• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anne

She is a good healer, and can survive longer on the field thanks to her buff, but is that enough compensate her lack of DPS or other general utility? She still has rez, which is a factor, so maybe?

Rez is good, being able to push a DPS through a fight is good. 60 HPS pocket on somebody while Ana is pumping up your tanks is not something fun to deal with. Only issue is she's really prone to dives and you are putting a lot of resources into one area. It's not a terrible strat though. Back when ult economy was a thing you could cycle her + Ana for some dumb shit; the only reason you didn't see it was that Lucio/Ana was dumber.

Also, Zarya seems to be overall buffed this patch so there's another fun thing that happened.

I-hate-u

Rez is good, being able to push a DPS through a fight is good. 60 HPS pocket on somebody while Ana is pumping up your tanks is not something fun to deal with. Only issue is she's really prone to dives and you are putting a lot of resources into one area. It's not a terrible strat though. Back when ult economy was a thing you could cycle her + Ana for some dumb shit; the only reason you didn't see it was that Lucio/Ana was dumber.

Also, Zarya seems to be overall buffed this patch so there's another fun thing that happened.

This is like the third time Blizzard attempted to nerf Lucio. If he is still strong in the meta months from now, they're gonna outright remove him.

Anne

This is like the third time Blizzard attempted to nerf Lucio. If he is still strong in the meta months from now, they're gonna outright remove him.

Honestly, at this point it's hard to nerf him any more. They just need to rush out something to fill in the gaps between him and the cast.

And I Was asleep and missed all the EnvyUs drama :<

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I don't even know why they bothered to his his healing now, lol.

All in all they just keep making him feel worse to play but his core abilities are too innately strong to ever really be bad.

I-hate-u

It's interesting that Misfits are running Sombra in the place of a tank, not a dps or a healer. What makes it worse their only tank is Winston. I am triggered.

Pooya

nerfing Lucio seems bad for the game, he is like the most friendly character to new players as far as support goes and even if they're bad with him it helped people to learn the game honestly. Lucio was a really good and accessible way to be effective in a team for new players and he was fun. Making him worse and worse isn't a good idea. I really don't see what was wrong with him before this patch. If they want more support picks then they should add more heroes, like what else you can even do right now.

Anne

It's interesting that Misfits are running Sombra in the place of a tank, not a dps or a healer. What makes it worse their only tank is Winston. I am triggered.

Follow up the Winston dive with Tracer/Sombra/Genji is the strat. It's legit.

nerfing Lucio seems bad for the game, he is like the most friendly character to new players as far as support goes and even if they're bad with him it helped people to learn the game honestly. Lucio was a really good and accessible way to be effective in a team for new players and he was fun. Making him worse and worse isn't a good idea. I really don't see what was wrong with him before this patch. If they want more support picks then they should add more heroes, like what else you can even do right now.

Having a metagame rely almost exclusively on a single ability is bad and limiting pickwise and stratwise. Adding more heroes obviously takes awhile too, so until they streamline somebody in to deal with that, they have to try to keep the dude in line.

Skii

Got Oni Genji thanks to the help of Prelude. Didn't take that long. Managed to get games down to 7-8 minutes. It looks so sweet but my Genji is literally the most inconsistent thing ever. I either go 30-5 or I go 8-10.

How was she buffed?

I-hate-u

Follow up the Winston dive with Tracer/Sombra/Genji is the strat. It's legit.

But no Zarya to shield him. He seems so unprotected. I guess my strats are stuck in the past in this current meta where it seems tanks are not the beasts they used to be.

Misfits just won with that comp too.

Anne

How was she buffed?

They changed the hit registration on her beam in a couple ways. Getting damage with her beam is much more consistent now. It's an unlisted but very noticeable change,

But no Zarya to shield him. He seems so unprotected.

Doesn't matter if he can force the fight in a way for the DPS to finish the dive. Winston doesn't need Zarya to work, she just makes him dumber. Winston/Rein is a thing remember. He can dive by himself, and they can load up the DPS on those dive ready heroes.

antitrop

my Genji is literally the most inconsistent thing ever. I either go 30-5 or I go 8-10.

This is me.

The weird thing is he has one of my highest win-rates (60%), even above characters I feel much, much, much more consistent and comfortable with.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
First time playing since Legion and they've added a lot damn, and I love Sombra, such a cool playstyle. Obviously I get put with some pro wannabe mad kid on my second game who flamed me playing her, even though I was doing the bulk of the work while he missed 9 in 10 right clicks with Mei but whatever, I guess you can't disable chat by default still?

I-hate-u

Doesn't matter if he can force the fight in a way for the DPS to finish the dive. Winston doesn't need Zarya to work, she just makes him dumber. Winston/Rein is a thing remember. He can dive by himself, and they can load up the DPS on those dive ready heroes.

Maybe I have been playing dive comp all wrong. I almost feel composed to go Zarya if one of the tanks is Winston. Gotta practice that.

Btw if any of y'all is interested, high level Sombra mirror match live over here->https://www.twitch.tv/gosutv_ow

EDIT: Not anymore.

Satch

Banned
this change with pharahs knockback us actually kinda pissing me off tbh!!!!!!!! first time ive been sincerely peeved about a balance change

Kiro

Does Rapid Discord achievement require the enemy to die with discord or be hurt by your team with discord? I am seeing conflicting reports on b.net forums.

Thanks

Prelude.

The coolest Gengu highlight looks pretty weird with the new skin.
screenshot_16-11-17_0vlshg.jpg

Got Oni Genji thanks to the help of Prelude.
Thanks to you for teaming up.

Shouta

Maybe I have been playing dive comp all wrong. I almost feel composed to go Zarya if one of the tanks is Winston. Gotta practice that.

Btw if any of y'all is interested, high level Sombra mirror match live over here->https://www.twitch.tv/gosutv_ow

EDIT: Not anymore.

On paper, it's reliant on your DPS being able to clean up quickly after Winston leaps in. If they can't, then you're left with a squishy situation. It can work though.

Anne

Why aren't they using Dva or Soldier???

Faze actually failed this push until they switched out to Soldier/Reaper. It's day one after the patch so things haven't settled in yet. Shit's just hella goofy right now.

Soldier has been tried out tonight and has been relatively successful.

Edit: lmao there it is.

Faze actually failed this push until they switched out to Soldier/Reaper. It's day one after the patch so things haven't settled in yet. Shit's just hella goofy right now.

Soldier has been tried out tonight and has been relatively successful.

Edit: lmao there it is.
Those two are just SO good now. Thought we'd see them constantly.

Zombs knows what's up.

maomaoIYP

So I bought the Sombra hacking intro.
Ended a game and PoTG loaded up, it showed my hacking intro.....only for it to be hacked by another player's Sombra hacking intro. Feelsbadman.jpg

I-hate-u

On paper, it's reliant on your DPS being able to clean up quickly after Winston leaps in. If they can't, then you're left with a squishy situation. It can work though.

Now that I think about it, a decent Ana can keep the Winston alive most of the time anyway if the DPS have trouble cleaning up.

Skii

They changed the hit registration on her beam in a couple ways. Getting damage with her beam is much more consistent now. It's an unlisted but very noticeable change,

Ah okay. Guess it makes it easier to track the trickier heroes now.

Shouta

Now that I think about it, a decent Ana can keep the Winston alive most of the time anyway if the DPS have trouble cleaning up.

Throwing in the grenade and popping him with darts should keep him alive, assuming the opponents don't focus fire him down.

Ramirez

The Zarya beam has been like that since last console patch, main reason I started bitching about her. She seems to die a lot quicker now for some reason.

ohkay

Got Oni Genji thanks to the help of Prelude. Didn't take that long. Managed to get games down to 7-8 minutes. It looks so sweet but my Genji is literally the most inconsistent thing ever. I either go 30-5 or I go 8-10.
iknowthatfeelbro.jpg

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
3v3 is my new favorite thing but I hate how few of the characters work well for it.

It's funny how this mode hasn't even been out for a week on live but it already has a meta of Hog + Zen + Whatever. That's the team to beat really because it's such a strong team.

Also Sombra is really weird, I don't get her at all. Her stealth feels like it should be defensive but it has never worked defensively and the timer on her translocator makes it a very tricky thing to use, because it's either your plan B or part of your kill, it's a cool ability but I just don't think I have the hang of it yet.

Much like her normal hack, which feels awful to use. If you get a paper cut while hacking some one it instantly cuts out, if line of sight breaks for a millisecond it instantly stops casting and on top of that the lock on / range for it feels super inconsistent. Unless I'm fairly close I can never really get the hack off reliably, and by that point I'm usually in a position where if I hold down the trigger for the same duration as the hack cast time i'll get a kill.

I guess I just have to play with sombra a bit more but I just don't really "get it". Her ult combos fantastically with so many things, but I just have a hard time figuring out how to get close and not die when I do get close.

Top Bottom