• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

xaosslug

TheExodu5

Banned
Some heroes, especially Lucio, are difficult for me to play well since I'm a low sensitivity player. I'm debating having varying sensitivities per character but that might throw my aim off for the more aim crucial heroes.

ramyeon

I'm getting a ps4 pro today.

Kinda considering getting ps4 Overwatch.

I have a sickness.
Got my PS4 Pro today too, although I already played PS4 Overwatch - add me!

Btw how difficult or time consuming does it take to get the Genji Oni skin? I have no experience with MOBA and no friends that play HotS.

komaruR

The guy who made the Lucio King of Swing video recently moved to PC and blew others criticisms about how it was only because console out the fucking window

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcA3cCQfe3s
its like the opposite of what people were commenting him about. man being a good lucio on console and being proficient with the controller it just shows he got good gaming sense + control. that can easily translate to another platform once you get use to the control style.
I'm getting a ps4 pro today.

Kinda considering getting ps4 Overwatch.

I have a sickness.

reverse darkside!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Got my PS4 Pro today too, although I already played PS4 Overwatch - add me!

Btw how difficult or time consuming does it take to get the Genji Oni skin? I have no experience with MOBA and no friends that play HotS.

Nah not going to get it now, maybe later on, but i don't want to get a new console only to play a game I've been playing for months already. :p

Anne

I love wall skating but there's not much point to do so in battle in my experience. I just use it to cross gaps other heroes can't.

I've had conversations with some of the best Lucios in the world that go something like, "Why are these guys spending so much time wall skating when it does nothing at all?" It's cute for montage clips and occasionally pretty useful, but most of the time it's just fluff these days.

Celegus

Whoa you can get 3 free boxes a week from arena? Haven't tried it until tonight, that's awesome! Mei seems super busted in that 3v3 mode.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've had conversations with some of the best Lucio's in the world that go something like, "Why are these guys spending so much time wall skating when it does nothing at all?" It's cute for montage clips and occasionally pretty useful, but most of the time it's just fluff these days.

It makes you harder to hit. Unless someone thinks wall skating is following the fixed path and not what it actually is which is jumping between geometry to keep momentum and juke shots

Blues1990

Yh it's ridiculous, honestly it's actually somewhat insane the amount of stealth capping I've seen recently in hanamura. I understand grouping up at the top but still keep an eye out at the objective guys, if a guy solo stealth caps up to a checkpoint that's potentially saved one team push for the enemy.

It makes it worse when your teammates don't believe you. Trust me, this has happened on many occasions, and I had to abandon my team to deal with the "Solid Snakes" that pull off this shit.

My pleasure. Also, once you become comfortable with the games mechanics, don't be afraid to try out the other heroes in Practice Range.

Anne

It makes you harder to hit. Unless someone thinks wall skating is following the fixed path and not what it actually is which is jumping between geometry to keep momentum and juke shots

I mean, okay? There are usually better things you can be doing with your positioning. Like I said sometimes it lets you move in a way you need to in order to deal with a situation, but those moments are p rare. I'm going to trust the pros on that one.

Also remember Pookz on NRG? Dude was one of those Lucios that wall rode excessively when he could have been positioning better on the ground. He died too much for it and missed out on other things like free damage or boops.

Alucrid

Banned
I mean, okay? There are usually better things you can be doing with your positioning. Like I said sometimes it lets you move in a way you need to in order to deal with a situation, but those moments are p rare. I'm going to trust the pros on that one.

Also remember Pookz on NRG? Dude was one of those Lucios that wall rode excessively when he could have been positioning better on the ground. He died too much for it and missed out on other things like free damage or boops.

and look where wall riding got him, right off of nrg's roster

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

As I've said before in this thread, no one in here is sponsored and no one in here is playing against pros. It's a different game and it's the issue with this game where people in other rankings are screaming 'that's not meta'

ramyeon

Okay screw it, I'm downloading Heroes of the Storm to get this damn skin. I have no idea where to start with this game, hopefully someone is keen to group up and take on some beginnner level AI together.

Anne

As I've said before in this thread, no one in here is sponsored and no one in here is playing against pros. It's a different game and it's the issue with this game where people in other rankings are screaming 'that's not meta'

I mean, you don't have to be a sponsored or pro player to know shit about the game. Even at like gold or plat level it's better to position for boops/damage than to wall ride most of the time. The only difference is sometimes you get to live longer before you get CCed or something.

Like, I get you don't like when people talk about the game from a perspective of being in a skilled environment, but you can at least acknowledge what's actually good and what's kind of just a gimmick.

The best PS4 player is worse than bronze PC players
I don't believe that. I'm only plat/gold on ps4 and I was doing pretty well in the PC free weekend. Granted, I was going against low level people but I'd put money that me or you would be able to outplay a PC bronze player.

Oh unless you mean controller vs. Kb/m. In which case I'd still disagree with you but it would definitely be much closer.

ISOM

Is it ok to be annoyed when people go gr after they had a good round or am I just being salty? Had one guy who said gg but corrected himself and said gr but I was like both are just bming.

Celegus

Okay screw it, I'm downloading Heroes of the Storm to get this damn skin. I have no idea where to start with this game, hopefully someone is keen to group up and take on some beginnner level AI together.

There are plenty who are in it just for that, no worries. I didn't think I'd like the game at all when I started last year but man... it's amazing.

Redmoon

Finally got up to 50% w/r in comp. D.va working her magic on this system for me, and hopefully she can keep that high w/r going with her.

Too bad there isn't alot of time left for S2. I could see her bringing me to Diamond if I had more time.
I dont play alot of comp

ramyeon

There are plenty who are in it just for that, no worries. I didn't think I'd like the game at all when I started last year but man... it's amazing.
Is it easy to get into? I have no experience with MOBA except trying to learn LoL and being thoroughly confused.

Dreavus

Is it easy to get into? I have no experience with MOBA except trying to learn LoL and being thoroughly confused.

There's a "welcome to heroes of the storm" video in the blizzard launcher right now that's actually a decent run down of what the game is about. The tutorial is boring but also pretty good for teaching you how to play. There are no items so from that standpoint there's less you need to know, but there's the ever-present "what does that enemy hero even do" phase when you need to get a sense of what the other heroes are capable of.

The game is easier to get into than other MOBAs IMO.

I hate hots but I will say having no items is so nice. Some people may like that aspect but I hated it.

Monday Night Combat still the best moba ever tho

Catdaddy

So what is the population like in XB1? Doing the free weekend and regularly getting 1+ minute wait.

I have the game on PS4 and rarely waiting more than 30 seconds.

Point B, Hanamura, defense.

I'm Harambe and I see this Pharrah trying to come in from the outdoor balcony. I then remember my wild monkey instincts and start leaping wildly at this Pharrah into the air, zapping her as I go along my way, and end up chasing her all the way back to the Attacker's spawn, up on top of the pagoda for point A (was sliding along geometry zapping at her), ultimately culminating in a *Pharrah* falling to her death off the side of the stage. The entire rest of the match I kept leaping at her, and you could smell her fear.

Match ends, and I get messages of terror and fear of my high jumping gorilla antics. Next match, well they played Symmetra, and what better to ruin a turret placer's day than a zap happy gorilla?

They ended up sending me a friend request lmao.

I-hate-u

Amazing.

Fantastic song choice too!

He switches songs a lot. Is that to make his movement more unpredictable?

You use speed boost to do the fancy wall climbs to be impossible to hit,favorable position to lay damage/heal allies, or to rush an enemy down, then you switch back to healing.

A good Lucio is balancing all of that in their head, and when you're in a frantic team fight the song switches is the difference between losing and winning. That's why I say a good Lucio is the "leader" or playmaker of the team.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
One thing I've really noticed with the recent pro matches is that they're super scrappy as hell.

Also zappis is the god of flex.

Top Bottom