• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have to have a mic. I usually just toss some suggestions in chat and for the most part people listen, or at least change when we lose the first point.

Suggestions i would use in this would be "can we only have 1 defense character pls? 1 team fight and we'll lose"

Unfortunately I'm on PS4 so it's either mic or nothin'.

Kings Row is insanely intense today.

I'll never get that Genji quad though. I got cheated out of a double kill alone because the slashes didn't register.

I dont get people sometimes....I was on Gibraltar as Reinhardt. Camping the chokepoint I literally always camp, teammates are camping on ledge for no reason. I get 3 kills by myself and eventually get overrun and somehow I'm shit lol.

Could understand if I was off doing my own thing, but why would you camp the ledge when we both A could block directly infront of them and B had already killed their members.

ZangBa

This update needs to come tonight, because there's no way I'm going to play any time soon after this Hurricane blows through tomorrow.

DevilDog

does everybody get like plats and diamonds in their placements lol

I was matched with tons of masters and grandmasters today, even with quite a few top 500, someone was #12 lol.

Loved every match today, everyone was super serious about comps and skilled with their characters.

I was matched with tons of masters and grandmasters today, even with quite a few top 500, someone was #12 lol.

Loved every match today, everyone was super serious about comps and skilled with their characters.

yeah i've only played like 6 games since last month lol. didn't even get that high a skill rating either considering i was basically practicing how to aim 90% of the time.

Get to masters then drop out. You get your comp points and can play with gaffers.
Yeah but that brings in the 500 point difference instead of 1000 and that would mean I would have to throw games to drop down, and I don't want to be that guy.

I also don't care too much about top 500 until there's a good reason to do it because a player profile and a spray ain't enough incentive. Doesn't help that the sprays are lame.

If I get it, I get it, but I'm not gonna worry about it and just enjoy my games.

Skii

GGs Optimus and Nuno!

That Nepal game was so annoying. If we had 6 players actually contributing to the game, we'd have won that I reckon. Mercy is just so fucking useless on KOTH. Something needs to be done about it.

And that Route 66 game was pretty brutal. The Tracer every single encounter went straight to me and destroyed me. Maybe I should've stuck with Zenyatta on attack? But that Winston was causing us so many problems as well.

Those Kings Row games were pretty amazing though. Such good ult economy!

Nice games today Optimus and Skii :)

The games on King's Row were the high point. Probably gonna have nightmares with apes and bastions though xD

Jellie

Yeah but that brings in the 500 point difference instead of 1000 and that would mean I would have to throw games to drop down, and I don't want to be that guy.

I also don't care too much about top 500 until there's a good reason to do it because a player profile and a spray ain't enough incentive. Doesn't help that the sprays are lame.

If I get it, I get it, but I'm not gonna worry about it and just enjoy my games.

Just get masters then the next game leave straight away. You lose SR and everyone else gets match cancelled so you don't ruin their SR.

I've played with masters and a lot of <500 rank players even at 2800-2900 (this one for example). Are we 100% sure of that 500 point difference?

Nice games today Optimus and Skii :)

The games on King's Row were the high point. Probably gonna have nightmares with apes and bastions though xD
The Bastion on that Route 66 match was insanely good. I was genuinely shocked.
Just get masters then the next game leave straight away. You lose SR and everyone else gets match cancelled so you don't ruin their SR.
Do you lose Master rank if you drop below 3500?

It's gonna take awhile to drop down if I have to leave games while trying to not get banned :/

Jellie

I've played with masters and a lot of <500 rank players even at 2800-2900 (this one for example). Are we 100% sure of that 500 point difference?
Were they in your party or just in the game?
The Badtion on that Route 66 match was insanely good. I was genuinely shocked.

Do you lose Master rank if you drop below 3500?

It's gonna take awhile to drop down if I have to leave games while trying to not get banned :/
You lose the rank but I think you still get the rewards. Are you masters already? I thought you were nearly masters based on what was said before.

Jellie

He was very good, and with that Winston always protecting him on the crucial moments I could barely touch him as Genji. That was an impressive combo.

In the game. That 500SR limit is only for groups? That explains it then.

Yeah its a group limit, though I have seen people get around it with two masters grouped with a diamond and a platinum. One of the masters got to GM and was ranked one in the world by abusing it before they fell.

That Nepal game was so annoying. If we had 6 players actually contributing to the game, we'd have won that I reckon. Mercy is just so fucking useless on KOTH. Something needs to be done about it.

Yeah, I looked at his profile to see if he was a Lucio main but he had really few time with him. Don't understand why he picked Mercy...

And that Route 66 game was pretty brutal. The Tracer every single encounter went straight to me and destroyed me. Maybe I should've stuck with Zenyatta on attack? But that Winston was causing us so many problems as well.

It's a real pain to play Zenyatta when there's a good enemy Tracer :\

Those Kings Row games were pretty amazing though. Such good ult economy!

I swear I did 3 or 4 Earthshatters without getting a single enemy or right after they were killed -_-'

You lose the rank but I think you still get the rewards. Are you masters already? I thought you were nearly masters based on what was said before.
Nah, I'm 3127 right now, just wondering if I should grind to Masters or not. I was asking if you lost Master and went to Diamond if you went below or if it worked like all the other lower tiers.

Also, how well does leaving at the beginning of a match work anyways? Like, how often would I have to do it to not get banned?

I could also just not play for a couple weeks and let my rank decay, but that would mean not playing OW.

Also, how many comp points does Diamond give? 1200?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Nah, I'm 3127 right now, just wondering if I should grind to Masters or not. I was asking if you lost Master and went to Diamond if you went below or if it worked like all the other lower tiers.

Also, how well does leaving at the beginning of a match work anyways? Like, how often would I have to do it to not get banned?

I could also just not play for a couple weeks and let my rank decay, but that would mean not playing OW.

You can drop from master down to diamond, diamond is the cutoff where you can't fall.

Jellie

Well if you get to masters just leave the following game and you should drop to diamond straight away unless you went on a crazy win streak that made you go way above 3500. It counts as a loss so I guess you would lose 20-30.
I think diamond is like 1200 and masters is 2000.

Veelk

Banned
I'm really trying to get back into the game myself, but I am having a third of the fun I used to with this game at it's best. At it's worst, it just pisses me off. Which is a shame, because this is literally the only multiplayer that I've ever truly gotten invested in. I've spent a....well, stupid amount of money on the boxes, but even so, I consider it a worthwhile investment as a whole.

But as of now, I'm kind of over this game and I really don't want to be, so I keep playing. Good games are pretty decent, but the bad ones....shit. I just find it so hard to have fun with it anymore.

Well if you get to masters just leave the following game and you should drop to diamond straight away unless you went on a crazy win streak that made you go way above 3500. It counts as a loss so I guess you would lose 20-30.
I think diamond is like 1200 and masters is 2000.
The grind begins then ;__;

If I thought Diamond was a grind, then god help me for Master.

Skii

Yeah, I looked at his profile to see if he was a Lucio main but he had really few time with him. Don't understand why he picked Mercy...

It's a real pain to play Zenyatta when there's a good enemy Tracer :\

I swear I did 3 or 4 Earthshatters without getting a single enemy or right after they were killed -_-'

He spammed "Thanks!" after we lost a round as well. I was so annoyed lol.

Yeah Zenyatta vs a good Genji/Tracer at that rank is just an absolute mess. That's why Ana is a better carrying hero as she can at least stand a chance 1v1 against them if she lands a sleep dart.

Did you? Your Rein play was pretty good from what I could tell. Not overly aggressive. I kept getting triple kills with death blossom so my ult economy was good haha.

That final game on Dorado was pretty relaxing as well. Went 19-2 with Genji on attack and I think 15-2 with Zarya on defence.

komaruR

Yeah its a group limit, though I have seen people get around it with two masters grouped with a diamond and a platinum. One of the masters got to GM and was ranked one in the world by abusing it before they fell.

the 500 sr limit is if theres a master and up in the group. diamond and below is 1000sr group limit. but ofcourse there's a glitch to play beyond that 1000 group limit
https://www.twitch.tv/colossusofcloud/v/92830324?t=4m20s the guy who joined is a low silver and the group is like 2700+

Azoor

I'm really trying to get back into the game myself, but I am having a third of the fun I used to with this game at it's best. At it's worst, it just pisses me off. Which is a shame, because this is literally the only multiplayer that I've ever truly gotten invested in. I've spent a....well, stupid amount of money on the boxes, but even so, I consider it a worthwhile investment as a whole.

But as of now, I'm kind of over this game and I really don't want to be, so I keep playing. Good games are pretty decent, but the bad ones....shit. I just find it so hard to have fun with it anymore.

Frustration is part of the game unfortunatly.

I-hate-u

I sometimes get the same feelings. If there was a strong game out right now it would easily make me drop this game. Competitive is pure salt, no new characters and no events so far. Feels bad man.

Persona next year might kill this game for me for a while if Blizzard doesn't improve these drought months.

He spammed "Thanks!" after we lost a round as well. I was so annoyed lol.

Yeah Zenyatta vs a good Genji/Tracer at that rank is just an absolute mess. That's why Ana is a better carrying hero as she can at least stand a chance 1v1 against them if she lands a sleep dart.

Did you? Your Rein play was pretty good from what I could tell. Not overly aggressive. I kept getting triple kills with death blossom so my ult economy was good haha.

That final game on Dorado was pretty relaxing as well. Went 19-2 with Genji on attack and I think 15-2 with Zarya on defence.

I just overextended once because I failed my "landing" and I felt so vulnerable afterwards when all of them came to me :'(

Yeah, that last one was very nice, always good to end with a win :)

It's get bad, on ps4 there is a big gap between 33xx and 36xx, so you could be playing with idiots or try hard top 500 or both.

I remember two top 500 players that were so damn annoying. When the people didn't pick what they wanted on character selection they kept spamming "Thanks" throughout the game, and one of them actually quit in the first round. Disgusting.

Veelk

Banned
The fun just used to outweigh the frustration, even with the losses. Now it's just...blah.

I'd probably feel better if I had people to play with, but my friends are rarely on nowadays. Solo q is just pure hell. And It wouldn't be half as bad if I just didn't have to see that fucking bar keep going down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom