• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

What would you suggest for another buff for the "Swedish" dwarf? A part of his offensive tool kit his turret, so it's important to not go overboard with the damage buffs for either.

Yeah that's the issue right? Most people would say he's not viable but I'm not sure how to improve him without making his turret a complete annoyance for enemy players.

The scrap regenerating and turrets not generating ult charge are both great changes though. I'm not sure honestly what to do to improve him, I'm not the one who gets paid for this stuff lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm kind of the opposite in that my hatred for junkrat makes me wish they would buff him more just to make all the junkrat mains I get at least more useful.

I'm kind of the opposite in that my hatred for junkrat makes me wish they would buff him more just to make all the junkrat mains I get at least more useful.

wouldn't do anything

Genji is damn good but that won't stop Ninja69XxXMomBanger69 from sucking any less with him

darklin0

Banned

Can't wait for the games where the JR main says he has gold on damage and wont switch out after a Pharah kills him over and over again. Oh wait...

Veelk

Banned

You know, I don't even disagree with that, weirdly enough. He might be more useful if his grenades had a larger effect radius or something. Maybe up the HP of his tire so it isn't destroyed so easily. But he is annoying.

I don't know. I feel conflicted. My mind says he isn't overpowered in any way, but my heart says "Fuck the 'rat"

Well his sitting emote is pretty sexy.

So I can't blame you there.

tumblr_oc4x2qwJ6v1rq27hyo1_500.png

Veelk

Banned
whoever was talking about their leet symmetra skills yesterday/today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1Ook-1f2E

...I... kinda wanna play sym now?

Symmetra was a character I always thought was underrated. Or, atleast under appreciated for how effective she could be in her niche.

Her ray gun had a serious handicap in how it needed to be charged, but if you managed to get that charge up, and if you managed to sneak up on the enemy in some way, then they were in for a bad time. Enemies also had a habit of underestimating her, since, who plays symmetra, right?

The problem is that relied on them not noticing you. This made Symmetra more of a ninja character than Genji. If the enemy team took you seriously at all, then she was fairly easy to dispose of. But I've had games where I teamkilled by myself. Many ulting genji's have fallen at my feet. I've swatted Tracers like flies. If you managed to kill D.Va's Mech, then D.Va had no hope of escaping the beam. Lucio's could have fun jumping all over the objective, they weren't escaping the beam.

She did need a rework, but she wasn't nearly as ineffective as people say, atleast on a more casual level.

Edit: I lost my shit at "Character design"

Banzai

I need to make 100 points today to reach diamond or the dream is dead. Of course i could just as likely Drop by that much. Place your bets!

Blues1990

Yeah that's the issue right? Most people would say he's not viable but I'm not sure how to improve him without making his turret a complete annoyance for enemy players.

The scrap regenerating and turrets not generating ult charge are both great changes though. I'm not sure honestly what to do to improve him, I'm not the one who gets paid for this stuff lol

I feel Torbjorn on his own can be effective, as his secondary fire is pretty powerful in CQC, while his primary fire can take out squishies from afar.

Maybe improve the durability of his turret? Especially since Soldier 76 can now tear it apart without much of a fuss.

Well his sitting emote is pretty sexy.

So I can't blame you there.

Roadhog's is the best. You can literally sit on anyone with it.

whoever was talking about their leet symmetra skills yesterday/today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN1Ook-1f2E

...I... kinda wanna play sym now?

Symmetra is an effective hero, but that boils down to how stupid/well coordinated the enemy team is. Anyone with half a brain will stay away from her & focus on taking her out from afar, & they'll try to avoid fighting her in enclosed spaces.

ramyeon

Got my Genji skin! Only took a few hours all up and actually had a lot of fun doing it.

Now to actually play him again. Been ages since I used him.

Cappa

Banned
Do the placement matches take into account your SR with which you finish the season, your season high, or a little of both?

Antiwhippy

This is way closer than it has any right to be. Envyus doing pretty well considering having to work with someone new and not having a lucio main.

Antiwhippy

Nano visor is way too fucking strong to not run soldier, damn.

It's also way too strong to not run dva to counter it.

Do the placement matches take into account your SR with which you finish the season, your season high, or a little of both?

I'm sure its either that or your actual player level. I've done placement matches twice this season because i have a second account i use when i play with friends that suck or after i've had a few beers :p
Anyway, i think how it works is by assigning you an estimated rank based off your player level, then adjusts according to your placement performance.
E.g. if you're a level 300 player it may start you on 2500 before placement then move you up or down, where as if youre a level 25 you may only start on 2000.
Its only a theory but during placements on my main account (level 270 - SR 60 last season) i played terrible and placed at 2800 but on my second account (level 25) i played 10 fantastic games but only place at 2450.

Anne

D.Va looking crazy good right now. Pharah picks failed on multiple maps and segments. I actually don't get why they committed so hard to the Pharah dive strats after they were already behind. She needs a lot of momentum.

New player here who's tried (and loved) Overwatch over this weekend. Is there a database or guide of sorts that can help me better acclimate to how I should play, which characters I should run as someone who's used to the COD style of playing, character tiers, map choke points, etc?

At this point I have had the most success with Soldier, but I haven't spent nearly enough time with like 90%+ of the other characters.

Antiwhippy

Like, am I crazy in thinking that if people played more mei this wouldn't be a problem?

Mei = Big problem for roadhog, DVa and reinhardt. I get that soldier is a big thing now and esca is their mei player but trying to mirror just seems... inefficient?

I'm even surprised that TVIQ persisted so long with pharah.

Hell, recry and zappis played her pretty effectively.

Anne

Like, am I crazy in thinking that if people played more mei this wouldn't be a problem?

Mei = Big problem for roadhog, DVa and reinhardt. I get that soldier is a big thing now and esca is their mei player but trying to mirror just seems... inefficient?

I'm even surprised that TVIQ persisted so long with pharah.

I kinda agree. I think Mei is pretty good into these teams.

I'm busy sitting here being really sad that McCree is really bad into the current teams I'm seeing. I guess I'll be on Soldier/Mei a whole lot more.

Greddleok

I'm kinda glad Soldier is taking McCree's place. I rarely enjoy playing McCree. Also, with the damage buff to 76, I might finally get his ult trophy.

Top Bottom