• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I cannot be swayed by the HotS Genji skin. Nihon Genji is already perfection.
Thank god I'm not gonna have access to my computer for a few days because I swear Overwatch has gone to the dogs with this new update out.

Arcade mode has already been ruined now that people have worked out you can start 1v1 and then have a friend spectate the fucking enemy. I know I shouldn't post whilst tilted but I hope everyone I've played with today falls into a Sarlacc.

Oh... is that why some dude suddenly started spectating one of my 1v1's?

That's kind of sad.

Blues1990

I was having a fun time in comp with a great group of people, but our power went off and I can't go back in. :(

While I'm still getting used to the nerf with Zarya's Bubble Shield, I'm happy that I can still tear people apart with her & protect my teammates. I just have to be more careful with how I use them during engagements.

Lucio, on the other hand, I'm thinking of dropping. It's impossible to solo heal with him, and with his mobility and ability to engage/disengage neutralized more than ever, I feel like a liability than a competent support hero. If Blizzard wanted Lucio's pick-rate to plummet, then they are on their way accomplishing that.
(It still won't increase Mercy's pick-rate, however.)

I cannot be swayed by the HotS Genji skin. Nihon Genji is already perfection.

Oh... is that why some dude suddenly started spectating one of my 1v1's?

That's kind of sad.

It's even worse when they start mocking you like they're so brilliant. Not to mention I was trying to be jovial about being pretty bad at DPS just to try and cheer myself up.

I just called them both assholes and left immediately. I usually don't type anything unless I'm co-ordinating ults or pushes but today I just couldn't be fucked anymore.

Im feeling the ult charge nerfs on some characters more than others.

You can really tell the ult nerf in effect when theres so much less ultimate shouts going out. i felt like i had my nanoboost forever waiting for a friendly Genji to have his dragon blade.

antitrop

Im feeling the ult charge nerfs on some characters more than others.

You can really tell the ult nerf in effect when theres so much less ultimate shouts going out. i felt like i had my nanoboost forever waiting for a friendly Genji to have his dragon blade.
Oh yeah, absolutely. It's a huge deal, I was feeling it right from the very first game I played.

Especially that time I was standing on the point around 3 corpses as Mercy with my Rez at 90%...

Veelk

Banned
It is available for everyone.

What?

*looks up how to get oni genji skin*

Oh, that's what they meant by event. I thought it meant something else entirely.

Okay, in that case, do you HAVE to buddy up with someone, or can you just play 15 matches by yourself?

What?

Oh, that's what they meant by event. I thought it meant something else entirely.

Okay, in that case, do you HAVE to buddy up with someone, or can you just play 15 matches by yourself?

You have to complete 15 games with a friend. Don't have to win, and you can play easy bots. Each match lasts 6-10 min, even for a moba noob like me

antitrop

What?

Have to buddy up.

dyCP98V.jpg

Veelk

Banned
You have to complete 15 games with a friend. Don't have to win, and you can play easy bots. Each match lasts 6-10 min, even for a moba noob like me

I see. Well, anyone want to team up? I don't have blizzard friends since I play OW on consoles and have no other blizzard games. I really just want the Genji skin.

I see. Well, anyone want to team up? I don't have blizzard friends since I play OW on consoles and have no other blizzard games. I really just want the Genji skin.

There's a boatload of people partying in HotS' All Chat and there's apparently even a chat dedicated to Nexus Challenge as well.
Before you do, you have to link your battlenet account to your PSN/XBL though.

As long as you play with someone who has Sylvanas you can reliably finish Beginner-AI games in 4 or 5 minutes, so maybe an hour and a half total. She has a special trait that stuns any non-hero building or unit she damages for several seconds which means you can all group up in one lane and push all the way to the enemy core with nearly no resistance in about 2 or 2.5 minutes.

Now her trait doesn't work on the core so it will shoot and kill you very easily, but a lot of the maps have a boss (which always spawn at 3:00 minutes) or some other kind of map mechanic that will let you win the game once you've cleared a path because it will soak the outgoing damage of the core and let you destroy it.

So you clear a path to the core in 2.5 minutes, then heal and walk over to wherever the boss spawns at 3 minutes and capture it. Then you and the boss walk to the core and destroy it before 5 minutes have even passed. Maps without bosses usually have some other kind of mechanic that works the same way, you release a bunch of Zerg into a lane, you transform into a boss, etc.

Tons of people in general chat forming 5 man groups, so just whisper people looking for members, say you're looking for a group, or advertise to start one yourself. Just don't forget to friend request them before the game starts or you won't get credit.

Paltheos

I played a handful of 3v3s - My favorite team has been Roadhog, Soldier, Ana/Zen, although obviously if the other team picks a Rein you're in for some trouble.

Animator

If Blizzard wanted Lucio's pick-rate to plummet, then they are on their way accomplishing that. (It still won't increase Mercy's pick-rate, however.)

Sure it will. Mercy is the best she has ever been and she was a staple pick in the meta for quite a while before lucio/zen. Now that Pharah is back with a vengeance , Mercy is too.

Crosseyes

Banned
1v1 would be more fun without the gloating / showboating assholes who feel the need to t-bag you or your golden weapon after every matchup.
Yep, don't know why I expected any better of the overwatch community but I haven't played a single game yet where the winner wasn't a douchebag about it.

Can only imagine how toxic chat was if I ever stepped foot in the voice channel.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Surprised Seagull didn't get nomd for esports player on the game awards

Overwatch is still in its infancy as an esport. Seagull might be the most popular NA streamer and pro player right now but he doesn't exactly have a title or championship under his belt right now.

Can I get some sombra tips please?

Health packs first.

Use your stealth to get behind enemy lines and hack the large healthpack of the first skirmish point you will be fighting at.

After this, look for a enemy healers. Hack first, then kill. This way even if they escape, you've neutralized someone's survivability for a bit. Never engage an enemy without a telepod out.

You should be spending as much time stealth as possible.

EMP is a good proactive move when your team is about to start a big push, but don't hold on to it too long trying to find the perfect timing. Getting 2-3 enemies is okay.

Mik317

I swear every Sombra I've played with has been awful....making every match a 5v6 while their Sombra pulls off clutch hacks and shit

Who is a better hero to use Ana ult on with the recent changes?

It hasn't really changed. I'd say

Good: Roadhog Ult, DPSers, Winston non-Ult

Better: Rein, DVa, Reaper Ult

Best: Genji Ult

DVa may be a new viable option since she can move faster with her shooting, has infinite ammo, and can close distance pretty well.

antitrop

Yep, don't know why I expected any better of the overwatch community but I haven't played a single game yet where the winner wasn't a douchebag about it.

Can only imagine how toxic chat was if I ever stepped foot in the voice channel.

All of my 1v1 games had friendly banter with a "gl hf" at the beginning of the match and a "gg" at the end.

Got lucky, I guess. It's funny, because I went into it expecting to have your experience, but got the opposite. Every time I died, I stared at the match chat waiting for the other guy to call me a noob, but it didn't happen.

1v1 and 3v3 are absolutely terrible. Basically removes almost everything that makes Overwatch fun in the first place. I don't think I can force myself to do it for the loot boxes.

All of my 1v1 games had friendly banter with a "gl hf" at the beginning of the match and a "gg" at the end.

Got lucky, I guess. It's funny, because I went into it expecting to have your experience, but got the opposite. Every time I died, I stared at the match chat waiting for the other guy to call me a noob, but it didn't happen.

I don't get the messages because of console play, but I've still seen a few friendly hellos. Especially with characters that you obviously have to play very uniquely to the playlist.

That said, I'd love for 1v1 to have it's own custom emote wheel. Obviously half the wheel is invalid in that mode.

Thewonandonly

Health packs first.

Use your stealth to get behind enemy lines and hack the large healthpack of the first skirmish point you will be fighting at.

After this, look for a enemy healers. Hack first, then kill. This way even if they escape, you've neutralized someone's survivability for a bit. Never engage an enemy without a telepod out.

You should be spending as much time stealth as possible.

EMP is a good proactive move when your team is about to start a big push, but don't hold on to it too long trying to find the perfect timing. Getting 2-3 enemies is okay.
Thank you :) lets see if I can but in work now ;)

Top Bottom