• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Dummy: "You cant sum up the Overwatch fanbase in one image, its too diverse"
Me:
CxylyexXUAAwArf.jpg

AbaFadi

Banned
how comfortable of using kb/m are you? I'm not talking about mouse precision but just laying your hands on a kb's wasd, spacebar for jump etc. if you're fine with it, I don't think you'll do too bad. you'll probably reach gm once you get proficient on the change of controls.

remember that dspstanking vindication video? well he did said he used to play a bit of pc games so he's no stranger to kb/m but his keys setup for lucio is really weird (jump= M2, spacebar = crossfade, shift=amp up). but since he already use an unothodox control on console, it just means he's capable of adapting to weird controls too.

I've never played an FPS with kb/m, but I'm pretty proficient in terms of using a keyboard for playing other types of games (MMO's, lot of RPG games), and know keyboard layout pretty well. I'm going to be buying parts for a new computer this Black Friday, probably an $800-$1000 build since that's all I can afford.

Danj

Is there any way to get better/easier/more closely matched matchups on 1v1 arcade? It's the only mode where I haven't earned my free lootbox yet but I always lose heavily.

Is there any way to get better/easier/more closely matched matchups on 1v1 arcade? It's the only mode where I haven't earned my free lootbox yet but I always lose heavily.

It ain't worth it bruh. That queue is full of teabagging tryhards. I gave it maybe two shots and quickly realized that it's just not fun.

komaruR

I've never played an FPS with kb/m, but I'm pretty proficient in terms of using a keyboard for playing other types of games (MMO's, lot of RPG games), and know keyboard layout pretty well. I'm going to be buying parts for a new computer this Black Friday, probably an $800-$1000 build since that's all I can afford.
then you shouldn't have much trouble. don't forget to get a mouse with good sensor and ergonomic for your hand. go shop around and watch youtube reviews. rocketjumpninja on yt has great mouse reviews.
don't think there's any mm in 1v1 atm (not until bliz decide to make a 1v1 rank mode or something). its either get good or ask your opponent to give you a win for the loot?
anyway, you should keep at it to train your skills. when you do start getting wins it'll probably means you improved alot since you started.

AbaFadi

Banned
then you shouldn't have much trouble. don't forget to get a mouse with good sensor and ergonomic for your hand. go shop around and watch youtube reviews. rocketjumpninja on yt has great mouse reviews.

don't think there's any mm in 1v1 atm (not until bliz decide to make a 1v1 rank mode or something). its either get good or ask your opponent to give you a win for the loot?
anyway, you should keep at it to train your skills. when you do start getting wins it'll probably means you improved alot since you started.

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

I think there might be some form of mmr in 1v1. Me and my friends were able to play against each other repeatedly by searching at the same time. We're all around the same SR in ranked, not sure if that matters or if it's looking at something else.

Chance

Damn those are much nicer than the Funko Pops

Is there any way to buy one directly? Or at least to see each figure I could possibly get?

I would buy the crap out of Tracer and Mercy, but I don't mess with blind boxes. Blizz is already on the wrong side of gambling with buying loot boxes lol.

Danj

It ain't worth it bruh. That queue is full of teabagging tryhards. I gave it maybe two shots and quickly realized that it's just not fun.

Well, it's fun when you're winning, when I played it on the PTR I won and got called a hacker. But I guess they tweaked it somehow between being on the PTR and being live because I keep losing.

But yeah I guess just for one extra lootbox it's not worth the effort. And if there's no matchmaking I guess that explains why I always lose!

Is there any penalty for quitting arcade games? Cos I've been doing that a bit with the 1v1s.

Chance

No, and she never will IMO. She requires a lot of precision, and that's pretty hard with a controller.

I had a game shut right down by a golden gun Widow on PS4. She was monstrous and unstoppable (her entire team seemed like they were there to support her), and I hope I never meet her again.

NeoRaider

I personally would never be able to play Widow with the controller. I mean, i am struggling with my mouse when trying to kill some heroes (tiny and fast ones). I can only imagine how much pain in the ass she can be with the controller.

I wonder who else is hard to play on consoles?? I guess Ana, Hanzo, McCree... i heard many ppl mentioning Tracer too?

Chance

I personally would never be able to play Widow with the controller. I mean, i am struggling with my mouse when trying to kill some heroes (tiny and fast ones). I can only imagine how much pain in the ass she can be with the controller.

I wonder who else is hard to play on consoles?? I guess Ana, Hanzo, McCree... i heard many ppl mentioning Tracer too?

Tracer's definitely a challenge but also my #1 girl atm. I have a lot more trouble with Ana, Hanzo and McCree, but I've alsk met some players who were amazeballs with 'em.

Skii

Tracer is easier to play on consoles because it's a lot harder to hit her. The main way to shut her down on PC is getting a headshot which can be a struggle on console.

I mean, there is heavy aim assist on console. I have no problem with McCree and enjoy him a lot. Hanzo isnt bad either.

Dont play Ana much, but it's difficult with the aim assist when you're trying to heal an enemy who is in the midst of battling an opponent.

But, precision aside, is she considered any good?

It really seems like defenders in this game are not too viable. bastion, torb, widowmaker all seem less desirable, but I want to play these guys the most in ranked because I always avoid them out of fear of angering my team

Yay!

IKOC6S8.png

So happy. Her best skin.
I love the body of that and Augmented but hate how her hair looks. Gonna rock Noche until any event skins

Ana isn't too bad but I don't snipe with her, I stay in the back of team fights and hip fire with her so it's pretty hard to miss. Hanzo isn't bad at all because his arrows have a lot of magnetism. McCree is easier on PC yeah, Tracer I actually found easier on console though because the enemies can't 180 as quickly.

I had a game shut right down by a golden gun Widow on PS4. She was monstrous and unstoppable (her entire team seemed like they were there to support her), and I hope I never meet her again.

Did it look like the player was using a mouse when you saw the kill-cam?

I find McCree hard to play, but you see him very frequently on comp.

Hanzo is 50/50, using him is suprisingly easy at times, when you are landing headshots left and right, and then there are times when it seems you can't connect a single arrow lol. I don't use him in comp though (only when the game is already lost because of leavers), because people still see him as a troll pick.

With Ana you don't have auto-aim on your teammates so being able to shoot your team's Genji/Pharah/Tracer can be a pain.

Tracer is not hard at all IMO, especially because sometimes it seems like no one can hit you.

Tracer is easier to play on consoles because it's a lot harder to hit her. The main way to shut her down on PC is getting a headshot which can be a struggle on console.

Yeah, this.

I mean, there is heavy aim assist on console.

The auto-aim in the dual-zone mode is absurdly strong, and also very unreliable. Sometimes the game aims by itself, and in others it doesn't let you do small adjustments to your aim.

Danj

Aaaand I'm back down to the 1300s.

For the losing streak thing, does Overwatch "remember" that you lost last time? Is there a "cooling-off" period that makes it not count as a streak, and if so how long is that?

AbaFadi

Banned

Probably mouse and keyboard. Any good widow on console is probably using m/kb. There are a lot of good McCree's on console that use controller. Hanzo is decent on controller, but I haven't seen too many really good Hanzo's aside from a few.

Sullichin

Someone nanoboosted me as Zenyatta. Maybe by mistake. My first instinct was to ult, but I'm glad I immediately realized that wouldn't be very helpful.
Holy fuck his orbs of destruction are good when nanoboosted.

Does anybody have some good tips on when to use Sombra's ult? I've yet to see it used effectively except to counter a Lucio shield.

Make sure your team is near you at least to help push, otherwise it's worthless.

Speaking of, just bought d.va's "no hacks required" voice line

gonna spam it every time I get matched up with a shitty sombra in comp.

eek5

letting people pick Sombra in comp was a mistake

That sucks. People haven't even been picking sombra in my QP matches because it usually works out very poorly lol

Aaaand I'm back down to the 1300s.

For the losing streak thing, does Overwatch "remember" that you lost last time? Is there a "cooling-off" period that makes it not count as a streak, and if so how long is that?

It keeps track of winning streak so I'm assuming it does for losing as well. My friend played with us over 3 nights and he'd always leave before we lost so on the third day he was getting like 50-60 SR a game. :\

NeoRaider

Imo. they will have to do something with Sombra.

At first i was very positive about her, but not anymore like i used to be. Imo. she is troll pick rn. and she is just too weak if not surrounded by the teammates, and only few want to do that. She can hack health packs? Ok fine, but that's about it.

Tracer is much better pick. Don't get me wrong i love Sombra as a character but she is not good enough to be competitive imo.

At first i was very positive about her, but not anymore like i used to be. Imo. she is troll pick rn. and she is just too weak if not surrounded by the teammates, and only few want to do that. She can hack health packs? Ok fine, but that's about it.

Tracer is much better pick. Don't get me wrong i love Sombra as a character but she is not good enough to be competitive imo.
yep she kinda blows

The fact that I was worried about her being OP is hilarious

I don't think they need to touch her health or DPS but maybe make the beacon extension time something like 20 seconds and decrease the time needed to hack/increase the range

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

She still has potential with her kit but I do think she isn't very good. Hacking healtkits is powerful but beyond that and a big ult swing she feels very low impact on the match. I personally really dislike the feel of her gun and find it hard to really get much done with it, and the moment people turn and attack you basically need to tele out and try again.

yep she kinda blows

The fact that I was worried about her being OP is hilarious

I don't think they need to touch her health or DPS but maybe make the beacon extension time something like 20 seconds and decrease the time needed to hack/increase the range

I think she looked busted at blizzcon, I don't think we got the same version of her. Her smg SHREDDED people there.

Ensirius

With the free weekend being over, I have to say I had an absolute blast with this game. I'm so sad I'm broke right now and I can't afford the game, or else I would jump on it right now.

She still has potential with her kit but I do think she isn't very good. Hacking healtkits is powerful but beyond that and a big ult swing she feels very low impact on the match. I personally really dislike the feel of her gun and find it hard to really get much done with it, and the moment people turn and attack you basically need to tele out and try again.

I think she looked busted at blizzcon, I don't think we got the same version of her. Her smg SHREDDED people there.

hmm didn't watch much blizzcon, I was just worried about the concept

I hope if they buff her they don't just buff the SMG, that would be boring. Buff her utility and abilities instead

Edit: also I hope they change the sound of her SMG, she sounds too much like an enemy Bastion right now. They had no problem ruining Ana's rifle feedback sound so they might as well fix this to restore karma.

Skii

With the free weekend being over, I have to say I had an absolute blast with this game. I'm so sad I'm broke right now and I can't afford the game, or else I would jump on it right now.

Maybe hint at family to get it for you for Thanksgiving/Christmas. We'll probably have some new content to accompany December period.

It's really a great game for anyone that well...just loves games. You don't have to like FPSs to enjoy this.

I think that's really magical.

Top Bottom