• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellie

the 500 sr limit is if theres a master and up in the group. diamond and below is 1000sr group limit. but ofcourse there's a glitch to play beyond that 1000 group limit
https://www.twitch.tv/colossusofcloud/v/92830324?t=4m20s the guy who joined is a low silver and the group is like 2700+
Yeah I know this. They had two masters so shouldn't be able to play with platinum. I mentioned this glitch too as them getting past the restrictions.

Lol guy on Hanamura refusing to get off Torb despite me solo tanking and us having a solo healer.

I go Mercy and we end up winning, by the end of the game literally everyone on the team is on fire except for him.

I just overextended once because I failed my "landing" and I felt so vulnerable afterwards when all of them came to me :'(
I saw one of those earthshatters :p

But you were great on Rein. Your Rein and Genji seem really good, you should play them more.

Now I really want to change my avatar, but I can't on mobile ;_;

WhyMe6

59Ztse9.jpg

I nearly shit myself when this low-player-count/winstreak-punishment match came up last night. At this point in time, I was ranked about 2809? But, amazingly, we won 3-1. I aged about ten years though.

xaosslug

i've managed to go days-weeks w/o a KotH ranked match, but I guess that all caught up w/ me today... had back-to-back Ilios matches + Nepal in the AM, and then earlier I had Ilios, back-to-back Lijiang, and Nepal... wtf? Taking a break. T__T

I-hate-u

i've managed to go days-weeks w/o a KotH ranked match, but I guess that all caught up w/ me today... had back-to-back Ilios matches + Nepal in the AM, and then earlier I had Ilios, back-to-back Lijiang, and Nepal... wtf? Taking a break. T__T

I always lose on KOTH maps. It never fails.

komaruR

I nearly shit myself when this low-player-count/winstreak-punishment match came up last night. At this point in time, I was ranked about 2809? But, amazingly, we won 3-1. I aged about ten years though.

those guys probably was tilting so bad.

Veelk

Banned
I've decided that I do find Zarya overpowered on the PS4 at this point. I thought she was fine before the autoaim was patched in, one of the most balanced characters. But now, it's super easy to get a charge, stay alive, and deal out ridiculous damage all at once. She is goddamn oppressive at this point and I don't like seeing her in every game especially since it kills any D.Va play there is, which is the most unforgivable crime of all. I don't think she's HUGELY OP or anything, but a tweak of some kind is in order I think.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I love KotH. If I I get lucio 80% of the time I'll win. So much fun to control the battle with speedboost and also, boops.

xaosslug

I always lose on KOTH maps. It never fails.

i can eke out a win, but my team has to dig real deep and fight for it. It almost never comes easy, and it's super-draining. I don't remember the last time I was on a team that completely stomped in KotH... T__T I know it's just a video game, but I am legit exhausted after KotH matches.

I love KotH. If I I get lucio 80% of the time I'll win. So much fun to control the battle with speedboost and also, boops.

double dip on PS4 and carry me in KotH matches, brehhh! T__T

Veelk

Banned
It was the exact same before auto aim lol. Dva just needs a buff, even without Zarya, she's still by far the weakest tank by a mile.

Yeah, but before autoaim, aiming was harder, so it wasn't as much of an issue. Obviously.

And that doesn't change that Zarya seems to be good against everyone, not just D.va. The only one who would do well against her would be a sniper class, and we know how reliable those are. It doesn't matter, her DPS is just STUPID when console players can actually utilize it. PC players I guess have an easier time because of better aiming. But in my experience, a good Zarya is nigh impossible to shut down.

I've decided that I do find Zarya overpowered on the PS4 at this point. I thought she was fine before the autoaim was patched in, one of the most balanced characters. But now, it's super easy to get a charge, stay alive, and deal out ridiculous damage all at once. She is goddamn oppressive at this point and I don't like seeing her in every game especially since it kills any D.Va play there is, which is the most unforgivable crime of all. I don't think she's HUGELY OP or anything, but a tweak of some kind is in order I think.

Don't shoot shields, no max power.

Dearly, a Zarya main.

I-hate-u

I think it's because some character picks on KOTH maps can absolutely kill any chances of winning.

For example, people that pick Mercy and die every 30 seconds. Like, what do you expect is going to happen?

Veelk

Banned
Don't shoot shields, no max power.

Dearly, a Zarya main.

I know the basics of how she works.

But if you're a Zarya main, you know that's easier said than done in the chaos of a fight. Especially when you have to decide whether it's worth shooting her to break through her barrier or hope and pray you can survive a 2 second charge to the face while not retaliating.

I'm really trying to get back into the game myself, but I am having a third of the fun I used to with this game at it's best. At it's worst, it just pisses me off. Which is a shame, because this is literally the only multiplayer that I've ever truly gotten invested in. I've spent a....well, stupid amount of money on the boxes, but even so, I consider it a worthwhile investment as a whole.

But as of now, I'm kind of over this game and I really don't want to be, so I keep playing. Good games are pretty decent, but the bad ones....shit. I just find it so hard to have fun with it anymore.

The fun just used to outweigh the frustration, even with the losses. Now it's just...blah.

I'd probably feel better if I had people to play with, but my friends are rarely on nowadays. Solo q is just pure hell. And It wouldn't be half as bad if I just didn't have to see that fucking bar keep going down

I know both these feelings, well minus buying boxes at least.

Actually played for the first time in a few days earlier and even then the frustration crept up on me within the little time I spent playing (the ol' go 2-0 in KotH and then lose routine will do that).
At least I might be able to get my friends back on briefly when the Halloween stuff drops.

I saw one of those earthshatters :p

But you were great on Rein. Your Rein and Genji seem really good, you should play them more.

Now I really want to change my avatar, but I can't on mobile ;_;

Thankfully you only saw one xD

Thx for the compliment, Genji was my most played hero in season 1, but it feels so damn awkward without the "triple" jump that I really struggle sometimes on the worst possible moments.

This is not a good argument at all.

There are so many situations where you can get a bubble in the middle of firefights or force a situation of inactivity or death.
Yup.

Me when I was new to the game: What's this shield thing? Guess I'll shoot it until it breaks and I get my kill.

Me once I played a little Zarya and realised how the character worked: GUYS don't shoot the bubble and she gets no charge it's so simple -dies to 70 charge-

Me now that I've played against a lot of Zaryas:Guess I'll shoot it until it breaks and I get my kill.

I mean obviously it's more nuanced that but I would say high energy Zaryas exist more due to people holding their fire and not shooting them, as counterintuitive as that sounds.

MrPanic

Yeah, as soon as you see a Zarya glowing, everyone should just focus fire and shoot her and her shields to oblivion. Waiting for her shields to go down while she's dishing out damage is almost never worth it unless she's at 0% or in a bad spot. Usually the main problem is getting your team to actually focus her in those situations.

Veelk

Banned
You know, there is fair bit of love lost between me and the game at this point, but it still manages to surprise me. In my last game, after a slight slight winning streak, I was Reinhardt on Gibralter. I feel that he's an outright necessary tank when it comes to payload maps, since he can protect the team while on the move. But we were getting nowhere. The team crushed us when we were on attack, getting about halfway through to the second checkpoint. Then we could barely hold them back on Defend. Naturally, they had a Zarya who was just melting everyone. So I was like "Fine. FINE. I'll just do my archery practice while I'm here, since we're gonna lose anyway." I was expecting to Hojo the team. To my surprise, it turns out Zarya REALLY doesn't like Hanzo. I mean, I know her weakness was long range attacks, but still, I didn't expect it to be so viable a strategy.

The enemy team was meters away from winning the game the entire time, but we managed to keep them back somehow.

rulerk1

been playing competitive for about two weeks now and man they are so draining. Mei's ult is so dumb. i wsh killing her while it's going off instantly unfreezes everyone. Why does everyone keep her alive

Some guy kept complaining about our team not having mics and threatening to go Symmetra. Finally in the last round someone else goes Symmetra, and by the end everyone was on the most troll worthy characters ever.

Now he's on the opposing team probably raging over the same thing again lol.

xaosslug

been playing competitive for about two weeks now and man they are so draining. Mei's ult is so dumb. i wsh killing her while it's going off instantly unfreezes everyone. Why does everyone keep her alive

some of it is fear (of being frozen + headshot), some of it is distraction (she'll icewall/block and peeps will just move on to another target), some of it is 'someone else will handle her' mentality, and some of it is just plain incompetence. This goes for Zarya, Bastion, turrets, and Mercy as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, but before autoaim, aiming was harder, so it wasn't as much of an issue. Obviously.

And that doesn't change that Zarya seems to be good against everyone, not just D.va. The only one who would do well against her would be a sniper class, and we know how reliable those are. It doesn't matter, her DPS is just STUPID when console players can actually utilize it. PC players I guess have an easier time because of better aiming. But in my experience, a good Zarya is nigh impossible to shut down.
Kill Zarya before she utilizes her energy. Focus fire or use a character that has massive DPS like Reaper or Roadhog or Tracer. Those three are her best counters.

A dead Zarya is a zero charge Zarya.

I've never lost a game because a Zarya single handedly murdered us herself. But maybe I'm just lucky.

Being solo Q'd into a 5 stack that faces agaisnt a 6 stack. The outcome was pretty expected when the 5 stack didn't put me into the chat.

Had a match where a korean player didn't pick or was afk after 2 pushes. He goes Rein and suddenly he destroys everything. Really damn good rein, would end up clearing house when boosted. Hell on defense he boosts past the team, me being the crazy lucio following him and healing him. He walks some distance to kill the mercy that just came from spawn, goes back and earthshatters the rest of the team and proceeds with a teamwipe while the rest of our team was still protecting the point.

jengo

I got these free Loot Boxes suddenly when logging in last night (PS4 in Japan) and freaked the fuck out thinking it was Halloween related.

Nope.

But nice all the same (no good items and lots of dupes, but hey, thanks Blizzard/Square Enix!)!

KyleCross

Was just playing a game on Ilios and a McCree who was doing nothing at the time randomly said "Thought I saw a ghost..." I've never heard this voice line before or know what triggers it.

Was just playing a game on Ilios and a McCree who was doing nothing at the time randomly said "Thought I saw a ghost..." I've never heard this voice line before or know what triggers it.

I believe he says it after killing Reaper, since he was presumed dead. Possibly Soldier as well.

Wow....that was....something

I join a QP match and right during the char select screen you hear an argument between two people on someone's mic in spanish. It's obviously only one person talking. But things sounded like they were escalating with banging on the desk and whatnot.

I'm just like...nope, I'm not gonna sit around with this one. Left the match in a heartbeat.

vixlar

Wow....that was....something

I join a QP match and right during the char select screen you hear an argument between two people on someone's mic in spanish. It's obviously only one person talking. But things sounded like they were escalating with banging on the desk and whatnot.

I'm just like...nope, I'm not gonna sit around with this one. Left the match in a heartbeat.

*Cries in spanish...

Tunavi

Banned
Looking for xbone players. I have a squad of about 3 guys that like to play competitive. Looking for more for the future. Gt is tunavi

Kill Zarya before she utilizes her energy. Focus fire or use a character that has massive DPS like Reaper or Roadhog or Tracer. Those three are her best counters.

A dead Zarya is a zero charge Zarya.

I've never lost a game because a Zarya single handedly murdered us herself. But maybe I'm just lucky.
Nice avatar

"Team up with people, it'll make comp matches go better!"

Me and a friend team up with a team on Numbani who has no idea what they're doing, and we get wrecked 3-0. Lose 40 SR.

Yup. That's about how it goes for me.

cyborg009

Banned
I hate people who sabotage games... its so obvious too.

Also I had one of those "That's so Mei" Moment right now. D.Va drops her ultimate instead of mei blocking her mecha explosion with a ice wall she traps us behind one and kills 5 players on the team...

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Me and a friend team up with a team on Numbani who has no idea what they're doing, and we get wrecked 3-0. Lose 40 SR.

I think the implication is "Team up with good people". :p

Yeah, he wasn't even shooting. He was camping. Maybe it was an earlier assist?

Ah, good point. Yeah, I'll bet you're right.

I think it makes more sense as Soldier, since he still has the same skillset he did when he was in OW. Reaper has that supernatural stuff going on now. Not sure McCree would recognize him.

Yeah, but you got to talk to your buddy while your SR plummeted, instead of dealing with it all alone. See: better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom