• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MGrant

fuck man I give up with this game, try to do my best and keep on losing. Teammates that can't do dmg as reaper, picking sym in the middle of the payload defense. fuck this shit, the 2,1k range is hell. I don't even know what to do.

Low 2000s still has people who haven't given a single thought to things like positioning or what their team is doing. The good news is that the other team has the same problem, so pick a self-sufficient hero like Reaper, Mei, or Roadhog, whichever you're best with, and look for enemies who are out of position or not paying attention to you. Kill them.

If you're Reaper, get in flanking position, wait for your teammates to start a fight, then flank. As Roadhog, you want to hook anything that is damaged, a flanker, a healer, or in the sky, and start fights for your team with a good kill. As Mei, fight mid-range, set up walls only when it splits the enemy or saves the team, and freeze anyone 1v1.

Greddleok

I came across a good Mei for the first time.

Every single time I used graviton surge, she put a wall between me and the rest of my team. So I was the only one able to do damage, and everyone caught up in the black hole just shot the shit out of me.

It was pretty incredible actually. Marked the player as "preferred" hopefully I'll be on their team some point in the future.

Blues1990

Hehe thanks. Actually traveling again this week so I still don't really have time to get back in. Excited to once I'm finally back home.

I know the feeling, but it's in the opposite. I'm waiting for my next contract to start, so I have time to get as much out of the game before it becomes impossible to play.

Saw this on Twitter and almost passed out:

source

The resident necromancer has got it going on.

giphy.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Summer games happened on August 2nd, a Tuesday. Everything at Blizzard have been happening on Tuesdays for years.

The last Diablo season started on a Friday. Hearthstone: One Night In Karazhan came out on a Thursday.

so I don't know what you're talking about.

The last Diablo season started on a Friday. Hearthstone: One Night In Karazhan came out on a Thursday.

so I don't know what you're talking about.

Season 2 of Overwatch Competitive started on a Thursday (I think? Might've been Wed. But it definitely was no Tuesday).

Blizzard favours Tuesday for content patches, but it's not fixed.

Blues1990

I'm getting frustrated with Ana players that don't warn me when they have their ult ready. I don't consider myself a great Reinhardt player (or a good one, at that), but good god did this one idiot kept firing at me at the most inconvenient of times.

I had the highest kill eliminations and damage block during the last match I was in, and he called me a subpar Reinhardt. :/

I'm getting frustrated with Ana players that don't warn me when they have their ult ready. I don't consider myself a great Reinhardt player (or a good one, at that), but good god did this one idiot kept firing at me at the most inconvenient of times.

I had the highest kill eliminations and damage block during the last match I was in, and he called me a subpar Reinhardt. :/

Coming from the other side of this, it's frustrating as an Ana player when you announce that your ult is ready, and the Reaper jumps into the point by himself and gets destroyed mid death blossom without killing anyone.

The best one was the other day though attacking the first point at Volskya. I nano boosted a Mei who had her ult ready, who proceeded to run to just outside of the point, before putting herself in a block of ice for the duration of it.

darklin0

Banned
I got kicked by the OW servers during the middle of a match and I couldn't connect back to OW for over an hour. I feel so bad.

Tabby

I got kicked by the OW servers during the middle of a match and I couldn't connect back to OW for over an hour. I feel so bad.

Tell me about it. We lost the first round on a capture map, won the second one and the entire team start to play well and co-ordinate; suddenly the power went out and it didn't go up until the morning.

Felt really bad.

Blues1990

Coming from the other side of this, it's frustrating as an Ana player when you announce that your ult is ready, and the Reaper jumps into the point by himself and gets destroyed mid death blossom without killing anyone.

The best one was the other day though attacking the first point at Volskya. I nano boosted a Mei who had her ult ready, who proceeded to run to just outside of the point, before putting herself in a block of ice for the duration of it.

I've been on both sides, myself. I keep letting people know my Nano Boost is ready, but none of them let me know if their ult is ready. Even when they do, this one Roadhog player had stood still and just thumbs up me throughout the duration of the Nano Boost.

I did had a great Ana that watched my back as Reinhardt.

nbraun80

Came back after a couple months hiatus, didn't play the first competitive season but this one looked much better and closer to the League system I'm used to, was the general consensus that this one was more well received? Played my 10 placements got Plat 2650. Pretty pleased with that for being rusty and getting Ana ulted a couple times as rein and having no idea what it did. Lol just figured it means I should start swinging.

Blues1990

Had this exact number on my match before my rank up to Platinum. Good luck, I got lucky and had the opposing team leave.

Well, I spoke too soon. My team and I got a solid gold ass beating, and I'm down to 2461. Anyone on PC, who's reasonably competent, care to join me?

Watch as no one replies to my request, as usual.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, I spoke too soon. My team and I got a solid gold ass beating, and I'm down to 2461. Anyone on PC, who's reasonably competent, care to join me?

Watch as no one replies to my request, as usual.

If you're fine with playing an aussie I'm game, but I'm not sure if you want to factor in latency on your way to plat. :p

You'll get there, don't worry.

konjak

Been trying out Overwatch on PS4 (I have played a ton on PC).

Now, I've played shooters on console before, just very rarely as I'm not a big fan usually. I played the hell out of Timesplitters 2 and 3. But I will forever not improve my aim on console, and I want to know what magic potion people drink that can reliably aim on these gamepad nightmares, haha.

Is it just being a fan since young that makes you a good aim? I do suck, of course. I just really hate aiming anything with a stick because I never stop flying *juuuust* past my intended target, back and forth.

Been trying out Overwatch on PS4 (I have played a ton on PC).

Now, I've played shooters on console before, just very rarely as I'm not a big fan usually. I played the hell out of Timesplitters 2 and 3. But I will forever not improve my aim on console, and I want to know what magic potion people drink that can reliably aim on these gamepad nightmares, haha.

Is it just being a fan since young that makes you a good aim? I do suck, of course. I just really hate aiming anything with a stick because I never stop flying *juuuust* past my intended target, back and forth.

Strafing is very effective, I hardly ever use right stick for horizontal aiming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom