• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can get pretty sweaty though, since you're usually paired up against another 6 stack. And if you don't have great team chemistry, game over man
Yeah all those matches were pretty sweaty. Our callouts were good though. I was underperforming as a tank today and probably should've stuck with DPS :/

GGs to all that was in that :)

Although I've finally been able to see 3/3 in action.

Nice games guys, couldn't hear your voices though even with everything on, don't know why :\

Shame we got to face that team twice, I was one victory away from diamond lol. Their Mei was a pain in the ass.

Good games guys. It sucks when you're having a great day and then get matched up against the same team twice in a row and lose both wiping out most of the progress. But I went like net +15 and had fun so I'll call that a win.

Already up to #659 Ana in competitive. <3

if that Reinhardt was a gaffer, thanks for all the nano assists.

Nice games guys, couldn't hear your voices though even with everything on, don't know why :

Shame we got to face that team twice, I was one victory away from diamond lol. Their Mei was a pain in the ass.
Bruh we were in party chat. UltimahPooh said he sent you an invite.

And yeah, that team was damn good.

komaruR

Does that work the other way around? The more you lose in a row the more SR you lose? Cos that would explain how I got into the 1200s.

Here's my latest effort:

do you watch any ow youtube videos where the commentator does an analysis on some1 or their own gameplay and or videos that teach flank routes? Your reaper playstyle is too straight forward and you just rush in the front. What I'm trying to say is, try use the teleport to tp from a blind sight to another to try flank the enemy. You want to catch the enemy off gaurd, as in drop in while they are engaging your teammate and don't even notice you (edgy)

I watched your stream for a bit and from what I'm seeing, the people in that silver/low gold tier are just doing their own things (ie, random using ult when its deem waste) and trying to bum rush the objective.

Good games guys. It sucks when you're having a great day and then get matched up against the same team twice in a row and lose both wiping out most of the progress. But I went like net +15 and had fun so I'll call that a win.

Already up to #659 Ana in competitive. <3

if that Reinhardt was a gaffer, thanks for all the nano assists.

I'm the one that have to thank you, it's really awesome being nanoboosted as Rein, that felt good :)

Bruh we were in party chat. UltimahPooh said he sent you an invite.

And yeah, that team was damn good.

He sent 4 actually now that I see it :O

I don't know why it doesn't appear as a notification pop-up, shit :\

Edit: didn't have the "join party" box checked in the notifications menu...

He sent 4 actually now that I see it :O

I don't know why it doesn't appear as a notification pop-up, shit :
There is an option in the settings that toggles notification pop ups, maybe you have it turned off?

Also, I am falling in LOVE with Pharah. Holy shit is she fun.

There is an option in the settings that toggles notification pop ups, maybe you have it turned off?

Also, I am falling in LOVE with Pharah. Holy shit is she fun.

Yup, that was it.

Loved your POTG, when you used the blast to get Rein near you so you could finish him off from above the shield.

DevilDog

Not even Blizzard can make a character THIS corny. And they made Reaper !

Reaper is a parody of Blizzard's corny characters.

I mean:

6.jpg

Yup, that was it.

Loved your POTG, when you used the blast to get Rein near you so you could finish him off from above the shield.
I love doing that to Reins. I always conc them from behind and push them towards my team so that he's in a real bad position. Especially when he's set up in the middle platform on Anubis.

I swear if Pharah becomes my main DPS with Ana as my main healer........

Also, who's OCD on GAF?

I feel like I'm in a pretty good place for hero selection.

DPS: Genji, Hanzo, Reaper, possibly soon to be Pharah
Tank: Roadhog, Zarya, Winston
Support: Ana, Zen, and maybe Lucio

And yet I still want to have more........well done Blizz, you keep making me want more.

Jellie

And yet I still want to have more........well done Blizz, you keep making me want more.

Better than me. Not really great with any DPS. Was decent with tracer on PS4 but not gonna go near her on PC. Only play winston, zarya, zen and ana on PC now. Can do Lucio but it's boring to play him unless I'm always speed boosting.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think DPS is my weakest spot weirdly enough. I guess I just saw it get picked so
much I never really leaned into the characters much, I only really feel comfortable on Reaper and Pharah.

Yeah, this way the game never gets boring :)

1st season I played almost exclusively dps & Lucio, but in this one I'm trying to learn the tanks. Roadhog is probably the easiest since he has self-heal and also extremely fun because of his hook. Reinhardt is really cool too, but only works if you have good support, like the matches today.

Didn't get Zarya/Winston yet though, I suck with them :(

Groups never go into team chat, especially 2 man...hanzo and bastion on volskya attack.

The other 3 random and I can't even ask them to change.

We get shutout naturally.

Lulz, then they go DPS on defense and we get rolled.
Feels like mid level gold on ps4 is filled with trolls.

xaosslug

Nice, gl! Do we know when the new event starts?

apparently the leaked comic is set to go live Wednesday (12th), and the Ana comic dropped the Wednesday after she went live, so all signs point to Tuesday (11th) Get hypEEEEE!

I love doing that to Reins. I always conc them from behind and push them towards my team so that he's in a real bad position. Especially when he's set up in the middle platform on Anubis.

Also, who's OCD on GAF?

my 2 master lvl friends on PS4 said they did the climb w/ Pharah, so if you're aiming for master that seems the way to go! ;D

Jellie

Groups never go into team chat, especially 2 man...hanzo and bastion on volskya attack.

What's wrong with DPS on defence? Or did you already have enough DPS before

Yeah, this way the game never gets boring :)

1st season I played almost exclusively dps & Lucio, but in this one I'm trying to learn the tanks. Roadhog is probably the easiest since he has self-heal and also extremely fun because of his hook. Reinhardt is really cool too, but only works if you have good support, like the matches today.

Didn't get Zarya/Winston yet though, I suck with them :(
Yeah in season 1 I was mainly just Lucio, Roadhog, and a dab of a few other heroes, but mostly those two. I've expanded a TON this season. Honestly I've always been a tank guy, but I feel like I'm starting to be at my best as a DPS over anything else(with the exception of Ana and Hog who are both half DPS, so, yeah lol) which is kinda weird but I'm having good fun with Genji and Reaper and now I want to get Pharah in there and McCree so that I have a main hitscan hero in my arsenal. I also want Reinhardt because of just how good he is.
my 2 master lvl friends on PS4 said they did the climb w/ Pharah, so if you're aiming for master that seems the way to go! ;D
Alright, I'm a Pharah main :p

DevilDog

Literally everyone uses DPS on defence. Only defence hero that is used is Mei and only to counter ana ult.

Literally everyone uses DPS on defence. Only defence hero that is used is Mei and only to counter ana ult.

I'm fine with that, if you do DPS with them...which they did not, I had silver damage and silver elims

Maybe we jus had a bad team comp, I'm by no means an expert.

Also, who's OCD on GAF?

Amari is love.

Yeah in season 1 I was mainly just Lucio, Roadhog, and a dab of a few other heroes, but mostly those two. I've expanded a TON this season. Honestly I've always been a tank guy, but I feel like I'm starting to be at my best as a DPS over anything else(with the exception of Ana and Hog who are both half DPS, so, yeah lol) which is kinda weird but I'm having good fun with Genji and Reaper and now I want to get Pharah in there and McCree so that I have a main hitscan hero in my arsenal. I also want Reinhardt because of just how good he is.

Alright, I'm a Pharah main :p

Those are all awesome characters to play with. My main problem with them is that you need good support since they don't have self-heal abilities. When I soloQ I don't know what I'm getting into, so I generally choose Roadhog/S76. I miss my Genji/Pharah, but if I have to constantly go after med packs, I'd rather stick with those two.

Are you going to play more today?

Are you going to play more today?
Idk, I probably won't do anymore comp today, I kinda just want to do some QP to try and expand my hero selection, probably practice with McCree a bit more. I want to make sure that game on Volskaya wasn't just a lucky McCree game. I also want to get good at Mei.

Yeah I had a blast!

We met our match at the end tho.

Thx for the heals :)

Sorry I didn't see your invites, had the notitifications pop-up turned off.

And yeah, 6-stack was awesome. Really not in the mood to play with randoms right now.

Idk, I probably won't do anymore comp today, I kinda just want to do some QP to try and expand my hero selection, probably practice with McCree a bit more. I want to make sure that game on Volskaya wasn't just a lucky McCree game. I also want to get good at Mei.

Ok. It's 2am where I live so I probably won't play much more today.

Edit: btw, is the mic that came with the PS4 any good? This one.

Yeah I had a blast!

We met our match at the end tho.
Yeah man, everyone on our team was on point and playing great, just the other team as a little better those last two games.

Level 195. Come ooooon Tuesday!

That's the mic I've been using Nuno and it's worked great so far.

Yeah man, everyone on our team was on point and playing great, just the other team as a little better those last two games.

Level 195. Come ooooon Tuesday!

That's the mic I've been using Nuno and it's worked great so far.

Lvl 320 :'(

I doubt I can reach 400 in only 3 weeks to get those quick loot boxes.

Thx, I will try it too next time to see how it goes.

Skii

3rd day on the practice range with McCree and I still have massive problems moving about with a keyboard. Aiming isn't even my main problem yet. My brain has genuine problems processing character movement using keys. I never thought this would be what prevented me from playing Overwatch on PC.

cyborg009

Banned
3rd day on the practice range with McCree and I still have massive problems moving about with a keyboard. Aiming isn't even my main problem yet. My brain has genuine problems processing character movement using keys. I never thought this would be what prevented me from playing Overwatch on PC.

I had issues too but eventually got use to it. Just keep playing in quickplay.

DevilDog

Try using only W and nothing else. Once you get used to it, mix in some more keys.

I promise you its not rocket science, or as complicated as understanding magnetic fields caused by movement of a closed looped current in relation to a metal surface.. No, definently not as hard.

darklin0

Banned

Don't strafe aim, it will hurt you in the long run. Not saying this is what you are doing, just a thing to keep in mind.

Practice makes perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom