• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

NeoRaider

My experience is 50/50 but only played few 1v1 matches. Sure there are some douchebags but there are also some nice, friendly should i say normal? ppl. Lol

But generally speaking Overwatch community can be so toxic and bad... Few days ago i had one guy in my team (QP) that was alone in the voice chat and he was SCREAMING so much every time he got killed by Widowmaker: "Fuck you Widowmaker!!!!! Aaaaaaaaa, Eat shit whore!"...
I am not sure how i finished that match, it was one of my worst experiences with the game.

I think that biggest problem of this game is that too many kids are playing it. Don't get me wrong i am not generalising but that really is the problem.

Shouta

It hasn't really changed. I'd say

Good: Roadhog Ult, DPSers, Winston non-Ult

Better: Rein, DVa, Reaper Ult

Best: Genji Ult

DVa may be a new viable option since she can move faster with her shooting, has infinite ammo, and can close distance pretty well.

Rein isn't as good anymore because of the loss of the speed component to Nanoboost. S76 has is a super good target now because of the additional damage.

Alucrid

Banned
Rein isn't as good anymore because of the loss of the speed component to Nanoboost. S76 has is a super good target now because of the additional damage.

i just watched a boosted rein get out run by a rein with the speed aura

:(

i would have rather taken nerfs across the board rather than speed boost to 0

Filben

Tried Arcade with 3vs3 the first time today. Such intense fights and so much fun. In addition with the weekly achievements to win loot boxes it's also a nice feature. I even like the subtle changes like the icons for the game modes. Blizzard definitely have a way with user interface, usability and stability.

Rein still gets the benefit of having infinite ammo. So in a small space, or an objective to hold, he's still great. The combo just isn't as good on payload maps, since people can actually retreat now. But you're right, he isn't as good. That's why he dropped from the Best to the Better category.

Super Soldier seems kinda insane now.
I'm honestly suprised she's not a defense character. Her locking down healthpacks is in line with the "Lock down an area" that all the defense heroes seem to get.

She's a lot more offense-based, though. Like a Tracer, going behind enemy lines and harassing, rather than a Symmetra that operates mostly in the base.

Support made more sense to me initially, but actually using her makes me agree with offense.

antitrop

I'm honestly suprised she's not a defense character. Her locking down healthpacks is in line with the "Lock down an area" that all the defense heroes seem to get.
I've been wondering why Symmetra wasn't in the Defense category since beta. I guess it made a little more sense for her to be a Support when her shields were 75, but yeah.

She has more in common with Torbjorn than Mercy, Zen, or Lucio. Even her console nerf was packaged with Torb's.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Arcade QP is a cluster fuck of Sombra's and Winston's, lol.

Also, how does Overwatch match players in normal QP? Is it by skill or just random? I'm getting paired up/going against absolute killers. (PS4)

antitrop

Arcade QP is a cluster fuck of Sombra's and Winston's, lol.

Also, how does Overwatch match players in normal QP? Is it by skill or just random? I'm getting paired up/going against absolute killers. (PS4)

There's definitely some kind of hidden MMR for QP. In my QP games, if there's someone below level 25 in the game with me, it's going to be a smurf.

The average SR of my QP teammates is pretty damn close to what it would be if I queued up for Competitive. Most people are over 3000.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
There's definitely some kind of hidden MMR for QP. In my QP games, if there's someone below level 25 in the game with me, it's going to be a smurf.

I'm below 25 but only because I have hardly played

;-;

antitrop

Anyone managed to play Sombra in QP yet? ��
1 game last night on Lijang (the one that Anne mentioned seeing me in). I did horribly, Bronze medals across the board.

I'm really good at DPS characters in team fights, but I always get wrecked in 1v1s, so Sombra really doesn't fit my playstyle. I'd rather play Soldier and do my work from behind a Rein shield or whatever.

1 game last night on Lijang (the one that Anne mentioned seeing me in). I did horribly, Bronze medals across the board.

I'm really good at DPS characters in team fights, but I always get wrecked in 1v1s, so Sombra really doesn't fit my playstyle. I'd rather play Soldier and do my work from behind a Rein shield or whatever.
Fair enough :p

I'm still getting used to her but I got a 7 kill streak in that match, so I think I'm slowly getting there.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I think I'll just give up on getting the free box from 1vs1. I can't win a match at all, and nothing is more depressing than losing when both players have 4 points. You get so little XP and a big waste of fucking time.

I think I'll just give up on getting the free box from 1vs1. I can't win at match at all, and nothing is more depressing than losing when both players have 4 points. You get so little XP and a big waste of fucking time.

I got my free box and don't think I'll be playing the mode ever again.

I-hate-u

Watching the Alienware monthly melee, and it's looking like Zenyatta usage is rising over Ana, at least from Faze who are killing it right now.

Man what the FUCK

I accidentally reset all my custom controls for each character.

So pissed

Omfg. I keep getting kicked from practice every time because Im in the menus customizing the controls. Why the hell is this like this

komaruR

Rein still gets the benefit of having infinite ammo. So in a small space, or an objective to hold, he's still great. The combo just isn't as good on payload maps, since people can actually retreat now. But you're right, he isn't as good. That's why he dropped from the Best to the Better category.

i wonder how good is to nano a sombra. sombra goes in and emp to kill all shield then go ham with her gun. she just need a little more ump to her dmg to be good and with nano it should be great. + she does have a 60 ammo clip.

cyborg009

Banned
These sombra on comp are just hilarious. She hacked me as Symmetra.

MFW when I went on to kill her Genji, rein plus a bonus kill from my turrets that killed ana.
tumblr_oc2nnjrUbI1un7uhro1_250.gif

fhqwhgads

These sombra on comp are just hilarious. She hacked me as Symmetra.

MFW when I when on to kill her Genji, rein plus a bonus kill from my turrets that killed ana.
tumblr_oc2nnjrUbI1un7uhro1_250.gif
I have a feeling Sombra was purposely designed to be countered by Symmetra. It makes a nice little apology for the Symmetra buffs being delayed.

Nimby

Banned
Fracking Symmetra, the most smug character ever.

They're running him on Anubis too.

I mean that's just Faze, Forsaken likes to play Zen and they pretty much only used Ana if they felt they had to.

I think he will be used more as the meta develops though. And Soldier is a god now, Ana boost on him and he destroys everything.

Anne

why are people here talking about pharah getting better

did i walk into some berenstein bears parallel universe

She's easier to use so that might be it.

Also I Was talking last night about Winston/Zen/Lucio/Tracer/Sombra/Genji possibly being really good. Glad to see people trying it out. Hoping comps that have more direct picks like that find their place.

My off the wall predictions involving things like Soldier/Roadhog/Mei comps are less likely to happen I think lol

I just noticed the Sombra trophies. Wtf

The hack 15 enemies without dying one is so dumb. Even if we include a full 6 person EMP, that would mean that you have to hack 9 people without dying. Cooldown is 14 seconds, so pretending for an instant that you could even hack people sequentially with no downtime that's already 2 minutes on it's own. Add in the fact that that's incredibly unlikely and you basically have to stay alive for the entire match.

I-hate-u

I mean that's just Faze, Forsaken likes to play Zen and they pretty much only used Ana if they felt they had to.

I think he will be used more as the meta develops though. And Soldier is a god now, Ana boost on him and he destroys everything.

More Ana/Zen report, iddqd still prefers Ana over Zen post patch.

Kiro

The hack 15 enemies without dying one is so dumb. Even if we include a full 6 person EMP, that would mean that you have to hack 9 people without dying. Cooldown is 14 seconds, so pretending for an instant that you could even hack people sequentially with no downtime that's already 2 minutes on it's own. Add in the fact that that's incredibly unlikely and you basically have to stay alive for the entire match.

I did that one. It's really not that hard. The EMP one just takes lucky set up. I have yet to get it but I have got 5 a few times. Just a matter of time.

Anne

Yeah, even with Ana nerfed to hell she's probably still the best healer in the game. I think certain comps can swap her out though for Zenyatta. I'm more curious if Lucio can be swapped for Zen/Mercy on defense.

antitrop

Overwatch trophies are dumb, anyway. It's silly how the achievability of some of them are based on the whims of nerfs/buffs and just general game changes.

Like, if you didn't get Rapid Discord when it was 50%, good fuckin' luck. Or if you didn't get Mine Sweeper when hero stacking was a possibility, again, good luck. Or Zarya's Power Overwhelming...

I-hate-u

Yeah, even with Ana nerfed to hell she's probably still the best healer in the game. I think certain comps can swap her out though for Zenyatta. I'm more curious if Lucio can be swapped for Zen/Mercy on defense.

Mercy, I doubt. But I saw Faze rocking Zen/Ana on Anubis on defense.

Overwatch trophies are dumb, anyway. It's silly how the achievability of some of them are based on the whims of nerfs/buffs and just general game changes.

Like, if you didn't get Rapid Discord when it was 50%, good fuckin' luck. Or if you didn't get Mine Sweeper when hero stacking was a possibility, again, good luck. Or Zarya's Power Overwhelming...

Not having one of Winston's trophies tied to him knocking people out of maps is something I don't understand.

Zomba13

Yeah, they definitely should also be changed with the balance of characters.

Man what the FUCK

I accidentally reset all my custom controls for each character.

So pissed

Omfg. I keep getting kicked from practice every time because Im in the menus customizing the controls. Why the hell is this like this

I remember having this issue once. It's fucking annoying.

Anne

Mercy, I doubt. But I saw Faze rocking Zen/Ana on Anubis on defense.

I still don't think she's all that bad. Ana/Mercy was a pretty good duo before. I dunno if the ult economy changes are going to hurt her as much as people think too. She is still probably the weakest healer atm still? Wouldn't discount her over it though.

I-hate-u

I still don't think she's all that bad. Ana/Mercy was a pretty good duo before. I dunno if the ult economy changes are going to hurt her as much as people think too. She is still probably the weakest healer atm still? Wouldn't discount her over it though.

She is a good healer, and can survive longer on the field thanks to her buff, but is that enough compensate her lack of DPS or other general utility? She still has rez, which is a factor, so maybe?

I did that one. It's really not that hard. The EMP one just takes lucky set up. I have yet to get it but I have got 5 a few times. Just a matter of time.
Hmm, okay. I'll give it a proper try.

True tbh. They should really take those into account.
Like the destroy three symmetra teleporters... no one is playing symmetra atm

Sombra is fun but I really hope future characters tone it down. Seems like most people are playing her as a less lethal Tracer but I know once people figure her out/if she ever gets buffs she'll probably be annoying as fuck to fight.

Between her and Ana it seems like Blizzard is going in the direction of giving new characters a ridiculous amount of moves in their tool set. You look at a character like McCree and you see just how simple he is and you compare him to Sombra/Ana and it's just like wtf, chill. I hope Doomfist or whatever tank they introduce next isn't some weird niche guy.

Top Bottom