• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
upon returning to the PS4 I now see I got a salty teammate message for my equally salty morning game of losing 5-4 on Anubis, from presumably by the username a 15/16 year old no less.
I'm too old for this shit...
Didn't even give me the pleasure of proper grammar (we didn't "loose" the match pal, we lost the match)

i dunno, even the "useless" ones can do some good damage or stay on objectives. Widow just can't contribute much unless she's killing often. Even her Ult is kinda weak if someone has Hanzo constantly use his wallhack arrows.

Widow can stay on an objective.

She'll probably die, but she can do it.

upon returning to the PS4 I now see I got a salty teammate message for my equally salty morning game of losing 5-4 on Anubis, from presumably by the username a 15/16 year old no less.
Didn't even give me the pleasure of proper grammar (we didn't "loose" the match pal, we lost the match)

Screenshot that shit so we can all laugh at it together.

matmanx1

When you lose a competitive match with a whiny saltlord on your team, queue up again, and then you win the next competitive match - this time with the same whiny saltlord on the opposing team instead. And you also crushed him repeatedly because you played Symmetra and his movements were extremely predictable. Plus you got Play of the Game as Symmetra where he, among others, died to your turrets and microwave.

tumblr_o3la5zytBn1sbu0o7o1_500.png

I find this picture so hilarious but so disturbing at the same time. So, thank you?

Chance

I've recently tried playing flankers with minimal flanking, just sticking with the rest of the team.

I usually forget I ever had this plan after about 30 seconds.

It can be hella strong when it works out. An attack Mei that freezes targets for a Reaper or Tracer to finish off. Heck, a Mercy-supported Reaper in the middle of a push is yooge.

Bought the game last nite round 1am...played nonstop til 11:30am. Tried to sleep, got like 2 hrs and I'm itching to jump back in.

I was not ready for this

Betty

Banned
This game has been the first time in ages I've not only heard people use their mics, but also swear and bitch so hard when losing, it's like the golden years of the 360 all over again.

I-hate-u

If I find a suicide rein on my team I would go zarya and basically treat them like winston.
That's a good tip. A suicide rein loses entire games by himself. People need to be more conservative with that character and know that he is the heart of the team.

Too bad I am ass with Zarya.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
what would you say is a good combo teammate for Winston? I think my choice would be Zenyatta.

Zen.

It's nice having him throw a Harmony orb on me so I can go off the point in KOTH and wreck then leap back when things get hairy without having to worry about him getting murdered like Mercy

Playing with my friends is nice and all but boy my win rate is taking a dive, I've just lost over 100 points as some of them are rusty and more around gold/plat borderline.

Screenshot that shit so we can all laugh at it together.
Ah there's not really enough meat on it to warrant such things.
I kind of wish it had more bile honestly

xaosslug

always wonder if salty enemy/team members single me out w/ their messages or they send messages to the entire team? >_>

Chance

That's a good tip. A suicide rein loses entire games by himself. People need to be more conservative with that character and know that he is the heart of the team.

Too bad I am ass with Zarya.

It's pretty clear when you're Rein/Mercy/Lucio that the team needs you to survive. I can't count the number of times we've held a point for almost an entire round, I die on one of the above heroes and our defense just shatters between the time I die and get back to the point.

God it's so frustrating when you hold the enemy to the first capture point until overtime and then they manage to take the point and just steamroll the rest of the way. Victory was literally in our hands and my team just farted it into oblivion. One fucking D.Va with 10 health and I died as I was about to kill her and our Mei just derped around and let herself be killed by the D.Va too which let them take the point. UGH.

64-6 as D.Va on KotH and we still lose because the team trickles every time. Feels bad.

Rough. The trickle is the worst, especially since it can be hard to notice while you're still in the thick of it. Suddenly, you just realize your team has no real presence, and then you see the skulls pop up periodically.

"Group up with me!" doesn't really work, either, because a lot of times, the team all groups up and then goes about their separate ways right after that.

Are you on later today? 3ish hours or so.

LiK

if people trickle, the best thing is to use Group Up emote and wait until they spawn and just rush with them if they don't listen.

Chance

if people trickle, the best thing is to use Group Up emote and wait until they spawn and just rush with them if they don't listen.

And if, God forbid, your tank is running in solo, don't just pocket the tank. S/he'll get focused and melted. Back up a flanker if you can find one that's putting in work, which gives the rest of your team a chance to take advantage.

Worst trickle is when you go in as a group, everyone dies but you. You're still alive but you don't realize your team died and is still killing and surviving somehow. Yet the team trickles in trying to help you and die in the process.

Basically the team had good intentions, you're still putting work so you think there's still a chance of winning the engagement. But in reality it's a lost battle and need to regroup.

antitrop

This game has been the first time in ages I've not only heard people use their mics, but also swear and bitch so hard when losing, it's like the golden years of the 360 all over again.

You say that like people won't swear and bitch when they're winning. Yesterday I was playing a match where our Rein was constantly yelling at our Zenyatta (I was Lucio), even though we were winning, with a Draw as the absolute worst possible outcome. The Zen was dying a lot and our Rein did have all the Golds and did get POTM, but you would have thought we were getting fucking destroyed by how angry he was when Zen died every time we started a push.

The Rein was also in a 3-stack with his 2 other groupmates backing him up on the shittalking. The kind of group you never want to get on your team, even if they were good players.

I'll take a peaceful loss over a stressful victory. At the end of the day, I am still playing this game more to have fun than to gain ranking points. The Rein was so toxic, he put me on tilt and I wasn't even the one he was mad at.

Worst trickle is when you go in as a group, everyone dies but you. You're still alive but you don't realize your team died and is still killing and surviving somehow. Yet the team trickles in trying to help you and die in the process.

Basically the team had good intentions, you're still putting work so you think there's still a chance of winning the engagement. But in reality it's a lost battle and need to regroup.

tfw you are the trickle

Clydefrog

Playing with my friends is nice and all but boy my win rate is taking a dive, I've just lost over 100 points as some of them are rusty and more around gold/plat borderline.

Ah there's not really enough meat on it to warrant such things.
I kind of wish it had more bile honestly

Hoot hoot, I hear you. I'm about to hit 2900. Every game I play with friends usually ends up as a loss. Gotta solo or duo queue to diamond. Once I hit 3000 though, I won't care and the game will be fun again with friends. It's like getting tenured.

This is the bulk of my Bastion experiences, and it drives me crazy.

Like, we'll group up, we go in. I end up with two or three finishing blows, and then all of a sudden I get absolutely destroyed. I wonder why I'm getting focus fired so bad, and I realize its because I was the only one on my team still alive.

Which is funny, because now my team is angry at me for playing bastion, when somehow, I seem to be surviving longer than them while playing attack on a payload. :(

xaosslug

"Zenyatta keep the harmony orb on Pharah and me (Lucio), and I'll heal the rest of the team"

rhgqus8.gif

64-6 as D.Va on KotH and we still lose because the team trickles every time. Feels bad.

the thing about trickling is that it CAN work if you can survive long enough for the rest of your team to arrive. It's all about timing, imo. If you check the screen and your teammates pictures are still crossed out when you are about to engage, that might be bad timing and it's best to wait until there are no X's on portraits, at least. LOL

but yeah, trickling can work if your teammates flow in not too long after and start picking off the enemies you're distracting.

got 3k in comp points, dunno if I should get junkrat or mercy's golden weapon, leaning towards junk.

Junkrat! He gets no love as is. He needs more love.

Rough. The trickle is the worst, especially since it can be hard to notice while you're still in the thick of it. Suddenly, you just realize your team has no real presence, and then you see the skulls pop up periodically.

"Group up with me!" doesn't really work, either, because a lot of times, the team all groups up and then goes about their separate ways right after that.

Are you on later today? 3ish hours or so.

It's especially frustrating when you're at 99-0 and they take it and you never get any purchase on the point after that. If I'm playing Lucio in that situation I will just sit at spawn until I have 4-5 together then speed boost. In this game Lucio speed boosted himself and one other person who promptly both died. Over and over :(
I'll definitely be on later tonight :D

So many timid reins man its actually hilarious.
Most reinhardt players seem to be on 2 different ends of the spectrums, either

1)Scaredy cats
Or
2)Suicidal Kamikaze planes

antitrop

So many timid reins man its actually hilarious.
Most reinhardt players seem to be on 2 different ends of the spectrums, either

1)Scaredy cats
Or
2)Suicidal Kamikaze planes
Ya, it's pretty easy to tell the Reins that watch too much of MOONMOON's stream and think "Ya, that will work at 2500 ELO".

matmanx1

Ok Gaf compatriots, Nepal has become my nemesis. I can't seem to win on that map to save my life. And lately, it isn't even close. Any team I seem to be on gets just blown out on Nepal.

And I know how to handle KotH maps. Lijiang Tower is one of my favorites and I have a high win percentage there with Lucio.

But something different is going on with Nepal. Anyone a Nepal expert or have some tips that I might be overlooking? I sure could use some help.

Ok Gaf compatriots, Nepal has become my nemesis. I can't seem to win on that map to save my life. And lately, it isn't even close. Any team I seem to be on gets just blown out on Nepal.

And I know how to handle KotH maps. Lijiang Tower is one of my favorites and I have a high win percentage there with Lucio.

But something different is going on with Nepal. Anyone a Nepal expert or have some tips that I might be overlooking? I sure could use some help.

What are the usual heroes you pick there and is there anything you seem to have issue with that you know of?

NimbusD

I feel like if you really want to main support, you need to stick with zen, lucio and ana. Basically supports that can dictate the flow of battle. You really can't do that with mercy. You completely go with the flow of your team.
Unless you're solo q. I play a mean Zen, but if no one is grouped nearby or paying attention to discords even tho I'm calling them, the best you can do is be mercy and make sure your teammates don't die and give the individuals a boost when they need it. You can also usually escape easier when you're targeted and your team doesn't care about saving you.

Lucio can also be pretty good in that regard, but heals much slower and isn't as good st being able to track down teammates who don't group up.

It's especially frustrating when you're at 99-0 and they take it and you never get any purchase on the point after that. If I'm playing Lucio in that situation I will just sit at spawn until I have 4-5 together then speed boost. In this game Lucio speed boosted himself and one other person who promptly both died. Over and over :(
I'll definitely be on later tonight :D
Don't boost until you get to the point. If you boost to get there, you save like... A handful of seconds? But if you boost when you get there, your teammates have a better chance of getting the jump on the enemy and killing them before they kill you.

aeolist

Banned
Ya, it's pretty easy to tell the Reins that watch too much of MOONMOON's stream and think "Ya, that will work at 2500 ELO".

i think moonmoon is actually pretty reserved when he plays rein, definitely more so than his dva and hog

watching his stream is actually what got me into dva and rein to begin with, watching someone competent play when you don't have the pressure of executing can do a lot for your understanding of a character

KiraFA37

Wait what? I just got a message in-game that my Overwatch was ready to update and I'm not on PTR, did I miss somthing?

Edit: its 28mb. Sombra? Halloween? Emotes? Or more fixed shadow steps?

xaosslug

during/after play what do you observe was the problem? A particular enemy kept killing you/teammates? Better enemy coordination? Ws your team lacking in survivability/kills?

always wonder if salty enemy/team members single me out w/ their messages or they send messages to the entire team? >_>

I wondered the same, mine was calling me out for apparently costing us on the fourth round of five on Anubis on defence where I went out alone onto point B to desperately try and stall with Mei's ult and cryofreeze, well I froze them so there's that.
Makes me wonder what he wanted me to do, wait around in the spawn room in the slim hope that everyone would respawn in time (they didn't)

antitrop

Some of the most fun I've EVER had playing Overwatch has been hooking people into the pit on Nepal as Roadhog.

It was a game where the entire other team was 100% tunnel vision'd on the objective and just let me hook people one right after the other without even attempting to stop me. I was just laughing the entire time and it was great.

I'll always love Nepal for that one game.

Good lord. In a Diamond game the team should not be completely flummoxed by a Bastion and a Symmetra teleporter. And then just when it looked like we might hold for the draw in the next round Zarya runs in and gets herself picked off before the team fight begins. Basics people!

Still a pretty good morning, got above 3300 and would've set a new season high if I had won that last one.

xaosslug

I wondered the same, mine was calling me out for apparently costing us on the fourth round of five on Anubis on defence where I went out alone onto point B to desperately try and stall with Mei's ult and cryofreeze, well I froze them so there's that.
Makes me wonder what he wanted me to do, wait around in the spawn room in the slim hope that everyone would respawn in time (they didn't)

ah the life of Mei, tbh. Peeps blame her if you lose, crown her as THE reason you won if you win. smh

like I could freeze the entire enemy team, but if I'm not headshotting every. single. one. w/ deadly, pin-point accuracy thereafter I'm a n00b and should get on another character. -__-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom