• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

demented

Finally jumped in competitive! Done my first placement match and only got 10 points lol. Guess I ain't getting much until the end of this season.

komaruR

Just started playing on PC. Played the beta on PS4 and liked it, but wanted to try it on PC before purchasing because I prefer to relax on my couch with a controller instead of using mouse/kb. They're getting my money.

So a question: what characters should I be playing? I've been using mostly Zenyatta, Lucio, and a bit of Junkrat. All feel good on pad. I tried Ana because I liked the abilities, but sniper on pad without the auto aim from the consoles ain't great. What other characters would be good for a pad player on PC?

reinhart, winston, symmetra, mei, mercy, reaper

Wounded

What characters do you play?

Though honestly I think people tend to overestimate the difficulty curve of going from console to PC. Especially in overwatch where there are quite a number of characters where the skill comes from gamesense and overall game knowledge moreso than aiming.

Also part of the fun is getting better.

I haven't even really decided yet. I like playing Mercy quite a bit since healing is something that doesn't require precise aim but I'm a fan of Sombra and D.Va too. And you're probably right regarding betting better. Maybe if I improve at this I can play other PC fps' haha.

The console version is 60fps 99.8% of the time

Oh yeah I know the performance is really good, it's just my monitor is 100hz so I have the benefit of that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say mercy does get benefit for being reasonably good at aiming, because the best mercies juggle between dealing damage and healing, but yeah, I think you'll be fine. DVa benefits for from being good at tracking but she's not super precise.

Zomba13

Anyone having frame rate drops since the latest patch on PC? I was getting 69-70 consistently (except for a locked 60 in menus) but now I'm not. I've got the settings to how they were before but now in big fights I'm getting 10+ fps drops and am not sure why.

I'd say mercy does get benefit for being reasonably good at aiming, because the best mercies juggle between dealing damage and healing, but yeah, I think you'll be fine. DVa benefits for from being good at tracking but she's not super precise.
I only fire Mercy's gun if I've got absolutely nothing else to do, which is very rarely the case.

komaruR

my 1hr of mercy

NsSTt1E.png

i have no shame :(
im a battle mercy lol

Antiwhippy

Seeing how good soldier is now I'm looking forward to seeing carryhook emerging.

Envyus will probably look for a lucio shotcaller to replace talespin.

Apharmd

What the hell is going on this weekend? Everyone i've been grouped up with save one game has been consistently horrible. No mikes, no grouping up, dropping down from 2480 to 2300 and I am just leaking points.

Kito

I think that when my computer gets hot, it affects my wireless chip, giving me horrible ping in Overwatch. I could be making a false correlation between temperature and ping though.

What the hell is going on this weekend? Everyone i've been grouped up with save one game has been consistently horrible. No mikes, no grouping up, dropping down from 2480 to 2300 and I am just leaking points.
I'm in that same range. What platform are you on?

PS4. I think I'm done. I just lost two quick play games in a row too, just got utterly blown out.
I'm on ps4 too, I've been grouping up with gaffers a lot recently and every game has been fairly close.

Psychoward23 if you wanna shoot me a FR

Actually I'll be on tonight after 10pm est for a while since I don't have work tomorrow

Skii

Sombra is just so good on defence. I've played her twice now with a full hold on first point. Ended up gold elims with 15-16 and 0 deaths each time.

Well, she's as much a defense hero as McCree is. She's like the Hanzo of offense
What do you mean? McCree is equally good on offense as he is on defense imo. He's just a pure dps dude. Hanzo I don't know which side he's better on since I usually just play him in qp but that's on defense.

I just think her health pack hacking is much better on defense.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, I've played with hanzos at my level that are pretty effective.

Honestly, hanzo isn't a bad pick. I'll take having him as a teammate over a lot of other characters.

Yesterday we had a sombra on our team and we could not get it to the first point on gibraltar. I asked if he could change, he went hanzo, and we went all the way.

I dunno, I've played with hanzos at my level that are pretty effective.

Honestly, hanzo isn't a bad pick. I'll take having him as a teammate over a lot of other characters.
Yeah, like I get why the Hanzo hate exists but I doubt a platinum Hanzo is gonna be the same as a 3 stack Hanzo in qp. His ability set is pretty good and he can dish out great dps.
Hanzo is pretty much only used offensively in high level play. Same for Widow.
Huh, why's that?

ElyrionX

Someone said earlier Ana is the best healer in the game. What? Am I doing something wrong with her? I can't even get gold for healing with Ana when there is a Lucio on my team.

Someone said earlier Ana is the best healer in the game. What? Am I doing something wrong with her? I can't even get gold for healing with Ana when there is a Lucio on my team.

She's the best healer in the game if you're really good with her.

Probably doesn't really apply to most people here.

xaosslug

peeps need to embrace Junkrat and his kit, tbh. Junkrat's trap & mine are great ways to shut down a nanoboost. And Junkrat's suicide bomb may often be ignored, but it's a great way to get a team wipe w/ Zarya in lieu of an ult/in a pinch.

Top Bottom