantage.

Kuro

I'm still waiting for Ana and Mei nerfs. Ana right now has too much fire rate and utility with that sleep and grenade and her nano speaks for itself.

I'm so glad QP has one hero limit now. I can play the game the way it was meant to be played and not have to deal with ranked bullshit.

"But Zorro, people are still going to pick joke comps and play like cancer in QP."

Sure, but let's be honest - they were doing that in ranked as well.

Yep, QP is so nice now. love it!

Cappa

Banned
I'm still waiting for Ana and Mei nerfs. Ana right now has too much fire rate and utility with that sleep and grenade and her nano speaks for itself.

Mei was nerfed.... on top of every heroes Ult taking longer to charge... Mei has an additional 15% cost. Also Ana had her nano boost nerfed as well.

Im assuming you want them nerfed further?

Kuro

Sombra might be the absolute worst solo queue hero ever. She's so dependent on a team with coordination. She actually trumps Winston in that regard.

Cappa

Banned
Not enough in my opinion. Mei's wall should be more breakable and Ana's grenade needs tweaking so it does way less damage.
Mei had to be buffed originally because she wasn't very viable and she's had a nerf. You keep nerfing her more makes her not viable again. She's fine now

Auctopus

A lot of players still don't seem to be able to play around a Bastion who thinks about placement, moving between kills etc. so I think I'm going to play him through placement matches.

I played as Zen last time and despite losing 5/10 and a Draw, I still was placed ~2550. I think I can get a better placement with Bastion. He's decent character to force your way through bad teammates.

The changes to Mercy are nice. That regen delay is REALLY noticeable.

Her best buff however is Witch Mercy now says "My servants never die." like she should have from the start!

Top Bottom