• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thewonandonly

Join a party to play a match on Xbox one.

Get are ass kicked in it and lose 1 to zip. They kick me from the party but call me a scrub.

Aight I just had 4 golds and a bronze as zenyatta ;)

Hate competitive on the weekend

Redmoon

Spent the last 2 or so hours playing the brawl. I know for certain now(took this long) my go to tank hero would be D.Va after tonight, but to me she feels lacking in power and squishy. Guess I'm playing her wrong or something.

Sucks. As of right now tanks are where the void lies in me :<

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Spent the last 2 or so hours playing the brawl. I know for certain now(took this long) my go to tank hero would be D.Va after tonight, but to me she feels lacking in power and squishy. Guess I'm playing her wrong or something.
Squishiest tank next to Roadhog.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dva gets countered super hard nowadays. Too many zaryas. :<

Like the only way I'd play dva is if I know the zarya isn't very good, because if not, literally unplayable.

I-hate-u

Sucks. As of right now tanks are where the void lies in me :<

D.Va is my favorite and best tank, but I am trying to my best to drop her for Zarya. D.Va's self destruct can be so clutch, but man, Zarya single handily can win games.

She covers bad teammates, protects support, can team wipe with little help, and is a counter to many.

So close to platinum solo queue. Rocketed 150 points this afternoon. Then tonight: L W L W L W L W L L. Makes you feel like matchmaking is fucking with you (In two instances, it was – my teammates from a win were on the other team and I lost).

nbraun80

D.Va is my favorite and best tank, but I am trying to my best to drop her for Zarya. D.Va's self destruct can be so clutch, but man, Zarya single handily can win games.

She covers bad teammates, protects support, can team wipe with little help, and is a counter to many.
yup her ult is just soo good at facilitating many wombo combo's.

Back in S1, I played Rein a bit but wasn't that good.

Played him again, and during a comp and everything just seemed better. Sure his kit isn't anything fancy but when they say gamesense is huge for a Rein, I believe it. Able to utilize him far better then before even though I rarely played him recently.

Maybe I should start working on my Rein. Actually there's quite a few chars I want to work on now.

Man it's so great be winning for Platinum (going from Gold) 2-1 in Illos and then a teammate leaves and 6 vs 5 they fight back and win us 2-3 with lots of struggle from our part....Really hope Blizzard destroys quitters. Such bullshit ugh

MGrant

Huh, apparently Roadhog's hook doesn't put every character in the same place.

This explain why I always survive his hook when I'm playing Ana.

It is still a mystery how the hook decides to bring certain characters in and how much damage they will get from the left click. So far for me it's been like:

Mercy, Lucio, Zenyatta, Symmetra, Hanzo, Widow, Tracer, Junkrat: Very close, almost always an instakill
McCree, Pharah, Genji: Not as close, sometimes they live.
Ana, Reaper, Soldier, Torbjorn: about 2 meters away, 50% chance they live
Mei: About 3 meters away, almost never dies unless at half health

darklin0

Banned
I don't know how I missed it but I just saw that Sombra picture that leaked or whatever. Is it real?

If yes, an smg? RIP my interest in playing her. ]:

Blizzard

Banned
I think I'd like this brawl more, but like last time it has some really bizarre non-randomness going on.

One game, the enemy team had 8 pharahs in a relatively short KOTH round, 2-3 at a time. 2-3 winstons at a time. 3 Anas + 3 Zaryas. 4 Lucios followed by 3 Mercys on my team in short order. I could see some unusual things being random (I die as Tracer, respawn as Tracer), but the number of people getting stacked champs is crazy.

Rize_21

I don't know how I missed it but I just saw that Sombra picture that leaked or whatever. Is it real?

If yes, an smg? RIP my interest in playing her. ]:
Can't tell til tuesday but if confirmed, we had her silhouette known since day one, which was great imo, from that piece of newspaper in Dorado to the sky code song, yeah...that ARG had its moment of fun in the end.

KiraFA37

I'm live again http://twitch.tv/danj2k if someone wants to see me carry on sucking at Reaper.

EDIT: ok I'm lucio for this one game as I wasn't fast enough on the selection

Okay I only watch 2 minutes but why are you randomly booping as Lucio? Thats a close range ability to create some distance or beep them to their death. Besides it takes 4 ammo to use.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The dream is that Sombra isn't another flanker

because people don't need even more encouragement to play flankers. Another anti-flanker would be nice since McCree's the only real one.

darklin0

Banned
The dream is sombra is such a good dps she finally knocks out tracer or mccree :)

With an SMG?

tumblr_o8nb21EasN1vvi26ho1_500.png

It is gonna be High Noon every day, every minute, every second. Ain't no stoppin' mah boy.

Danj

Okay I only watch 2 minutes but why are you randomly booping as Lucio? Thats a close range ability to create some distance or beep them to their death. Besides it takes 4 ammo to use.

As you may have noticed there are a bunch of characters that I haven't normally played, that are actually the characters I should be playing. All my favourite characters are F tier :(

Blues1990

Thing is, I really love the structure of comp.
I jus can't play with multiple hero picks anymore after comp.

Think I'll take your advice and stick with brawl on weekends.

When it comes to pulling off goofy, funny tactics (the Tri-nhardt technique never gets old), that's why I love playing Quick Play the most. Quick Play is great when I can do what I want without people yelling at me for selecting Symmetra or Soldier 76.

She has the hardest to hit hitbox in the whole game hands down. She makes Tracer feel like Roadhog.

I know Tracer has a big butt, but come on man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You think that stops people from trying to play McCree as a flanker? :p

Well, that's just because McCree has been as good as Genji since he last got buffed where as Genji got nerfed and McCree didn't. McCree is either the best hero ever or the worst hero ever. Right now, he is definitely the best DPS ever.

He needs to be removed from the game, honestly. He's the most imbalanced hero I've ever seen in a class based game. I don't mean just because he's OP now. I mean because his viability has been all over the place with every balance change and every time he's good at one thing, he removes several heroes viability and essentially replaces them. If he isn't the absolute best, there's never a reason to bring him. Him and 76 need to have an update where they're merged into one character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom