• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

Nano boost is still stupid good on more targets than just that. Basically any DPS, any tank (it is way worse on Rein though tbh) and it works. It's kind of crazy how hard they nerfed it but it's still good. I was hoping that it would dumpster her some but the second I got on PTR I was like "oh wait nah still broke".

Good point you've brought up with Soldier: 76 & his buffs. He can shred through just about anything with his ult on its own, so I'm terrified to think how scary it would be to be torn apart by a nano boosted Soldier when he's using his Tactical Visor.

Don't know how Zarya, Sombra, or Tracer can benefit from it, however.

eek5

Good point you've brought up with Soldier: 76 & his buffs. He can shred through just about anything with his ult on its own, so I'm terrified to think how scary it would be to be torn apart by a nano boosted Soldier when he's using his Tactical Visor.

Don't know how Zarya, Sombra, or Tracer can benefit from it, however.

nano boosted soldier ult with a speed boost

rip

Pooya

I like 3vs3 a lot but the map is very bad for arena style game play. They should look into some of the older quake or halo maps for inspiration, not this. It's really boring.

Symphonic

Yeah, I really love 3v3 and how it's a completely new mode. I would love for them to incorporate it outside of the Arcade somehow in the future with more maps.

Auctopus

Auctopus #2858

Online now for anyone doing the Nexus challenge.

Edit: sorry is nexus challenge passive? Or do I have to select it?

Alavard

Auctopus #2858

Online now for anyone doing the Nexus challenge.

Edit: sorry is nexus challenge passive? Or do I have to select it?

As long as you're in a game of the appropriate mode (versus AI, quick match, unranked, HL/TL) with someone on your friend list, you will get credit toward the Nexus Challenge at the end of each game.

Zomba13

Thanks, guys.

Edit: anyone doing the challenge?

I managed to get a group super fast by joining the Nexus Challenge chat channel in HotS and just asking there and adding the people in the party. Type /join nexuschallenge in the chat box and ask there. It went pretty fast for me. Most just rush a lane with Sgt. Hammer and Sylvanas and matches take like 3 mins.

Shouta

Kinda wish the practice range had some more robust options so I can test interactions between characters by myself.

See, Blizz made a mistake. QP should allow limit and no limit modes. Putting no limit to Arcade only was a mistake.

Right now the thing that bugs me the most is that since no limits is in arcade, you can't get trophies that way. And sometimes stacking was the easiest way to get trophies. But because limits are applied if you're trophy hunting you may get locked out of the character you're aiming for.

LiK

Right now the thing that bugs me the most is that since no limits is in arcade, you can't get trophies that way. And sometimes stacking was the easiest way to get trophies. But because limits are applied if you're trophy hunting you may get locked out of the character you're aiming for.

Exactly. They need to patch the game to allow trophies to work in the no limit Arcade mode as well. Some of the changes actually makes the trophies harder to get.

Veelk

Banned
Quickplay is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more bearable....but it doesn't change the fact that people play like tits.

Nah, we definitely don't need a healer until the last minute of the match guys, lets just keep playing without one :/

matmanx1

the HotS quest for the skin was honestly a breeze. I'm glad it didn't involve playing Hearthstone, lol

Agreed. I can deal with HotS. I sort of even like it, as long as I'm playing with a RL buddy vs the AI. Hearthstone, otoh, I don't care for at all.

In fact my friend and I have already said that we want to go ahead and do the 30 games together and not stop at the 15 because, why not? It's not hard and it's not a huge time commitment and some of the heroes are legitimately fun to play.

If nothing else it's opened my eyes to the fact that HotS can be an amusing bit of entertainment once in a while.

Do I need to do 15 games with the same friend or can I do it with 15 different friends?

You can do every single match with a different friend, as long as you are grouped with at least one friend in a party once you start a match, you'll get progress for the challenge.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I love just about all the changes Blizzard has made, except Soldier's buff. It's kind of obnoxious, I think. I thought he was in a good place before the change, so I'm kind of confused why they felt the need to up his damage.

In my opinion, Soldier should be the jack of all trades, where he's decent at everything, but great at nothing. With this damage buff, he's got way too much DPS, and combined with his Ult, it's kind of ridiculous.

antitrop

Okay, I love just about all the changes Blizzard has made, except Soldier's buff. It's kind of obnoxious, I think. I thought he was in a good place before the change, so I'm kind of confused why they felt the need to up his damage.

Being the worst DPS with no relevant niche and outclassed by McCree in every way was a good place?

The only reason to pick Soldier before this patch was that your accuracy with McCree was in the gutter.

mreddie

The last few games on 3/3 LMS.

tumblr_inline_ms056v7HDl1qz4rgp.gif

Trey

Being the worst DPS with no relevant niche and outclassed by McCree in every way was a good place?

The only reason to pick Soldier before this patch was that your accuracy with McCree was in the gutter.

I would say if you couldn't trust your team, soldier was the way to go. Way more independent than mccree.

Obviously the ceiling is higher for Mccree.

Kysen

jesus christ HoTS is absolutely terrible. I am not sitting through 15 games in one night....
Yep by the second game I had enough. So damn boring watching cooldowns while your character auto attacks. How is this supposed to be fun?

hesido

I'm at a 9 games loss streak. Somebody stop me. I still want to play.
Down from 2550 to 2260 inside of 4 hours and my tenth game we lost first round before reaching first point.

Edit: Oh. We won incredibly in that round, stopped them inches away.

LiK

jesus christ HoTS is absolutely terrible. I am not sitting through 15 games in one night....

Come on dude, it'll take you like 2-3 hours at most. You can handle that long.

Yea, Antitrop and I thought we were only gonna do a few games through the week but the matches were so short and simple that we did it in 2 hours all at once. The only annoyance is the slowass MM.

Just put on some music/podcasts or youtube videos and just coast by on Beginner.

Veelk

Banned

My impression was that his strength was his flexibility. If you needed to be healed and no healer was around, he could drop a heal pod for you. If you needed a DPS, well, up close, Tracer and Reaper outdid him, sure, but he had the advantage mid range. He could put out a fair amount of punishment actually, since he also had his rockets. And his ultimate ensured his shots would land.

I don't play soldier, but I thought he was reasonable. Definitely a threat in the hands of a player who knew what he was doing. Now he just seems to kill way too easily.

And anyway, as far as McCree outclassing him if your aiming wasn't great....well, yeah, isn't that good? I always pictured Soldier as the noobtube of the game, the character that's flexible and reasonably powerful, but outclassed by players who actually know how to aim. I had no problem McCree being the objectively better pick for people who know how to aim.

Greddleok

Reeeeeeeallllly fucking hate arcade mode.

Feel like I have to do it to get the loot boxes, but it's all the aspects I hate about Overwatch dumped into one mode. Bleh.

I-hate-u

Down from 2550 to 2260 inside of 4 hours and my tenth game we lost first round before reaching first point.

Same thing happened to me, so I'll share what a fellow gaffer advised me:

Turn off the game and do something else. Play quick play if you fiending more OW, but stop playing competitive for a while.

Sometimes you could be titled and not even know it. Nowadays, I put a limit on myself where if I hit 3 losses in a session, I stop and come back later. It helped me climb to ranks I thought were beyond me reach. Also, right now the meta is in a flux, and Sombra is ruining everything. This season has no more salvation

antitrop

Yea, Antitrop and I thought we were only gonna do a few games through the week but the matches were so short and simple that we did it in 2 hours all at once. The only annoyance is the slowass MM.

And that one map where you have to activate cannons to fire at the enemy base, instead of just walking in and destroying it yourself. That map took us like 15 minutes where the others were 5.

LiK

Edit: Oh. We won incredibly in that round, stopped them inches away.

i take a break from Comp immediately if i lose 3 or 4 in a row. go do QP instead to unwind.

antitrop

lol I didn't even finish the tutorial yesterday.

I really like Genji, but I'm not doing shit like that for any skin. I'll stick with nihon.

I think Nihon is still the best Genji, but I only have it on my PS4 account, so I'll use Oni on PC.

At least Oni is a million times better than the "Young Genji" skins.

NeoRaider

lol I didn't even finish the tutorial yesterday.

I really like Genji, but I'm not doing shit like that for any skin. I'll stick with nihon.

It was sooo boring to me. I honestly don't know how can anyone enjoy it.

That move by Blizzard to lock one skin behind this is just ridiculous.

Veelk

Banned
Also, why is Widowmaker in like every goddamn QP match for me? Was there some major buff that made her not suck that I am unaware of?

zoukka

Where's the patch notes for all the hero balance changes? Is it just or does Torb hammer faster? And he regenerates scrap!

Mupod

Every 3 wins in arcade to a maximum of 3 lootboxes (9 wins.

Every first win of 1v1 or 3v3 per week.

So, 5 maximum a week I think.

Oh, the UI didn't indicate anything about 3 wins in arcade.

That 1v1 mode is so obnoxious that I don't know if it was even worth the time despite winning.

Top Bottom