• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

So I played Ana last night and you're right, they fucked up her rifle sounds. I hope it's just a bug and not intentional.

press F to pay respects

900px-HalloweenTerror_Ana_VP_R.I.P..png

Nimby

Banned
A lot of console players refuse to look up, ever. So she'll be okay there for some time.

I got McCree in mystery heroes the other day, and I was surprised how easy it was to just decimate their Pharahs. I typically play supports, don't have the best aim especially under pressure but that was a really good game. The improved aim assist and new controller method helps out a lot with that, so I don't think she is as strong on console now.

Most console players are dense af for some reason though. You will most likely have potato aim Hanzo and Junkrat on your team instead of a McCree so that enemy Pharah pick goes a long way.

DOWN

Banned
Is there a thread of good coverage on the PS4 Pro support they added? Didn't even know they added Pro support until I just read it now

Veelk

Banned
I'm trying to learn to play tracer now, and yeah, I am not liking Soldier more by the game.

Players are barely aiming with the guy, half the kills are just spraying in the general direction of the payload. He wasn't all that problematic with normal heroes, but he just slaughters tracers by the dozens. It's silly.

For those of you who own the base version of Overwatch and want to get the Origins edition skins (and the other stuff that comes with it), now is the perfect time to upgrade.

The Origins edition upgrade costs 10€ instead of 20€, so it is 50% off.

For those of you who own the base version of Overwatch and want to get the Origins edition skins (and the other stuff that comes with it), now is the perfect time to upgrade.

On one hand, lol at $10 for 5 skins being the sale price. On the other hand Slipstream Tracer and Overgrown Bastion are pretty amazing so I won't judge.

I-hate-u

Origin skins are not even good except for Tracer's and Bastion's.

I'm just pointing it out. I don't care if you buy it or not lol.

On one hand, lol at $10 for 5 skins being the sale price. On the other hand Slipstream Tracer and Overgrown Bastion are pretty amazing so I won't judge.

Well normally the upgrade would be 20€.
Also, as a sidenote, you do get other goodies as well in other Blizzard games (e.g. Tracer in HotS and a Winston pet in WoW).

Origin skins are not even good except for Tracer's and Bastion's.

I really like Young Soldier 76 and Blackwatch Reyes is decent too (though Reaper has many good skins). Not too fond of Overgrown Bastion myself tho.

Veelk

Banned
For shits and giggles, I had a game where I tried playing widowmaker.

Please tell me again how underpowered Soldier 76 was before the buff.

Moltenix

Gonna download the free weekend trial after work. Outside of Splatoon, i've never really cared for any multiplayer shooters. What are some good characters to try where shooting and killing and having good aim isn't as important?

Kuro

Gonna download the free weekend trial after work. Outside of Splatoon, i've never really cared for any multiplayer shooters. What are some good characters to try where shooting and killing and having good aim isn't as important?

Lucio and maybe Rein although its important to know when to use his shift.

antitrop

Reinhardt
Winston
Lúcio
Mercy
Symmetra

The only thing I use is the card back in Hearthstone. Although Reyes coming out of the coffin in the highlight intro is pretty dope.

The only thing I use is the card back in Hearthstone. Although Reyes coming out of the coffin in the highlight intro is pretty dope.
I managed to get Pumpkin Reaper and El Blanco from loot boxes so I'll never ever use Reyes. Hell also got Nevermore for when I need my edge lord fix.

Moltenix

One more question, how does the communities differ between PS4 and PC? Will probably try out the trial on both but is one more competitive than the other for just unranked/quick play?

Blues1990

Soldier 76 is the Mario of Overwatch. He’s decent for just about anything. His rifle does decent mid-to-long-range damage, he’s got rockets with knockback, and he can even heal. Oh, and his ultimate ability is basically an aimbot.

Reinhardt is Overwatch’s most straightforward tank. He’s got a big ol’ hammer, lots of armor, and a holographic shield allies can shoot through but enemies can’t. Many strategies revolve around a frontline with Reinhardt at the head. He can also charge enemies and pin them against or surfaces, and his ult knocks down everybody in its path, briefly stunning them.

Among Overwatch’s supports, Mercy is the most straightforward healer. The Caduceus Staff can either heal allies or boost their damage output. She can also quickly fly toward allies, and her ult resurrects fallen friends. However, Mercy is extremely weak in terms of offense and defense. Always stay behind tanks and other beefy allies.

Mei is a very effective Defense hero, and despite her innocent appearance, she is an absolute terror. She can freeze enemies solid with her Frost Beam and then knock their brains out with a giant icicle blast. Her Ice Wall is great for giving allies cover or obscuring enemies’ shots. Her ult slows and freezes everyone in a fairly wide radius. Oh, and if she’s hurting, she can freeze herself, becoming temporarily invincible and recovering health.

As for general tips:

-If you're getting a solid-gold ass beating, try another character. If you’re not sure who to go for, ask your team what they need help with at the moment. If one of your teammates decides to be a dick, because how dare you not know everything about the game, kindly remind them that you’re just trying to help, because that’s how you win in Overwatch. Odds are, your other teammates will have your back on that one.

-Communicate. Let people know where you’re going, what your plan is. If the other team has you stuck at a chokepoint, suggest a coordinated assault or a specific strategy instead of individually banging your head against an impenetrable defensive wall.

-Don't be afraid to lose. Don’t lose hope, just because things aren’t going your way. Overwatch is designed to have the spoils of defeat being not too far from victories, as there are a lot of cool, awesome things that can happen during the match.

Blues1990

One more question, how does the communities differ between PS4 and PC? Will probably try out the trial on both but is one more competitive than the other for just unranked/quick play?
Generally speaking, the communities are about the same. You get your fair share of jerks, some friendly nice folk, & 13 year olds that adorably try to sound "mature". Gameplay-wise, the console versions feel slower & have aim-assist, while the PC/Mac versions are much more faster pace.

Wimps

So I'm a PS4 player. Figured I'd try out what Overwatch is like on PC. Unfortunately it's not playable for Mac. Fuck my life.

I didn't even consider that I might be unable to play it. Blizzard is so huge.. And WoW runs on Mac too :(

Skii

Is there literally any good reason for someone to buy it on PC if they're already deep in on PS4?

I did and it was a great decision. The gameplay is so much faster, more precise and generally you can do combos that aren't possible on console. It's a lot more fun imo.

antitrop

I did and it was a great decision. The gameplay is so much faster, more precise and generally you can do combos that aren't possible on console. It's a lot more fun imo.

Mouse/Keyboard and 144Hz make it pretty much impossible for me to play the console version, anymore. I tried it again a month ago and just couldn't do it. Even just M/K on a 60Hz monitor makes it feel like a different game.

NeoRaider

Is the game dead on PS4 or what? It takes forever to find matches on arcade mode.

Right now? I doubt it, free weekend is happening so i am sure that there are A LOT of ppl playing the game. It's something else causing this, maybe servers are barely breathing.

On PC it doesn't take more than few sec.

hesido

From 2590 season high to now 2190 something after a mega lose streak, this time not even trying to win and receiving noob notices from other frustrated players. Playing almost entirely with my tertiary characters.

Pfft.

Wimps

yeah, pharah stays losing

any mccree, soldier
or bastion
worth half a damn is gonna take her down in milliseconds

Meh I disagree. Pharah can be such a clutch pick on certain maps. As long as the enemy team doesn't have a McCree, you should be good. Soldier hasn't ever killed me as Pharah. Though haven't played a lot of games post-patch yet..

Top Bottom