• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

LiK

Meh I disagree. Pharah can be such a clutch pick on certain maps. As long as the enemy team doesn't have a McCree, you should be good. Soldier hasn't ever killed me as Pharah. Though haven't played a lot of games post-patch yet..

Hoho, buffed Soldier is GOAT

I did and it was a great decision. The gameplay is so much faster, more precise and generally you can do combos that aren't possible on console. It's a lot more fun imo.

Mouse/Keyboard and 144Hz make it pretty much impossible for me to play the console version, anymore. I tried it again a month ago and just couldn't do it. Even just M/K on a 60Hz monitor makes it feel like a different game.

You can play a game you like without handicaps.

Appreciate the replies.

I haven't played a mouse & keyboard FPS since...well, before there were actual "mouse and keyboard" FPS titles.

I might as well give it a shot, so I'm downloading the free PC version now to try....

papasmurf1038

Neo Member
I lost count of how many times you would have been dead pre-patch. The regen kept kicking in just fast enough to let the Lucio keep you alive.

Yep! Dodging damage for just 1 second instead of 3 during a team fight is much, much easier, and even if you get clipped again a second later those little bursts of regen really make a difference when it comes to keeping Mercy alive.

ohkay

Mouse/Keyboard and 144Hz make it pretty much impossible for me to play the console version, anymore. I tried it again a month ago and just couldn't do it. Even just M/K on a 60Hz monitor makes it feel like a different game.
I haven't touched ps4 since the s1-s2 break so I loaded the game up the other day just to see what it used to be like on console and it looked so bad going from 144Hz to 60Hz

antitrop

How does anyone play this game on console. The aiming is absolute horseshit.
Everyone else has the same disadvantage, unless they're one of those weirdos that paid way too much money for a mouse/keyboard adapter.

after a lifetime of playing console shooters I suppose

Overwatch even feels bad for a console shooter, even though they've been tweaking it since launch. It was especially bad at launch, where I went from finishing DOOM right into Overwatch. DOOM felt fantastic to play on a controller, Overwatch just doesn't.

150 hours logged on PC, but I'm trying the PS4 trial out of curiosity.

First game: 19-0 as D.Va, four gold medals, two Self Destruct triples.

I know I shouldn't take pride in that, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel really good.

Veelk

Banned
Those blue bars show the current population of each mode in arcade. If it's empty it's going to take a long time to find a game.

I hope that Blizzard is looking real hard at "No limits" and seeing how it has no players because nobody wants to play this game with stacked heroes.

When mystery heroes tells you to go play something else.

Cxk4BMvVIAA-YuO.jpg

NeoRaider

Will there be Winter/Christmas/NY event? Do we have any leak or info about that?

Also kinda weird they still don't mention Symmetra. It's almost December.

IbukiLordSA

It's been a few days and people still don't hack health packs. Stop rushing to pick the new character if you aren't going to bother learning them. Some idiot level 300+ moron had the audacity to tell someone they are a better Sombra and they should let him play, considering he was 300+ the guy agreed and what do you know they guy was complete trash and didn't hack a single health pack around our points or use the EMP when needed..

The key to getting good at any game is admitting when you are shit at it so you can start improving in the areas you are shit in. Idiot Overwatch players.

Will there be Winter/Christmas/NY event? Do we have any leak or info about that?

Also kinda weird they still don't mention Symmetra. It's almost December.

They've mentioned Symmetra. During the BlizzCon Q&A panel she was brought up and they said that they're still working on her rework and that they're gonna need some more time. There's also an interview in which they said "probably this year".

And as a sidenote, they said "November at the earliest", not "it's gonna happen November 100% guaranteed guys, promise".

Shredderi

So tell me all you genji mains, what is it that specifically makes you main genji? It's pretty rare for me to see people really maining anyone but I do see people maining genji more than any other character. Tell me what led to this? Is it just because you saw that he is so fucking good if you practice with him enough? Is he fun? Is he fun because playing as him leads to wins? Fuck genji.

Kuro

Blizzard keeps buffing people that dont need buffs aka Widow spamming shots now because of faster charge. Way to reward bodyshots Blizz. Almost every match has a spamming Widow now.

Veelk

Banned
Blizzard keeps buffing people that dont need buffs aka Widow spamming shots now because of faster charge. Way to reward bodyshots Blizz. Almost every match has a spamming Widow now.

Oh yeah, because Widow is now such an effective character.

I do agree that they're going about the wrong way in buffing widow, but Widowmaker is by far the weakest character in the entire game. If the old girl is spamming body shots, it's because it's the only way she can contribute to the team.

komaruR

150 hours logged on PC, but I'm trying the PS4 trial out of curiosity.

First game: 19-0 as D.Va, four gold medals, two Self Destruct triples.

I know I shouldn't take pride in that, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel really good.

dont forget, you're playing with other low lv 1-10. unless they are smurf theres not much challenge until you meet more experience players.

It's been a few days and people still don't hack health packs. Stop rushing to pick the new character if you aren't going to bother learning them. Some idiot level 300+ moron had the audacity to tell someone they are a better Sombra and they should let him play, considering he was 300+ the guy agreed and what do you know they guy was complete trash and didn't hack a single health pack around our points or use the EMP when needed..

The key to getting good at any game is admitting when you are shit at it so you can start improving in the areas you are shit in. Idiot Overwatch players.
did you call that guy out?

Shredderi

What in the motherfuck is up with Roadhog's hook? I do everything right and hook Mercy and I have the firing buttong down so it will fire the first available frame and fucking mercy with no shield or armor survives. This happens multiple times. Why?

antitrop

What in the motherfuck is up with Roadhog's hook? I do everything right and hook Mercy and I have the firing buttong down so it will fire the first available frame and fucking mercy with no shield or armor survives. This happens multiple times. Why?

Melee after the shot.

Putting some more time into Sombra via quick play and I dig her for defense but not so much attack.
I basically spend the vast majority of my time sprinting cloaked to notable health packs, hacking them and only bothering to pick on the weaker chaps via the passive opportunist ability, I don't tend to have much luck if I actively engage like playing any other attack character.
So yeah that angle works well for defense but not so much on attack.

after a lifetime of playing console shooters I suppose

That and when my most played console FPS games are Perfect Dark and Goldeneye it's like "what novelty is this? twin stick aim? how delightful!"

Fancolors

I don't know if they fixed it or not, but there is a trick with the hook to make every target come closer: While your hooked target is coming to you move you mouse to the right and strafe to the left.

exYle

So tell me all you genji mains, what is it that specifically makes you main genji? It's pretty rare for me to see people really maining anyone but I do see people maining genji more than any other character. Tell me what led to this? Is it just because you saw that he is so fucking good if you practice with him enough? Is he fun? Is he fun because playing as him leads to wins? Fuck genji.

Genji doesn't play like any other hero in the game. There isn't much overlap between any two heroes in terms of gameplay style and strengths/weaknesses, but Genji is by far the greatest outlier. No other hero rewards smart positioning, on the fly thinking, agility, and precise aim like he does. Similarly, few other heroes have such a high skill floor AND skill ceiling. When you get in the groove with him, you feel like a fucking ninja, it's a lot of fun.

Plus weebs

For the record, I don't main Genji despite my avatar, and I haven't played him seriously since his nerf, but I have probably over 30 hours on him and they were some of my most enjoyable times in the game.

antitrop

Genji doesn't play like any other hero in the game. There isn't much overlap between any two heroes in terms of gameplay style and strengths/weaknesses, but Genji is by far the greatest outlier. No other hero rewards smart positioning, on the fly thinking, agility, and precise aim like he does. Similarly, few other heroes have such a high skill floor AND skill ceiling. When you get in the groove with him, you feel like a fucking ninja, it's a lot of fun.
Genji is the push destroyer. He's the one diving the back lines and killing the supports so the rest of the team falls like dominoes. It's very satisfying to watch an entire enemy push crumble to pieces with good positioning and a well-timed Swift Strike.

On the rare occasion I play Genji I try doing all the fancy shit good Genji's wreck me with and instead I'm swift striking the air next to someone, flailing during dragonblade and botching my attempts to bait shots and deflect.
I end up feeling like a right ninja dog.

Shredderi

I think Genji has too much theoretical power. That is too much power in one person's hand. Genji needs a superhard counter that he can't ever get away from. Like a character who has a "kill genji from 50ft distance" button. Sometimes I just want to force a Genji out of my match. I made an extremely small study among the three different groups I play with: do they think that the enemy team having a Genji affected negatively to their time with the game, even if they win and everyone, even the one Genji main admitted that yes, the presence of Genji made the game actively less fun regardless of the match outcome. Not every game needs a token super annoying character. Genji was a mistake. Yeah a good team can counter a genji. I play a lot in quickplay with randoms and if and when a decent(not even good, just decent) Genji player finds his way to soloQ then it's borderline impossible to counter him with random team. Been on both sides of the situation. A decent genji player on my side in soloQ is heaven sent and a quaranteed win even if one or two other players in our team is straight up sucking.

I'm so fucking angry at Genji and Genji mains with 50 hours with the character. I bet they go into soloQ because they very well know that they will most likely win if they stick to their golden fuckboi weeb. I swear to god I had a dream last month about having omnipotential hacking skills and deleted the character for eternity. First time in 10 years that I had a wet dream.
Kinda joking

Putting all the impotent rage aside, it's actually interesting to see myself hating this one character in this game possibly more than anything in any game before it.

Neoxon

I finally got my own copy on PS4. Who's willing to help me amass enough points to play Competitive after I finish my homework?

Fancolors

I think Genji has too much theoretical power. That is too much power in one person's hand. Genji needs a superhard counter that he can't ever get away from. Like a character who has a "kill genji from 50ft distance" button. Sometimes I just want to force a Genji out of my match. I made an extremely small study among the three different groups I play with: do they think that the enemy team having a Genji affected negatively to their time with the game, even if they win and everyone, even the one Genji main admitted that yes, the presence of Genji made the game actively less fun regardless of the match outcome. Not every game needs a token super annoying character. Genji was a mistake. Yeah a good team can counter a genji. I play a lot in quickplay with randoms and if and when a decent(not even good, just decent) Genji player finds his way to soloQ then it's borderline impossible to counter him with random team. Been on both sides of the situation. A decent genji player on my side in soloQ is heaven sent and a quaranteed win even if one or two other players in our team is straight up sucking.

I'm so fucking angry at Genji and Genji mains with 50 hours with the character. I bet they go into soloQ because they very well know that they will most likely win if they stick to their golden fuckboi weeb. I swear to god I had a dream last month about having omnipotential hacking skills and deleted the character for eternity. First time in 10 years that I had a wet dream.
Kinda joking

Putting all the impotent rage aside, it's actually interesting to see myself hating this one character in this game possibly more than anything in any game before it.

Winston kills Genji and the change to Zarya's beam makes it easier for her to do the same. A McCree who knows how to flashbang and has decent aim denies a lot of flanks.

Zarya feels so good to play now. That tracking.

Attack Junkrat in this version of the game honestly feels as trollish as attack Symmetra. All of the best characters in the game counter him like crazy.

Shredderi

Winston kills Genji and the change to Zarya's beam makes it easier for her to do the same. A McCree who knows how to flashbang and has decent aim denies a lot of flanks.

You're not wrong, but it just bums me out seeing yet another Genji in every match, once again forcing me to default to Winston. I'm like "Yay I wanna try another chara- oh, it's Genji again. Sigh, winston it is". I wish he would at least be a rarer pick instead of a mandatory one. I've made an actual list this week. I've played 37 matches this week so far, and in 35 of those matches there was a Genji. There was a Genji in 37 matches actually, but two of them was in the match for a small amount of time so I didn't count them.

exYle

I think Genji has too much theoretical power. That is too much power in one person's hand. Genji needs a superhard counter that he can't ever get away from.

Hi there.

If you're bummed out from having to play Winston all the time you should look up videos of Miro playing on YouTube. God-tier Winston. He makes him look like so much fun. Learn those strats and before long you'll be scoffing at Genjis

Shredderi

Hi there.

If you're bummed out from having to play Winston all the time you should look up videos of Miro playing on YouTube. God-tier Winston. He makes him look like so much fun. Learn those strats and before long you'll be scoffing at Genjis

Thanks man, I'll check that shit out now :)

Top Bottom