• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6| Boop

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah the life of Mei, tbh. Peeps blame her if you lose, crown her as THE reason you won if you win. smh

like I could freeze the entire enemy team, but if I'm not headshotting every. single. one. w/ deadly, pin-point accuracy thereafter I'm a n00b and should get on another character. -__-

No one ever messages me about Mei. I'm just too lovable.

Salarians

The only message I've ever gotten was (sincere) praise and thanks for getting a triple res with Mercy on the homestretch of attack, even though we still lost the match. This was on PS4 before comp rolled out.

I've moaned in here before about it, but I'm going to do it again - people who quit ranked games deserved to be badly punished.

Just finished a 20 minute game where the game was tied 2/2 and a player quit at the start of game 5 resulting in us eventually falling at the final hurdle.

Yet he'll get a slightly higher points deduction that I did for losing a game and that's it. It's a joke. Players should be given more severe punishments - such as being banned from playing competitive for 12/24 hours.

I've moaned in here before about it, but I'm going to do it again - people who quit ranked games deserved to be badly punished.

Just finished a 20 minute game where the game was tied 2/2 and a player quit at the start of game 5 resulting in us eventually falling at the final hurdle.

Yet he'll get a slightly higher points deduction that I did for losing a game and that's it. It's a joke. Players should be given more severe punishments - such as being banned from playing competitive for 12/24 hours.

I'm going to guess he got disconnected. For some reason, the game doesn't distinguish between a server error/disconnect and an intentional exit, and the game sometimes doesn't allow you to rejoin for no apparent reason.

I'm going to guess he got disconnected. For some reason, the game doesn't distinguish between a server error/disconnect and an intentional exit, and the game sometimes doesn't allow you to rejoin for no apparent reason.

Nope, he quit. I sent him a rather annoyed message to which he replied 'lol - whatever'

I appreciate that some players have connection issues (I would be lying if I said I hadn't), but the amount of people who are quitting games in series 2 compared to series 1 is just insane.

Skii

Man I had the worst Reaper ever on my team. He was so scared of engaging a dragon blading Genji when it was 3v1 in our favour. I even threw the discord onto Genji and harmony onto Reaper but he teleported away. The Genji of course killed me, the Soldier and the Reaper.

Any decent Reaper hunts down the Genji dragon blade. You deal so much damage and Genji wants to be right up and close. It usually forces the deflect which basically ends the dragon blade right there and then.

Man I had the worst Reaper ever on my team. He was so scared of engaging a dragon blading Genji when it was 3v1 in our favour. I even threw the discord onto Genji and harmony onto Reaper but he teleported away. The Genji of course killed me, the Soldier and the Reaper.

Any decent Reaper hunts down the Genji dragon blade. You deal so much damage and Genji wants to be right up and close. It usually forces the deflect which basically ends the dragon blade right there and then.

Exactly. An Ulting Genji that has to use his Deflect, is typically a dead Genji. He's likely up front and has the entire enemy team's attention, he's not attacking, and he's probably not moving very erratically.

Exactly. An Ulting Genji that has to use his Deflect, is typically a dead Genji. He's likely up front and has the entire enemy team's attention, he's not attacking, and he's probably not moving very erratically.
Unless he still has a dash to cancel the deflect.

But even then, he probably lost a second or two.

matmanx1

What are the usual heroes you pick there and is there anything you seem to have issue with that you know of?

Usually Lucio for KotH but sometimes, if needed, I will play Reaper or Pharah on Nepal because both of them can do some work in the right situation.

during/after play what do you observe was the problem? A particular enemy kept killing you/teammates? Better enemy coordination? Ws your team lacking in survivability/kills?

Well, last night, no one wanted to tank. So I picked Zarya but once we got towards the point the team just split in all directions. Like everyone wanted to be the flanker, no one went for the point. A few more respawns go by and someone finally picks D.Va so I switched to Winston since I couldn't get anyone to group up with me. We lost the round but that went marginally better.

By round 2 the fighting started and one guy was calling out our Mcree by saying he was trash and couldn't hit anything (I don't know, I wasn't watching him) so as a troll pick the dude changed to Symmetra.

It was pretty much down hill from there.

I'm not sure why that particular map seems to be more problematic but I've had teammates that trickle in, never group up, seem to be playing TDM, don't communicate, you name it. All of this stuff happens on other maps also but for some reason it is Nepal where it all seems to culminate and produce the worst blow-outs.

Now I can't control randoms but I can control what I do and I am always looking for ways to improve.

antitrop

KOTH TORB FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I can't believe we even managed to take a game out of this.

rhYTC2W.jpg

KOTH TORB FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

rhYTC2W.jpg

I've see KotH Torbs work really well, actually.

Way better than the other 3 map types.

Usually because his turret keeps pressure on the enemies and prevents them from advancing to your half of the map, and also keeps flankers in check.

antitrop

I've see KotH Torbs work really well, actually.

Way better than the other 3 map types.

Usually because his turret keeps pressure on the enemies and prevents them from advancing to your half of the map, and also keeps flankers in check.
Maybe at Masters, not at Platinum. He did literally nothing and said literally nothing the entire game. The enemy Genji took out his turrets before they even finished building.

cyborg009

Banned

rhYTC2W.jpg

I've done a attack torb once before he can work but its very hard to set everything up.

DarkKyo

So is there any rumor about when another loot box event could be going down? I'm guessing for Halloween themed skins?

I only ask because I just rolled over from 100-1 and I'm trying my hardest not to play so I can get some easy/fast loot boxes once the event starts.

ricelord

Worst trickle is when you go in as a group, everyone dies but you. You're still alive but you don't realize your team died and is still killing and surviving somehow. Yet the team trickles in trying to help you and die in the process.

Basically the team had good intentions, you're still putting work so you think there's still a chance of winning the engagement. But in reality it's a lost battle and need to regroup.
This like every match I play.

This fucking game. 4 or 5 straight wins in quick play, most with 2 or 3+ golds, go into ranked, lose first match with 4 golds (everything but healing). I AM NOT THE PROBLEM HERE

Prelude.

So is there any rumor about when another loot box event could be going down? I'm guessing for Halloween themed skins?

I only ask because I just rolled over from 100-1 and I'm trying my hardest not to play so I can get some easy/fast loot boxes once the event starts.
I'm facing the same issue and I'm gonna switch to the PTR for now.

Azoor

Today I went to a rather amusing QP. We just went all Widow and the other team went all Hanzo which turned into a rather entertaining game a peekaboo.

It's fucking annoying when your healers don't know how to...you know...fucking heal.

I was being harassed by this Genji and my Ana thought it was a better idea to shoot him instead of me when I was at low health. Fuck me man.

He then switched to Zen and I never saw a single discorded enemy.

Azoor

It's fucking annoying when your healers don't know how to...you know...fucking heal.

I was being harassed by this Genji and my Ana thought it was a better idea to shoot him instead of me when I was at low health. Fuck me man.

He then switched to Zen and I never saw a single discorded enemy.

Either that or they had terrible aim lol.

Either that or they had terrible aim lol.
I couldn't have been that hard to hit when I was Roadhog. If your wondering why I couldn't deal with him myself, I didn't have self heal or hook up because I used those while dealing with the Tracer and I had like 100 health. I don't care how good or bad your aim is, if there's a Roadhog in front of you, you should be able to hit him. Period.

Chance

I couldn't have been that hard to hit when I was Roadhog. If your wondering why I couldn't deal with him myself, I didn't have self heal or hook up because I used those while dealing with the Tracer and I had like 100 health. I don't care how good or bad your aim is, if there's a Roadhog in front of you, you should be able to hit him. Period.

Okay that's fair.

So I'm pretty sure Top 500 is actually Top 600 this season.

I just won two games, the first put me into Master, and the second put me in the Top 500. Or rather, it gave me the emblem, but the number above it is 583.

Azoor

Ah, now it makes sense why you'd be so angry.

Jellie

So I'm pretty sure Top 500 is actually Top 600 this season.

I just won two games, the first put me into Master, and the second put me in the Top 500. Or rather, it gave me the emblem, but the number above it is 583.

Yeah I had 506 as my highest unless I had a higher rank before I logged in so I hope I get the rewards.

Statistically something about competitive doesn't add up to me.
Checking my stats I'm below a 50% win rate this season so logically I shouldn't be able to climb in rank yet I'm slowly but surely managing it.
I know it's said that personal performance can dictate how many points you earn or lose but even then It just doesn't seem quite right. based on the marginal differences I'd say in this case it's at least stacked slightly in the favour of persisting but I'm pretty sure we had some people earlier post the opposite.

One of the worst feelings is turning a corner as a healer right in time to watch someone on your team die so it probably looks like you just didn't care to heal them, lmao.

Statistically something about competitive doesn't add up to me.
Checking my stats I'm below a 50% win rate this season so logically I shouldn't be able to climb in rank yet I'm slowly but surely managing it.
I know it's said that personal performance can dictate how many points you earn or lose but even then It just doesn't seem quite right. based on the marginal differences I'd say in this case it's at least stacked slightly in the favour of persisting but I'm pretty sure we had some people earlier post the opposite.

You assume and win and a loss are of equal value.

A win can be +30 against a team higher than you, and a loss can be a -12 against a team higher than you.

You're winning against better teams more often than you are losing against worse teams.

One of the worst feelings is turning a corner as a healer right in time to watch someone on your team die so it probably looks like you just didn't care to heal them, lmao.
Which then of course leads to you walking straight into the enemy that killed them, like double damn.

You assume and win and a loss are of equal value.

A win can be +30 against a team higher than you, and a loss can be a -12 against a team higher than you.

You're winning against better teams more often than you are losing against worse teams.

Guess I should pay more attention to the numbers.

meshwork

In other news, My 583 just went down to a 519 after a loss.

Interesting...

When I won I would lose the top 500+ but when I lost I would regain it. It's weird.

Top 500 ranking is all relative to your MMR compared to others in the top 500. Gaining ranks when you lose a game just means someone else (ahead of you) in the top 500 lost more MMR during that same time. It's not the most intuitive system imaginable, but it makes sense when you think about it.

Jellie

Top 500 ranking is all relative to your MMR compared to others in the top 500. Gaining ranks when you lose a game just means someone else (ahead of you) in the top 500 lost more MMR during that same time. It's not the most intuitive system imaginable, but it makes sense when you think about it.

I don't think that is what was happening. For example, when I won I would go from like 519 to out of 600 since it didn't show. If I didn't play I was still at 519 and would go down or up two places max. When I lost I went from out of 600 since I didn't have the top 500 emblem to like 540 so I doubt the big jumps/falls is due to other people but probably just a glitchy system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom