• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

KarmaCow

I only agree with you on Winston, but them banning any heroes is a dumb idea.

I understand why they banned Lucio because that's a boring stalemate even if you're aggressive but those three devolve into whoever gets the first hit. Unless you're dumb, Symmetra's turrets are worthless and the only "interesting" aspect of Rein fights is getting the fire strike or the extremely risky charge but it's still mostly whoever gets the first hit.

No_Style

HOTS ain't too bad. I'm playing Jaina with LiK and just melting through each round in about 6 minutes.

6 min? Maybe I should knock it down to the easiest just to get it over with. I chose Recruit just to have some semblance of challenge and it's taking 10-15 min or so.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So is arena just the best thing ever or is it that new mode smell? It's all I've wanted to play since I started playing again today.

I remember getting a potg with Symmetra where I killed 3 Genjis in a party with my gun and turrets and teabagged the last one. Was pretty mad that day and promptly embarrassed when that was the potg.

Edit: I wish I could've recorded all of the dumb stuff I did in the beta. Great stuff.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know of an issue with the game which causes your PC to reboot/shutdown? I haven't played in a few months and this has happened twice whereas before it was flawless, as are all my other games. Temps are perfect and it's only Overwatch that's having any sort of issues. Using a 970 with the latest drivers.

ohkay

HOTS ain't too bad. I'm playing Jaina with LiK and just melting through each round in about 6 minutes.
If I wasn't spending all my gaming time playing Overwatch, I might consider playing HotS. It seems fun, but it would take a lot of time to learn

Satch

Banned
Some junkrat player had the nerve to tell me that i was hacking because i always killed his traps

While i was playing pharah, a projectile character. the "people" that play this game are NUTS

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So they didn't fix Roadhog during my months away, still getting hooked through massive walls and one shot. If I could remove one hero it would be him, he's just so anti fun. I haven't had a single 3v3 without double Roadhog so I guess the community will exploit him forever.

darklin0

Banned
So they didn't fix Roadhog during my months away, still getting hooked through massive walls and one shot. If I could remove one hero it would be him, he's just so anti fun.

Hooks are projectiles, not hit scan.

So a Roadhog can throw a hook and move behind cover making it look like he can hit through walls.

On PC: Anyone experienced an issue where taking a screenshot freezes Overwatch completely? Sound still plays, and I can windows key out of it, but any other action is completely unresponsive, including ctrl + alt + delete and alt + tab.

It went away a little while later which makes me think it's my computer going bad. I guess it could be the HD or something. What a bummer.

Bit shit that you can't 1v1 with a friend. Though I suppose arseholes would just exploit the mode to get easy loot boxes.

The little I've played with Sombra she seems pretty cool. Although I've only played as her with and against 11 other Sombras...

Enjoying the arcade stuff an awful lot.

I really feel like I should just make a montage of all of my Symmetra POTGs at this point.

I have to say, I am the best Symmetra on Overwatch.
Probably because no one bothers to play as her...

But I've found ways to be effective on probably 90% of the objective maps, not just Defense payload matches. I'm still working on how to be consistent on Attack modes. Right now it's highly dependent on the team composition. But on Defense and objectives maps, it doesn't matter who is on my team, I am often a team carrier and take a lot of opposing teams by surprise. On objective maps, my turrets allow us to hold it longer, my teleporter gets my team back in faster, and in close quarters on the actual objective spot, my laser beam can charge really fast and I often get multi-kills. Usually by the 3rd or 4th round, the other team tries to bring out a Symmetra as well. :lol

It's a shame she's only good for one round in 3v3 battles.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'll do the Genji thing tomorrow, I actually used to play HotS and enjoyed it a lot so it won't be painful, it's by far the best skin so I don't mind doing it even if I rarely play him.

Top Bottom