• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Everyone else has the same disadvantage, unless they're one of those weirdos that paid way too much money for a mouse/keyboard adapter.

Overwatch even feels bad for a console shooter, even though they've been tweaking it since launch. It was especially bad at launch, where I went from finishing DOOM right into Overwatch. DOOM felt fantastic to play on a controller, Overwatch just doesn't.
I played DOOM and obviously it feels tighter but I don't notice anything out of the ordinary for console Overwatch.

Zarya feels so good to play now. That tracking.

Attack Junkrat in this version of the game honestly feels as trollish as attack Symmetra. All of the best characters in the game counter him like crazy.
Agreed on both counts. Attack Junkrat is garbage.
Start by cranking up the sensitivity.
Only character I upped the sensitivity for is Winston and that was to be able to easily control leap. I can't imagine increasing the sensitivity for any other hero cause then you lose precision entirely.

The aim assist is fucking insane for the console version though. Turn the sensitivity all the way up, go to the practice range, turn in circles and watch as your reticle slows down entirely as soon as your cursor gets near a bot.

Like I get with all the different characters and movement options it needs some aim assist but it's silly when you see it in action.

Skii

Soldier is the new tank buster. A far better pick than Reaper now. He can engage at a much safer range than Reaper and has the benefit of Mercy boost. Soldier is definitely OP.

JHall

What in the motherfuck is up with Roadhog's hook? I do everything right and hook Mercy and I have the firing buttong down so it will fire the first available frame and fucking mercy with no shield or armor survives. This happens multiple times. Why?

For Mercy, Soldier, Ana, and others that have a strange hitbox. Walk forward after you hook them, then shoot them in the body.

The PC version is just as unplayable to people not used to M/KB.

Nah. Overwatch was my first real PC FPS and I transitioned OK.

I tried to play on PC and it felt fucking terrible.

Holy hell was that a shit show.

I played three quick play matches on PC and I was a disaster. Had to keep checking where my fingers were, people were bouncing all around (lag?) and it just generally sucked.

Super basic question here: For WASD controls should I be putting my middle finger on the "W"? I'm really, really not used to it so that felt the best but unsure what makes the most sense.

120 hour PS4 PalaceBrother could wipe the floor with 30 minute PC PalaceBrother. Yikes.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Soldier is the new tank buster. A far better pick than Reaper now. He can engage at a much safer range than Reaper and has the benefit of Mercy boost. Soldier is definitely OP.

He is actually slowly changing the meta, kind of in an odd way. I have seen more and more matches lately of 3-4 attackers(2 of which being obligatory Soldier and Sombra), two supports and 1 defensive(Mei, Torb). Tanks are slowly being phased out and when I see one their health is being melted fast between soldier and sombra. The Zarya nerf did not help with this either and Reinhardt finally deserves a buff to his shield after not needing a buff for a long time.

antitrop

Holy hell was that a shit show.

I played three quick play matches on PC and I was a disaster. Had to keep checking where my fingers were, people were bouncing all around (lag?) and it just generally sucked.

Super basic question here: For WASD controls should I be putting my middle finger on the "W"? I'm really, really not used to it so that felt the best but unsure what makes the most sense.

120 hour PS4 PalaceBrother could wipe the floor with 30 minute PC PalaceBrother. Yikes.

Index on D (to roll up to E), Middle on W (to roll back to S), Ring on A (to roll up to Q), Pinky on Shift (to roll back to Ctrl), Thumb on Space Bar.

malfcn

Should I jump in at $30?

I've got a buddy who plays this, but mostly against ai because he hates greifers etc. But sure how often we would get to play.

Likelihood of having fun?
I do enjoy playing competitive modes like Halo and Gears.

Nimby

Banned
Soldier is going to be the premier DPS this go around, vs. Reaper last meta. The amount of damage he puts out really hurts Reinhardt barrier, which is a very welcome change.

Sombra will take some time, but one very noticeable downside from her ultimate on the Monthly Melee is that it enables the enemy team to stockpile their ultimates. Every time Shadowburn used EMP the enemy team was left with 6 ultimates to use. Kinda scary.

TrueBlue

I'm finding it very hard to practice Sombra right now. She's always insta-locked in QP and No Limits is Sombra central. Not exactly good conditions for it.

exYle

I hacked 15 people without dying.

ebd.png

Did they change Roadhog's hook with the patch? I can't reliably take out Genji anymore after hooking him and it's driving me nuts. I don't know if I'm just having bad luck or if they changed something

V-Faction

Did my first 1v1 and 3v3 today. Both came down to the wire, very exciting. Very proud of my final game Mercy switch, including taking out the enemy Roadhog.

Prelude.

42 per bullet, which translates to 420 dps.

soldier like his weedos and coffee in the morning

edit: i actually think I'm right?

I assume buffs apply on the base damage, so in this case 20, and debuffs on the received damage, but I'm not sure.

Mercy buff = 30% of 20 = 6
Nano = 50% of 20 = 10
Discord = 30% of 36 = 10.8

20+6+10+10.8 = 47

It's 3AM math, I might be wrong.

Is Torb on console considered good now? I love using him.

His scrap rate is really fast and can support the team. His hammer speed still feels kind of slow to me. But his super is awesome, especially if you can bait opponents into the turret.

Is Torb on console considered good now? I love using him.

His scrap rate is really fast and can support the team. His hammer speed still feels kind of slow to me. But his super is awesome, especially if you can bait opponents into the turret.

Molten core is still god tier area of denial but the patch didn't change much except giving him more armor packs to throw out and having his turret not be an active detriment at times. He's better and I like playing him in QP but I wouldn't really call him good.

Genji doesn't play like any other hero in the game. There isn't much overlap between any two heroes in terms of gameplay style and strengths/weaknesses, but Genji is by far the greatest outlier. No other hero rewards smart positioning, on the fly thinking, agility, and precise aim like he does. Similarly, few other heroes have such a high skill floor AND skill ceiling. When you get in the groove with him, you feel like a fucking ninja, it's a lot of fun.

Plus weebs

For the record, I don't main Genji despite my avatar, and I haven't played him seriously since his nerf, but I have probably over 30 hours on him and they were some of my most enjoyable times in the game.

Yeah, to me Genji is easily the most enjoyable character to play in this game. He's just different, my best moments in this game were definitely with him, especially using the dash->kill->dash ability. And to think some people want this to be nerfed too...

Veelk

Banned
First off, HOLY FUCKING SHIT, SOME QP GAMES ARE SO BAD. That's basically what I've been playing since the patch and I know people still see it as practice mode so they don't care about team comp, but shit, some games are just heartbreaking.

I feel like I picked the worst time to learn to play tracer, but she's really weird. I feel I do good with her. I have such a strong tendency to stay alive just because I can actually escape fights now, more than with any other character I played. I need to learn how to time her bomb better, and also unlearn that I mapped her ult to L2 (usually, it's jump for me). Still, fun character. I'm just sad now that I'm evil like the rest. Atleast I still haven't decided to play Mei.

exYle

Yeah, to me Genji is easily the most enjoyable character to play in this game. He's just different, my best moments in this game were definitely with him, especially using the dash->kill->dash ability. And to think some people want this to be nerfed too...

You remember the combo days? Those were good days...

Owzers

Playing support can get really annoying with the Sombra and Tracer combo always trying to kill me. I'm not cut out for this Attack class world.

Enilced2

Anyone doing the nexus challenge or need someone for then nexus challenge? I want to try and sneak some games in towards the total

Fancolors

Man, I'm really enjoying this new ult economy. Even if I play Zarya and healers who were hit hard by the changes, I can at least keep track of enemy ults and know that if I throw my black hole, their Zenyatta will most likely not have Transcendece ready.

Molten core is still god tier area of denial but the patch didn't change much except giving him more armor packs to throw out and having his turret not be an active detriment at times. He's better and I like playing him in QP but I wouldn't really call him good.

:mad:

I wish they didnt nerf his turrets so hard. I want to use him in ranked. I do, but feel guilty if we lose. But Ive also had some really great games with him.

Anne

just found out about the genji edge boost thing

are they ever going to patch it out or have they addressed they know about it and like having it in the game

They have known about it for a long time, and Blizz employees have said a couple times it will be patched. Still hasn't been patched though, and it's not all that hard to get consistent with it. I imagine once it becomes problematic on a larger scale they'll quickly address it?

Anyone know if they fixed the Sombra/Lucio bug yet?

Man, I'm really enjoying this new ult economy. Even if I play Zarya and healers who were hit hard by the changes, I can at least keep track of enemy ults and know that if I throw my black hole, their Zenyatta will most likely not have Transcendece ready.

I think I like it too. Makes it less a game about stacking 3 ults for a team fight, and more positioning, 1v1 kills, and well timed agression

molnizzle

What are you guys talking about with changes? I've been playing for a while (casually) and the game feels exactly the same.

komaruR

lol people are silly in 1v1 (and 3v3) doing teabagging after kill.
the guy get what he deserves when I won that 1v1 match lol

Top Bottom