• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaosslug

hows the post launch support been? have new characters and maps and game modes been added?

1 new character (Ana) and 1 new map (Eichwalde), w/ another new character (Sombra?) set to drop any day nao... and we just had a Summer even w/ exclusive skins and stuffs.

Competitive mode was also added post-launch. It was then completely overhauled for the second go-around (new ranking systems, updates to the timebank systems, etc).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I can't play competitive any more. My season high was mid 2700s and I dropped back down to 2500 so I've quit for a while at least. Don't see how people can keep playing after dropping way more than I have lol

Being a support main in OW is very frustrating.

I've flactuates between 700sr as a support main but i don't let that keep me down.

200 is seriously nothing.

Yeah Mei hardcore counters nano boost. Her ult basically ends it for good and she gets it almost as fast as Ana gets hers. And ice wall can separate him from his Ana or just plain block him from your team.

She is the best counter to nano boost imo.

Prelude.

I did my best to explain but it seems I'm not getting across. I would recommend watching some tournaments to see the mei strats I've been describing, and everything else.
I know about Mei strats but are you sure they're reliable enough to consider them counters? Mei is a niche character, she doesn't work anywhere at any time.

Two questions, one a hypothetical and one factual:

Question #1: Let's say you start a comp match on King's Row - the first four people pick Bastion, Torbjorn, Symmetra, Widowmaker. With #5 as an unknown, who do you pick to try and salvage this team?

(This actually happened to me - I want to see who people would pick.)

Question #2: What's the actual max range for Roadhog's hook and Zarya's beam? I misjudge their range all the time, both playing as them and against them.

Azoor

No, Ana's my main, you keep Tracer :p

Seriously though, I don't even main Zen or play him often, why the fuck do I have this avatar?

i don't actually care, I'm too lazy to change it.

She has fantastic spray, why not choose one and have it as an Avatar ?

Antiwhippy

Question #1: Let's say you start a comp match on King's Row - the first four people pick Bastion, Torbjorn, Symmetra, Widowmaker. With #5 as an unknown, who do you pick to try and salvage this team?

Suggest that they change, and if they don't give up.

Probably rein though if you want to be a masochist and at least attempt to make it work by protecting the bastion.

Question #2: What's the actual max range for Roadhog's hook and Zarya's beam? I misjudge their range all the time, both playing as them and against them.
I'd tell them to please switch and that we'll never win with this comp. if they didn't I'd go Zen and hope the sixth guy picks a tank.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
must protect
tumblr_oelrmc54FE1ruewhjo1_1280.jpg

Yeah, I REALLY need more practice on DPS. Sure I had a winning comp match earlier using Reaper but it was very sloppy compared to what I know I should be doing.

At least I was able to get a nice wombo combo of Mei blizzard into a death blossom for a quad kill.

I'd tell them to please switch and that we'll never win with this comp. if they didn't I'd go Zen and hope the sixth guy picks a tank.

The same but I'd go D.Va or Roadhog, someone self sufficient, and try to play my ass off and hope for the best.

I'd then proceed to get every kill in the game, including my own teammates, POTG that plays twice it's so good, everyone just teabags themselves so I don't have to.

Suggest that they change, and if they don't give up.

Probably rein though if you want to be a masochist and at least attempt to make it work by protecting the bastion.

Nobody was on mic this entire match. :(

But yeah, I ended up going Rein as I had to hope my team was good enough to maybe hold the choke point with a good shield. Last guy ended up as Mercy.

(Spoiler: we lost that match 3-0, surprising nobody.)

The same but I'd go D.Va or Roadhog, someone self sufficient, and try to play my ass off and hope for the best.

I'd then proceed to get every kill in the game, including my own teammates, POTG that plays twice it's so good, everyone just teabags themselves so I don't have to.

You forgot the twelve cards and six platinum medals after the match is over.

It's so hilarious when that happens.

I always shout NO LUCA NO when the support randomly jumps in the path of Ana as she's about ready to cast.

Has anyone ever gotten an actual Reaper + Ana ult combo in a regular comp match?

I did - it was actually how I got the quad kill trophy for Ana and it was in the first week she was released. I was using sick Beyblade strats before they were cool.

gonna laugh when mercy doesnt have a new skin

I'm wondering if all the new skins will be legendary or if it'll be like summer games where there are some epic recolors. It seems like it would be harder to not do a complete costume redesign for Halloween skins, though, which necessitates legendary. On the other hand, maybe we'll get like a jack-o-lantern recolor for Reaper or something.

Ugh hate there had to be a limited time event this month. Already blowing so much on games/PSVR this month.

Not gonna be able to ball out on boxes like I did during the summer. (And not sure if I want to either.....I still needed Mercy's spray and 2 Icons to finish the set, and that was close to 100$ in)

hydruxo

I'm still salty I never got the Sprinter Tracer skin (even though I did get Track & Field), but I'll probably still give in and buy Halloween lootboxes if the skins are good

I'm still salty I never got the Sprinter Tracer skin (even though I did get Track & Field), but I'll probably still give in and buy Halloween lootboxes if the skins are good
I'm sad that I didn't get Nihon Genji ):

Got Zaryas though, and I like that skin a lot, so I guess it's alright.

I got Nihon luckily, but I wish I was better with Genji to actually make use of it haha

Yeah, I played way too much (and even put down cash for a few boxes) trying to complete my Summer collection. Last thing I needed was the McCree American skin, and when I finally got it I was like, "YES, YES, I got it... wait. My mouse aiming sucks, and I never play McCree."

One of the reasons I'm glad Mystery Heroes is back: finally, a chance to show off skins I never get to otherwise because I'm terrible at the character.

Prelude.

The worst thing about their system is that it's almost impossible to get specific common items. The way the loot boxes work is that at least one item per box is an event item and their RNG algorithm makes you get rares, epics and legendaries so, if there are like 6 legendaries and a billion common items, it's way more likely to get a duplicate of the legendary skin and zero of that one common/rare you wanted. I'm still salty I didn't get table tennis Mei spray/icon and her victory pose.

Antiwhippy

Nobody was on mic this entire match. :(

But yeah, I ended up going Rein as I had to hope my team was good enough to maybe hold the choke point with a good shield. Last guy ended up as Mercy.

(Spoiler: we lost that match 3-0, surprising nobody.)

Don't have to have a mic. I usually just toss some suggestions in chat and for the most part people listen, or at least change when we lose the first point.

Suggestions i would use in this would be "can we only have 1 defense character pls? 1 team fight and we'll lose"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom