• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Anyone else having troubles playing this today? I'm from EU (Portugal) and I can't play a single match, it starts normal but after a while my character stops moving and the game disconnects me. Already got penalized (75% exp for 2 games) and I'm pretty sure the problem is not on my end since everything's fine with my net and I played a bit of DSIII to test another game and it worked flawlessly.

I'm annoyed :\

Edit: from what I'm reading on the official forums this seems to happen frequently... fix this shit Blizz.

So...

http://downdetector.com/status/battle-net/map/

Portugal is basically the only country in Europe being affected right now. Why? ;_;

Don't tell me it's that DDOS shit again...

Was the last one standing against my team and took out all three of the enemies by myself with Tracer to tie it up 2-2. That was insane.

Naturally lost the last round, but man. I love this game.

Has anyone else had a problem on PC where you can't invite friends or be invited by them? The game is literally not giving me the option to play with my friends, but they were able to invite each other...

Has anyone else had a problem on PC where you can't invite friends or be invited by them? The game is literally not giving me the option to play with my friends, but they were able to invite each other...

Came in to ask the same thing

Edit: nvm we both restarted the client and it's working again

esai

yup. i got logged out of the game during a match twice right before this happened.

Came in to ask the same thing

Edit: nvm we both restarted the client and it's working again

this fixed it for me too.

exYle

Do we have a more active PS4 group message anywhere? Or are we still using that old message thread?

Lmao which one? Overwatch-GAF or Overwatch Secret Society?

Both are pretty dead to be honest. I think we've all played with each other enough that we recognize each other's names

Though I haven't seen you in a while

xaosslug

so, it's OK to delete HotS from my laptop? I'm gonna!

that said it's super easy to group up/friend peeps in that game! Blizz needs to get that ish done on Overwatch (console), tbh!

Gorillaz

These guys have to be the most clueless devs out there

I and anybody else for the matter can just stall with tracer,mei, sombra, in 3v3 or even 1v1 and just draw if im in a 1 v 3 or 1 v 2. to escape a lose. Hilarious. Almost reminds me of how half assed they treat the balance at times.

Lmao which one? Overwatch-GAF or Overwatch Secret Society?

Both are pretty dead to be honest. I think we've all played with each other enough that we recognize each other's names

Though I haven't seen you in a while
I figured both seemed dead, hadn't seen either pop notifications in a while :/

I know. I burned out after a terrible start to Season 2. Coming back for Season 3 though.

About Tracer, I think she is better this season. I think she gets indirectly better every patch at this rate.

I've played one game of QP with her since the patch. Dva takes forever to take down, but still isn't much of a threat to you, Sombra can't really do anything, there are less established 'lines' to get behind so Tracer does okay just darting between targets. Overall I didn't die once and felt my impact was decent. Obviously you can't judge everything from one game, but considering the pros were playing here a lot last night, who knows, maybe she'll still be awesome.

darklin0

Banned
About Tracer, I think she is better this season. I think she gets indirectly better every patch at this rate.

I agree. So far Overwatch's balancing has been pretty good.

A Gorilla can only dream of a small shield buff. Kaplan, shield momentum buff when?

I agree. So far Overwatch's balancing has been pretty good.

A Gorilla can only dream of a small shield buff. Kaplan, shield momentum buff when?

These guys have to be the most clueless devs out there

I and anybody else for the matter can just stall with tracer,mei, sombra, in 3v3 or even 1v1 and just draw if im in a 1 v 3 or 1 v 2. to escape a lose. Hilarious. Almost reminds me of how half assed they treat the balance at times.

I sense some kind of conspiracy here, but I'm too dumb to figure out what it could be.

Salarians

Sombra kind of feels like a combo of Tracer and Ana. She's really fun.

Got her "6 hacked at once" trophy. The "15 hacked without dying" one will be fun.

Shredderi

Gotta say I'm not feeling the non-stack ruling to Quickplay. I could count with one hand fingers the amount of matches I've won since the patch. It all started after the patch. I feel like all the players who went to play comp because of stacking has come back now to quickplay, just more steeled than those who played the old quickplay exclusively, kicking their and my ass. It's just not fun for me (I'm very competitive, ironically). I'm just angry and stressed because of losing 55 matches in row and I'm getting that same feeling that made me hardquit CSGO 1.5 years ago. Couldn't find even one match in the "no limit" brawl.

Sad shredderi is sad.

TheExodu5

Banned
I want 3v3 to become an official game mode. Maybe separate maps and hero balance. But pure elimination makes this game so much more compelling.

Kito

Just got the Power Outage achievement in comp, and without the help of a Zarya!

EMP followed by D.Va ult is a monster. This combo needs a cool name; it's beyblade levels of ridiculous.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just got the Power Outage achievement in comp, and without the help of a Zarya!

EMP followed by D.Va ult is a monster. This combo needs a cool name; it's beyblade levels of ridiculous.

Wait, how? People can still move and hide.

Man, tonight every game I played felt off. I'd say it's more likely the influx of people who don't play regularly than the new changes, and as usual my luck is I end up on every shitty team in existence. I didn't win a single match tonight (QP or Comp) - EXCEPT for the 1v1 which I won 5-0. And I'm also 2-0 as Widowmaker in 1v1 - Perfects both times. If only I was this good with her in actual matches.

But yeah, tonight just felt awful from moment one. Even the one time I played as Sombra (which somehow counted as two losses on Overbuff? ???) my team was so shitty I was never able to get into a position to test out her abilities in a proper battle. (It was on Ilios and the other team was wrecking us so badly they were literally spawn camping my team on the second round.)

I wonder how long I should stay away before the crowd dies down and the game gets fun again.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They can't move as easily; Tracer can't blink, Genji can't dash, Mercy can't fly, Lucio can't switch to speed etc

Kephrii on Sombra features the combo quite a lot.

I dunno, even as someone with no mobility options I'm often able to hide.

I mean it's still good, but didn't seem as devastating as a graviton surge or blizzard.

I-hate-u

Because I usually am that guy to fill in whatever role my team needs, this meta change has thrown me in a loop. I can't tell if my team comps are good or not anymore. The 2/2/2 concept seemed to have been lost on people, and it's not unusual to see teams running 1 tank/4 dps/1 healer and making it work in comp.

On a side note, anyone feels that Sombra should be a defense hero? I know she doesn't zone enemies, but she is seems to work better on defense and her ult basically stops pushes. She and Hanzo should switch roles.

Top Bottom