• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDog

my only advice is to know when to use the deflect cuz i've been killed by my own bombs that way.

I know how to kill junkrats with their own bombs.

The problem is you're fighting a 80hp vs 200 hp battle, in mid air, travelling at a speed of u=g*t ,where g is the in game acceleration of gravity, towards the enemy team.

Hmm, maybe dashing his mine would work.

Chance

I suck at sniping, but back in the early days i sometimes switched to a widow maker to take out turrets, when there were like three of them in one game.

She should be a counter to the likes of roadhog, turrets, bastions, etc.

As far as road hog goes, what is a good counter against him? Zarya is one, and you'd want to have a zenyatta on your side. But good roadhogs are really difficult to deal with.

Tracer if you can bait out and dodge the hook, but Reaper's the most solid choice. Soldier wouldn't do bad either. And Mei freeze+any other teammate firing is an easy answer to everyone outside of like Tracer, Genji and Pharah.

Skii

FIghting a junkrat as genji is so annoying.
He basically does 120 damage to you constantly with his mine and all while blasting himself in the air.
Cool.

I'm fine with facing Junkrat as Genji. Especially near the beginning of the match where he's with the rest of his team aimlessly spamming into the choke point and you go in front of it with deflect. I've got numerous double eliminations with that. As long as you have reflect, it's really easy imo. Reflect, shuriken, dash should finish him.

DevilDog

I'm fine with facing Junkrat as Genji. Especially near the beginning of the match where he's with the rest of his team aimlessly spamming into the choke point and you go in front of it with deflect. I've got numerous double eliminations with that. As long as you have reflect, it's really easy imo. Reflect, shuriken, dash should finish him.

I'm talking 1 v 1 against actual good junkrats. The will bait out, counter your reflect easily and mine your health for 120 hp, all while escaping the situation.

LiK

I know how to kill junkrats with their own bombs.

The problem is you're fighting a 80hp vs 200 hp battle, in mid air, travelling at a speed of u=g*t ,where g is the in game acceleration of gravity, towards the enemy team.

Hmm, maybe dashing his mine would work.

or just shoot him from afar. fighting a good Junk upclose is just death. Genjis are way too easy to take out with mines and trap for me.

DevilDog

or just shoot him from afar. fighting a good Junk upclose is just death. Genjis are way too easy to take out with mines and trap for me.

Good genjis won't die from traps, and good junkrats won't really show when they're spamming, the will do some mathematical PHD stuff and calculate the perfect angle to spam your team.

jotun?

One little thing that sucks about playing Zarya.. any time I do well, the card I get at the end is for projected barriers and damage blocked. Doesn't matter if I have gold damage, gold elims, high average energy, great ults, etc. It's always the projected barriers

AbaFadi

Banned
One little thing that sucks about playing Zarya.. any time I do well, the card I get at the end is for projected barriers and damage blocked. Doesn't matter if I have gold damage, gold elims, high average energy, great ults, etc. It's always the projected barriers

Happens to me every single time.

Jellie

Think they changed that in the latest ptr patch notes.

Skii

I'm talking 1 v 1 against actual good junkrats. The will bait out, counter your reflect easily and mine your health for 120 hp, all while escaping the situation.

Well you have the range and mobility to avoid Junkrat's spam. I don't see why a Genji and Junkrat of equal quality would be an even battle. Isn't Genji supposed to be a Junkrat counter?

DevilDog

Well you have the range and mobility to avoid Junkrat's spam. I don't see why a Genji and Junkrat of equal quality would be an even battle. Isn't Genji supposed to be a Junkrat counter?
No, I'd argue that if the junkrat knows what he is doing it's a fair fight.

5 medals as gengu, tons of multikills. On fire 90% of the match.

2k damage reflected

adamy

Banned
My friends replies in italics, etc.

"I'm not interested in healing and babysitting players, especially with those that won't co-operate with me with combining ults with Nano Boosting. She looks like a badass, but I'm not interested with playing a pure support character that's incapable of landing headshots. Everyone plays differently with different classes, and in CS, I co-operated with teammates to let them know when players are trying to flank them, etc."

"I'm asking for your thoughts. Not negative comments. Of course there will be players that play certain characters, but if they can do their job well, then cool.

I can play Soldier 76 or Zenyatta just fine, so I can play a semi-healer when needed."

"Dude, you're cool. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels Widow Maker being out of place."

If your buddy is expecting an experience anything remotely similar to CS, that's his problem

This is essentially a team fortress game, which are nothing like the the CS games and involve class roles

LiK

Good genjis won't die from traps, and good junkrats won't really show when they're spamming, the will do some mathematical PHD stuff and calculate the perfect angle to spam your team.

what advice do you want anyway? you keep shutting me down instead of taking any advice i give.

Comp quitters need to be punished more harshly like with a 24 hour ban. It's fucked up that I've been penalized literally hundreds of SR points because other assholes quit.

adamy

Banned
Thanks! Also trying to figure out whether it's possible to avoid roadhog's melee when you chain + primary attack + melee combo

I can't tell whether my timing is off or whether tracer, genji, etc can sometimes (rarely) avoid the melee even when perfectly timed

Comp quitters need to be punished more harshly like with a 24 hour ban. It's fucked up that I've been penalized literally hundreds of SR points because other assholes quit.

What they need to do is let the game distinguish between quitting and disconnects. Half the time it's just because of Blizzard's servers deciding to shit themselves or the weekly DDoS attack.

LiK

i think each time they quit the time duration should last longer and longer. add 10 minutes per leave.

i think each time they quit the time duration should last longer and longer. add 10 minutes per leave.

I thought I remembered them saying the time penalty would double every time until you're eventually just banned for the season.

Unless I'm thinking of a different game.

What they need to do is let the game distinguish between quitting and disconnects. Half the time it's just because of Blizzard's servers deciding to shit themselves or the weekly DDoS attack.

Yeah this is important. I've already been penalized twice because of server problems.

LiK

I thought I remembered them saying the time penalty would double every time until you're eventually just banned for the season.

Unless I'm thinking of a different game.
i don't recall the time ban accumulates thing, but i think they mentioned you're in some sort of probation period and you have to play an unknown amount of matches to completion to get your account back into good standing.

Cappa

Banned
add some of us fellow eu gaffers? psn: JoeNut - currently level 22 so obviously i'm a newb, but i've got a headset at least.

Ditto, I am also pretty new, just level 21, but I am happy to follow direction of someone who knows what they're doing, especially once I start playing competitive.

PSN: sushimonster85

Also, hi everyone! I have been lurking here since jumping in after the free weekend.

added both!

Windowmaker definitely needs to be buffed. I'm surprised they haven't made any significant improvements to her. I think Blizzard has just been relying on guys who like staring at her ass, but her usage rates have to be way down by now.

my only advice is to know when to use the deflect cuz i've been killed by my own bombs that way.

One time I ran into a room as Genji, saw a Junkrat right in my face, instinctively tossed up my deflect, killing him with his own grenade.
Forgot to dash away from his death grenades. :/

LiK

Pharah may be the only hero I have real trouble with as Junk. So I consider her my hard counter. A good Pharah can shut me down too often which is why I am now also maining Soldier in S2. Too many gold gun Pharahs in my games and they are uber annoying with too many randoms not being able to counter her effectively even at Diamond.

Thanks for the free energy brah

you'll get charged either way. people blame my Junk even if I never tossed any nades her way.

I like the idea of quitters (assuming you can distinguish from a server problem) suffering an SR penalty equal to the SR loss of all their teammates combined.

So if you just caused your team to drop 20 points, each, congrats, you just dropped 120 points yourself.

Eventually this'll lead to all quitters being in the 1-1200 range most likely.

LiK

I like the idea of quitters (assuming you can distinguish from a server problem) suffering an SR penalty equal to the SR loss of all their teammates combined.

So if you just caused your team to drop 20 points, each, congrats, you just dropped 120 points yourself.

this is a great idea.

Ahh, I cant believe i missed out on getting one of these Olly Moss prints.

CnVlE_lVYAAkqge.jpg

Cappa

Banned

this is a great idea.

it´s a great idea in theory, but you´re still dropping points and I still don´t think it´s harsh enough. An increase of length of time banned would probably be best but even then I think quitters ruin comp regardless.

LiK

it´s a great idea in theory, but you´re still dropping points and I still don´t think it´s harsh enough. An increase of length of time banned would probably be best but even then I think quitters ruin comp regardless.

i don't think time bans work at all. making them suffer ELO hell would be a better punishment.

The idea is to make the punishment for leaving harsher than the punishment for losing.

The problem is, a temp ban means nothing to people who are mentally done for the night. They don't care if they can't play for X hours, because they already weren't going to play for that time anyway.

Ideally, this system would push the leavers down the chain, so legitimate players would come across them less often as the season progressed.

That or the leavers would change their ways because a leave cancelling out 5 or 6 wins is pretty harsh to people with a solid ego.

LiK

The idea is to make the punishment for leaving harsher than the punishment for losing.

The problem is, a temp ban means nothing to people who are mentally done for the night. They don't care if they can't play for X hours, because they already weren't going to play for that time anyway.

Ideally, this system would push the leavers down the chain, so legitimate players would come across them less often as the season progressed.

That or the leavers would change their ways because a leave cancelling out 5 or 6 wins is pretty harsh to people with a solid ego.

yea, people care about their SR if they're playing ranked and if leaving makes them lose like 100+ points then they will think twice about it. It would have to be an emergency for them to leave.

Now I'm in such a low SR rank that I can't fucking win because my teammates are always shit. Consistently getting gold and silver medals every single match but I can't win for shit. I'm so fucking frustrated.

jotun?

It would be nice if the amount you lose is reduced, as long as the person leaving wasn't in a party with you

It would be nice if the amount you lose is reduced, as long as the person leaving wasn't in a party with you

Nah, this can cause problems.

You'll have a group of 5 harrasing the shit out of a random trying to get him to quit (or worst case, even DDoSing him) so the group's loss penalty is mitigated some.

Cappa

Banned
Nah, this can cause problems.

You'll have a group of 5 harrasing the shit out of a random trying to get him to quit (or worst case, even DDoSing him) so the group's loss penalty is mitigated some.
It´s impossible to have a fallback plan since there are so many "what ifs" but personally (ps4/xbox one) I have never seen anyone harrased and force to quit.

Besides, you can just turn off the microphone and avoid harrasment if you want. DDosing also shouldn´t be an issue on console. Reducing the SR lost for your team if someone quits, is a great idea as well. Especially since many times your team is actually winning and someone just bails out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom