• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeolist

Banned
You could switch from Summer Loot boxes to regular boxes, so it makes perfect since that you could do the opposite.

no, there was a UI option to open both because people had leftover normal lootboxes during the event and needed to be able to open both

at no point could you convert summer loot boxes to normal ones or vice versa

Nimby

Banned
Pmt5hzz.jpg

happening.gif?

where's muh halowen blizz?

Fancolors

Is it okay to just insta-lock a tank in comp?

Usually I just pick whatever my team is missing, so I mostly play Lúcio. If my numbers in Overbuff are anything to go by, that's a terrible idea because my W/L ratio with support is around 40% while my success rate with tanks is close to 70%.

SR 👏 IS 👏 BROKEN

STOP 👏 CARING 👏 ABOUT 👏 IT
that golden gun tho

How do you report players on PSN? Had a match where a guy changed to Symmetra within like a minute because someone was Widow, I mean OK there's a widow and you may not want that, but deal with it. Don't be so childish and throw away matches for no good reason. Then another guy who kept spamming thanks in chat ended up going Torb. This was all in Kings Row attack btw and at 3150.

Blues1990

i still think that's fake

or is there some new evidence?

My friend had saw this page before it was taken down.

In either case, Blizzard dropped the Summer Games update early because of the loot box leak. I would imagine that they tried to keep a close eye on it this time to prevent the same thing from happening again. With that said, I think it's possible the event will start either today or Monday. There's a chance they planned for Tuesday and the boxes got put up really early as another accident, but I don't think it's likely.

The major OW YouTubers that get invited to Blizz events are on it. It's not fake.

My friend had saw this page before it was taken down.

In either case, Blizzard dropped the Summer Games update early because of the loot box leak. I would imagine that they tried to keep a close eye on it this time to prevent the same thing from happening again. With that said, I think it's possible the event will start either today or Monday. There's a chance they planned for Tuesday and the boxes got put up really early as another accident, but I don't think it's likely.
oh, okay. thanks guys.

i've just learned to be very skeptical of single shot off screen leaks. :p

MastAndo

How the eff do I win consistently at this game? I was ready to call it quits in competitive play the other day, so just kept playing and ending losing a good 7-8 games in a row (just to see how many I could actually lose in a row out of curiosity), won a couple, then lost a few more. Alas, I'm now at a regrettably horrid 1770 SR...but now I want back in. I know I'm better than that.

Is solo carrying an actual thing? Theoretically, should say, a respectable Zarya, be able to come down to this level and carry and win consistently, with no mic communication?

Blues1990

I'm close to getting to Platinum, at 2429, but I went down to 2290. Does anyone want to group up with me for comp today, so I can make it across that last hurdle?

North American servers, Battle.net username is Blues1990#1733

Welp after reading the description, it definitely seems like the Halloween event will function just like the Summer Games event -_-

At this point I have to wonder if they'll ever add new skins that you buy with coins (jumping to conclusions here but I'm still a little salty about missing that Summer Games Zarya skin).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Welp after reading the description, it definitely seems like the Halloween event will function just like the Summer Games event -_-

At this point I have to wonder if they'll ever add new skins that you buy with coins (jumping to conclusions here but I'm still a little salty about missing that Summer Games Zarya skin).

um
Reinhardt%20skin.PNG

They said they'll add new skins and other things that we can buy for the currency in the game. But only the special events stuff will only be available in lootboxes.

Nice, that's good to hear and makes me feel a little better about the special events stuff. I never play Reinhardt so I didn't notice the new skin there.

I think the root of my anxiety is potentially missing out on a sweet Mercy witch skin (she's my main squeeze and I refuse to give in to microtransactions).

If Blizzard does bring out that Mercy witch costume, they'll have a bazillion people blow cash on trying to get it. They'll be swimming in cash just for the event.

MrPanic

Hm, just like the Summer games where I was lv150, I'm far off from getting quick lootboxes by being lv250 right now. Wondering if I should grind some levels out right now to get to lv300 before this event wil end, I don't want to exhaust myself before the actual grind starts though.

Also like the Summer games, they're using the same awful loot system again which annoys me greatly. If that dumb loot drop system causes me to not get that inevitable witch Mercy skin, I will never play a second of Mercy ever again.

Prelude.

Don't take every single point I made and devalue it because it doesn't work in every single possible situation you created. I listed many, so that you can see there are options and strategies available for each situation.

Generally a thing teams do in tournaments is baiting the nanoboost and kiting it.
That way the reinheardt or anyone else loses LOS of the healers and gets separated from the team. All speedboost does is amplify this. Even if a nano boosted reinheardt gets a kill, he won't be able to do much more damage because everyone would be so spread out.

Furthermore, reinheardt charge is great as well and so is roadhog's hook.
Well, first of all, as a general rule, what teams do in tournaments is irrelevant because I'm talking about normal people playing the game in a non 6-man team coordinated way. But either way, the team running aways isn't a counter, it just means that ultimate has been used as a zoning tool, which is equally important as getting kills pretty often.
"Support ultimates: Only Zen's actually. But that's an ultimate, and can be baited."

Not sure why you'd think that lucio's ultimate isn't good enough, and why you value zen higher than Lucio's as well.
You do know that a nano boosted genji can insta kill any dps/defence/support hero through trance? And that reinheardts charge and melee+firestrike combo can one shot a lot of characters too?
Also you need to elaborate on your "baited" argument. I can't read your mind to know the situation.
Lucio's ult is an issue only for a fraction of the nanoboost considering its decay, duration and activation time. And no, I did not know that nb Genji could kill through transcendence because I never did the math, but since it heals 300hp per second it doesn't seem like the easiest thing to do (it should do 120+60 per slash so he can deal 360 in less than 2 secs but I don't know how/if the speed boost affects the slashes as well), either way, if that's the case and 2 perfect slashes on the same character are easy to pull off, it's one less counter, then.
"Baited" means just do something to make Zen pop his ult, he can't get it back as soon as Ana gets her sleep dart back and it's also really easy to notice when he uses it, unlike her dart.

Mei: so, focus fire? Haha. Nice one.

Focus fire? Mei's freezing abilities means that you can freeze them while they are nano boosted. And that means the ult's time is running out while getting no utility.
And combine all that with her wall and invuln ability and you can kite them even longer.

One time I played as a mei, a reinheardt chased after me, and I made sure right before I died that i walled off the way to the rest of my team. Just another example.
Mei's freeze lasts long enough only during her ult and that isn't particularly hard to avoid if you're nanoboosted, so that leaves her normal spray freeze stun, which is easy to pull off but if it's not followed by focus fire by a good chunk of your team might result into a 1-2 secs delay of someone's death.
Her wall, again, very situational since you can't make it work anywhere and in case it's used as a splitting tool, still needs focus fire to kill the enemy which isn't exactly what happens when a team sees a nanoboosted Rein coming their way. I play a lot of Zenyatta and when that happens I immediately discord them and start shooting, but I'm usually the only one doing that because everyone's running their ass off and since I have no means to outrun him I get picked off shortly after.
Knockback: wut

Meaning lucio's E and pharah's E.
I know, but why is that a counter? Excluding env kills which are so situational to be a non factor, booping them off once or twice during 8 seconds is that big of a deal?
The most reliable way to counter them so far is mei ult tbh. If the target isn't a tank, it is very very hard to sleep them and there is a very high chance that your team will wake them up inside anyways.
Not when they're boosted, not very often. Is he ulting? Sure, I'm Lucio and I'm totally gonna accomplish something by waking up this sleeping ulting dude, but nanoboosted? Haha, fuck you team, I'm outta here, deal with it.

What you're describing aren't really "counters", you're not actually shutting him off, they're mostly "if I do this I'm gonna make him waste 2 seconds maybe". If the whole team focusing on something qualifies as a counter, Genji wouldn't have been nerfed.
We've already seen with Ana's grenade that they're open to abilities that negate others, so "something" that can prevent or stop a nanoboost or similar isn't too far-fetched.

If it wasn't against the spirit of GAF and probably the ToS, I wish we had a thread for naming and shaming the toxic people.

Just played a game as Zarya. Guy on team on his mic. Goes with attack Widow on Anubis. Proceeds to get zero picks. Enemy Genji just shatters him most of the game. Decides to late pick attack Bastion. Decides that it's now my duty to make sure I use my ult so he can get kills.

I get hooked at the start of the team fight and mobbed. He starts screaming, "Now, Zarya, now, use it!" etc. Then goes on a rant about how I'm intentionally throwing the game. Someone else gets on the mic and asks if he saw that I was dead. I think he said, "Still, though," as if the ult can be used from the graveyard. Rants the rest of the time. Calls me bad.

MRW when I finish the game with Gold Elims, Obj Elims and Obj Time. MRW I check his profile on Overbuff.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
no, there was a UI option to open both because people had leftover normal lootboxes during the event and needed to be able to open both

at no point could you convert summer loot boxes to normal ones or vice versa
Is there proof of this? I mean honestly it doesn't hurt to wait because they are just cosmetic items. If someone is waiting because they are level like 102 or something than I would just wait and not risk it.

Is there proof of this? I mean honestly it doesn't hurt to wait because they are just cosmetic items. If someone is waiting because they are level like 102 or something than I would just wait and not risk it.
Pretty sure it's still there in game in case people still have summer games boxes for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom