• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, good point. Yeah, I'll bet you're right.

I think it makes more sense as Soldier, since he still has the same skillset he did when he was in OW. Reaper has that supernatural stuff going on now. Not sure McCree would recognize him.

McCree recognizes him. They talk to each other in the spawn room.

KyleCross

I wake up to no update

Halloween is cancelled

Why are so many assuming it was going to go live today, or even this week at all? The Summer Games lasted for 20 days, August 2nd through the 22nd. The leak says (and it also makes the most sense anyways) the Halloween event ends November 1st. So count back 20 days and that's October 12th, tho that's a Wednesday whereas Tuesdays is when updates usually happen so October 11th seems the most likely date.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When you get a widowmaker on attack, YES YOU WILL.

No, I would honestly prefer a widow on attack than on defense.

Like, I would preferably not have one, but if someone is going sniper I'd rather have them on attack.

Got absolutely wrecked by attack widow on king's row recently.

In either case, we welcome you back into the fold. Come join us on the payload!
Hehe thanks. Actually traveling again this week so I still don't really have time to get back in. Excited to once I'm finally back home.

saw this on Twitter and almost passed out:

CuJLecmUsAA88z_.jpg:large
source

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've... never heard that. Wow. Okay, I stand corrected. Which stage, btw?
I also just heard McCree say it again after killing a Soldier a few minutes ago- no Reaper on the opposing team.

I know they have something in the spawn room where McCree gets on him for tossing around his guns like trash.

Owzers

I decided to solo que a match, ended up on a team of 4 in a group, they joined team chat and we won, I ended up joining their group and we won another 4 or 5 before a loss. I presume the next time I solo que I will have a similar experience. Rank was getting dangerously close to diamond, thought I might get it but nope.

Mush

Uhhhh, I've just come back to the game after a week away and I have 11x loot boxes for some reason? There's nothing in my transaction history.

Greddleok

The fact that this is all focussing on Mercy makes me think it's fake. Surely there'd have been other leaks for other heroes if it was true...

Tabby

When you get a widowmaker on attack, YES YOU WILL.
Well I had someone who didn't agree with a team mate's Widow pick on Numbani defence, he was like "I don't like Widow on this map, we don't need a sniper" so he continues to pick Hanzo, so I was like "Uh, we don't need two snipers" so he agrees and throws the game.

Widow ends up not working.

It was comp and we won in the end though.

PatjuhR

If you are at the lower tiers with Torbjorns and Bastions, attack Widomaker is at least slightly useful. Altough a low tier Widow will probably not be busy with the right things.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why are so many assuming it was going to go live today, or even this week at all? The Summer Games lasted for 20 days, August 2nd through the 22nd. The leak says (and it also makes the most sense anyways) the Halloween event ends November 1st. So count back 20 days and that's October 12th, tho that's a Wednesday whereas Tuesdays is when updates usually happen so October 11th seems the most likely date.

Because the Summer games stuff came out the same day it leaked.

I hit my first jackpot last night, which I'm super happy with.

I'm not super into that Lucio legendary (but still, it's a legendary at least), but Mach T Tracer is probably my second favourite out of all the legendary skins.

I hate the mach tracer. Covering up her pretty hair with a helmet is just gross.

I just like the colour scheme and the little scarf she has. I've been using the skin you get with the Origins Edition for her up until now.

T.Racer was my first legendary skin. But I think I like the ultraviolet more now.

My first was Roadhog's Toa skin, then I got McRee's Dick Tracy one, and then Ana's Wadjet and Hanzo's Young skins straight after each other. Out of those I only really use Roadhog and Ana, and I prefer Ana's peridot skin.

I bought Zenyatta's Ra skin though, because it's the best skin for the best character.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a game on volskaya last night where the lone tracer would constantly go the back way to try to solo cap and get my team distracted from the chokepoint.

Everyone i go to the back as zenyetta and deleted her with discord + headshots.

Felt so good.

The wurld could alwheys yuse more Tracers.

That was the voice line I got too.

She's the only attack hero I can actually use to any degree of success. I can get the odd lucky match with Reaper, and I've not really played Genji since they nerfed his mobility, and even then I only played him for a few matches back at launch.

PatjuhR

I'm glad Im done forever playing Genji since I got both trophies.

Genji and I are not a match. I'm bad with his stars, both ways of firing. I tend to melee people which is not useful at all, I tend to quick dash myself into situations I don't want to be in and where I need a lucky elimination to get out again and on top of all that I'm totally useless with his ult.

I do love his reflection skill tho.

I'm glad Im done forever playing Genji since I got both trophies.

Genji and I are not a match. I'm bad with his stars, both ways of firing. I tend to melee people which is not useful at all, I tend to quick dash myself into situations I don't want to be in and where I need a lucky elimination to get out again and on top of all that I'm totally useless with his ult.

I do love his reflection skill tho.

I have decent aim with Genji.
As long as I'm standing still.

dhlt25

fuck man I give up with this game, try to do my best and keep on losing. Teammates that can't do dmg as reaper, picking sym in the middle of the payload defense. fuck this shit, the 2,1k range is hell. I don't even know what to do.

PatjuhR

When I'm in games that I see going wrong the only think I think I can do on those moments is pick a hero and try to take out the enemy supports. Sometimes that can turn it around.

KyleCross

It feels like the match I just played was a dream. It was an hour ago (so 4am), I haven't slept and I have strong medication in my system for pain so I already felt pretty hazy but then the match was so bizarre it made me double check I wasn't alseep. The enemy team seem to just give up on the first point, and then was just never around for the second. My team was kinda just standing around doing nothing with only one person on point. The Ana nano-boosted me as Mercy and then I accidently fell off a cliff and we won.

I saved a recording of it, I'll need to watch that again later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom