• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

This new update to the quitting penilisation is absolute bullshit! I got disconnected from battle.net once, next 3 matches I get -75% exp. Then I was playing again same thing it booted me mid game and now it's 10 matches!!! Wtf!?

If the naruto storm games can distinguish between a legitimate disconnect and a rage quit then why the fuck can't blizzard?

maouvin

Anyone on PS4 having trouble finding any matches? Please don't say these new modes have split the playerbase.

I won't say a thing then.

They have some bars that
might
show how populated is the mode atm (and the most populated will have a "most popular" thingy).
Yesterday (PC/LATAM) was a wasteland except for 3v3.

Shouta

I really like Pharah right now despite the S76 buffs. The additional mobility and ability to stay much higher in the air for long periods makes her harder to take down overall especially with dropoff. Well, that's assuming drop-off also considers vertical height anyway. The reduced knockback and larger splash means I have an easier time landing multiple rockets in succession as well.

LiK

I really like Pharah right now despite the S76 buffs. The additional mobility and ability to stay much higher in the air for long periods makes her harder to take down overall especially with dropoff. Well, that's assuming drop-off also considers vertical height anyway. The reduced knockback and larger splash means I have an easier time landing multiple rockets in succession as well.

i never liked the knockback either when playing Pharah. Now you can just keep aiming at them directly instead of constantly adjusting to it.

Okay, so from what I can tell, 1v1 can be divided into groups:

Characters you want to attack with first. Characters you want to attack with second.

The former is pretty simple. You want to get the jump on somebody, so you attack them the first chance you get. This applies to Tracer, Genji, Hanzo, Widow, and the like.

Then you have the latter group. These are usually risky ability characters, or hp regenerative characters.

For instance, as Roadhog you never want to use your hook first, unless you know for certain you can kill with the combo. If someone hooks you and you're at full health, that means you can shoot-hook-shoot and kill them almost guaranteed. Similar with Rein; you want the other Rein to charge at you first, so you can jump out of the way, and charge into him. For Rein, whoever wins the charge, wins the round.

Don't underestimate crouching. It's won me several rounds as a variety of characters.

Soldier and D.Va are probably my favorite characters so I am extremely happy right now. I only had time to play a few matches last night but I was gold in elims and damage every round. Granted it was QP but still. Soldier feels sooooo good. Why pick Sombra now when Soldier does this much DPS?

i never liked the knockback either when playing Pharah. Now you can just keep aiming at them directly instead of constantly adjusting to it.

But that also means you'll get hit more since you can't fuck up their aim, no?

There's still knockback with Pharah if you hit them directly. Edit: and probably doesn't even need to be a direct hit, close might be the same. I think what they nerf was the minimum area knockback or something.

But she feels much better now.

antitrop

Soldier and D.Va are probably my favorite characters so I am extremely happy right now. I only had time to play a few matches last night but I was gold in elims and damage every round. Granted it was QP but still. Soldier feels sooooo good. Why pick Sombra now when Soldier does this much DPS?
Taking a Soldier on in a 1v1 seems like a really bad idea right now. The Biotic Field gives him a ridiculous amount of sustain and now he actually has the DPS to put people down. It out hp/s a Zenyatta Harmony Orb, even.

Tfw you get 40 elims(in 2 rounds) with Reinhardt and you still end up with a draw. C'mon DPS... I don't even consider myself to be a good Reinhardt so you should be slaying if I'm getting that many elims with him.

Azoor

Looking back, Blizzard really added a lot to the game since May, I hope they continue to support it even better in the future.

Comp is definitely messy right now. Getting put together with a group of 5 that doesn't communicate versus a group of 6 and one of my team being Sombra with less than 20 mins playtime. Awesome!

It's pretty much raining salt. 3v3s where D.Va and Soldier constantly run ahead of my Zen and get picked off. Ah well.

Christ, is no one able to stick together? Sombras running off and getting killed in the first 30s? Argh hate hat ehate.

mollipen

I noticed a few new voice lines for Witch Mercy, other than just the Ult.

"I'm putting a spell on you" and another one similar to that for damage boosting someone, "I'm on fire, but this witch doesn't burn" for going on fire, and some other ones here and there I can't remember.

I have no idea if it was previously in the game, but I heard a Mercy voice line after the update that I'd never heard before. It was basically like "MEDIC! ......... oh wait, that's me."

antitrop

I have no idea if it was in the game before, but I heard a Mercy voice line after the update that I'd never heard before. It was basically like "MEDIC! ......... oh wait, that's me."

Yeah, I think that one's been in there since beta/launch.

I use "How barbaric". I like to just spam that at people who move me around while I'm in my sitting emote. :p

Auctopus

Arcade is useless on PS4, no games almost. On a more positive note, the pharmercy brawl is now anarchy. Basically Star Wars.

MMR is still fucked outside of Ranked though.

antitrop

The new Pharah is so much fun to play. And Im having more success with her against her natural counters.
The only time I've played Pharah in my 500 hours of the game, I got knocked out of the sky from a long-distance Rein Flame Strike. I was a deer in the headlights, I watched it travel a mile.

I never played Pharah again. She sits with Widowmaker and Symmetra as the characters I just don't ever pick, ever.

I like when other people play Pharah, though, seeing how many hours I have in Mercy.

Azoor

BTW they changed Anna's voice, now her ultimate voice has a feminine version if you target a female hero, that wasn't the case in the past.

mikeGFG

Banned
1v1 is such an awful mode for this game.

Like a 1v1 Winston or Rein match is just madness. No indicator of skill, tactics or reflexes.

Skii

1v1 is such an awful mode for this game.

Like a 1v1 Winston or Rein match is just madness. No indicator of skill, tactics or reflexes.

Those ones are actually pure indication of skill lol. Landing jumps/firestrikes is far more difficult than just surprising your opponent.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
D.Va is now the desperation pick for a losing team on 3v3.

Have had numerous times where a team will come back and win because they switched over to her. :(

I-hate-u

It doesn't even sound like her voice. It's so incredibly out of place.

It's only for when she power up female heroes. It's better than using her original voice line, which is male specific, on females.

I agree the voice line is a bit weird. Its slow for some reason.

matmanx1

Played 3 HotS games with a buddy last night. I actually find it kind of fun, at least at the Beginner level vs the AI and with a friend.

I'll be back to Overwatch in a few days once the furor has died down a little bit and I have my Genji skin. =P

Zomba13

Anyone in Europe wanna play the matches of HotS for the Genji skin and HotS unlocks? Just against AI or something. My friend won't help me though I guess he never would as he only ever wants to play OW Competitive and seems to hate skins and unlocks and about half the characters in the game.

My Bnet is Zomba13#1502 and I'm up for it whenever.

EDIT: might actually be quicker just typing /join nexuschallenge in chat and joining one of the groups there. Got one in seconds.

Played 3 HotS games with a buddy last night. I actually find it kind of fun, at least at the Beginner level vs the AI and with a friend.

I'll be back to Overwatch in a few days once the furor has died down a little bit and I have my Genji skin. =P

I installed it but have never played it. Does it need to be played with another person to get the Genji skin?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
1 vs 1 along with all the Arcade modes are good, silly fun. I'm enjoying them a lot but I can see why someone who takes this game too seriously may not.

1 vs 1 along with all the Arcade modes are good, silly fun. I'm enjoying them a lot but I can see why someone who takes this game too seriously may not.

I'm enjoying 1v1, but for some reason 3v3 seems boring to me.

Go figure, I feel like I need more maps for the 3v3 mode, but somehow I'm okay with it on 1v1.

eek5

I don't know how you can go wrong with Roadhog. A successful hook is instant death for most others.

Roadhog seems like instalock. Hes capable of dealing a shitload of dps, can basically one shot a large portion of heroes with his hook combo and even on bigger targets if he pulls them in the team can get them. A good hook basically makes it a 2v3

Also he can self heal.

The arcade stuff all feels broken and a waste of time, annoying they're gating folks into playtime with the reward setup. May just stop playing, not a fan of that sort of "engagement/active user" focused design.

Thank god I'm not gonna have access to my computer for a few days because I swear Overwatch has gone to the dogs with this new update out.

Arcade mode has already been ruined now that people have worked out you can start 1v1 and then have a friend spectate the fucking enemy. I know I shouldn't post whilst tilted but I hope everyone I've played with today falls into a Sarlacc.

Prelude.

The arcade stuff all feels broken and a waste of time, annoying they're gating folks into playtime with the reward setup. May just stop playing, not a fan of that sort of "engagement/active user" focused design.
Well, ignore it? You're just getting the same amount of lootboxes as before if you don't play arcade, and the brawls are still there, they're just more interesting since they're random.

Dreavus

Does the brawl playlist change the brawl rules every match? Didn't get a chance to try it yet.

Sounds like a good fit for the mode

Top Bottom