• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Greddleok

I'm so scared to come back after the Sombro introduction.

I feel every game is gonna have one asshole who doesn't know how to play Sombra, but refuses to swap. And QP will be full of multiple Sombras.

Is there a known hard counter to her yet? Seems like Winston to me, but I dunno.

Jacqli

I had a Blue Screen of the Death while I was playing. Now the rest of my team would think that I just disconnected (and we were doing decently). Shit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm so scared to come back after the Sombro introduction.

I feel every game is gonna have one asshole who doesn't know how to play Sombra, but refuses to swap. And QP will be full of multiple Sombras.

Is there a known hard counter to her yet? Seems like Winston to me, but I dunno.

1hl in qp.

Also yeah, probably Winston or mei. Spray type characters that can break los.

Man, this game is a cluster fuck of Sombra stacking at the moment. And before anyone says it, I don't want qp, I want those loot boxes! Guess I'll stick with TF2 until everyone gets it out of their system. I think I've picked Sombra ONCE in the 7 or so games I've had since the update.

Man, this game is a cluster fuck of Sombra stacking at the moment. And before anyone says it, I don't want qp, I want those loot boxes! Guess I'll stick with TF2 until everyone gets it out of their system. I think I've picked Sombra ONCE in the 7 or so games I've had since the update.

Don't play No Limits then?

Did anyone other than Mercy get new voice lines?

Junkenstein says "get ready for a shock" instead of "fire in the hole."
D.Va says "hear me baby, hold together" after coming back from dying.
Reaper has at least one line with Sombra about it being good to work with her again.

LiK

Junkenstein says "get ready for a shock" instead of "fire in the hole."
D.Va says "hear me baby, hold together" after coming back from dying.
Reaper has at least one line with Sombra about it being good to work with her again.

Fucking great line for Junk. Gonna keep using that skin then.

when do you guys play during the week? I refuse to Solo Q anymore lol Im going to stick to arcade until I actually can play with you guys

I saw you online yesterday for a brief moment. On a normal day I usually play around 20:00-22:00 GMT.

i changed PSN message permissions to friends only. it's great.

Same.

UPDATE: 3114.

Lost 50 points due to a disconnection at the beginning of a game.

Yeah, on monday I lost 45 points in a game where I had a quitter. Seems fair.

NimbusD

Getting the hang of sombra, but man, she's horrible if you have a bad team. No point in hacking health packs, hacking people or using your ult because people who don't pay attention won't take advantage of any of it. You don't do enough damage to really carry, you can flank and take out healers or flankers if you have good aim and the other team isn't communicating properly... rr at least distract them and get away and continue to live, but not kill.

Moonkeis

Getting the hang of sombra, but man, she's horrible if you have a bad team. No point in hacking health packs, hacking people or using your ult because people who don't pay attention won't take advantage of any of it. You don't do enough damage to really carry, you can flank and take out healers or flankers if you have good aim and the other team isn't communicating properly... rr at least distract them and get away and continue to live, but not kill.

She is like an annoying fly if the team is bad, popping into the back line and failing to take anyone out, just helping build ult for the healers. I played 2 comp matches last night, the opposing team had Sombras that weren't really helping at all so it was pretty easy for us to win the matches.

Owzers

when do you guys play during the week? I refuse to Solo Q anymore lol Im going to stick to arcade until I actually can play with you guys
I still play at around 7pm est for an hour with my friend and anyone else who wants to play, I outranked my friend by too much for comp so it was quick play last night, I'm glad the hero limit is here.

And despite what anyone might hear, I'm a good soldier 76.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Can someone explain to me exactly how Sombra's ultimate works? It not exactly clear from the player info menu. Is it just an AoE hack?

edit: and what does hacking health packs do?

Can someone explain to me exactly how Sombra's ultimate works? It not exactly clear from the player info menu. Is it just an AoE hack?

Sombra's ultimate is AOE hack, shield destruction, barrier destruction. Any shield hp players have is immediately erased. Any barriers like Reinhardts shield or winstons barrier gets broken.

Hacking healthpacks prevent enemies from using them while increasing their respawn rate

vixlar

Her ult hacks everyone in front of her. If there are some shields (Reindhart, Wilson and I think Zarya) they get destroyed. I'm not sure if it hacks health packs and turrets.

If you hack a health pack, it recharges faster after using it (a benefit for your team) but the enemt team can't use it. It lasts one minute and you can't hack it if it is already hacked.

I still play at around 7pm est for an hour with my friend and anyone else who wants to play, I outranked my friend by too much for comp so it was quick play last night, I'm glad the hero limit is here.

And despite what anyone might hear, I'm a good soldier 76.

Don't believe his lies.

Chance

Sombra's ultimate is AOE hack, shield destruction, barrier destruction. Any shield hp players have is immediately erased. Any barriers like Reinhardts shield or winstons barrier gets broken.

Hacking healthpacks prevent enemies from using them while increasing their respawn rate

If Rein has his shield up when she ults, does it reduce his shield charge to zero?

If so, will having the shield down when she ults prevent it from being reduced to zero?

I know he can't pull it up while hacked due to the ult, but once the hack debuff ends, yeah - I'm curious. Does it cripple Rein via shield charge reduction beyond the hack duration I guess is my question.

xaosslug

seems like every enemy Sombra I encounter is super skilled and stays hacking all health packs they come across, meanwhile the instalock Sombra on my team stays getting killed, doesn't even hack the health packs on our side, and eventually quits leaving us a man down... that Overwatch magic, it's faaaaaantastic. T__T

Sombra's ult hacks everyone within range (silencing enemy abilities/ult (in some cases Sombra's hack will even interrupt an ult, like Roadhog's for example), and breaking all shields). And hacking the health pack speeds up refresh rate for you/teammates for a minute and locks enemies out of using said health pack for a minute as well.

I'm going to apologise right now, but it's time for me to learn Sombra. Not even death will stop me.
1v1

2 Bastions sit waiting for the other

2 Torbs sit waiting for the other

2 Symms sit waiting for the other

2 Widows sit waiting for the other

Every match is literally one or both people just sitting and waiting for a chance to be the one to ambush their foe.

Its stupid and boring.
Turtling is a problem, but the map is small enough that rushing a Torb that's making a turret will be an instant win. I learned this the hard way. And Bastion has a similar problem, in that chipping him down from around a corner gives the non-turret Bastion a decisive advantage (particularly if they decide to run).

Symmetra is a problem, though. It's just a game of who gets hit by a turret first that decides everything.

And Winston / D.va are just kind of boring to use. The initial hit decides everything; there's not even a turret in play.
The changes to Mercy are nice. That regen delay is REALLY noticeable.

Her best buff however is Witch Mercy now says "My servants never die." like she should have from the start!

My only regret in life is not getting the Witch Mercy skin.

antitrop

I noticed a few new voice lines for Witch Mercy, other than just the Ult.

"I'm putting a spell on you" and another one similar to that for damage boosting someone, "I'm on fire, but this witch doesn't burn" for going on fire, and some other ones here and there I can't remember.

Chance

I noticed a few new voice lines for Witch Mercy, other than just the Ult.

"I'm putting a spell on you" and another one similar to that for damage boosting someone, "I'm on fire, but this witch doesn't burn" for going on fire, and some other ones here and there I can't remember.

So good >.<

antitrop

"I'm on fire, but this witch doesn't burn" now ties Zen's "I'm on fire, but an extinguisher is not required" for my favorite voice line.

Filben

I acutally had only quite a few Sombra's the last ranked matches. Maybe for like two rounds? In Quick Play it's a different story and totally acceptable and I try to play her as much as I can since she's so fun to play. I wouldn't dare to pick her in Ranked, though. Playing in Platinum.

Mystery heroes having a bit of a bubble with me today, got stuck facing 4 Zaryas pushing a payload, bloody horrific.

And then attacking point B of Hanamura with a team consisting of Ana, Lucio, Mercy, Mercy, Mercy and Torb. We just wouldn't die but we couldn't gain nay ground, it was hilarious in a way and annoying in another.

i changed PSN message permissions to friends only. it's great.

This is a thing? hmmm, I may hold out to see if I can acquire one more piece of hateful messaging before just using this.

Skii

Competitive wasn't too bad today (2-0) with Rein. I'm getting pretty good with him now. Can land my firestrikes more consistently and I'm better with the earth shatter mind games.

But my team did everything in its power to throw our game on Echenwalde. We hold on the bridge with me playing Ana. It was a fluke really because our Rein was constantly charging without any consideration and just wasn't providing any cover for me and Mercy. So I decide to instalock Rein for attack and then my team decides it's time to go 4 DPS, 1 tank and 1 healer. Every single run was terrible. I'd get a 4 man Earthshatter and no one would follow up. Our penultimate push and everyone uses their ults but we still can't cap. So I type on chat that we need a second healer and somehow the Zen and I both get ults in overtime that allows us to cap the point and then we roll to victory. I just don't get why people don't understand that Rein needs sustained healing because everyone wants to kill him first.

Also played some HOTS with Prelude. I understand why this game isn't popular lol.

IKizzLE

Win streak bonus is so real. Guy in our 4 stack group was on a 6 game win streak and we won our 7th, and he went from 3943 to 4015. I've never seen a SR gain like that b4.

Top Bottom