• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chance

sorry but the game wont die. Also complaining about upvoting healers or votings in general? why does it bother you? be happy that people play suppott at all...or do it yourself lol. now ive seen every complaint. Coming soon again: genji needs nerfs!!! mei sucks!!! kids are insulting me ;___; (you guys know about reporting right? it works temp bans for a day or more) where is Sombra? etc.

When I'm defense, DPS or tank, the support gets the vote. When I'm Zenyatta or Mercy, the Lucio or tank gets the vote. I appreciate it when folks actually try to assemble a good comp.

If a defense/dps blows my mind or keeps my Mercy shut down of course I'll give it to them, but that is a rare day.

Just had a great game with D.Va on Anubis. 4 golds. 46 elims, 27 objective and we held them on the last point to not have to do the draw overtime stuff.

And we started and mostly stayed with a fucked up comp while they had a clean 2/2/2.

Don't believe the meta hype when you're solo q, y'all.

Gold Elims (55)
Silver ObjK
Gold Objective Time
Silver DMG
73% Kill participation

lost the match

Teammates please😢😢😢

so.....Mei is pretty great eh <3 so fun
Aside from Tracer and RoadHog, the most fun.

Been trying a lot Reinhardt too and I think I am doing good in the objective numbers and protection, but I feel useless otherwise. Any expert on him with any recommendations?

Its not like we know for sure that Halloween stuff will be the same as the summer loot where you need to buy loot boxes. Stay optimistic.

I never let myself go on a big losing streak so it has been slow, but my overall rank has been on a huge decline over the past week. I was at 3346 and now I'm nearing the 3000 mark. feelsbadman. I need to group up with Lik, but he's back to Destiny :(

I was let down when Zenyatta didn't get an Olympics skin that let him fire medals at things, I'm hoping he gets a Halloween skin that shoots jack-o-lanterns, even though that's more likely to be given to Junkrat.

xaosslug

they can drop it mid-October, and have it end the day after Halloween or something. We didn't know anything about the Summer games until a few days before it dropped.

Since when is does ' last couple weeks of October' mean October 31st?

October 31st is still in October. :p
I don't think it will drop then, but it might, is my point.

Because I think they're going to reveal Halloween content along with Sombra on Oct 16/17, then are going to put it on PTR that same week, and release it to live a week later (which would be Oct 24).

KyleCross

one thing I dont get is, there's always be an event. so if u get the 22lv/loot box in this coming event then are you gonna mad lv to prestige just to get ready for the next?

It's timing, basically. I got close to prestiging around the time it became clear we're getting a Halloween event, so I've been taking breaks and taking it slow so I don't level as much, but it wasn't enough. I'm now level 202 and I had to stop cold turkey as a result. Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I want to get as much of the Halloween content as I can without having to buy lootboxes.
I have three PSN account on my PS4 that I use to play Overwatch, one of which is literally named "MercyMom". It's like a one-minute procedure to make a new PSN account and the you're good to go.
Wow, three? What's the story behind that? I'm thinking of focusing on Mercy with an alt account if I make one as well.

October 31st is still in October. :p
I don't think it will drop then, but it might, is my point.

Because I think they're going to reveal Halloween content along with Sombra on Oct 16/17, then are going to put it on PTR that same week, and release it to live a week later (which would be Oct 24).
I'd say something like that except one week earlier. Two weeks from Halloween skins/event to Halloween day sounds about right.

Just IMO of course.

Just had a great game with D.Va on Anubis. 4 golds. 46 elims, 27 objective and we held them on the last point to not have to do the draw overtime stuff.

And we started and mostly stayed with a fucked up comp while they had a clean 2/2/2.

Don't believe the meta hype when you're solo q, y'all.

I feel unbeatable on Defense as D.Va on Anubis B and Volskaya B (I honestly cannot remember ever losing on Volskaya B Defense as D.Va). I don't know why exactly, but I'm not complaining.

I dunno how my team won this match...or how these people can win any match in general

We had a suicidal Dva
We had a horrible WM
We had a suicidal Rein

Enemy had an Attack Sym
Enemy had a suicidal Tracer
Enemy had a McCree that can't aim and did Deadeye in the middle of the team during fights

The healers on both teams were more effective as DPS in some cases...

mollipen

Wow, three? What's the story behind that? I'm thinking of focusing on Mercy with an alt account if I make one as well.

Well, to be fair only one of those was created for Overwatch, and I did that to have an account where I'd do nothing but play Mercy (since I feel like it's been better for me to run other characters with the teams I've been getting in CP).

One is my main account, and the other is a more personal one I use for those times that I'm pissed that Sony still has given us no solution for changing our names. My main account is a name I've kind of moved on from.

Yeah. November is still autumn. What's your point? Blizzard has done Halloween events around the last couple of weeks of October before.

Earning Halloween events after Halloween would be so seriously lame.

You want to earn them leading up to the day so that you can be ready for said day. I mean, think about Christmas—festivities are all about leading up to the 25th, not continuing on after Xmas day is over.

xaosslug

I have three PSN account on my PS4 that I use to play Overwatch, one of which is literally named "MercyMom". It's like a one-minute procedure to make a new PSN account and the you're good to go.

so you have 3 PSN accounts w/ PS+ on them? Baller.

Plum

Won't have access to Overwatch regularly until at least next Summer (Uni summer break), but I do have my PS4. Should I get the PS4 digital version for £55 even though I already have it on PC. I can get about £20 trade in for the Bioshock collection which means I'll only be spending around £35 on PSN codes.

Hanamura attack:

I go Ana to pair with our Lucio who is in a group of two not in team chat, his partner goes Tracer. We take the first point with plenty of time left, me and the Reinhardt are talking and the other two are listening. It's all going well. Then Lucio leaves his group chat to tell me to switch off Ana because he hasn't gotten any heals from me yet, and go Zen. I tell him that i'm playing well (I somehow had gold eliminations at the time) and not to worry about me. He keeps fucking whining, not wanting to upset the team unity I go Zen to shut him up, he goes back into his group chat. We never end up getting the second point.

Next round he goes Mercy and his buddy goes Pharah, we put up a decent defense but they eventually won. I had gold damage and healing at the end with Ana and Zen, and the dude giving me shit had played Lucio and Mercy and his partner had gone two of the highest DPS characters in the game.

I was the problem??

Also had a horrible experience with a top 500 Genji. KOTH everyone was communicating and being friendly, we end up losing round one because of some mistakes and a clutch Reaper ult. Our Genji spends the next 5 minutes berating the Reinhardt for not stopping the Reaper. Everyone is fighting now, we lose the next round too. Genji blames me for not having the harmony orb on him. I finally plug in my mic to tell him to shut the fuck up and stop blaming everyone else. We lost. I think we would have won that one if it hadn't become so toxic.

Otherwise it was a fine day I think I went like net -30. But it was fun to play several games in a row for the first time in a while. Also met some really cool people and had some great games, it's not always assholes.

Won't have access to Overwatch regularly until at least next Summer (Uni summer break), but I do have my PS4. Should I get the PS4 digital version for £55 even though I already have it on PC. I can get about £20 trade in for the Bioshock collection which means I'll only be spending around £35 on PSN codes.
Why do you need to get digital?

And it's a great version of the game, so if you feel like you want to go ahead!

I'm getting the weirdest comp matches. None of these team comps make sense but it someone makes wins

Ana, Mercy, Junkrat, Pharah, Mei, Hanzo (my team)

vs

Zen, Mercy, Rein, 76, Hanzo, Winston

The pharah couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
The Mei kept icewalling the payload....
The Hanzo was only shooting quick fire arrows

Enemy Rein kept charging solo
Enemy Winston kept going after the useless pharah, but died every time on the way back.
Enemy Hanzo couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. Even his ult was aimed at a flying junkrat

I'm fine with wins but good grief these guys are horrible.

Claw my way up 200 points over a week. Fall 200 points in 3 days.

The worst part is that I literally have no idea what's going wrong - with my play, anyway. I refuse to just blame my teammates, but I'm struggling to figure out what I'm doing that's suddenly worse.

Plum

Why do you need to get digital?

And it's a great version of the game, so if you feel like you want to go ahead!

Overwatch isn't exactly a game I'd have in my console for days on end (like Bioshock was), like on PC it's played whenever I want to play it and having to swap discs and bring down my big disc holder (cause uni) every time that happened would become tedious rather quickly.

Yeah, I think I'll get it. What I played of the free weekend was only slightly worse than the PC version and I play the game so much anyway.

The worst part is that I literally have no idea what's going wrong - with my play, anyway. I refuse to just blame my teammates, but I'm struggling to figure out what I'm doing that's suddenly worse.

The thing that breaks me out of those slumps is usually concentrating more on staying alive. It's too easy to try to overcompensate and play hero ball when things are going sideways.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
sorry but the game wont die. Also complaining about upvoting healers or votings in general? why does it bother you? be happy that people play suppott at all...or do it yourself lol. now ive seen every complaint. Coming soon again: genji needs nerfs!!! mei sucks!!! kids are insulting me ;___; (you guys know about reporting right? it works temp bans for a day or more) where is Sombra? etc.

50% of the times i end up playing Lucio and doing it extremely well because nobody else wants to. You know what happens? Gold elims because team is always arse and they dont even vote me

I don't give a shit as I said, but ya guys ain't doing anything to make those who play these classes feel considered

I mean, whats worse, having a Junk lay waste on the enemy team, actually helping to defend a point, or a terribad Soldier who plays like shit and gets one single ulti during all the freaking match

komaruR

Record some videos to review later. Or let someone else critique it.

50% of the times i end up playing Lucio and doing it extremely well because nobody else wants to. You know what happens? Gold elims because team is always arse and they dont even vote me

I don't give a shit as I said, but ya guys ain't doing anything to make those who play these classes feel considered

I mean, whats worse, having a Junk lay waste on the enemy team, actually helping to defend a point, or a terribad Soldier who plays like shit and gets one single ulti during all the freaking match
You obviously give a shit. lol

^NEVAH makes it work

I was strong armed into renewing my PS plus for some rocket league and thus couldn't resist the allure of one game of overwatch.
Fortunately it went well with the novelty of having a Reaper about to successfully sneak up behind our Bastion before I sleep darted him, said Bastion turns around to see what the commotion was, spies Reaper taking a nap, repositions turret placement for maximum murder potential and just shreds his sleepy skull, glorious.

Owzers

My comp record:

Rein 12-6
Mercy 3-3
Lucio 2-4
D.va 2-2
Pharah 1-0
Zarya 0-2 : but i did pretty well
Zeny 0-1
Mei 0-1

Now i know overbuff's attribution of wins is a little iffy when you switch characters, but i don't like my odds when i pick people outside of Reinhardt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom