• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

komaruR

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it.

I think there might be some form of mmr in 1v1. Me and my friends were able to play against each other repeatedly by searching at the same time. We're all around the same SR in ranked, not sure if that matters or if it's looking at something else.

do you live near your friend? it could be mm base on ping?

KLoWn

When you do the placement matches, does it take into account individual performance?
Like, if I lose all 10 matches but get gold in everything every match, does that affect anything?

I have been playing for the whole free weekend (PC) and finally made the decision and bought the game.

I have noticed that no one talks on mic during games. Am I just unlucky or thats just how it is?

antitrop

When you do the placement matches, does it take into account individual performance?
Like, if I lose all 10 matches but get gold in everything every match, does that affect anything?

Yes.

You can do all 10 placements with a group and everyone would end up with different SR.

I have been playing for the whole free weekend (PC) and finally made the decision and bought the game.

I have noticed that no one talks on mic during games. Am I just unlucky or thats just how it is?

More people talk in the competitive game mode. Not sure how much on PC but on PS4 there's usually at least 2 other people talking during gold ranked matches. The rate of voice chat seems to go up the better you are as well.

Of course Blizzard weirdly has an in-game group chat that auto-defaults to that instead of making groups talk in team chat so that can lower the amount of players talking. There's really no need for group chat when PSN/XBL parties exist and Blizzard has their own voice client on PC. Nothing sucks more than having a large group on your team that stays in group chat.

Skii

I don't know how you guys have enough competitive points for multiple golden guns... By the end of this season, I'll have less than 1000 CP lol. I guess it's my fault for swapping platforms but I don't understand how people are getting so many golden weapons :(

Ensirius

Maybe hint at family to get it for you for Thanksgiving/Christmas. We'll probably have some new content to accompany December period.

Thanks! I will wait until I can get it myself.

It's really a great game for anyone that well...just loves games. You don't have to like FPSs to enjoy this.

I think that's really magical.
Very true. Amd I could not even get into comptetive as it is locked for free weekend.

antitrop

I don't know how you guys have enough competitive points for multiple golden guns... By the end of this season, I'll have less than 1000 CP lol. I guess it's my fault for swapping platforms but I don't understand how people are getting so many golden weapons :(

Because it was way easier to get the max payout bonus in S1 than it is in S2. Rank 65 was only like low Diamond from this season and that was the full 300CP.

I got 2 gold guns in S1, but I'll only get one for this season. Unfortunately, I also swapped platforms, so my two gold guns from S1 are on PS4 and I don't play that account anymore.

I love playing with Ana.
Pretty much all the dps roles get taken in QP now as well and ive fallen out of my love for Zen. Ana is someone i dont think i can ever not play. Had 67 and 73 acc in my last match and took Numbani in just over 3min.

I want to get a Gold weapon for her.

I hope blizzard dont touch her.

More people talk in the competitive game mode. Not sure how much on PC but on PS4 there's usually at least 2 other people talking during gold ranked matches. The rate of voice chat seems to go up the better you are as well.

Of course Blizzard weirdly has an in-game group chat that auto-defaults to that instead of making groups talk in team chat so that can lower the amount of players talking. There's really no need for group chat when PSN/XBL parties exist and Blizzard has their own voice client on PC. Nothing sucks more than having a large group on your team that stays in group chat.

Ah, I am still too low level for competitive.

Will try to level up to lvl 25 then.

Thanks.

My next gun would definitely be for mei but I'm holding out for something better than gold guns.

By the time I get enough points for another gun, I hope something else other than gold comes out.

Flaming guns would be a nice generic version to introduce.

Now that I got my Ana gun, I'm torn between Lucio, Pharah, and Sombra for the next gun

DevilDog

By hitting high ranks mostly, master gives me +2000 CP.

On quick play or other non-competitive modes nobody talks since it is for messing around.
On comps people talk, and as you climb the ranks you rarely find people that don't use the mic, thankfully.

Skii

Because it was way easier to get the max payout bonus in S1 than it is in S2. Rank 65 was only like low Diamond from this season and that was the full 300CP.

I got 2 gold guns in S1, but I'll only get one for this season. Unfortunately, I also swapped platforms, so my two gold guns from S1 are on PS4 and I don't play that account anymore.

Oh that's why. I just want those golden guns for Reaper but I guess I'll have to wait until the end of season 3.

Am i the only one who doesn't give a fuck about the golden guns??

I personally don't care about them on me. But if I see them I generally assume the person is playing one of their mains and is serious with that char. Very rarely people buy golden guns on chars they don't know how to play

komaruR

Yes.

You can do all 10 placements with a group and everyone would end up with different SR.

yup. I can attest to that. And also you don't have to worry like say if you are grouping with a gold or silver tier friend and afraid the system may place you to that tier too.
I did my placement on my alt with 6 games with my low gold and later turned silver tier friend. I still got place to plat due to my performance. (sadly it was my smurf and i really want to be place lower so that I could play with him but can't after placement due to 1000 SR range limit)

Dreavus

how come sombra doesnt talk to anyone in spawn or talk about the map or anything

She doesn't? I haven't played enough recently to notice.

Didn't people datamine some voice lines from her/about her? Seems weird if none of them are in the game.

By the time the next hero is out maybe they'll get some of their voice talent back in for an update.

I like Roadhog's, that way people can see that gold hook coming right at them while their butthole clenches.

Did they change something with Hog? Can he not hook + shoot 200 hp enemies anymore to death? Did it with Mercy and Hanzo and they both still had health left. Thought the melee was overkill for those guys but I guess not.

antitrop

Did they change something with Hog? Can he not hook + shoot 200 hp enemies anymore to death? Did it with Mercy and Hanzo and they both still had health left. Thought the melee was overkill for those guys but I guess not.
I think they have been changing the hook in subtle, unannounced ways, but I haven't seen anyone prove it.

Celcius

°Temp. member
A 24 kill streak in one match (ran out of time) and a 16 kill streak in the following match. I think I'm starting to get the hang of Widowmaker :)

Salarians

Played comp with a Roadhog who thought jumping to their death and trying to hook one enemy to take down with them is a good idea. They even switched to Widow during the last round.

Cathcart

Damn, the free weekend ends in 45 minutes but it looks like the sale is already over on PS4 :( Was on the fence about buying but was about to go for it.

Oh well, hopefully there's a digital sale on Friday. Back to TF2 for now.

Sane_Man

Switched from PS4 to PC. Definitely a lot more fun, although low level games seem to play out the same way - defence wins 75% of the time. Hopefully as I level up it gets better in that regard.

Ana is super fun to play. Probably my new favourite.

I -think- I'm done with Comp for this season. I'm sitting on 2507 SR, which means I'll end the season in Platinum rank (even so just barely) so hopefully I get a more favorable start next season. My record is 105-100-8, so while I don't have a >50% win rate on Overbuff I still have more wins than losses which I'm okay with. On top of that, the CP reward for Platinum will give me enough for a golden gun (which I think I'm going to give to Junkrat, because hail Junkrat). So yeah...I think I'm good on competitive.

My final comp match (which put me back over 2500) was a good win - I was scared initially because it paired me with three golds and two other plats where I was the only prestiged person, and the other team was all plats and everyone was at least single prestige all the way up to four prestige. Just goes to show length of time playing the game has no direct impact on skill.

I stopped using Witch Mercy once I realized it doesn't actually look all that great.

I'm torn between continuing to use Witch Mercy because of the superior "My servants never die" voice line, or to go back to my Sigrun skin which looks superior.

Plesiades

So the bonus loot boxes for playing 1v1 and 3v3 were only a one time thing? I thought they were gonna rotate those to spread the playerbase a little bit.

Top Bottom